Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Need more dakka edition.

Last >Warhammer Community news(New FAQs for Codex: Death Guard, Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus and more)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/01/new-faqs-for-codex-death-guard-codex-adeptus-mechanicus-and-moregw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

madrobotminiatures.com/images/HH-21.jpg
madrobotminiatures.com/images/HH-23.jpg
madrobotminiatures.com/images/HH-22.jpg
madrobotminiatures.com/images/HT-05.jpg
madrobotminiatures.com/images/HL-01.jpg
madrobotminiatures.com/images/HA-09.jpg
madrobotminiatures.com/images/HW-11.jpg
madrobotminiatures.com/images/HW-10.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cadia and guard in general has OP antichaos stratagem and relic
>armageddon get nothing against orks
inb4 Yarrick he is not in regiment

How much do I deny the holocaust if I use the Custodes Corona Carrier as a Venerable Land Raider?

Since Pask is Cadia only and Straken is Catachan only, I wonder if Yarrick is Steel Legion only or if he can be taken by anyone.

Can someone indicate what it is that causes superheavies in aux detachments to not have regimental bonuses?
I hadn't heard this until today and I'm confused.

Commissars aren't a Regiment. They are assigned to them.
Why would they cause themselves
to lose sales by denying the hordes of Cadian players access to Yarrick?

>no top five squigs

5 000 000% denier

Are they about the same size? If so go for it, if not only for games where your opponent agrees

Bit of a weird problem, i was hoping to get Veeky Forums's advice.

A while back, I convinced my guard buddy to tone down his list, because I couldn't beat it, and it was waac as fuck. 60 conscripts, lots of baneblades and tanks and stuff.

The thing is, he hasn't been able to beat my dark eldar list since. I kept telling him to wait for the codex, and that it would make things more balanced. But we played two games last night using the rules we know about from the codex (using spoilerman's videos). He still wasn't able to beat me. So now my friend gave me an ultimatum: either stop running soulburst rules in my DE list and go back to the PFP table, or he won't play against me.

How do I convince my friend that my army isn't waac, so I don't need to change it?

On blue Ork Hot-rod buggies should i blend the flames or keep the hues in distinct "layers"?

Plus Yarrick fought alongside loads of other troops on Armageddon, not just steel legion. Plenty of fights alongside the PDF or some Cadians.

dumb squig and anime poster

Stop trying to handicap your friends list just so you can win you asshole

Drink a gallon of bleach to prove your sincerity.
It'll solve his problem, yours and ours.

>restricts friends list
>wont restrict own
either man up and let him play unrestricted or follow some restrictions as well, cuckboi

I mean... why would they cause themselves to lose sales by limiting Pask to Cadian or Harker to Catachan? Same thing. *shrug*

Do you really think even the most minor of rules decisions are controlled by the desire for money over everything else?

>not being able to handle baneblades
>when youre playing ayy lmao fuck your tanks: the army
>while using fucking retarded ynnari rules to boot
Youre just shitty at the game

Oh, I would totally restrict myself if my army was the waacfag army or if I was running a waaaclist. But I'm not, so I shouldn't have to.

Yes?

It's all about dat incentive.

I'm curious about 1 thing. Yarrick can definitely be taken by other regiments, however I'm not sure how his voice of command order will work, since that's his default warlord trait. Maybe he can order anyone. Might even be able to order Ogryn.

It's not like the Pask, Harker or Yarrick models are really money earners, why should they care? They are small models that you will at most buy one of. Now, having 7 different Russ tanks and armies of 200 conscripts, that is where the model money is.

Yes.

you are running one from his point of view, just as he was running one from yours

I'm damn near certain that it'll be restricted to INFANTRY.

Yeah but what if he doesn't have a tag so how will that work? He has 1 order he can give to no one?

Maybe he gets one in the case of him getting voice of command and you can apply him to whatever regiment you're using.

This is some extreme hypocrisy

People can use the default tank commander in placd of pask. Pask is better sure, but the unnamed commander fulfils the same role.
Harker was never super popular. I think I've seen him played once over the years.
Yarrick is owned at least by every second IG player, he's easily the most recognisable IG character and tying him to a single regiment would hinder his fame on the tabletop.

It's also bait of such a magniture that a image macro of sufficient size exceeds my computers storage capacity.

Who's to say Yarrick must be your warlord? Named characters don't HAVE to be your warlord, do they? If I'm taking Pask and a couple tank commanders I can just designate one of the random tank commanders as warlord to avoid having to take the shitty Cadian order giving trait, right?

T. Waacfag in denial

>55682504
Pic related.

--

I'm attempting to do a kitbash for a squad of Guardsmen for a feudal world look

>Bretonnia Bucket Heads
>Cadian Legs
>Mix of GSC autoguns and Cadian/Catachan Lasguns

Just stuck on the chest
Both the Scion chest and GSC Neophyte looks good.
But worried Scion looks too bulky for 5+, and the GSC chest is a little too sci-fiy for the feudal look I was going for.

Tho I was thinking some Greatswords for a more ornate look / fantasy bits

Advice?

*He* doesn't have the Regiment keyword, but other units in the *same detachment* will have the keyword.
They will have found some way to phrase the rule when the codex is released.

>I'm not sure how his voice of command order will work, since that's his default warlord trait
Clearly he can only order fellow Commissars around

can't risk us 'NPC's being given any references

Did these guys spend all their teef on their shootas? It bugs me that they don't have a 4+ save, regular Nobz do.

>NPC's being given any references
Don't worry, you got referenced in 8e codex that Orks and Steel Legion had to work together to fight the big bad Daemons

>Steel Legion gets hidden trait. One ORK detachment can be taken for every STEEL LEGION detachment so long as your opponent has a DAEMON detachment.

>Remembering when you could take Anti Xenos Doctrines or Chapter Tactics

Scion chest looks fine.

Asshole

He's not the waacfag. You are.

To reply to this the Haemonculi didn't exactly intend to cause the birth of Slaanesh but this new Ynnari development could put them in direct allegiance with them.

>Bretonnia Bucket Heads
Unless you already have hundreds of these, scrap that idea.

This is like going to /mu/ and posting in local scene threads about how you like to go to DIY shows and take pictures of code violations, then forward them to the fire dept in order to get the places shut down.

Ask me how I know.

I made a veteran squad of these boys already, but I think I want to make a squad of Ventrillian Nobles. I would make more, but I only have 10 Pistollier heads and I don't want to get more.

Recast them my dude.
Presscasting should probably do just fine.

>Shotgun
Fuck, I would kill for a bunch of those.

When was the last time you saw an Autarch in an Eldar list, user?

Great your dudes model, not a bad mini itself and very important for fluff reasons in the scale a normal 40k game plays out. It's just the rules, which are not even remotely mediocre, let alone good.

Guide/Tutorial?

Has anybody put the Astra Militarum dex up yet?

You can order the shotgun bits from the GSC kit on ebay. Some of them have goofy hands, but as far as I know, only veterans can take shotguns, you should have 5 of them being your sergeant, 3 special weapons and a heavy flamer. Actually I think commanders and command squads can take them too, but I don't know why you would do that.

Look up bluestuff recasting on yt, theres a shitload of dudes who show how.

You are the higher nail fucko, get hammered.

Reminder that WAAC is just a meme you spout at your opponent when you can't think of a way to win against them.

Here is an idea I had, why not make Marines with servos? But these are not techmarines, these servos will hold guns for them, kinda like how people in the age of sail carried multiple flintlocks, these marines empty each bolter and swap for a fresh one,so it fits in 40k doesn't it?

Sounds like fucking tech-heresy to me.

Iron hands

Was reading tactica, saw that modifier to hit roll on supercharged plasmas are solved before to avoid 1 or to make 2 a 1 against alpha legion/raven guard, while at my flgs it's considered turning a 3+ into a 2+ dice roll

I quickread core rules this morning, the only thing it says it's about "1 is always failure regardless of modifiers"

So when do you apply the modifier to the roll? Is the strategy used on the tactica wrong on based on a loophole? Or can you choose when to apply the modifier, just make sure to tell your opponent before the match?

So are Guard superheavies OP now?

I'm catachan, wanting to run an army with a few basilisks and russes, some HWTs, 5-6 infantry squads, and some scions, but that leaves a big chunk of change to fit a LoW into. I was thinking either stormlord (perfect medium-heavy fire), baneblade (the OG pimp), or a shadowsword (the one-stop shop for DELET THIS) . Yes/no?

I just don't want to be a waacfag, plz help

You could model something to represent that, and use the rules around bases for familiars or watchers in the dark. Basically ornaments that get ignored in the crunch.

What if I glued a bunch of Brimstone horrors into the shape of a huge brimstone horror would that make a good daemon prince?

I fell they might be more popular if the model wasn't limited to a single, slightly weird loadout. Hell, if plastic aspect warriors when? WHEEEEEEEEN? existed so if was fairly simple to swap in other parts, or just kitbash an autarch from scratch, I reckon you'd see them more.

Of course, what will probably actually happen is the eldar codex will only have an entry for an autarch with wings, mandiblasters, a fusion pistol and a power sword.

>I don't want to be a waacfag
>which of these fuck no OP units should I use

Planning that for my nurgle daemon prince but with nurglings. load of them just stuck together with armour shaped plates over them

> Those who hates waacfag run the risk of becoming one, when you gaze in to the waac the waac also gazes back.

It's even more annoying since they HAD 4+ saves in the edition before these models

If done properly, sounds like it could be cool. I'd almost want to make a horrible... Horror Ball. Pink horrors on the inside, followed by a layer of Blue Horrors, with Brimstone horrors forming the majority of the "limbs"

Yeah actually, if you did a giant autistic looking Balrog with a bunch of tzeentch mods and brims riding on top, it'd look awesome.

I've actually been thinking of something similar but for spawn and stuff. Though I was planning on going with more of a greenstuffing route for that.

Well, I was thinking of something akin to a new class, but nevermind
Oh really?
What a shame,but now that I think about it? Why doesn't some techpriest just lie and say they "found" their inventions lying around? For all the bickering amongs priests, I expected more lies.

Speaking of WAACfag units, I love the idea of my Shadow Sword spitting out 8d6 heavy flamer shots everytime someone even thinks about assaulting it. But is 200 points for 2 sets of sponsens really worth it? They also come with Lascannons so it's almost comparable to taking a laspredator.

Well that's what I'm asking. I've been running russes through thick and thin for ages now, and basilisks didn't get any better. I got rid of all my conshits cause I hate being Waac, and unless you're running a trio of scion command with plasma/melta, they aren't OP.

I just have this superheavy kit I got on the cheap a while back, and at the time everyone said it was terrible, so I'm wondering if now I can build it without being a fag. Previously I had some hydras, sentinels, and bullgryns, bullgryns aside I'm sick of using things that rarely get to do anything at all.

So yeah, I know Guard is really op but I want to use what I like without being a dickhead.

I have about 50. So I am committed to bucket heads.

magnets

Wait do regimental doctrines carry to superheavies??? If so heavy flamer catachan will be insane

It's worth it if you plan on buffing it, since more weapons on one platform gives you more mileage on your buffs.

Orders, psychic powers, defense searchlights, trojan support vehicles, salamander command vehicles will all give you more bang for the buck on a SH than they would on smaller units.

So why don't baneblades get regiment bonuses?

What's this? Meltabomb?

I'd love to do them, but them feather heads are nigh impossible to find.

Seriously thinking about making huge conscript blobs of these guys, using this:

madrobotminiatures.com/images/HH-21.jpg
madrobotminiatures.com/images/HH-23.jpg
madrobotminiatures.com/images/HH-22.jpg
madrobotminiatures.com/images/HT-05.jpg
madrobotminiatures.com/images/HL-01.jpg
madrobotminiatures.com/images/HA-09.jpg
madrobotminiatures.com/images/HW-11.jpg
madrobotminiatures.com/images/HW-10.jpg

I believe catachan rerolls only apply once per vehicle.

Yes, SHs have keyword. Catachan hellhammer with flamers, Cadian reroll 1s, Valhallan ignoring damage penalties, Tallarn outflanking...all legit.

So if I want to get into dark eldar, I can get the getting started box and a box of wyches and it lands me about 500 pts. If I then get Gangs of commoragh I can get about 900 points. And then I have kabalites in a raider, an Archon, wyches, 9 raiders and 10 hellions which seems very fast but like a bad idea.
In burger bucks this is 75+40+60 plus taxes but I get a discount at my store / maybe can find deals.
The alternative is getting started, wyches and second getting started. That's 2 kabalites in raiders, wyches 6 raiders and two archons which is also around 900 points for 75+40+75.
I don't know where I should go? Obviously getting started and wyches to get 500 point games in, but what kinds of units are going to be core and continue to be useful as my army grows?

Go look at the math. Stormlord is so-so now unless you really need the extended firing deck. Go to superheavies are the Hellhammer or Shadowsword.

Yeah, you do have Techpriests doing that I guess. But then it turns out that the shape of the reverse flange sprocket corrupts the user into a raving, daemon vomiting psychopath after prolonged use. Or the software is full of scrap code that will infect a ship's door mechanisms and space everyone.

Technology is archaic and stagnant for a reason. Fucking Chaos.

I like that GW said we're killing Deathstars!

Nah, just bring 3 detachments and you're good to go.

Per weapon.

Probably not worth the extra expense on a tank that's going to stay way back and mostly do work with its main gun. 4d6 flamer shots is still plenty scary if you want to go that route. Flamer spam makes more sense on Stormlords and Hellhammers who are going to be up close and often charging the enemy.

Good golly gosh, I may just run my kriegers as catachan. If only to not offend the anti-FW crowd.

The transport capacity make it very good in a niche role. Otherwise squishy scions safely firing AP -2 guns and plasmas out the top is really mean, especially if they have the scion doctrine to reroll failed wounds and get extra shots on 6+. Stell Legion can actually make good use of it, too, since plopping one stormlord in the board center lets tons of units hop in and out at will, anywhere within 3" around that enormous footprint. You can rapid fire, embark to safety, next turn disembark on the opposite side of the vehicle where you cannot be reached and rapid fire again...and you can do it with 4 squads at a time.

Post your list

Tallarn also get to advance, fire, and charge with "Crush Them!", which is fun.

On a BS2+ unit that rerolls 1s to hit do I want two heavy flamers or two storm bolters, or one of each?

Heavy flamers are S5 and AP-1 vs S4 AP- storm bolters, but they only have 1/3 the range, and are at the mercy of dice rolls to determine hits, while two storm bolters does 8 shots in rapid fire range.

I saw some time ago some alternative Tallarn models but I cant remember what company made them its was a squad of 10 they were offering. Anyone know?

>and a box of wyches
Sadly, they're kind of crappy. It's slightly more expensive, but I'd recommend grabbing a ravager instead.

Slaanesh's penis pump, she really does need one now that she has a real flesh penis.

Tallarn are definitely the blitz armor faction of choice right now. Valhallan are also good, but only for more static board control and endurace, especially with the ability to respawn conscripts off your edge to bubble wrap with, and the ability to shoot into melee when those conscripts get charged. Catachan have the best artillery and flame units.

All in all, the codex is very very good at differentiating the regiments by playstyle. It's also super-powerful, but I imagine as new dexes come out they will all be a similar power level as this one with similar flexibility. In the long run things look good for the game.