Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Dance of death edition.

Last >Warhammer Community news(New FAQs for Codex: Death Guard, Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus and more)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/01/new-faqs-for-codex-death-guard-codex-adeptus-mechanicus-and-moregw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GGSGT3rqzys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for ducking typos

my dudes > your dudes

Best way to get Russ stripes?

Are there guardsmen conversion bits being held in the lefthand instead of the right like GW?

Duncan did one today.

I'm sorry for being a retard, but a pair of lightning claws will give 3 attacks total, right? 1 for each weapon (2) and then 1 more for being in a pair.

Masking tape
youtu.be/GGSGT3rqzys

She uses an airbrush, but you can do the same thing with rattlecans of colored spray.

True. I guess I make them Elysians and just order their "ignore casualties" every turn on 4+. Might be slightly fairer that way. Or in medium to high WAAC games make the mandatory HQ a pointsinked Lord Commissar and ban their guns since the slightly more badass leader with a shock maul suits Admech well. I wish there were some kind of Ministorum Faithful unit which were basically 4 or 5ppm 6++ Conscripts with none of the nonsense or good weapons, but with the ability to halve morale losses taken to represent their zealotry. Would help with my problem as well as allow Sisters to get some bodies around the tanks. Only really seen Sisters lists with a bunch of rhino chassis and Celestine this edition.

No. You get models A + 1 attacks.

You could just run them as Valhallan if you can keep the detachment only AM.

loctite makes this blue-tac mounting putty that works pretty well. I used it to mask tiger stripes. It's like $2 a pack, and it's way easier to lay out patterns than with tape. Comes off fine without pulling paint.

What should I get for Grey Knights? I have 15 little dudes, 10 bigger dude, some leader dudes a rifle dreadnaught and a land raider.

What next? Dreadknight Grandmaster? More termies? More pleb-tier guys?

What would a Tzeentch lasgun look like?

Just an ornate lasgun with a maw for the barrel.

A lasgun that shoot blobs of flesh.

Oh snap, I completely missed that. I apologize for my blindness, Valhallan Conscripts it is then. HQ can just be my spare Enginseer since I don't need Orders to boss two units of gunless Conscripts, and with x2morale that's 40 wounds before morale-kill spread out in front of My Dudes and a convenient repairman for 232 points. Seems fair enough and an Enginseer is making basically zero use of Stygies Tactics anyways.

Longer versions of the tzaangor pistols.

Thanks. So a Chainsword and a bolter pistol will give the modell 2 (same as a single chainsword) attacks in total instead of 3 then?

reposting in case my fellow gue'vesa missed it
#
Looking much better but with those 80 left over points you can get 2 squads of 5 drones to help with your board presence/keep your dudes alive AND make another detachment to get an extra CP.

vanguard
commander
stealth suits x3
ghostkeel

outrider
commander
pathfinders x2
drones x2

Correct. The bonus attacks for two weapons is gone in 8th. You only get bonus attacks if the weapon explicitly says you do. Instead, pistols are allow to shoot during your shooting phase even if you are in melee.

AHHH SHIT
user you win, I have 4+ of these sprues Tzeentch Catachan is proceeding!

Thanks

Aight, thanks man.

Reminder that using WAAC to influence your opponent's decisions to lose is in of it's self WAAC.

Thanks buddy I really appreciate the help. Here is the finalized list just to make sure I don't have any stupid wargear selections:

++ Outrider Detachment (CP +1) (Tau Empire) [322 Pts, 6 Pwr] ++

+ HQ +

Commander [148 Pts, 6 Pwr]: 4x Cyclic Ion Blaster

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [47 Pts]: Ion Rifle, 5x Markerlight

Pathfinder Team [47 Pts]: Ion Rifle, 5x Markerlight

Tactical Drones [40 Pts]: MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone

Tactical Drones [40 Pts]: MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone, MV1 Gun Drone
++ Vanguard (CP +1) (Tau Empire) [678 Pts, 6 Pwr] ++

+ Elites +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuit [106 Pts]: Advanced Targeting System, 3x Burst Cannon, Shield Generator, 3x XV25

XV25 Stealth Battlesuit [106 Pts]: Advanced Targeting System, 3x Burst Cannon, Shield Generator, 3x XV25

XV95 Ghostkeel [200 Pts]: Fusion Collider, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Target Lock
. Fusion Blasters: 2x Fusion Blaster

+ HQ +

Commander [160 Pts, 6 Pwr]: 4x Fusion Blaster

++ Total: [1000 Pts, 12 Pwr] ++

Don't use the Vanquisher to bully other Anons.
It is a pure spirit.

I don't think you can put ATS as well as Shield Gens on your Stealth Suits

>pure
not with that lewd cannon hanging out for everyone to see

What is this?

OWO

BattleScribe says I can put one thing per suit.

So one of my three suits has ATS, the other has Shield, and the third is nekkid.

Alright /40kg/, I want you to think of your favorite 40k model. You got it in your head? Okay? Alright, Its Emperors Day/Slanneshmas/Tau'zaa/Ct'anikah/etc. And your favorite model wants to give you a genuine gift! What do you get user?

I miss the picturebook army builder.

Yeah, stealth suits only have 1 hard point but you can shift some of those outrider gun drones to the stealth teams to achieve a similar effect, you only need 3 fast attack units for the outrider anyway

I'd just give all three ATSs and be done with it.

is it one hardpoint per suit or per unit?

the Emperor's Champion gives me my death

You should keep them identical to avoid excessive book keeping, ats is great on them btw

Fucking normies

No user, you get a physical gift. As in, a reward.

It always annoyed me that he counts as being armed with a Bolt pistol when that's clearly a Stub gun.

She gives me a kiss on the cheek for PR purposes and PR alone.

I probably receive a decent bashing for my autism now, but is the "General" in the title pic written "Genreal" intentionally and actually a dank piece of memerismology that I just donĀ“t know?

I use a Vanquisher because I think it looks cool.

The Emperors Champion grants me a swift execution for not being out there, purging the xeno, killing the heretic and burning the mutant.

per suit

>Tzaangor
birb benis

(Just how many generals are there ?! Reposting here)

I'm still really confused as to how to build my battle forged army in 8th.

Let's admit that I want an army made out of 1 Tyranid detachment, 1 Genestealer cults detachment + 1 Astra Militarum detachment (as per the brood brothers rule), would that be feasible, or is having pure "Tyranids" and "Astra militarum" units in the same army a big no-no (even if they are in different detachments) ?

Skulls wrapped carefully in fire

a grenade sans pin

Yeah my bad, I don't use battlescribe so I read that as a single unit of 3 stealth suits, each with ATS and a shield gen.

>Vostroyan Sniper
I'm going to assume I get a flask of Amsec, or the 41st Millennium equivalent of Vodka.
I prefer whisky.

So in a fit of procrastination and autism, and after hearing about all the smite spam lists going around, I went around comparing how the various weak psykers and general smite spammers stack up. The criteria was, essentially, how cheap they are and how good of an investment of their time it is to spam smites. Basically all units with a weakened smite count here. I'm not expecting anyone to really give a shit but hey, it's done already.

So, the first category is just cheap Psyker characters. As a general rule, they can cast and deny one power, know Smite (with no drawbacks) and one from their respective discipline, and go for around 60 points. They may have an invulnerable save or some passable melee capabilities, and usually clock at 3-4 wounds. The ones that fit here are the Eldar Spiritseer (66pts, has a 4++), Ork Weirdboy (62pts, gets +1 to cast for every 10 nearby Orks), Primaris Psyker (a paltry 40pts with gear), Inquisitor (can be upgraded to be a Psyker, haven't found a listing for a price for this so I assume it's the same cost as the base Inquisitor, 55pts), Herald of Tzeentch (borderline case, as it knows two powers but can still only cast one, his price point of 78 puts him closer to the tier 2 psykers, has a 4++ and can buff it with the Mark) , and of course, the infamous Malefic Lord, paying an insignificant 30pts for a 4++ (with 4 wounds!), full Smite and a niche but hilarious ability to turn into a monster if surviving Perils.

Continued!

The dumbass panel line in front of the magazine was what bothered me the most.

The detailing on the core in the rumor engine pic is slightly different, mind. Wonder if it's just a new battlefield scatter set.

Whos your favorite 40k model user?

Are Leviathan Dreads as good as people want me to believe they are?

What do you give them? Grav-flux bombard? Storm cannon array? Do you keep them melee kitted?

Thank you for the sweet robot body, FW Archmagos. Your stocking with integrated mechadendrite port is on your Abeyant.

They can cover different weaknesses so it isn't a bad idea, nid detachment for big bugs, GSC for genestealers and IG for all your dakka

From a legality stand point, there's nothing wrong with that. Brood Brothers allows you to take the Militarum in a separate detachment while your Nids + Cults can go into a Tyranid detachment or into separate detachments if you like.

Battle Cannon or Executioner autocannon

B-Cannon.

In melee they are hella strong, hit and wound on 2s so if it gets rerolls it'll tear things apart, but no double fist bonus anymore so that's pointless, and only 4 attacks
shooting is better because it's cheaper and 20 storm cannon shots.

Just paint em on like i did

That's allowed. The Xenos 2 FAQ specifically clarifies this.

Bray'arth Ashmantle probably had one of his brothers forge me a cool knife or hatchet or something I could take camping.
Or a master-crafted Astartes Scout multi-tool.

Would be neat.

>Executioner autocannon
Sounds like an Autocannon and Plasma Cannon hybrid. Battle Cannon unless you can re-roll 1s for supercharged and/or if you take plasma sponsons to match.

Thats from Macragge, what are they planning?

BEHOLD user, I BROUGHT YOU A GIFT FOR EMPERORSDAY!

Regarding Brood Brothers, since they are seperate detatchments, are they allowed to use regiment (and eventual Tyranid Brood) tactics?

learn your codex so that you know what you have, then ask again

Blessings from the emperor curtosy of the chaplain

Out of these, the clear winner is the Malefic Lord, providing you with better damage per point than just about anything else in the game, especially as you go against tougher targets (like, say, a Titan or two). However, reportedly a nerf is incoming, so wait a bit before buying a platoon's worth of these. On the number two spot, Primaris Psykers give you very good bang for your buck, and are probably the next best choice if you wanna drown your enemy in mortal wounds and think Death Guard is icky. They can even dole it out in melee, but they can't take it, so be careful on how you use them. Then again, 40 points, so who cares?

Of the rest, the Inquisitor you will probably take for its other abilities and wargear options, as they're too expensive to run as pure Smite spammers. Spiritseers can use their nifty double-effect Runes of Battle powers and they provide a +1 to hit to units firing at nearby enemies, but do you really want them surrounded by enemies with their frail Eldar constitution? My favorite off the bunch is definitely the Weirdboy, just stick him next to your Boy mob and have fun with your 50% chance at d6 MWs (and getting Perils on a 9+, but he can always survive one Perils at full wounds, so go nuts). Then again, you probably want him casting Da Jump or Warpath on your choppy units. As a purely armchair analysis, the Herald of Tzeentch seems quite meh, being too expensive for just being able to cast one power a turn. Tzeentch armies probably have better casters, anyway. (Hint hint).

Continued again!

Remember how those dumb faggots tried to make a list and lore general like a week or two ago because they got super assmad over shitposting?

No. This is according to the codex writer on the AM Codex livestream on WarhammerTV. He said there will be a FAQ soon addressing how GSC will be able to borrow from the codex, but he explicitly said doctrines would not be allowed.

I'd go for some square dudes and maybe a couple really big dudes.

Thank you for the anwsers.
Well, time for me to prep a Deathstrike doomsday weapon, while my cultists are twirling their mustaches and my hormagaunts are running everywhere under a flyrant, I guess.

To add, he kinda implied that Brood Brothers will get their own special regimental doctrine, but that would be part of the GSC codex.

Okay, I figured that was the case. I wonder if they'll be able to use basic stratagems for either army.

They can. As per the recent Death Guard FAQ as long as you have a detachment entirely of a faction you can use any of that faction's generic Stratagems on any eligible units in your army.

So how cancerous am I now if I run tank heavy like I would during 7th taking Emperor's Fist and Wrath formations?

>using the GW plastic version

Depends on the variants.
Even with doubleshots the Battle Cannon gets 7 shots. 3.5 hits. ~3 Wounds ~ 2 Dead Marines.

Tho a 40 shot Punisher Pask or 40 shot 30" punisher might start getting silly.

it would certainly be strong but what with plasma/melta spam being common, past turn 2 your firepower is going to drop significantly

Next category is what I'd call infantry Psykers, being units that are taken in groups and can often get a bonus to their psychic prowess when in a mob. Almost all of them have a weakened form of Smite one way or another (most commonly dealing 1/d3 MWs instead of d3/d6), but it's often still a good deal -- ignoring hit, wound and save rolls is just that good.

These include:
Eldar Warlocks: mini smite with 9" range and 1W, 30ppm (compare them with MLs...), can be taken in groups going up to level 2 psyker at 4-6 in a unit and level 3 at 7+, with a stronger but still low range smite.
Tyranid Zoanthropes: full smite and cast at 40ppm, but you need to take at least 3, although they get double smite and level 2 in units of 4+, have a juicy 3++ and heal on smites with a free Neurothrope.

Wyrdvane psykers: Dirt cheap at 8ppm, but they cast on d6 (that's 1/3 chance of smite). However, on units of 3 they get +1 and of 6+ they get +2, so it's still an economical choice.

Horrors: ran wild in competitive lists until they got nerfed, and at 30 points for 10 Brimstone horrors it's not hard to see why. Cast on d6 and their smite only deals 1W if the unit has anything less than 10 pink horrors (running 8ppm), and to top it all off, if you cast from a brimstone it dies in the attempt. Still, pretty cheap bubblewrap and they have that nice 4++ -- consider them as conscripts that can smite.

Aspiring and Scarab sorcerer: upgrades for Rubric and Scarab Terminators. Uncharacteristically, they cost extra, which makes them pretty taxing on small units that just want to shoot, and their smite is 1/3w too. at 45 and 67 ppm with standard equipment, they're likely not worth it.

Astropath: in between the two categories, as it has mini smite (d6 cast) but is a singular character. It can remove cover from an enemy unit and comes at 18ppm, but still, d6 cast is eugh.

I'd go with Zoans, or spam Horrors to be a cunt.

WAACancer

IG leaks when

about as cancerous as anyone who things this generals opinion is worth two shits

release day

Starting up a Dark Eldar army. I've been looking around for idea for my starter army and I've noticed something. Everyone always suggest blasters for basically everything. Are they that good or just versatile enough for an all comers list that it's just a good recommendation?

A carnifex gives me a bear hug.
Hopefully I live

Who needed an FAQ for that? Pete Foley said that on stream at the 8th release when he talked about detachments...

Amsec is described in many novels as being either Scotch or Bourbon

>Aspiring and Scarab sorcerer
>they're likely not worth it.
They aren't
It hurts

And final special category goes to Grey Knights, being an army of psykers. They merit special mention because their Rites of Banishment special rule makes their Smite universally deal 1W, 3 against daemons, as well as come with a reduced range of 12". This means that the sheer psychic offense of top-tier psykers like Grandmaster Voldus is outdone by a green retard screaming because it's got lightning in his brain, which is fucking hilarious. Mind you, the ability to spam MWs from almost every last unit is still strong, you have Purge Soul at the same warp charge if you wanna try your luck, and the army gets universal +1 to cast if battle-forged. Additionally, several characters have unique variations on smite, which are worth a look.

Crowe's Smite only has 3" range, so practically melee, but always deals d6 wounds. Perfect for softening up characters for duels.
Stern's has a 6" range and the same damage caveats, but when cast it deals 1MW to every daemon unit nearby. Niche, but fluffy and good against chaos MSU.
Brother captains buff nearby GK's smite range by 6", up to the original 12". Since Stern is one, this means his is back to the GK standard 12". Psyke!

Okay I'm done. Do with this likely useless information what you will. Preferably, go and build an army of nothing but Zoanthropes, it will probably suck but I wanna see that shit.

It's a "Yes the rules say what they say" kinda FAQ answer. I point it out because it's easy for anyone to verify themselves.

Aspiring got dropped to 18 in the CSM dex...hopefully the Sekhmet one will get the same treatment.....or become a better psyker.

When compared to the shredder they are just that good. Blasters and dark lances for days user. Fuck pretty much anything else.

Codex IG ended up being very entertaining. The salt is through the roof.
Can't wait to see what nids brings

almost all of it has been leaked anyway save for a couple of stratagems and relics, plus the final column of the points cost

mfw the one thing i wanted to see was the new price of taurox prime main weapons but thats the only illegible part of the leaks and videos