Why is this 2$ bulk rare suddenly 16$? From what I've gathered...

Why is this 2$ bulk rare suddenly 16$? From what I've gathered, it was featured in a deck that placed 8th in a SCG tournament. Are mtg players really that hysteric?

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/dragons-of-tarkir/collected-company
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this isn't the thing for sealed... buuuuttt...
>I will take your biggest threat and if you cannot blow up HT I will play it.
It is a huge turnaround, whether it holds that price however is the big thing.

Are you retarded? The deck that won had a playset which put in work against every deck he faced in the top 8. On top of that there was another copy of the deck in the top 8 also running a set. The card is really good.

It's literally "3 for 1", if costly.

>Ordered some for a fun pirates brew
>Now they've tripled in price
Neat. Now we just wait for the Scarab God ban.

No. People willing to pay 16$ for a rare (not even a mythic) of a current set is retarded, especially after a single tournament.

Does every fucking merd really NEED IT RIGHT NOW, so SCG and others online shops can justify their jewish practices.

>game day is almost here
>2 4-ofs in top 8 decklists
>only been getting opened for a week, only shops who opened shittons of sealed have them
>also sits in with scarab god pretty nicely
itll drop in a couple weeks. just wait it out

It's a classic 2-for-1. Flametongue Kavu or Shriekmaw.

The floor is a bit lowered because they can get it back; however, the ceiling is raised because it could possibly be a straight up 3-for-1 by casting the thing you exile.

They printed FTK at Rare. That's all you need to know.

Yes, every nerd playing Standard "needs" it right now. Will they need it to play with? No, they don't need it right now to play with.

They need it because the price train on this thing often leaves the fucking station and doesn't come back. And anybody with a fucking brain knows that the ONLY time this shit is going to be available at the price it's at is now. One day within the next two years, they might need this thing and it's better paying $15 for it now than run the risk this thing straight up isn't available from anybody regardless what the price is.

Is it fucking disgusting? You bet it is. But the people buying cards to play with know exactly how this shit works. The process hasn't changed for the past decade. If you have any intention of playing remotely good Magic, you need to get your shit no matter if it's $2 or $15 because once it goes up, it doesn't come down ever.

Even today, Smuggler's Copter is somewhere around ~$3. Nobody is using it, but it does illustrate why demand is not the sole driver in prices; a huge amount of it is precautionary purchasing.

I bet it's card speculators
Fuck them, I wanted to buy a playset when it was still $6...sold out. Okay, ixalan hasn't released yet it makes sense there is limited stock.
So I try to buy a playset after Ixalan officially releases, suddenly it's $11...still sold out
So fuck it, I'm not going to start playing standard like I planned to. I'll stay playing limited exclusively.
And I see it's now $16? Holy fucking shit, glad I stick to limited.

It's fucking cardboard you retarded jews, and it's not even a mythic. Speculators can go fuck themselves. And then they wonder why standard is dying.

Same here. I wanted to make some goofy UB pirate/favorable winds deck with this as a 2-off and the spike fully killed my enthusiasm.

>2 for 1
user, read the damn card.

You get a 2/3 and they lose an artifact or creature. That's a 2-for-1, just like Shriekmaw. You cast their card, and it's a 3-for-1. They shoot your Hostage Taker and 1-for-1 and some mana on your part.

I don't know what definition of 2-for-1 you have but I'm 100% sure my interpretation is solid.

Except TNN was instantly identified as a monster card.

Scooter is $3 because R/W/Boros EDH decks need card advantage

>They printed FTK at Rare
Flametongue Kavu is an uncommon, you mongoloid.

Because everyone saw the true value of having an obese black female pirate.

Why even play paper Standard when Arena is gonna be Standard without the subhuman odors and f2p?

>$2
>bulk rare

Bulk rares are 80 cents a playset.

It's really good, but people are always over reactive when it comes to post-rotation standards.

>not hostage taking their hostage taker

So was this, they had to immediately clarify that it doesn't infinite with itself.

A bulk rare is any rare that retails for USD $1 or less. Stores will generally either not buy bulk rares at all or buy them for a very low amount of money, usually $0.10 a piece.

t. guy who works at a magic store

It's not even speculators. It's just a bunch of standard players suddenly wanting the new hotness all at once. It happens every time something slips under the radar. There's plenty of things to blame speculators for, but this is pure supply and demand.

Copter is run in commander and a bit in modern/other formats. Ixalan is going to be in unlimited print for the next two years. So if you need it in 2 years for commander or modern it'll be a few dollars. Good example here is Thought-Knot Seer.

>tfw know all of this but can never be assed to preorder things or sell them at opportune times
Mostly because I forget. I have like 5 cocos that I don't know what to do with because I somehow forgot about them.

Coco is still 10-13 buckeroonies

shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/dragons-of-tarkir/collected-company