Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

I2 melee race edition.

Last >Warhammer Community news(New FAQs for Codex: Death Guard, Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus and more)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/01/new-faqs-for-codex-death-guard-codex-adeptus-mechanicus-and-moregw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B-aXA8fc5AQ8fmpVUEtsb1IxcDM5M2pBZjVGcFM5MTlWejVqVkt4VXZzX3E1YWQ0OER5Vnc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for the dark eldar

I've had somewhat of a hiatus from playing 40K, since 7E was such a mess and my group scattered due to moving after studies and some stupid drama that tore up my ttrpg group too, so I haven't really gotten around 8E.
What are the ups and downs, now that the codices are dropping like steel rain?
I have Blood Angels, Guard and Sisters, how fucked am I?

>I2 melee race edition.
On one hand, I is no longer a thing, but on the other
>M5 melee race edition

my dudes > your dudes

No school like the old school.

>Blood Angels
Meh. Weakish. Could improve a lot with a codex though.
>Sisters
Surprisingly good. Not OP, but competitive vs. everybody.
>Guard
Toppest tier

Sisters and IG are surprisingly powerful, with IG in the running for top dog.
BAs are good, not busted, but solid, like all SM armies right now.

My dudes are Emperor's Children so that's physically impossible.
You can't be better than perfection.

#
In all seriousness though, I'm bringing that against Maggie and Morty lists that bring a fair amount of Psykers respectively. There's a Space Yiff player and a Tallarn IG player.

Using a Scions detachment since we don't have the book yet to port over the new book.

Using my Thallax as Bullgryn.

Guard's fine.

Looks like infantry blobs are king this edition, alongside morale damage mitigation.

Movement and positioning is key, melee is powerful when done right for control and damage, and so ce evweything can damage everything else, quantity is almost always better than quality.

Plasma is great, devastating when paired with +1 to hit/rerolling 1's buffs.

True that! I have several of those models in my Guard force. From them, I can pick out the Medic, Tpr Jones with Ork Head, Tpr Caidan (Cadian?), and Tpr Mosley

Its called Super Perfect newb

How does this look for a 1000pt Deldar list?
The wracks get the venom, the archon goes with the squad of 9 kabalites and the haemonculus goes with the grots. I have spare points. Should I give a grot a venomblade or something?
Also kabalites always get the option to take a blaster right? Battlescribe seems to think that they only get that option with unit sizes of ten or more.

>those digits
>double number of Slaanesh
Impossible!
who are your dudes?

Played my first game of 40k in years tonight.

I though this edition had every unit viable and less cheese?

I had whole units being removed constantly and was tabled turn 5 (though only barely hung on with a Russ, Patriarch and Magus from turn 3)

Marine stuff seems super cheap and powerful. Whirlwinds/Thunderfires being able to shit tons of dice that deal tons of damage without LoS and characters being cheap and powerful. Also chapter tactics.

Where am I going wrong?

Well, that's a relief to hear. I guess Sisters and Guard will still be the way to go instead of bloodboys. I kinda miss 5E, when I started.
Too bad my only viable opponent is a brony landwhale, so I have my doubts if I'm getting any proper 8E matches under my belt. Two other potential players didn't really dig the rules changes. Maybe I'll just go get a demo match at either of the lgs.
Pondering on making in-house edition to get the other guys back into the game.

The IX Legion wishes to have a word with you.

Rules question:

I have a Valkyrie. I want to transport a Tempestor Prime with his Command Squad and a 5 man squad of Scions with it.

Does it count as 1 drop when deploying or 4?

Your Primarchs dead.
Mine is a Daemon.
Checkmate.

>I had whole units being removed constantly
Units get taken out in this edition when they are attacked, user, it's not cheese that you can actually hurt your opponent.

how are most kitting out there sister squads? Big squads of 10-15 or lots of small squads?

>How does this look for a 1000pt Deldar list?
It's... Fine. I'm personally not a Covens fan, but meh. I don't know if you can spare the points for the blasters, but you'd be better off with 4 groups of 5 kabalites with a blaster than 2 groups of 10. If you want 2 groups of 10, I suggest trying to fit a dark lance in each squad. Consider trueborn in the future, too.

>Also kabalites always get the option to take a blaster right? Battlescribe seems to think that they only get that option with unit sizes of ten or more.
Kabalites get a blaster/shredder at 5 and a lance/cannon at 10. They might get more at higher numbers, but why would you?

>female models
REEEEEE LE SJW PANDERING REEEE

I am not even sure I want to mess with markerlights, how fucked am I if I take none?

Oh no not again lol

So I went wrong by not firing first? Got it.

>though only barely hung on with a Russ, Patriarch and Magus from turn 3
You're playing GSC yeah? They are super squishy. You kinda need a strong alpha strike to make them work. I'd suggest pickin up some regular nid to help bulk your front lines.

>Female Bush

True, Sanguinius lays inert on Baal.

For now.

Just look what happened to Guilliman, who Fulgrim supposedly killed during the Heresy.

Which one of the megas has all of the first edition books? I mean Rogue Trader, Realm of Chaos, Waaargh Orks and all of those order catalogs.

Do we even have them in the pasta?

That one faggot a few days ago was fun/weird by insisting that new guard models that might include female torsos/heads would be badwrong because some girl asked for it on facebook.

>who Fulgrim supposedly killed

Fatally wounded, he was never dead, just put in stasis before the poison could kill him.

This link should sort you out.

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

Shit fair point.
Not my fault GW can't keep a character dead.
Just wait for a Soul Shard of Horus to possess a clone created by Fabulous Bill.
In any event, my primarch > your primarch.

Don't be a fag

Depends. The bonus you'll realistically be getting the most, reroll 1s, is available in a variety of other ways (Ethereal buff, Multitracker, Farsight aura, Shadowsun's drone), but it's harder and you have to plan specifically for it. Getting the +1 to hit with 5 MLs is awesome but very hard to actually do. If you're running a lot of infantry you'll really need them, if you're running heavy suit spam you may get away without them. I'd recommend trying for them, either way.

Yeah, that was a pretty cringe-tastic freakout. Very funny.

Honestly, I'm fine if we dont get female IG, but I wouldn't be against it. Like others have said, there's plenty of companies that make heroic-scale female heads you can buy very cheaply. I think there was also one site where you could even get Cadian-looking female torsos.

But what we really need are some new freaking SoB models, not just plastics, but totally redone and everything.

Much thanks, dude!

Small squads in Immolators or Repressors are still most common. But big foot squads are pretty good too. Also Heavy Bolter Rets are very good and it's a good idea to have one or two squads of them to use your early turn acts of faith on.

No, you went wrong by assuming durability that had existed before, but has been taken out of the game, by and large.
You don't assault to end up locked in combat to avoid a round of shooting, you do it to wipe out the unit you are charging.
When you shoot a unit, you are trying to take it out, not soften it up, unless you plan to wipe it with a charge. Getting angles and being aggressive is very much rewarded, not kiting the field and trying to set up the optimal situation.

>posts a catgirl sob
>thinks he's allowed an opinion on cringe

dude you just linked him a thing about squigs wtf lol

Agreed, wouldn't mind throwing in female heads onto sprues for cadians (and any other non full head covered regiments) in future plastic kits. Since women do look the same as men when in flak jackets as men when all suited up. And I can vouch for third party companies, good stuff out there.

I still want to do my SoB army but, the price for those metal mini's just hurts so much. We need new mini's, that's why they aren't collected.

Better than those sweet transvestites from transexual transylvania that we have now.

>I don't know if you can spare the points for the blasters
I could probably rearrange shit. These are just the models I got on the cheap from my brother.
>4 groups of 5 kabalites
Can I put two groups of 5 in a raider?Still new so sorry for the dumb question
>not a Covens fan
You just don't like the models or something gameplay wise?

I don't really care about Guard in the first place, but for Cadians it would really just be a headswap. I think Victoria already has those options, if someone really wants them. To be fair though, I think almost every headswap is better than the retard heads that come stock.

A question about admech stuffs.

Are arc rifles a good option to take? Plas-cal are great and all but they're expensive.

My bad, the recent resurrection fluff must have mixed it up in my head - didn't kill Guilliman.

Mr.Nostriltubing can come back for all I care as long as I get back Emperor's precious hawkboy.
My primarch > your primarch
As always.

+1 for plastic Sisters. If ever...

They can be. They are better at wounding t3-6 models than stock carbine, but have less shots. So in games against resilient armies, i.e. DG, they can be very useful, but I wouldn't auto take them

Your Primarch = Dead as hell
My Primarch = Glorious Daemon Lord with 6 arms and a snake tail lower half.

>Can I put two groups of 5 in a raider?
Yes. Because of this, I think it is actually better to load up 2 5 man trueborn squads into a raider with 4 blasters each.

>You just don't like the models or something gameplay wise?
Not that user but I do like the covens and hope they get some new units (unlikely) to increase their range and contribution to the Dark Eldar cause. Right now they only have small melee dude, large melee dude, huge melee dude and a neat support unit for the melee dudes.

Are you counting the wings as arms ... you would be somewhat correct since they are bat-like wings, but ...

I was thinking of running this, it comes out at 1990ish points and is more elite I guess

Vanguard
Longstrike,Rail,SMS
Heavy Bombardhead, HYMP, SMS x2
6 drones, (5gun/1shield) x2 + Devilfish transport
5 Stealth suits + ATS + shield drone x3
2 Ghostkeel, collidor/blasters + target lock/shield generator

>I could probably rearrange shit. These are just the models I got on the cheap from my brother.
Fair enough. I mentioned this in another thread, but I like putting a squad of 5 kabalites with a blaster, and a squad of trueborn with 2 blasters and 2 lances into one raider. The range on the lances is really nice, and so is the d6 damage.

>Can I put two groups of 5 in a raider?Still new so sorry for the dumb question
Yup. Vehicles just have a capacity. Hell, if you had 10 squads that were down to just one dude left each, they could all hop in the same raider. It's a good way to maximize space.

>You just don't like the models or something gameplay wise?
Bit of both. I'm actually heavy into the wych cults over the Covens, and there's a lot of overlap.

>oldschool guard had more female models than todays

Bets on Codex 9 and 10?
Definitely a flavour of power armour in it so maybe TS and something else

Are there any Kult of Speed builds for Orks that are tourney-viable or is it all just green tide?

So I'm starting up an Inquisitorial Retinue with Grey Knights, Scions, and what else? Can I use Crusaders in a separate detachment, or could I use them in my Scion Detachment? What else would be fluffy?

Tau, Blood Angels, why BA? Because the Ward is in the house.

cant the trueborn leader equip a blaster as well for 5 total?

Tau are getting models so next year maybe

Any criticism on this list?

Nope. He can get a phantasm grenade launcher and a blast pistol but that is about it

>ftw just bought 3kpts worth of tau in the last year, no big suits either

Ward is not working at fucking GW. He left. Again.

proofs

Source?

So can an Excess of love and Hand-Holding turn one to slaanesh?

Also are noise marines good on table top?

Shit he said on Facebook and the fact that he took GW off his Twitter again.

Good.

Not the dude, but you can put two 5 mans in a raider, yes. Also, covens just aren't as powerful this edition. The changes to how toughness works, and the loss of re-rolling poison weapons if you would normally wound higher hurt covens this edition. Grotesques are no longer blenders.

Trukks are overcosted. Warbuggies too, but they’re surprisingly good in Assault and can come on from a board edge - combined with Kommandos and a Da Jump mob is a tasty Alpha Strike. Been flirting with Deffrolla + Ardcase Battlewagons just fucking shit up in CC, it works alright.

When will there be custodes rules for all of their FW stuff in 8th?

I really want to use the Telemon Heavy Dreadnought, and their sexy contemptors, and probably a few squads of Custodes and vehicles, but I want to do so with 8th edition rules.

Do you know when there will be 8th rules for Custodes FW stuff?

What ordo are you going for? GK would indicate Malleus. Small SM detachment of Exorcists might work. Assassins? Talons?

Also running Biker Nobz with Power Stabbas/Big Choppas, good distraction alongside the Battlewagons.

Yup. Malleus. Going to run at least one Squad of Paladins but I haven't decided what else. I'll likely just use Voldus as my counts-as inquisitor, since the actual INQ rules really garbage. Not sure what else to throw in to make it fluffier.

They haven't said shit. If it ever comes (and it might not even be planned) it will likely be years.

You need flyer transports. Valkyries and Vendettas, Blackstars and Stormravans, that kind of thing. This way your elite Inquisitorial Retinue can sweep onto the scene and rapple/hot drop onto the battlefield while under the cover of heavy gunships.

Don't take dedicated gunships, though. All your vehicles need to be able to both fly and carry troops to really hammer in that high-mobility strike force; As if your entire army deploys from the aircraft, hits the target like a tsunami with an overhead typhoon, then packs up in the transports and flies off before anyone can retaliate.

Remember that since you are using Grey Knights anyone other than them and the inquisitor is going to get mind wiped after the campaing.

Year 2050 maybe, considering how FW seems to work.

Fag who started out in sixth Ed(Assault on Black Reach). Has anyone here actually played 1st edition? How is it. I may run a game with a few buddies for shits and giggles, just to see what it was like back in the day.

Where did all the Eldar player go?

Why are there so many guardfags now??

could do

>GK detachment with Voldus
>Stormtrooper detachment with Crusaders+Priest (they can take them without losing stormtrooper doctrines)
>Exorcists detachment, maybe with piles of Scouts since they have a lot, or one of their Orison cults (i.e. all Devastators, all Terminators/vets, Librarians, etc)

Both of you are morons. Guillman coming back has been hinted at since Codex ultramarines in second fucking edition and has been hinted at in every marine codex since then, only retards would claim that his return is some how some indication that lore has been changed to allow people once thought super dead to come back.

Also, EC are shit.

But they look so cool- they have to have rules. Should I write a letter to FW asking them to put out tentative rules or something?

Yeah but last I checked the leaks, Valkyries aren't in the Stormtrooper 'allowed units'. That was my idea for the army back in 7th, though. I can deal with Tauroxes.

Oh yeah, this is the Inquisitor's private army. I'm pretty sure they're basically guns with legs at this point.

Eh, I'm not fond of the look of basic marines but the idea of putting Snipers in the list is appealing at the very least. Can scouts still Infiltrate? That'd be a neat addition if I can see how to work it into an detachment.

>same primarch kill count as an autistic banana
>perfect

No reasonable person would give you shit for taking stormtroopers in valkyries. As for Exorcists: it could be really cool to convert PAGK with normal marine heavy weapons, etc. I don't know if Scouts can still infiltrate, but I think they can. Even if not, snipers are worth taking.

>[Sad in binary]
Forgeworld is notoriously slow putting out rules for their stuff. Dunno what Rountree promised them to get them to write at least the rules for their 40k stuff in a timely manner.

Has anyone got the rules for Battlefleet Gothic?
My Google-fu is not strong enough

Anyone have the IG point changes yet?

WAAC, my friend.

Daemon Primarchs have also been around since day 1 and yet only now are they showing up in the tabletop and doing things in the story.

drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B-aXA8fc5AQ8fmpVUEtsb1IxcDM5M2pBZjVGcFM5MTlWejVqVkt4VXZzX3E1YWQ0OER5Vnc

Exorcists also open up Primaris, if those tickle your fancy.

There's also the Red Hunters, which are a more generic Inquisition chapter.

Am I seeing this correctly or is the Tech-Priest Enginseer is 10 points cheaper in the IG codex?

I would gate to get rules lawyered off the table because of that though. Ehhhh I would rather stay away from marines. I wonder if IG can take Snipers. Ratings counts-as maybe.

Hopefully, grotesques get a buff when the codex rolls around. They aren't to far off from what they need to be.

Right now mine have been useful as counts as clawed fiends