Fallout Wasteland Warfare

Why aren't you going all in and spending the full $930 on this Veeky Forums? You save 8%!

Other urls found in this thread:

modiphius.net/collections/fallout-wasteland-warfare?page=1
modiphius.net/collections/fallout-wasteland-warfare/products/fallout-wasteland-warfare-robots-sentry-bot
modiphius.net/collections/fallout-wasteland-warfare/products/fallout-wasteland-warfare-robots-assaultrons
modiphius.net/collections/fallout-wasteland-warfare/products/fallout-wasteland-warfare-robots-protectron-and-eyebot
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whoops, forgot link

modiphius.net/collections/fallout-wasteland-warfare?page=1

>wasteland warfare
>based on worst fallout

So, I am of two thoughts about this practice of Modiphius's.

On the one hand, $930 is a fucking lot to spend on a new game and it's a little presumptuous of them to offer it. On the other hand, people *will* drop that kinda dosh on new games and offering the package doesn't actually hurt Modiphius any and could make them a big pile of money.

I guess the tl;dr here is that, while I wouldn't spend the money personally, I can't fault them for offering it.

They just could have offered up more incentive to go all in than saving a paltry sum.

Let's be honest, when this hits the market, you'll get it online for 25% off at least.

It's a popular video game IP, but as a tabletop wargame? There's no guarantee that it will go anywhere.

Supposedly everything but the starter is resin, so prices SHOULD lower once they start releasing things in PVC

Models are one piece PVC (as mentioned earlier, most are resin, but that will most likely change). This makes me think of the other side by wyrd. Monopose low quality minis at a premium. Even their diehard malifaux fans were wondering wtf was up with their pricing scheme on that one, and it showed with their kickstarter results.

>no anorexic pistolero
>no jolly bulldozer
>no babushka Elder
wouldn't buy just for models

Might get some of the models if the prices go down.

>the prices
Jesus christ no. It's just like all the other Fallout merchandise too expensive.

Until I see the rules it not worth investing.

TNT is already fucking top tier.

Go away, Todd.

>the full $930
Nani?

>big ip
>really popular
Would it have killed them to make plastic kits.

Don't worry. The DL- Er, expansions are only $450. And the mo- Er, small expansions only $100
Buy it

Plastic kits require big investment up-front (for casting molds) that will only pay back if certain number (thousands or tens of thousands depending on pricing) of the models are sold.
Resin will pay back even within hundreds.
I guess they don't expect this will go that big.

I think it is more that they're hedging their bets. Once you have the people into it, you can switch to molds later on. Until it becomes a thing though, resin makes more financial sense.

This issue only applies to new ips. fallout is an established popular ip. They may be throwing away money for not going with plastic.
Especially considering the Fallout fanbase is ridiculousy huge nowadays.

Ridiculously huge, and more importantly, ten times as stupid

I keep wondering why Fallout is big now. I mean, the last game was New Vegas, and that shit was years ago. Hasn't been a game since then, don't know why it got popular again.

>can't crucify my enemies facing west
0/10 would not fund

Or you could get a better game for just $60.

Alternately, you could get the fallout game, for FREE
Just go around some local businesses and look in the big metal container with the slanted opening top round back

Yeah, it certainly is odd.

Because its split between 3 or 4 groups.
You have the hardcore fans
You have the casual fans
You have the new normie, postapoc punk cosplayer hordes who are the new bulk of Fallout fans. They are an absolutely gigantic market.

Finally You have the cretinous nma tier wack jobs who should kys asap.

Vey funny. Leaving out F4 that is the answer to your question. F4 made Fallout very popular.

>Vey (sic) funny.
I thought so.

Fallout 4's main audience is roughly the same group of people who still watch Minecraft Let's Plays, to be fair. The game left horrendously little impact.

Honestly, I get the cynical responses. But fuck me if I don't love me some Fallout Robots. Even if this game flops, my Admech army will be getting some love
modiphius.net/collections/fallout-wasteland-warfare/products/fallout-wasteland-warfare-robots-sentry-bot
modiphius.net/collections/fallout-wasteland-warfare/products/fallout-wasteland-warfare-robots-assaultrons
modiphius.net/collections/fallout-wasteland-warfare/products/fallout-wasteland-warfare-robots-protectron-and-eyebot

I have no love for Bethesda's designs. Fo3 had Adamowicz to keep it together, but Fo4 is a pastichey, gaudy vomit pile.

I get what you mean, user. I'd love to just be able to get a hold of one or two Protectrons. I'm not sure what I'd do with them, but it'd be...something.

Yeah, i can definitely understand wanting to get some models. More than likely that's the entire point. I love wargaming as much as the next guy but nothing about fallout makes me the least bit interested in building up a warband set in the universe. On the other hand one of my buddies in our weekly fallout rpg group does want a mini for his super mutant, so there is certainly a market for the minis...

The robot designs are particularly cool.

It's the best possible minis for TnT though. And since the TnT ruleset is awesome, it's a win-win for all of us.

Just because a franchise is popular doesn't guarantee it will be successful as a miniatures game. How many people play Halo Fleet Battles at your LGS?

>No NCR/Legion

No buy.

They might come later.

Call me when we get New Vegas models. It is a promising start though. I like that they actually cared enough to make terrain for it.

isnt another company making fallout-inspired minatures that look good

Brother Vinny has decent totally not Fallout miniatures.

So what does the Fallout IP actually bring to this game. Gameplay wise it looks like it's going to be another cheap skirmish game with no model customization and just cards that you throw down.

I don't understand the point.

>I guess they don't expect this will go that big.
With this price they've just burst the bubble of interest, since most people just got cold-feet about it

The point is very simple. They've decided to use the burst of FO popularity to push for a tie-in game. You know, the laziest tie-in imaginable, where you just don't bother really with quality of the product, put sell it at large price.
Turns out this time the price is just absurd, even for a sleazy cash-grab

I'd rather just grab some minis that fit the theme and use Battle Systems Urban Apocalypse terrain and make my own games up.

It's called "Marketing campaign worth 80 million dollars".
It's that simple. And like pointed out by , it left extremely hollow effect, since the people who were brough to it, dropped the game within few weeks/months, while the rest of the pre-existing fandom dropped it even faster. Zero impact in the end.
In the end the issue with this particular resin-modelled game is simple: they've already missed their spot. They've should made this roughtly 15 months ago, so the final "product" would hit stores somewhere right after the game premiere. It would sold the entire stock within a month, even at this ridiculous price.
Now they are just fucked.

Of all the awesome set ups for a Fallout tabletop game, that boxart is the dumbest and ugliest. Huge power armor dude? Let's give him a dinky pistol! Threatening mutants? Naw, just make them look confused and vaguely irritated. Should we be fighting in a pitched battle? No, just put like, eight characters on there and call it a day. Should we be defending some vital objective or struggling for some great technological treasure? Fuck no, let's just piss around IN FRONT OF A GODDAMN GAS STATION!

Man alive, they could've just used that one piece of official art where the Brotherhood dude's got the minigun, the Minuteman's got his laser musket, and I WAS FROZEN TODAY is popping off with his pistol into the distance. It would've been less effort and it would've looked way better.

>In the end the issue with this particular resin-modelled game is simple: they've already missed their spot. They've should made this roughtly 15 months ago, so the final "product" would hit stores somewhere right after the game premiere. It would sold the entire stock within a month, even at this ridiculous price.

Timing is everything.

>$930
They didn't get the memo it's about half a year too late to profit on F4 craze or something?

Do you nma shitposters realise fallout 4 is still popular? Of course not too busy circlejerking.

>fallout 4 is still popular
>worst entry in the entire series
>mods have gotten repeatedly fucked over
>Bethesda shitting the bed with the community
>banking on VR being a breakout success but are potentially alienating half of possible users by specifically disabling oculus support
>even valve is pressuring Bethesda to chill on their horseshit
Sure, it's popular. Just like Michael Jackson and O J Simpson.

You're just an nma fag. Not even going to bother with you.

What's an NMA? I'm not even the same fag you were arguing with. Fallout 4 is just shit, that's all there is to it.

I too want to know, what is NMA?

I think 4 is better than 3.

No Mutants Allowed

It's a site of Fallout fans who have a reputation for hating Bethesda or some such. Really, they probably fit in at /v/.

Bunch of fags from a F1 fan site that have evolved into pure cancer. More like a cult and obsessed with hating anyone that touches the setting.
They have been going at it for a couple of decades.

The /v/ threads are most likely them. They pop up in any fallout thread and just drone on.

Want to buy some but $43 aus for 4 guys? It's gotta have some good rules or something.

I'm also disappointed that there are no raider models.

Some of the stuff is ok deals like the faction sets. The deathclaw seems like a really good deal on its own.

>no gunners
>no raiders
I'll pass

So no model customization at all? Than what's the point?

You could use the brotherhood members in heavy combat armour for gunners if you wanted. Though they don't have that gunner vibe of course.

no mutants allowed.
its a forum that is useful for hosting actualy good stuff, but it has awful forums.

how tall is that sentry bot going to be?

>mods have gotten repeatedly fucked over
Uh?
I thought "there are mods that make it better!!!!1!" was the main answer when people complain about f4.

>No Enclave
>No Desert Rangers
>No Ghoul only faction
There is absolutely no one I want to play in this game.

I'm super excited, but /fog/ and /v/ were both cynical when I asked if they were excited.

People at my store are hype too so hopefully it catches on.

fallout3はterminator4の変形版、ロボットはハーベスターで抵抗軍に鹵獲されハンターキラーやタンクなどと戦う予定だっただが予算や会議でトランスフォーマーより人気が無いなどで商品化されたが改良されずに見送られた

They look pretty but why does the Brotherhood starter have Lancers ? And Knights without PA ?

>muh kitbash
Learn to customize models yourself, kiddo.

>the power armor is actually fucking clipping with itself

really?

It helps if the source material is good.

>You're just a (troll)/(whatever)ist. Not even going to bother with you
T. TUMBLR

Pretty authentic right?

>"Son, why does it cost over $900 on a game of pretend and plastic toys?"

Might get some robots for my Ad Mech army if the level of detail is any good.

I had to google what nma even is. Apparently it also means "everyone who doesn't share my opinion", aside some Fallout fanpage

are there t51 models?
if not, doa

>no generic dogs
>no mongrels/ghoul dogs
Excuse me

I hoe it does too since games workshop will cease being the go to company for "extremely overcosted minis"

>skyrim dragon deathclaws

I would kill for a good Tactics inspired game. I've been working on something Chicago wasteland based for a while now. Honestly, fuck Fallout 4, Todd Howard, and the rest of the god-damn Bethesda hacks.

Oh sweet, I just have to wait a few weeks and I can get some awesome miniatures from China for $2 each!

>Not sold in a Vaultec Lunchbox
Dropped.

Don't know about the game, but I definitively like the terrain.

>modiphius.net/collections/fallout-wasteland-warfare/products/fallout-wasteland-warfare-robots-protectron-and-eyebot

Kinda wish they had a "glass" top, but still pretty neat.

>Everyone going full autismo over the 900+ tag
>Forgetting that is literally the whale buy-in that has every wave 1 model
>Not realizing the 2 player starter is a fraction of that

But no, this is Veeky Forums of course we'll bitch about minor details

>he thinks he's going to get that

I'll admit my painting skills are shit, but that doesn't make the model less cool.

No, I'm saying the model will not look that good ever

even the new bots in NV looked good.

they have less detail than, and are at a worse scale than the brother vinni minis.

Why do you say that? Does the company have a record for putting out substandard models?

Real talk, how likely is chinaman to help us out?

What ever you say, faggot.

Just a gut feeling. The whole thing screams "shameless cash in" and given bethesda's current business model I doubt that it'll be a quality product

Got a demo video or is it all on trust. Because fuck that.

I like a lot of the options the game offers. One nice thing is the AI system, so you can run co-op games or one player games easily with the default rules. There is a RPG esque campaign system as well, so those wanting to do Necromunda/Mordheim have another option.

I will probably buy the miniatures so I can use them for my Fallout PnP games.

As long as the people handling it aren't Bethesda, I don't see a problem.