/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Big Fancy Hat edition

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>bretonnia has the best cav

All that talk about lesbian elves...eh. I don't think we should label them as that. While I have no problem with gay people/characters, I think Drucchi culture is very different to humanity's. Maybe they dont label people as "gay" and just go with the flow.

And apparently it's tradition for Dark Elf women to be able to take multiple partners while their single, while men need to stay faithful. What happens if the relationship is between two women? Does one take the male gender role?

Newfag here. I'm about to play WHFRP and I know jack shit about the setting. Can someone red pull me the lore? Specifically the stuff that a shitty town guard/imperial soldier would know

Where is your character from?

Middenland

they buy a slave who gets pegged and facesitted upon.

Who the hell are these things

I thought only Skinks had a god(s)

who likes vampires? who likes hard to find cyoa warhammer gamebooks?
I present Shadows over Sylvania sourced from the far shores of Nippon
sendspace.com

/file/ykmlu6

another to be struck off the list

I used to like them. Until CA started playing fucking favorites and gave us endless amounts of Vampire content.

Lizardmen have lots of Gods, most are renamed Old Ones but some are new like Sotek

>tfw vampire fan
Best thing is the vamp content never stops.
According to datamining, Lahmia is going to be included in the combined campaign map with a new vampire faction called the silver host and I guarantee they'll have a playable Neferata LL

Mortal Empires DLC for total war needs to come out already so I can btfo some undead as skaven

>no norsca DLC for combined map
>this means that pikemen will be lacking pikes until god knows how long.

Soon

They have Sotek and the Old Ones.

Who?

>the devs threw a Malus Darkblade Dark Elf phrase into the game

I've only heard the Witch Elves say it, but still. It was cool. CA does a fantastic job throwing in all sorts of Warhammer lore into the game, from ancient editions to bits from Black Library novels.

What did they say?

It's Sa'an'ishar, which means spears and sheilds in Druhir, the Dark Elf language. Generally I'd think rank-and-file warriors would say it rather than Witch Elves. You know, considering they actually use spears and shields and it seems like a saying that would rise from the blood, sweat and fear of infantrymen. But still, I appreciate it being in there.

yeah we do

Will CA be madmen enough to ever add them to Total War?

>tfw Castle Drachenfels was seen on a Old World map given at some CA conference

Probably. Besides Ogres and demons, what else will be in the third game?

They basically confirmed them already.

>May I have all your attention good anons.

Lord Mazdamundi has just arrived in the templeauditorium on his mobility scooter.

The glorious slam says that he has found a solution to our rat problem.. A final solution.

>Skink leans over to hear his whispers and begins translating his message.

"We must secure the existence of our people and the future for our Lustrian spawning pools!"

>1 wound
>t3

>24 points
>T3
>I3
>Str3
>2+ save
>over a decade without new rules
JUST

>People call Mazy a bad toad
>In-game he gives a speech, about while its inevitable for some to die, his soldiers lives aren't meaningless to him, and tells them if they all die, then to take as many Chaos bastards down with them.

He's a hero...

>literally prefaces this by saying that their lives are meaningless and their survival doesn't matter to stop chaos

>High Elves are the only race that doesn't go full retard if they win the vortex race
>Malekith uses the vortex powers to further his conquest of Ulthuan and enslave the Asur
>Skaven bring the fucking Horned Rat into the world
>Lizardmen genocide anyone that isn't them
>High Elves just prevent the other races from doing retarded shit

Really riddles my fiddle.

Kislev, probably.

Thanks for this user. It seems fun. I died fighting the 6 flagellants which make the first encounter.

It's okay sir, no one can hurt them any longer.

Coming to Total War Warhammer when?

Well we've got Demons, Ogres, and Khemri left of the 15 armies supported in 6th. We can probably count on Chaos Dwarfs, Dogs of War and Kislev at some as well, and from there we've got all sorts of potential for subfactions like fleshed out vampire bloodlines, individual empire provinces, and so on. They could also set up some individual campaigns like Dark Shadows, Storm of Chaos, and so on.

Truth be told they could probably stand to implement something closer to Shadow of the Horned Rat/Dark Omen where it was a bunch of battle scenarios as opposed to playing grand strategy auto-resolve.

Yeah, the Great Plan could have used some elaboration. Otherwise the lizards will do what the fuck ever because no one actually wrote down what the great plan was in the real world. I mean world-wide geomancy to keep the planet from blowing up and fighting all the shit pouring out of the busted portals, sure. Recovering all the shit that gets stolen from their temples? Hell yeah. Genociding the fucking planet? I don't think that's what the old ones had in mind.

He's already in the fucking game.

WHY DID I HAVE TO FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS SETTING RIGHT AFTER END TIMES

>Warhammer Fantasy blew up before hordes of /v/ermin were able to infest it

Thank God.

What do you think is going on right now?

they can't ruin the setting and there are no drawfags compared to dawn of war 1.

I didn't know Gotrek was in.

Warhammer Fantasy is going to be relegated to video games and some RPGs now. The tabletop isn't coming back. The core of WHFB is gone. Now /v/ refugees can only defile the games, as they would do anyway.

Oh look it AoS shill who assmad that TWW is popular.

based lizzies

>Good thing no one ever invaded my secret club

>What do you mean they're cancelling my secret club because sales sucked?

depends. plenty of autists are happy that the game won't be defiled by videogame enthusiasts

It wasn't his secret club.

>meanwhile AoS copying all vidya visual design, from LoL to Blizzard

I'll take grand strategy players over grognards any day.

>Don't want Fantasy to be corrupted by /v/tards
>"He must be an AoS shill!"

Actually no. I detest AoS and the End Times shit. I want Warhammer Fantasy back. I also want /v/ to leave.

Trading one group of autists for another

>>Don't want Fantasy to be corrupted by /v/tards
>meanwhile CA made best BBEG plot than GW ever did

We're Veeky Forums faggot, and most of us are regulars on both generals.

quite literally the old ones. You thought the Lizzies of all people wouldn't know their names?

>Ellinil had a 100 kids
>Khaine had Vaul make 100 swords
>Loec prevented both these from happening(somewhat)
what if Khaine was actually conspiring against the other gods, but was foiled by Loec? I mean Vaul got it in the end, and Khaine even got his 100th sword with interest, but the Ellinilli were gone by then. Was that the reason Khaine discarded his blade? because he had no more use for it?
>the Widowmaker
lets assume Khaine wanted Isha, or one of the other goddesses that were taken, he would have to kill a fellow god, basically a brother, seeing how Khaine is generally associated with fraticide. Could it not be that the Widowmakers purpose was to literally make a widow out of Isha? To kill Asuryan, and take over the heavens with his army of destruction, armed by Vaul? This would put into perspective Isha hiring Loec to trick Ellinil, maybe she got wind and tried to prevent it.

When Khaine realized his plan failed, would he be angry enough to possibly crash the Polar Gates?

anyone interested in a full set of the Man 'o War rules?

>Does one take the male gender role?
Depends on details, I guess, but probably nope, since drucchi society is all about social darwinism.

What is the worst campaign on very hard ?

That's assuming the elven gods had some sort of power over the material world

the Ellinilli are the gods of catastrophes and destruction, their whole domain was the mortal plane.

Weren't most gods a aspect of their race, and only the likes of sigmar and the chaos gods directly intervened in the favor of their devotees

>tfw thunderlord on rhinox has more attacks and wounds than a bret lord

no? Does the Avatar of Kurnous or Khaine ring any bells? They even have actual artifacts lying around. It's kinda ironic how people like to dismiss the gods of the setting as folklore fairytales, but consider the Chaos Gods actual, real palpable gods when they are nothing but barely sentient Warp Storms caused by strong emotions in the mortal plane.

The widowmaker could be an old one artifact for all we know.
As for Orion he was created by athel loren, the wood elves coud've just decided that he does looks like their representation of kurnous

that's reaching. For all we know there is no difference between the Old Ones and the gods of mortal races.

>"...her perfect tits on display for everyone to see (something she uses with magic in a Black Library novel she gets a starring role in to render an entire mixed-gender garrison of soldiers into standing mutely while riding up and down in front of their fortress on Suluphet as they get shot to pieces with her crossbow forces)..."
Uh, source please?

Not for you queek

>dat picture
>all this treasurehunting in tww2
Well, now I obsessed with drucchi adventures party in the north (hope c7 made something like it in 4th edition).

Higher ranked slayers in TW WH when?

Better to have it and not need it, go for it.

Where the fuck can I find the loading screen art from the game? I've searched all over and have only found the High Elf one so far.

Why don't Dark Elves use Khaine Avatar's? It'd be a cool unit, have Death Hags summon them.

anyone have a samsung evo 850 SSD? how does total warhammer load on it?

you love elf fucking

I don't want to be that guy, but this question really goes to .

Try to look official forums.

>After working all weekend, finally get the time to break into TWWH2.
>Finally got a good Clan Mors campaign going after a few false starts, get 100 turns and 6 hours in before having to abandon it after losing two full stacks with my best Lords because of the bullshit vague sea-battle rules.
Why live, Veeky Forums?

elfes to elfland
humans to human land
dwaren to mountains
greenskins dead
choas shith dead
undead stuff also dead

I LOVE ELF FUCKING

Khaine hates the Chaos Gods too much to do that.

Where the fuck did you quote that from?

in my headcanon Khaine invaded the warp during the ensuing chaos, carved out a realm of his own where he fights demon hords for all eternity.

It's win win

>where he is eaten by Slaanesh
Fixed.

The last time they fought Khaine permanently wounded him about the face and he ran like a bitch.

>empire
>strongest kingdom
>confederation of 10 provinces with an elected emperor
Forgive me but wouldn't that make it a republic?

yaharr she blows:

sendspace.com

/file/q32lvm

Anyone else glad that the total war quest battles are more like scenarios now, rather than just fighting an AI with all the tactical sense of Zapp Brannigan?
The fact that they were just all
>big army with reinforcements at an inconvenient time that charges you
Meant that all you needed to do was just turtle up and spam Artillery and/or ranged bait units.

Having ones like Mazdamundi's hold the line, or fighting past picket defences with Kroq-gar was much better

Would a Bretonnia peasant revolution need the Lady behind them, or could they make it with just good tactics and maybe Empire-imported gunpowder?

>peasant revolution
bretonnian peasantry can't produce leaders capable of rousing more than 5 half starved mongrels.

A revolution against their knights?
They'd get hit by a supersonic REEEEE and disintegrate

ABout to get into the game because a lot of my mates play it, what is an army that is strong but not op? Like competitive but flawed

Empire is a solid all rounder.

I'm guessing you were on Legendary, otherwise you would've kept frequent saves.

Maybe led by the merchant classes, hence the imported gunpowder, but I think they still count as peasant as far as Bretonnian nobility is concerned.

Nice, their fluff seems neat, plus I like the whole normal people thing. I just find playing something too strong is as boring as playing something shit

They are pretty much forced to since they're including Ogre Kingdoms.

How would they include a sedentary faction who's homeland isn't included in the main game?