A Machine Spirit is You

Congratulations, user, because of your dutiful service to both wings of the holy Aquila, and I guess probably the Void Dragon, your soul is being reincarnated into a machine spirit.

What glorious machine of the empire does your machine spirit inhabit? The holy, conservative, and dependable heavy bolter? Perhaps a prideful and fiery warhound class titan? The devoted and perhaps childlike Kastellan robots?

What do you inhabit, user, and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Special:Random
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tortured_Soul
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mask_of_Alpha_Dominus
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/TurnSignalsOnALandRaider
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dildos

Void Dragon Dildos?

"The ingenious Machine Spirit (Artificial Intelligence) of a Servo-harness is capable of far more sublime communion with its master than a simple Servo-arm, and a Techmarine who has mastered the subtleties of this tool can deliver a staggering amount of blows at once with his multiple appendages, or fire multiple weapons at once without pause."

To be so inextricably intertwined with a demigod space marine, one who understand every machine perfectly, and helping him out as he explores the galaxy and defends man and machine alike...

To take part in a beautiful melding of holy, Emperor-blessed flesh and Omnissiah-blessed machine seems like the most noble calling one could have.

A toilet aboard a space freighter

Well, I was kind of hoping for a full lived thread but I guess I already got the obvious correct answer in the first two replies.

I BEQUEATH THEE
I BEQUEATH THEE
I BEQUEATH THEE

YE HATH RIDDLED MY TUPPANCE!

If I can pick anyone thing, I would like to be the living proof of the glory of mankind, and to be able to see the galaxy.

What does a ship machine spirit look like?

A little something like this?

But you'd be so huge and feel so sluggish. And so little agency.

That's why my choice is Valkyrie, wild and free.

Plus I already sexually identify as an Apache attack helicopter so it's not all that far off.

You say sluggish, I say majestic. Dunno about that user but I'd gladly take the role of starship in some explorator flotilla, just to see everything out there. My mighty engines throwing me through the warp, fields protecting my crew, and aware of every being linked to me, forming a whole far more wonderful than its component parts.

Dogfighting is neat and all but it doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

A text-to-speech device installed on the Golden Throne. Oh the shenanigans that would be undertaken...

A humble earthshaker cannon, so that I might continue smiting mankind's foes.

Give this guardsman a hotshot lascannon, he's earned it.

Runescape.

Digging up the thread to say auspex. Everything in the universe becomes beautiful.

You want to be a Tau?

Being a flamer sounds pretty good, nothing would really change.

Knight Bad, did you get some scrap code?
Did you get four hundred thousand scrap codes?

VERY YES

My computer.

It STILL can't run Crysis on max settings

So you're saying you want to be a cripple?

Sounds more like an average joe.

A Dreadnought's Machine spirit. Me and the cripple will kick ass together. Bonus points if it is a rare model or contains someone unusual or a psyker.

>Hotshot lasCANNON
Lewd.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

a dreadknight so I can kick daemon ass while keeping a babby termie safe

Plasma gun because of my self destructive lifestyle and tendency to blow up on people who are close to me/try to use me

An STC fragment. Mechanicus agents are able to read any file I have not lost to the ages, but I have corrupted everything in my template to smell slightly like cheese.

>babby termie
cute. CUTE.

Put me down for a manufactorum, comrade. I am the means of production.

>empire

...you're a flying anus?

It's still an empire even if it's called the imperium. The British Raj was an empire even if it had a different name.

No one calls it an empire, not in codexes, not in novels. Nowhere.

>Deathwing Land Raider Spartan
>Watching my men go forth and purge the xenos while I provide eight(8!) lascannons worth of righteous overwatch
Absolute perfection

Except in the 40K wargame core rulebook.
"The Imperium stretches across the whole galaxy. At its heart is Holy Terra, the cradle of
Humanity and the starting point for an Empire that contains countless billions of souls."

Come on now.

Dire machines please go and stay go.

I sure hope you call him imperator, can't have an emperor without an empire.

WALKING METAL BAWKS!!!

This gril's bionic arm.

Kastellan Robot, please. I do love me some beep boops

Uhhhh isn't this pretty much what happened to the Necrontyr? C'tan (void dragon) and all?

>What do you inhabit, user, and why?
A suit of sister of battle or sister of silence power armour.

Is it because you want to protect their purity? I bet it's because you want to protect their purity.

I want to be a Lunar cruiser. Gothic or Mars also acceptable.

Melta Gun
Tallarn curry

Marauder Destroyer so I can broadcast inappropriate music and pretend I'm in Vietnam.
And so I can be inside spaceship user.

ywn hear "are you in yet?" from a battle barge's tsundere machine spirit.

Baal predator please.
Being with blood angels would be fabulous.

Heavy Bolters have machine-spirits too?

enjoy being attached to a dog I guess

>What glorious machine of the empire does your machine spirit inhabit?
Not sure, let's try a random.
>wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Special:Random

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tortured_Soul
>The Tortured Soul was a Strike Cruiser
I do like Strike Cruisers.
>in the Mantis Warriors fleet. It was commanded by 2nd Company Captain Maetrus, during the Badab War.
Uh oh.
>When Maetrus finally realized the hold Chaos had on Commander Huron, of the Astral Claws, during the defense of Badab Primaris, he turned the Tortured Soul's guns on his former allies.
Back to loyalist service it is!

>When Lord Huron's own cruiser punched out of the atmosphere and cut through the Exorcists' blockade, Maetrus threw the Tortured Soul into pursuit and charged into the Maelstrom with guns blazing in the tyrant's wake.
Shit.

Oh boy, I wanna be a land raider.
>>Ded 'ard
>>Lots of dakka
>>Get to hang out for years with a competent crew of dedicated bros who ensure I am expertly cared for
>>Have the honor of carrying the greatest warriors of the chapter into the thickest and most glorious fighting
>>Fulfilling work

Yeah, man, what else would you blame a jam on? Simple probability?

>what else would you blame a jam on
Carbon. Always fucking carbon.

Id like to be something the custodes use so i can be the last line of defense for the god emperor

Just me and the pupper for all eternity.

Or more likely, until the pupper gets hit by a car and I get buried along with her...

NMR Spectrometer.

I want to be this Land Raider.

same.
>FREEM

Klepkek

I feel like this would be the equivalent of being a blind Seer of some sort. Like, you're weird and don't have the sensors of many other machines, yet you see so much more than they do. Chimeras would come to you for a good wisdom.

Dammit. Now you've gone and given feels. Fucking C and D bullshit.

The 100 baneblades lost by Vance Stubbs

Explain.

Is it edgy to say I'd like to be a purpose built exterminatus ship?

>dat macro cannons

Imagine

>Ophelia VII is the oldest of Cardinal Worlds, second in sanctity only to Terra itself.
So I'm the mainframe supervising an entire world? Neato.
And since they aren't really technologically inclined, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

>land at maximum allowable speed, full thrust, relying entirely on battle barge to catch you
>"that isn't what I meant baka!"
Meanwhile the crew are wondering what they could have done to upset the machine spirits so badly.

I'm a lazy piece of shit, and when I get off my ass I'm unreliable but will often perform above and beyond my calling.
The choice seems obvious to me.

That said, I can be slightly more reliable and focused if I'm surrounded by amazonian women of great zeal.

>The Cassus Belli is an Imperator Titan, of the Legio Metalica, that fought in the defense of the Hive World Gehenna Prime, during an Ork invasion by Warlord Hargluk

I guess being a 50 metre tall warmachine would mean a lot of unwanted attention.

Not that it would matter if they're blown to pieces by a very close approximation of enough dakka

A Medusa Siege Cannon, I like heavy ordinance, but won't cower in the backfield. Also I'll be able pretty much hurt anything.

Maybe you can become one with a dick cannon. Would get you quite some attention.

Maybe I will BE the dick cannon
I think it's very likely that big machines posess several machine spirits of different parts working together

>It's no use, Techpriestess! When we fought those Eldar, DICKCANNON got out of my control and immediately started shooting its white-hot plasma upon those Banshees! Maybe you could caress its machine spirit?

The launcher or the missile?

>only fires once, but even the Canoness says it's heavy

Wew lad

Is this a Dauntless-class shipslut? Oh, you drawfags.

I want to say the mobility and agilty of the humble servoskull sound very fun as do the flexible tool packages those guys have but, on the other hand they are very expendable and vunerable? I can´t make up my mind and commit to that.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mask_of_Alpha_Dominus

>Mask of Alpha Dominus is a relic of the Adeptus Mechanicus.
Oh boy.

>The wearer of this mask can override the programming of nearby battle constructs with an imperious binharic blurt. Such is the force of the mask’s demands that it reduces the former doctrina wafer to a smoking wreck. The Alpha Dominus considers it a small price to pay, for his maniple can go from a braced firing stance to a destructive rampage in the blink of an eye.

I can talk to all the other machine spirits.

This is the most romantic thing I have seen posted on Veeky Forums

Bump.

Anyone here ever read the Revelation Space series by Alastair Reynolds? Quality stuff, and highly relevant to the discussion of BEING A GODDAMN SPACESHIP.

And on that note, I'd be happy to inhabit any voidcraft in a rogue traitor fleet.

Turn Signals on a Landraider was a 40k themed webcomic that was actually pretty entertaining. Of course fun outside of GW isn't allowed, and they got hit with a Cease and Desist order. Pardon TV tropes, but it provides an adequate summary of the premise, and at one point in time the actual site had been hacked.

FREEM! is the onomatopoeia used for lascannons in the strip.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/TurnSignalsOnALandRaider

oh this looks neat, thanks! Dunno how I missed it; I love me some space

Oi somefin aint right ere!
Dis aint one of dem Lemon Raspberry tanks.
Dem gits put me in da wrong ruddy machine!
And Why'z I talkin like dis?

A necron, fuck the imperium