EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: What variations of EDH do you and your playgroup use to spice up commander night?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edgar-and-the-legion-of-dusk/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/riskhkar-brew/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-neverending-tempest/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>if you do decide to go with an enchantress theme to increase your card draw you might want to throw in impact tremors too. i kind of perfer it over purphoros because it costs less and dodges things like path and stp.

I'll think about it. Also when you said white enchantments that are removal did you mean journey and oblivion ring? What about Cast Out?

2nd for why are boats not tribal?

We play with 30 life. Aggro is actually viable and combo has to run proper answer packages. Everyone in the group has become a much better deckbuilder and Boros players aren't kicked in the dick constantly.

secret partners every time we have more than 4 people

>complaining about muscular men
I only hear people complaining about cards like Kess or the recent pirate granny, I don't hear many people complaining about Captivating Crew or pic related.

Teferi was here. Combo is king, aggro babbies can suck it!

Really brave of you to say something insulting about NO ONE Tefri

Leave it in the other thread damn you.

dont continue this, sjws cant argue and dont deserve (you)s

cast out is good. flash helps offset the higher cmc and cycling is really nice in colors that struggle with card draw. if you have to choose i'd say o-ring and cast-o over journey. being limited to targeting creatures removes a lot of the utility and overlaps with better creature removal spells.

basically
>green kills artifacts, enchantments
>red kills artifacts, lands
>white kills enchantments, artifacts, creatures
so you don't need to run much non-white removal.

t. aggro babby

>Thread Question: What variations of EDH do you and your playgroup use to spice up commander night?
i think planechase is kind of fun if a bit lolrandom

>tells somebody to stop arguing while simultaneously inciting shit
plz dude

REMINDER:
doms play control, switches play combo, and subs play aggro/midrange

I'd like to see more sexualization of everything. Men, women, raptors, skeletons - more tits, more rippling abs, let's get Magic art looking like 1980s comic books.

I play control but I'm a power bottom.

should have been white blue would have made gideon good

Is there a card in Izzet or colorless that just discard by option without drawing, or a spell that makes you discard cards to deal damage to the table?

same more slutty monster girls plz

Frazeta inspired block when?

like this:

Reposting
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edgar-and-the-legion-of-dusk/
The deck plays really lame, with only a few things making an impact on the board. I feel like it really lack some Wincons, card-draw and ramp.

What should get thrown out the windows and should I get/move from maybeboard?

Pic sort of related

>I play control but I'm a power bottom.
so still a dom?

power bottom means dominant bottom

*and what should I move from Maybeboard or aquire?

So me and my buddy where messing around with token deck idea, and in my autism I discovered something glorious. Assuming my understanding of the effects is correct.

>Mairsil has a caged Packrat and Mirage Mirror, with an opponent controlling anointed Procession/Doubling season/parallel lives.
>Mairsil activates Pack Rats Ability twice and then copies the anointed procession.
>The way the effects work after all the abilities resolve, you should have 10 token copies of anointed procession.
>Creating a token will now generate 1024 tokens.
>You can put another packrat+Mirror trigger on the stack before all this to get a token of literally anything. Even a Land if you want to be cheeky.
>all together costs 13 mana and discard 3 cards.

You can only use each ability one time per turn, though.

Fair, But there are ways around that restriction for 2 blue mana

This is strangely accurate. I've met some aggro players that put up a tough front but I know a bitch when I see one.

Land Tax isn't on the reserved list? Why's it never been reprinted?

I prefer both aggro and control over combo and I'm a switch.

They drip feed reprints. There is a finite amount to reprint. At a slow enough pace, they can stretch it out over decades.

Imagine being that faggot who is so salty about Sol Ring. Holy fuck.

Those rocks are half the reason I play this format.

aggro players are brats

well you use both so it makes sense

>tfw no gw midrange cuteboy to control

feels bad man

So I brewed this today at work, can you guys give me some feed back?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/riskhkar-brew/

Because there is literally no modern Limited environment that you could put it in without absolutely breaking it. You could mulligan to fucking four and still be in good shape if it meant you could get that in your opening hand.

>ace
>play all 3
What now gayboy?

>Thread question
My main group doesnt do anything, we just have games.

When i visit my family they like to do planechase with commander. Gives them something to do if they have spare mana or have nothing in hand. Also the swingy nature helps even the odds against some of the better decks. They usually on the spot skip planes if a majority wants to as we change planes or if it would make someone go infinite. Lots of fun. Archenemy is also an option, but its usually me being the solo since they cant threat access as well.

Rocks

What utility lands do you enjoy running?

Sol Ring doesn't bother me but I wouldn't complain if it were banned.

>foregin mana vault
that ones not even very expensive tho.

i would run the champion lands in every deck if they weren't of varying levels of expensive.

What's that second from the left in not-moon-runes?

Mana Vault

Who metalurgo here

That's some spicy goodstuff you got on that list

I wish I could play irl magic like you boys, nothing compares to the feeling of the real thing

I go back and forth on it. Ancient Tomb finds its way into every deck I build but I dont know if you could call it a utility land.

Couldn't understand instructions, got dick stuck inside Liliana.

>I play it for the price tag
We do what we must to quell our autism. Even if it garners little prestige

Switch out say, Tithe drinker or somesuch for Mentor of the Meek.

It's breddy gudd

I'm so sorry for your loss

Could use a Vindicate.

I don't really like blood tribute. Don't know why, never feels great when I cast it.

>Vampires you control have Kicker, 1: Draw a Card
Whoa mama

I'll post my list in a tad.

Am I the only one who want's to run Cathar's Crusade but can't be fucked keeping up the the innumerable different levels of +1/+1 counters

So how likely is it that they'll reprint Doubling Season?

Ever? Within the next year or two?

when we return to Return to Ravnica in 3 years

How can I make this card as a wincon?

locust god

>foreign Mana Vault
I run an FBB Mana Vault too. Beta ones are over 400$ and FBB is the budget alternative if you don't want white bordered.

Gun equipment in Dominaria when?

I see your locust god and raise this

>attacking with locus god
What are you fucking retarded? You gotta firestorm with a copy mana to double supernova everyone.

Return to Caliman.

Guns are evil and dont belong in magic. Screw equipment that can give reach/first strike/haste/vigiliance/doublestrike/deathtouch flavorfully without anyone batting an eye, we should have equipment thats ropes with hooks that makes you kill people before they can respond and nets that can stop cthulu.

the way my friend plays it he just swarms everyone with locusts desu

I could inform him he's doing it wrong

>Guns are evil and dont belong in magic
what kind of SJW nonsense--

>Screw equipment that can give reach/first strike/haste/vigiliance/doublestrike/deathtouch flavorfully
ok, fair

Tell him after you buy your leyline of sanctity and orbs of warding

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-neverending-tempest/

Need to make cuts for Rhystic Study and Treasure Cruise.

what would guns do?

I usually just play this and name the locust god lol

if you can't tell our groups are very casual

Does anyone have that edit of gwafa hazid called gwafa hizzy or something?

"Equipped creature has 'TAP: Tap target bad guy if it has any equipment attached to it'"

:^)

Enter with six charge counters
1, Tap, remove a charge counter: Deal 3 damage to target creature or player.

5 mana

No, way too strong

>Guns are evil and dont belong in magic.

Nobody said guns don't belong in Magic because they're "evil", they're just not part of the aesthetic. It's kind of like with Harry Potter where Rowling has said someone with a shotgun would beat a wizard 9 times out of 10. Anyone can shoot someone, it kind of undercuts the whole grandiose nature of spells and trained warriors. As with real life, as soon as guns show up then everything becomes about guns or you have to come up with some bullshit reason why Jace doesn't whip out a glock any time there's fightnig.

this but nerf it

enters with 4 counters, costs at least 2 mana to use that ability

Jace using a gun would fit him though, he has no real offensive magic other than mind wiping people.

>he doesn't want to do untap shenanigans and fill someone full of lead

It could enter tapped if released in a Standard set, I guess, but come on man

Six repeatable bolts are still way too strong for any limited sets

How plausible could it be to see a return to the Kamigawa plane? Really like the aesthetic

It could only hit creatures, then. Flavor it as some sort of clunky, primitive hand cannon you can only use on the defensive. 6 mana for 3 damage on the turn it comes in is pricey.

weebs get out

this would be my favorite

honorable mentions to westvale abbey, academy ruins, and nykthos

I just want an Azusa reprint and more samurais for a meme dek

nu-wizards hate Kamigawa

Just buff this

id say very likely but not sure how soon

I think wolf run is actually op.

It could cost 1 more colorless mana to activate and I'd still be real happy with it.

who said this need link

OUT weeb!

>he has no real offensive magic other than mind wiping people

And that's exactly how Blue is supposed to work.

They don't hate it, the market did

>At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay 1. If you do, untap Elaborate Firecannon.

>3, tap: Elaborate Firecannon deals 3 damage to target creature or player, then flip a coin. If you lose the flip, Elaborate Firecannon deals 1 damage to you.

>"Careful with that damned powder! You're gonna blast us to the bottom of the ocean if you keep that up!"

Not really Commander related but figured I'll ask. Are there any good programs to play Commander with some friends in another country?

MTGO or XMage

Best commander for a demon themed deck?

There's a big internal debate in WotC both about what is better and what is more likely:
>Kamigawa 2 with a huge facelift to make it more palatable to the average player
>A completely new Japan flavored plane disconnected from Kamigawa entirely

Both have fairly low odds. Kamigawa is its own worst enemy, it's a big roadblock for greenlighting New Japan Block and it's way too steeped in its lore to smoothly transition into being Kamigawa 2: New Japan. Not to mention they like to maintain a certain degree of mechanical followup between blocks on the same plane and the majority of Kamigawa's mechanics are some of the most hated mechanics of all time, or are some of the most difficult to work with. There's a huge debate just on whether or not it would be okay to do Kamigawa 2 without a Legendary Matters theme, and how to actually do a Legendary Matters theme if they had to.