How to you make a couple the BBEG?

How to you make a couple the BBEG?

There are two
They work together against the party

House of Cards

Make them one PC's parents. Given the nature of PCs, they'll naturally become the BBEG with minimum effort on your part.

Oh, I meaned more, how to you make a BBEG Couple, and do this concept right.

They worked mostly together, appearing only when I knew they were relatively safe from PCs. Obviously close but I tried to make their relationship a secondary thing like, "oh yeah, they're married".

At the finale, he did the "I will hold them back, go without me" thing and fought the PCs with extreme ferocity and I let him roll willpower for a few times to let him fight with negative hp.
Then I revealed that he was protecting not only his wife but also his unborn child.
And before fighting the wife, I revealed that she never really cared and made up the pregnancy to manipulate the otherwise a pretty cool guy.

What I needed to do was a Isaac Dian & Miria Harvent duo but I realized that much too late

So did I. I mean, just make them an influential royal family who disowned the PC kid for some reason. They love each other, and they might have some guilt on opposing their kid, but they view their goals as above their parental responsibility, especially if their kid is evil, or refused to listen to them.
For a pair of evil characters, maybe they would justify killing their kid by saying 'we can make another one once we're immortal'.
They should be able to act independently if need be, but be even more fearsome as a team. If I had to make a suggestion, I'd say make them gestalts, able to use both magic and be effective in martial combat. If it's a setting with resurrection, I say give both a contingency plan for resurrecting each other.

Right now, one PC I'm running hates her mother and her father is cut up about their broken family. The mother doesn't want to hurt her husband, but won't let her daughter get in the way of her goals. I'm honestly not sure whether he would side with her or the PC if the chips were down and he was forced to choose.

I think it would be cool if maybe they were polar opposites skillwise, maybe one is smart while the other is strong and so on and so forth. That way your BBEG can be the beat of both worlds. Think jamie and cercei lanister. It all depends on your setting and players though for what kind of personalities and roles they would have.

The happy couple are different PCs' parents.
So begins Operation Cockblock.

>The happy couple are different PCs' parents.
>So begins Operation Cockblock.
I can see it now. The final battle is at the wedding altar and the party crashes it just in time. Bridesmaids, groomsmen, and other guests serve as minions and the presiding cleric serves as the enemy healbot. If the cleric and the couple manage to survive long enough to finish the vows, the campaign is a failure and the PCs have to imagine the honeymoon and inevitable resulting half-siblings.

Adam and Eve delusions.

Bonus points if the players kill one and goad the other about how they'll never see them again.

Extra points if they manage to destroy one's soul and gloat about it.

"Hey, wanna know why your resurrection spells aren't working? The good news is I can tell you why..."

Our DM ruined the final fight for us by having the male of the bbeg couple break down and cry, not even bothering to defend himself.

We trapped his soul in a gem and had a dwarven ally sink it into a volcano.

In retrospect, we didn't so much defeat the villains as we did replace them.

Not everyone is fond of the show, but they actually did a great evil couple with the Briarwoods.

>Adam and Eve delusions.
The fuck does this mean?
>"We're going to repopulate the land with our superior bloodline?"
Actually, that's terrifying.
>Be born with all 18s for stats and rich parents
>Cruise through life
>Get delusions of grandeur
>Set up elaborate eugenics project because you want kids to propagate your superior genes but you don't want just any mother
>Find ideal mother of your children
>Turns out she not only is completely on board with the idea she was looking for you with the same reasons in mind
>You two are basically completely compatible
>Your kids will be perfect
>Problem occurs to you
>Your kids need to have perfect mates as well
>Time to kidnap people and harvest their DNA for useful information to create perfect partners for your future children that won't result in long-term genetic issues
Holy shit that's terrifying. Imagine being the child of that couple.

Some kind of fucked up Mother-Son incest thing. The mother is a controlling bitch.

Having the villains really, genuinely love each other can be interesting.
They can follow the "be infinetely good to those you love and infinitely cruel to everyone else" idea.
Make them reasonable and at some point kill one of them.

See:

Oh, that's just evil, i love it!

I know the backstory of one of my gamma world character's now.

I found them one of the less engaging Villains, at least after their first arc.

>bbeg

ugh

Are they really the villains though? This would infact be a boon to the species.

>Joker and Harley
that wasnt that hard now was it?

>Are they really the villains though? This would infact be a boon to the species.
Incorrect; many debilitating conditions we reflexively view as "bad" are actually vital for carrying certain desirable genetic traits. Just one more reason why we shouldn't rush into eugenics before we completely understand all the causes and effects of our system.

I see basically three ways you could do it:
Either they are 'Yin and Yang', 'Commander and right Hand', or 'Villain and Sidekick'

If they are Yin and Yang, they are on about the same level of skill, just in very different fields. The Witch and the Barbarian, the Hacker and the Cyber-Samurai, etc.

For 'Commander and right Hand' they are again on a similar level but in related or more complementing fields, with an implicit power dynamic between them. The Archpriest and the Paladin, the Crimeboss and the Socialite Assassine, the Noble and the sworn Knight*, etc.

And finally theres 'Villain and Sidekick' where one has a higher level then the other, the power dynamic is more explicit, and similar things where the Sidekick maybe is little more then another Goon for the main Villain.
To give examples is a bit difficult as there are so many possible Applications...

So prepare for trouble, and make it double?

I don't know who they are but the woman kinda looks like Hillary Clinton. That makes her a villain straight out of the box.
t. Deplorable

Incestous lesbian twins
kicked out of a noble house (pos an royal/ex-royal house) for their public sadism. Now they've stolen/acquired a pile of money and lead an army of criminals/cultists. They want to overthrow the current ruler. plot twist: their claim to the throne is legally more legit than current dude.

I like engel (as villain), but I always found it strange. Why should the nazis give a woman a high position?

The real power there was Meowth, and we all know it.

>Imagine being the child of that couple.
I assume you would be raised to see yourself as a god, so I guess that's cool.

It's set in the 60s right, that's plenty of time for change to take place.

According to the wiki, she was the party leader for the girl's section of the Hitler Youth, rose quickly after already giving birth to six children, and we see her being the commandant of a camp in the game, and women DID do guard duty for some of the camps.

So politics. And because she's a terrifying sadist.

>Women
>More legitimate claim than a dude
What shitty succession laws.

The Macbeths?

Fuck off back to /pol/. The fact that you feel the need to broadcast this shit marks you as the worst kind of shitposter - the politics shitposter.

Team Rocket is blasting off!

Twins could be a good plot twist. The party defeats one, but then they hear rumors she's alive and preparing a ritual. Party arrives to see the sister making a ritual to ressurrect the dead twin. If the PC stops the ritual, the dead sister soul enters the living one body, split personality style.

Siblings? Lovers?

Why not both?