Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Does anyone even give a shit about World of Tanks edition

Last >Warhammer Community news(New FAQs for Codex: Death Guard, Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus and more)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/01/new-faqs-for-codex-death-guard-codex-adeptus-mechanicus-and-moregw-homepage-post-4/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

First for non waac guardfags

Who?

R8 my tank wip?

So after 2 skitarii start collecting boxes, I am torn on what to get next, kind of want some Robots.

is it still gonna be conscripts all the way or are they just a shield for double firing tanks now

What, 1 on 1 is the best MBT in 40k? Lets say in the basic weight class so we don't compare a Falcon with a Baneblade

Anyone got a copy of the new white dwarf? I hear there's a painting guide for Chem Dogs inside.

They were always just a shield for the heavy hitters, now they're better at it because of stratagems and the heavy hitters are all better as well.

is that rust on one of the emperors finest? someone find me a commisar, a techpriest and an ditty bag. an itty, bitty, ditty bag

>watch a few IG battle reports on youtube
>"lol that sure was a close game"
>IG wins every single time

Wonder what it could be?

READ YFOR TANKS COMBBAY

kastelan robots. dont listen to anyone else, they are the BEST model gw has done in ages. if you dont like beep boops that look like they are the mother of beep boops, then you shouldnt play mechanicum

>have night lords
>like them despite being worst legion
>always picture them running around being sneaky
>literally 0 rules to support this
>anything on foot is trash
>basic CSM are even worse
>"just spam Havocs and termies lol"
>even raptors are shit
>don't want to spam them anyway
>warp talons are way too expensive
>useless without Warptime
>apathy intensifies
>desire to paint dudes crippled
Just kill me please

Sounds good.

every time i see that bottle of monarch i get a little bit more sick

In a perfect scenario, probably a Hammerhead gunship or Fire Prism.

Nope. 2 or 3 squads riding in chimeras, with a leman russ variant, a captain, heavy weapons squad, and sniper or plasma team points permitting. Essentially the same list build I've played for the last couple editions.

that doesn't make my selfmade regiment with not more than two lemans, no conscrips, and a few infantry squads in chimairas with armageddon doctrine
>waac

>transcending momentary rules and creating an amazing looking, thematic, and fluffy pile of Your Dudes.

is anyone not insufferable on youtube

Secretly I have enjoyed some tabletop tactics battles

their silhouette is just too tidy smooth and curvy for mechanicum. It needs sharp corners and fcking cables everywhere

Tabletop Tactics seem legit dudes, not overly pretentious and they're pretty up front when they get things wrong.

Only downside is that they use a paint service, rather then doing their own, but that might just be me.

I like Glacial Geek, but keep in mind most of his shit will be Dark Angels vs. X

i didn't even know that. Doesn't matter terribly much to me but i can understand.

Most of my mates like miniwargaming but I can't stand it and I am not sure why. I think it might be their voices

I like strikingscorpion, though quite a few of his videos are behind a paywall now
Everybody at miniwargaming is horrible except for Steve

To be fair to them, they're very clear that they use a service, and I think some of their older armies are done by hand. Given the fact they're semi-pro now I can't entirely blame them, if you're making videos and trying to get the entire model release schedule done it can't be easy.

Miniwargaming is a blight, it's all the worst aspects of 'nerd culture' transposed onto painting, the only thing slightly redeemable is Kris Belleau, and he has his own channel anyway.

Enthusiasm. They are very over the top/ accessible to common folk. Damned if they could follow the rules though.

>except steve
once ash left it went down hill. i miss the old days with guys like jay, owen and dan. i hate the dudes they have now except steve, i dont even see what he uploads anymore since hes only like 1 out of 7 guys there. quirk is the worst though

glad I'm not alone most of the players I know in person are also the worst aspects of nerd culture too so i guess that makes sense

Reminder that steve has his own channel that he uploads on every week

>picked the boxes over the Russ

I thought world of tanks was for people who actually liked ww2 tank designs?

>WOOO

so what are everyones GWs or LGSs filled with my is full of vets that are chill af despite me being the living definition of a filthy millennial

Strikingscorpion makes me want to fall asleep, hot diggity dang

Fat, greasy, smelly and filthy MtG playing barely-humanoids
And those weird greasy filthy lanky type NEETs

Sand bags need definition, stitch lines, texture, colour difference.
That and, considering its a WIP, looking good.

ITT we make a Looted Wagon datasheet
I'll start

LOOTED WAGON
>Heavy Support
>Power Rating 5-7?
> ~75 points (does not include wargear)
>M 12"
>WS 5+
>BS 5+
>S *
>T 6
>W 10
>A *
>Ld 7
>Sv 4+
>Damage (same as trukk)
A Looted Wagon is a single model
-This model may take a killkannon
-This model may take up to three big shootas, rokkit launchas and/or skorchas
-This model may take a deff rolla, 'ard case or grabbin' klaw

>Explodes
on 6, 6" D3 Mortal wounds
>'Ard Case
same as battlewagon except 6 to 7
>Open Topped
same as battlewagon
>Don't Press Dat
Roll a D6 for each Looted Wagon at the start of their shooting phase. On a roll of 1, the Looted Wagon must advance this turn.
>Transport
10-12?

i didnt know that, thanks broseph. have a marine saying i love you in sign, as thanks

a bunch of aggressive, rude, borderline alcoholic 20-30something dudes
it's fucking wonderful

this guy gets it, imperium tanks are designed to be mass produced and easy to maintain in the case of guard, for marines it is to fill the gap that power armour dreads cant by being more mobile while still retaining ground prescence. For Tau it is to sit back and spew out shots that 1 shot any other tank in its weight class, though idk too much bout fire prisms but its eldar so it's probably good.
don't bother with ork tanks, deldar dont use tanks and I'm not sure what could be a cron tank

WOT is tight, but not WOT blitz for your phone

Heavily Mekkanized Deffskulls list.

+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [109 PL, 1999pts] +++

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Orks) ++

+ HQ +

Big Mek: Choppa, Shokk Attack Gun

+ Elites +

Burna Boyz: 10x Burna Boy

+ Heavy Support +

Battlewagon W/ Supa-Kannon: Deff Rolla, Supa-Kannon

Battlewagon W/ Supa-Kannon: Deff Rolla, Supa-Kannon

Meka-Dread: Kustom Force Field, Rattler Kannon, Rippa Klaw

+ Dedicated Transport +

Trukk: Big Shoota

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Orks) ++

+ HQ +

Big Mek: Choppa, Shokk Attack Gun

Weirdboy: 3. Da Jump

+ Troops +

Boyz
. . Boss Nob: Power Klaw, Slugga
. . 29x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

Gretchin: 20x Gretchin

Gretchin: 20x Gretchin

+ Fast Attack +

Skorcha Buggy
. . 3x Skorcha: 3x Skorcha

+ Flyer +

Dakkajet: 6x Supa Shoota

Dakkajet: 6x Supa Shoota

Monolith is the cron tank.

What sort of spells do you want to see for Thousand Sons? I'd love to see some of the spells from the Tzeentch table from WoM ported over in some way or another- at the very least doombolt. Maybe siphon magic as a stratagem or some sort of buff that you might cast from aspiring sorcerers onto exalteds and such, things like that.
What about legion traits and such? I can't think of many good ideas, but I think soulblaze/warpflame returning could be pretty neat. Dunno about relics though, maybe seer's bane or something

It was a rhino with a added gun profile, easy to start from there.

>Roll a D6 for each Looted Wagon at the start of their shooting phase. On a roll of 1, the Looted Wagon must advance this turn.
>Advance
>at the start of the shooting phase

I mean it looks like a neat-ish list, though with 2 flyers it's not gonna win any tournaments, since it's an ork flyer. as much as I like mechanised lists you could a squad of manz or something meatier without it being a vehicle

falcon is better than fire prism in my book. I usually use them with bright lances and shuriken cannons.

why are the predators edges rounded off?

Greasy nerds and neckbeards in their early 20s. Literally the stereotypical dungeons and dragons crew.

And ordinary people with kids in their mid 30s.

About 60/40 ratio

put liquid greenstuff on the sandbags. it gives a good texture.

Prisms are supposed to be all purpose tanks, moving smoothly from large area low intensity laser broiling flesh up to needle beam vaporizing adamantium.

With the new guard codex thinking about doing guard as my first army. However aesthetic wise I'm thinking about doing up some cadians to look like UN peacekeepers. Only replace UN with IM.

So Light blue, white, and green. Think they'll be easy colors to paint as a beginner?

This.

Also Eldar beats T'au easily due to improved maneuverability.

we were looking at leman russ weight class, monolith is more up there with a malchador/macharius I think (its 400-ish points isn't it?)

I'd quantify the falcon more as an IFV than a main battle tank, given its transport role and lighter weaponry on the same chassis as a Fire Prism.

That's one of the reasons I like him, he's like Warhammer asmr

Yeah, issue with manz is, you can't just get manz you also have to get a transport, and that makes them a 300 point investment, unless you hold them back to a teleport.

White is a bitch to paint, I'll warn you now

Yeah the Falcon is more like a Razorback equivalent, where the Wave Serpent is a Rhino equivalent and the Fire Prism the Predator equivalent.

>eldar beats tau due to improved maneuverability
source?
also maneuverability means jack shit when you get one shot from beyond eldar range

Prism is closer to a SPG though.

That list is chock full of battlewagons

I did except I lowered the toughness to account for it's open topped-ness
right-o easy fix

Maneuverability means a lot when you can rapidly close from beyond enemy range to inside own range.

>taufags being this delusional
Yeah whatever commie weeb, go post about how you want a katana for your fire warriors that deals d6 damage, always strikes first and is AP-4

It's as light as crons go for a tank.

A fire prism and a hammerhead have comparable ranges.

Does anyone know what Armies on Parade is going to be like this year? I saw they've got a bunch of categories this time around. Is it possible to place in more than one category? Are the medals the same as last year's?

this guy gets it

>wanting tau in meele
I'd rather have shurikens.
A2 pistol s5 ap-5

Archeotech tends to look pretty like that.

So adeptus arbites codex and model release when?

I wish to the fight to those who spit on the emperors laws.

Ah yeah, you have a point, supa kannon DOES leave 6 man capacity, just enough for minimum-manz, just hard for me to conceptualize them moving up field, but nothing preventing it really.

Thinking about putting my nobz and stormboyz on 32mm bases, is this a good idea y/n

They are like grorious samurai, this is why they easily cut down baka gaijin with their 60000gorillion times folded superior nihon steel, they defest everyone in melee desu

I did, Nobs at least look better for it.
Stormboys are still just boys.

Any Eldar Codex ever, they have the most maneuverable tanks in the setting.

Also T'au Railguns don't really outrange Eldar tanks by much at all, it's less than the distance for the Eldar to dart into range and fire, and the Eldar tanks have higher speed and can dodge-weave, not to mention are on the side that has psychic diviners leading them and calling strikes while able to literally see the future.

I put my nobz on 32mm bases and its so much better than 25mm. I think when GW finally puts them in a new box, they'll include those
It still can look a little bit tight but its much better than 25mm. Pic related, 32mm based Nobz

I want to see Soul Switch make a comeback more than anything, it was my favourite power in 7th and it just lead to so much shenanigans.

I also want some cantrips that aspiring Sorcerers can cast instead of smite, something based on the cults of prosperous.

They'd probably be reroll 1s to hit for Corvidae, a small movement spell for Pavoni, +1 to invulns (max 3++) for Raptora, ignore morale for Atheneans and I don't really know about Pyrae.

I have a SAG mek sitting in each as a pillbox, so either I'd have to make him walk with no bodyguard or put both the eggs into a single Waggon that can't take 'ard case.

thank you

You tried to say castellax i presume ?

Can anyone tell me if Death Korps of Krieg guardsmen can pick a regimental doctrine from the new codex? Do they get to keep the Krieg orders/rules etc and get a Doctrine of their choice for the army-wide buff or do they just get boned and have nothing instead?

I hate the tau playerbase so god damn much.
I like and play tau but holy ahit the others that play them should be relocated to internment camps.

the last one

For someone interested in Krieg you sure are ignorant as fuck when it comes to how they work

Krieg already has their "doctrine" in the form of special rules found in the FW index. If I like the codex stuff better I'm already planning on using Valhallan rules, they suit Krieg pretty well.

Catachan is clearly the best doctrine for them

Oh yeah, having a sorcerer being assigned to one of Prospero's cults causing them to have slightly different rules would actually be really neat. I'd love to see something like that.

railguns are faster
>implying I'm a weab/commie
>it's another tau are gommunists episode
I main guard faggot, and I play farsight tau
>dodge-weave
markerlights defeat this
>can see the future
don't think the tank driver can see the exact trajectory a hammerhead will fire, also seekers negate this since they're automated

Eldar fags btfo

Can Khorne Lord ride juggernaut in this edition?

There's no morale buffs from Catachan doctrines, though I do like the reroll on numbers of hits.

>spending hours and hours on a bunch of worthless crap that does as quickly as it's placed on the table while they do literally nothing
>thinking basic troops will ever be more than worthless tax
What's it liken being delusional?

Markerlights don't have the range.

I think he's only an Index unit right now, though you might see it in an eventual WE codex if it ever happens or something.

Trouble is they were garbage in 7th and they'd be garbage again in 8th with those rules. Looted Wagons should be all about customization; you should be able to stick basically every Ork ranged weapon on them, up to and including Stompa weaponry. We should be able to strap extra armour on them until they're T8 with a 2+ save if we want to pay the points.

Alternatively, just bring back the fucking Looted rules from 3rd ed.

Krieg is a non-doctrine Regiment RAW, so they can pic a doctrine. They probably wouldn't get the special order though.

There's a lot of Chaos at my LGS, most of it Death Guard.