Become interested in warhammer fantasy

>become interested in warhammer fantasy
>even want to try a game
>all that is left is age of sigmar

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ZZwyAACQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit sucks bro

Warhammer's sucked for awhile now, long before Age of Sigmar was a thing. You're not missing anything.

Hello Total Warfag!

Ehh time to move on friend.

That time is well... behind us. Kinda wish I was there and in on that shit when it was still being played in a rank and file system. I was too enamored with other shit like 40k at the time.

Don't know if I'll get into AoS. Whole shop loves it. Might try shadespire when skaven or undead shit drops.

Too be honest though. RIP the old world.

Just play Warhammer Total War games or Crusade Kings 2 with mods. They are great.

It'll be back some day, /v/irgin.

Is the game even getting support? There was like, a whole bunch of noise for the first release and then a whole lot of hot dead nothing. I know strighoi ghoul kangdoms just dropped but

For what? AoS?

Last release was kharadron overlords. Plus to be frank it is still getting support. A new campaign book came out, 2018 is gonna see at least two factions drop for AoS.

Mostly it's just 40k stopping the support. For good reason though. 8th just dropped. We've seen the return of the primarchs. GW scrambling to get out the popular faction codexes (don't quite me on the popular part).

AoS will get its time to shine.

Just buy Warhammer models and play Kings of War.

Problem solved my man.

Doubtful. AoS is the fantasy line's life support so they can dump the rest of their fantasy sprues before repurposing all the new CAD shit in to 40k: Weird Shit in the Warp edition.

Nah, they just announced a new campaign with plenty of new models.

Just play 9th age.
Get some people into it.

Fantasy had been shit for a decade.

AoS is actually a better game.

Cry more neckbeards.

hi Sigmar

bring back Karl you massive faggot

...This is completely untrue, nigger. The new campaign is just boxes of old models now paired up with Sigmarines. The Ten allegiences are just extra abilities -- hilariously poorly balanced -- for pre-existing armies. 7 for the Forces of Order, and 1 each for the other three factions.

And if you're talking about Shadespire, that's just a cheap X-Wing knock-off. Well, cheap except for its pricetag.

So either play Mantic's Kings of War or 9th Edition. Depending on your region, they might even have more active players than Age of Smegma. That's how it is in my city. We've got 12 KoW players and 5 or so AoS. 9th never really took hold, but I know several of the KoW players toy with it every now and then.

>2018 is gonna see at least two factions drop for AoS
laughingaelves.jpg

At least one is going to be death

>laughingaelves

No, the campaign that's next year.

Oh, the faction that hasn't gotten anything new aside from a pretty mediocre Allegiance from Firestorm that doesn't work with the Death faction that makes the best conversion possibilities? The same faction that hasn't gotten anything other than a pair of Allegiances -- just four pages total -- worth of support since the release of Flesh-Eater Counts, and one of those Allegiences was just making it so that the army was actually able to use one of its units as well as provide the ability to use the trademark Death special ability?

Seems unlikely. But I bet they've got a new Smegmarine Chamber ready for us to buy!

Pic related.

Oh, that campaign that hasn't been talked about at all that you are making up? Sounds awful, man. Take an updoot.

Individual casualty removal is pretty fucking retarded for a game that size anyway. KoW is clean and simple, just play that with the Fantasy setting.

Yeah, I really love how KoW handles that, especially since they basically hit you over the head and say, "Multibase, you mong! Make a badass diorama instead of a bunch of ranked infantry that fit together like a jigsaw puzzle you did drunk!"

Someone solved the new rumour!

You can use Age of Sigmar rules with the old armies. There's also half a dozen communities that have created spin off from eighth edition or older. Or maybe... you could just go to a local game store and post that you want to play against somebody using any of he old rules and see if you get any takers. I mean it's not like the game has cease to exist.

I love that the official FB page thinks it's funny.

I miss the old world, but not the old game. I actually enjoy AoS. Its cool and simple. Not good if you want to play tournaments, but good for a pleasant game evening with friends

> fantasy vastly superior than 40k
> No one plays fantasy

>Its cool and simple.
>t.GWcustomer

Siggy worn him and discarded like a condom in a backalley.

I play Sigmarboys, and I think it's funny. It's pointing out an obvious flaw of the release plan without being an ass about it.

Seconded. CK2 Warhammer mod is amazing

>fighting is poop
no

It's good if you are interested in the lore, also the fact that someone made such a huge modification is amazing

yeah. Modders are based autists

Damn, must be harsh to get interested in the dead Old World at a time like this. Total War: Warhammer brought you here, didn't it?
Here's a link to Veeky Forums's Warhammer MEGA folder: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ZZwyAACQ
If you are interested in the old WHFB, you might still have some luck finding other people to play with. Not all have taken the AoS transition well, and at least in my area people are getting back to 8E and older.
Ebay has probably a healthy amount of models on square bases to fill your basic needs.

>CK2 Warhammer mod is amazing

Wtf are you smoking?
Medieval 2 Rage of the Dark Gods mod is 100 times better than that - let alone the TW:WH (even if it does go at 200 € at present rates ...)

What are you even talking about? Malign Portents was announced this august at gencon, we DO know there's at least four heroes (one per alliance) and that's going to be heavily themed around death releases. We also know it's going to take a few cues from Albion campaign (i.e. if all sides bring an herald of the alliance they take no points, like the soothsayer and dark emissary).

Plus shadespire is 50 euros per starter set. Not much different from X-Wing.