Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Tactical genius edition

Last >Warhammer Community news(New FAQs for Codex: Death Guard, Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus and more)

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/01/new-faqs-for-codex-death-guard-codex-adeptus-mechanicus-and-moregw-homepage-post-4/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

oglaf.com/fountain-of-doubt/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I already contain those urges through this board and hobby. The lack of sorceresses and tricksters (women) on Veeky Forums and at my FLGS allow me to let my guard down. Warhammer and Veeky Forums are my help.

I look up to him as one who saw past their friendly appearance. However he wasn't strong so I do not follow him.

First for Magnus and the Thousand Sons. Also praise Tzeentch.

Tactical genius apparently does nothing for the ability to properly use pasta.

Legitimately now, user, no fucking joke. See a fucking shrink.

3rd for "waacfag" is just a term used by poor sports to get people to change their armies to something the poor sport can beat, rather than the poor sport having to change their army or improve in any way.

4st for chaos

Fuck. Thread derailed.

Is Imperial Guard getting NO new models this codex?

What could I need one for? I am completely content with my contempt.

>wake up
>just in time for a new thread
>see the previous thread mentioned in 1st post
>neat I wonder wha-...
What the fuck did I just stumble into here

Reminder to hide and report shitposters, do not reply or discuss them.

They greedily feed on your hot (you)rine.

>ask 45 euroshekels for a box of termies
>don't even include all loadout options

Stay classy GW

Either bait or a sick individual.

Being content does not make you healthy, stable or not a hazard to yourself and those around you.

jokes on you
My scarab occult have no options!
...Oh, dang

Any one else think it's really fucking dumb that the Swarmlord has fucking swords, with grips? And that termigaunts have fucking rifles?

I understand scything talons, and some other Nid's dorsal launchers, but those other things in particular look really stupid and or if place to me.

May I ask you a personal question?

Well, flamer or reaper, whether to take missiles, whether to give the sorcerer a Bolter or a sword. (Why the fuck would you take sword he already has a force weapon)

You're just in time for the daily autism shitshow, I tend to leave and come back after painting or playing some TWW2.

Well there is the Soul Reaper Cannon, Heavy Warpflamer and Hellfyre Missiles and those are all in the box at least.

Seems to be the case
If he isn't baiting the guy's a sperg, but he isn't physically harming anyone.

I bought some krieg from forgeworld and a few of the weapon teams I bought look like they're made out of finecast and feel like a completely different material to everything else, this is awful.

>I despise the fact that I am sexually attracted to them and consider castration to clear and focus my mind

He sounds like a danger to himself.

Is this how you Rogue Trader?

Nah, I'm with you. It's fleshborers I can't stand, they're so obviously just alien pistols.

I flagellate to remind myself of my purity. You must try to see from my point of view brother.

Thats because FW uses Resin,which is similar to FC, not plastics

OK yeah. I didn't read that part.

no, you misunderstand me. most of what i've got is standard FW casting but these weapon teams are in the finecast style resin (differnt colour and feel to the resin and on an actual sprue of resin rather than just having a gate on the bottom)

Tell me about
. Names. Color schemes. Notable tabletop moments.
My ork army of yore was my best dudes.
Lugjaks Lootas led by none other than the Big Mek himself, Lugjak. They were Badmoons space pirates that strapped a shit ton of rockets on an asteroid and cruised space to raid shit to throw in the furnaces to fuel the rockets. On the table, everything was in battle wagons, everything was max shooty. Everything had a 5++ KFF. notable events were the BurnaWagon who, when overwatch came out, once got like 75 hits on a squad of dumbass nids who charged it.

Thank you,guess I'll be starting with the Imperium(so many links to click). Sorry for late response. I was dragged away from the computer and forgot to check back.
Holy hell. Thanks so much. I'm gonna read this.

I'm not down the anti-women part of it. But I do agree we need to try as hard as we can to keep the normies away.

You're pathetic i cant even believe you exist. How do you feel about the billions of years of evolution that went into making you were all for naught

Sick? I am in perfect health and am on the path to perfection.

What if I look like a normie but don't do normie things?

Why would you want people not to take part in your Hobby? More players means more games. I'm missing something here?

Sure thing Bill

Naw, we just need to make sure new players adapt to the game and not vice versa.

I am heading towards evelutionary perfection. Humans have deviated our social structures away from our natural roots. Men used to fight each other to use women with their only use being food gathering and child rooting.
Now we are civilized men should still use the women but rather than killing we can live normal lives separated from them and when mating is necessary those who must will fight to maintain physical perfection.

Reposting in new bread.

Fellow Commanders - I need your help in constructing a list and plan for an upcoming 1250 pt tournament. I don't want super cheese, but I want to beat some ass as well.
Here's what I got so far - probably running Tallarn regiment because it fits fluff-wise.
I tried to put revised point values where I know of them.

Spearhead
HQ - Tank Commander w/ Punisher cannon, 3HBs - 211
Heavy S 1: 2 LRBT - lascannon hull, 2 HBs - 316
Heavy S 2: Basilisk w/ HB - 108
Heavy S 3: Wyvern w/ HB - 93

Battalion
HQ 1: Company Commander w/ laspistol, chainsword - 30
HQ 2: Company Commander w/ laspistol, chainsword - 30
T 1: Infantry squad - sniper rifle, lascannon - 62
T 2: Infantry squad - sniper rifle, lascannon - 62
T 3: Infantry squad - HB, grenade launcher - 53
Elite 1: SWS w/ 3 meltas - 60
Elite 2: SWS w/ 3 plasmas - 45
Transport - Chimera w/ multi-laser, HB 93 (to transport sws).
87 points to spare - What do I use them on?
More infantry? Commies? Ratlings? Bring your best ideas!

Youre either morbidly obese or an underweight skeleton who shits once a week.

Normie is a state of being homie.

More players DOES mean more games, but do you want those games to be against some WAACfag normie with unpainted Guard or uncreative normie Spehss Muhreens (Ultramarines) army #487,236? They cannot devote the necessary time to do hobby work. Gone will be the days of awesome conversions, creative combinations of monopose models that have been green stuff'd and filed and kitbashed into a sweet-ass loadout. Gone will be the concept of even slightly fluffy army, because they won't care about the fluff.

Keep the riff-raff out. Neckbeard hobbies played by neckbeards alone.

Women who are capable of tolerating the presence of sweaty gronards are likely already enjoying the hobby. Bringing in women (and men) who cannot tolerate said sweaty gronards and gronardettes to spaces already occupied by said sweaty gronards and gronardettes is just asking for unneeded conflict.

You sound like one of Oglafs gaybarians with their butt-babies.

Go to bed Fulgrim

Ah, maby its because the models were made in a different batch/ at different times, causing the composition of the resin to be different?

Can I get a link it sounds like a fascinating read.

Begging for links is weakness

I know this is bait, but there are plenty of waacfags as is
If anything normies would probably just play what they like the look of, its the spergs that waacfag

oglaf.com/fountain-of-doubt/ found it women-accepting degenerate.

Exactly how is it going to take before GW destroys the 40K setting the way they destroyed fantasy? I mean they already brought back a Primarch, how long before the plot starts to progress in the most horrifying, universe wrecking way possible?

I for one like to walk into stores and play pickup games with people who aren't sperging out. Usually the only people I can approach for a pickup game are pretty chaddy because, at least at my FLGS all of the weird guys play in their group and exclusively their group, show up and leave together and shoot you daggers if you try to ask them about their army. More is better.

It will start with a move to introduce women.

Is anyone else planning on mixing and matching guard regiment detachments within an army (using the appropriate models of course).

>GW destroys the 40K setting the way they destroyed fantasy
The way fantasy was destroyed? That was Chaos winning. That only will happen if Chaos can defeat the true winners of the setting: __ Orks __

>plot starts to progress
It's already been destroyed. The setting was way better when the o ly development they did was ret conning and retroactive. Everything teetering just on the precipice of disaster were the glory days. Now, muh metanarrative.

I give each GK a name that I write on their shoulderpad, since "true names" and all that jazz is integral to GK lore. From left to right are Arthus, Tiberius and I havent thought of one yet.
Also, every dude gets a personalized heraldic shield that displays some great heroic act they undertook in a game.
Arthus and his squadmates slew a great Tyranid beast (Trygon Prime).
Tiberius got a Rose for being the commanding Brother Captain of the Strike force that delivered the mercy of the Emperor to a regiment of corrupted Guardsmen and Fallen Dark Angels.
Mr No-Name was the sole surviver of a lychguard attack, who ignored him after he fell back. He went on to avenge his brothers by slaying two canoptek spiders on his own before being gunned down by a ghost ark and the necron warriors inside.

If I want to win, at any cost really, would it be more efficient to play the best army in the current meta, or play any army, but convince my opponents that the armies they're playing are too good and ask them to play worse options?

So, plasma got more expensive in the AM codex for units with BS3.

Is it even worth taking anymore?

Scions with orders and plasma still sounds nice, but maybe melta is now the way to go?

first option is being WAAC second option is just being a cunt

Context? I wasn't online in the last thread.

Arthus, Tiberius, Dan

And what is "perfection" in your eyes?

If you're a neckbeard, an ugly chick or just a normal dude, the former.

If you're a grill, then the latter. You can abuse the "I'm new, and dont know how the game works, sogo easy on me, ok? bats eylashes and implies things with body language" trope. It'l probably only work on the same dude a couple times, though.

by the way, go fuck yourself WAACfag

Bs3 is good now

Go read it, its worth seeing it first hand

Daily reminder that Command Vanquishers are anti-WAAC.

Run one of these and your army is not waac. It's literally the most stylish, least optimized choice.

Not really, though. It's shit and your dragging it all over the carpets.

We need more normies, I'm sick of awkward smelly people

Personally I consider completely fucking over all your lore and completely rewriting key characters across multiple factions to be more than simply "Chaos winning". A Chaos victory into a new setting COULD have worked, but the way the GW did it turned the entirety of fantasy into a dumpster fire. Somehow I doubt a better fate awaits 40K, the writers they have don't seem to know how to gradually progress anything, so you get nothing but hamfisted bulldozing of established lore that often contradicts everything that went before, which virtually necessitates a hard reset into some new type of universe. Do you really believe 40K is going to escape that fate?

>t. guy who hates funposting

Is it pissible to magnetize the AdMech Ironstrider? Seems like just the gunners arms and the weapon mounting at front.

>Tell me about

My Tzeentch Daemon Host have a loose tarot card feel. In-fluff is they specifically go after those who use the Emperor's Tarot Cards.

They're painted in monochrome with only some blue splashes to break them up. The Horrors are split into a couple "Arcanas" (Feathers, Light, and Lies) and each Horror will get a number (Two of Lights) while Blues get their own arcana (First Half of X), and Brimstones as get their own as well (First and Second Quarter of X).

Why is the second any less waac than the first? Because you've done it?

It depends on the extent you want it magnetized.
Switching between dragoon loadouts is easy since it's just a case of switching the radium jezzail arm with the taser lance.
Similarly changing the ironstrider loadouts is easy, problem comes with switching from dragoon -> ironstrider as the weapon is mounted onto a 1mm diameter railing, plus you'd have to remove the little monitors that usually come with the dragoon.

It's WAAC is a subset of cunt. First option is just that subset, second option is the whole package.

Not him, but first is you are CHOOSING to be WAAC, the second is you're too lazy/poor/ to be proper WAAC, so instead you try to get your opponents to have pitty and 'go easy' on you.

The second is just a means of ensuring the win, a method any waac can employ. I think you'll find as you mature in the hobby that the waacest fellows are those who use the term most to police other's lists.

Lets go, right now. Post your army, Tzeentchfag.
Or are you afraid of the Emperors light?

Ah, didn't see the monitors. Still, might be possible if I get a magnet in the railing and just stick to 1 monitor for the dragoon.

I honestly think the chickwalker are among the most point efficient models in the book.

Might I suggest Agamemnon or Konstantin?

yeah, whatever you say faggot. Most insane people aren't aware their insane.

if you are looking for your missing grandmaster, he's with me hanging out with the real heros of the imperium

FUCK
I love those. I think I'll call him Agamemnon. But I'll definently name someone else Konstantin now.

>Can only buff himself with his psychic powers and adds nothing but a stormbolter and decent melee for a single character to the army
>Also that horrible paint job

Just ... why???

I'd be very surprised if you managed to get a magnet into that railing, it'd be like trying to get one into the antenna.
You could probably get away with having strong magnets in the torso and using the arms as the only contact points, otherwise you'd likely have to build a unique support system.
And yeah the models went from being mediocre in 7e to very strong, -1 to hit at distance does wonders for the survivability and the data-tether means that it's a 50/50 chance to get 3x as many S8 AP-1 hits.

You're welcome, user. I just hope I haven't cursed him with bad rolls from now on.

was a list before the GK codex, so he was a decent warlord to go with the scions

>deny 3 powers
>ld9 purge soul
>gate of infinity for mobiity
>tanky
>solid in combat

also whats wrong with his paint job?

Spider Slayer (or Agamemnon now) cannot be cursed! His will to smash spiders is too great!

What is the best way to strip a russ that has been based with enamel paint?

>Tell me about
>. Names. Color schemes. Notable tabletop moments.

Forge World Casthun
Colours: Battleship grey vehicles, dark brown or blue-grey coats depending on unit, blue trousers

Notable characters:

Kataphron Servitor YRH-2B, formerly a sweet and mild (by Ecclesiarchy standards) Schola Progenium Sororitas choirgirl servitorised after an unfortunate live fire training accident. She quite enjoys being a tank human hybrid with a plasma cannon who towers over the girls who once bullied her.

Pegleg Pythagoras - A Ranger Alpha who lost an arm and a leg to a Lictor attack, the shock addling his robot brain so he now believes himself a mighty voidfarer, and crafted a hook hand and peg leg. He swore vengeance on the beast in a mighty rage, and his aberrant logic was felt by senior magi to be worth monitoring.

Iron Man XXVIII and Datasmith Shotor - a seemingly blessed Kastellan robot that was rebuilt from scraps left after a psychic blast from Typhus himself destroyed it. Since then it has proved fiercely loyal.

The Forgeworld itself is a laughing stock of the Admech as it is subcontracted to the Ecclesiarchy for the production of DEVOTIONAL GOODS (cheap tourist tat for pilgrims and collectible trinkets).

Key products include novelty servitors (including servo skulls made from your dead family pet), foam power fists in your regiment's colours for Sportarium Contests, "I love my Primarch" Astartes sized mugs (loyal legion colours only) and the Limited Edition War for Armageddon Memorial Ten Throne Coin (each one signed, only 5.45x10^16 left)

I've had somewhat of a hiatus from playing 40K, since 7E was such a mess and my group scattered due to moving after studies and some stupid drama that tore up my ttrpg group too, so I haven't really gotten around 8E.
What are the ups and downs, now that the codices are dropping like steel rain?
At least I know that I'll be pretty fine with BA, Guard and Sisters as my armies, should I get a match in.

The silver has like zero depth to it, and the colour of the cloth being close to both the gold and the silver means there is negative contrast to the model overall. Choosing a greyish blue for the heraldry means at first and second glance it looks like you just spray painted the whole model silver and then didn't bother to properly paint heraldry. The paint makes the model look bland as fuck with nothing that draws the eye.

its literally just the same colour scheme as normal voldus but with two changes

thunderhawk blue instead of the red

no blue tint watch + ardcoat, instead just a slight blue shading

considering i painted this in a few hours i'm pretty happy with it

At work. Otherwise I would :(