Wednesday MTG Story: VRASKA BEST GIRL EDITION

>magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/something-else-entirely-2017-10-04

>Vraska an Jace fall in love, then they get attacked by Merlfolk

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/vraska-unseen-2017-10-04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I guess Jace proves it.

Once you go black, you can never go back

Is Vraska still being cute?

Also a reminder of her backstory:

>magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/vraska-unseen-2017-10-04

If the background is correct. This can lead to something interesting.

Sooo...VraskaXLiliXJace threesome smut when?

She blushes like 4 times this episode

>tfw never have Jace bf
Feels bad

>Jace held out his hand, and Vraska placed the compass in his palm.

>"It changes direction frequently. It's how we found you, you know."

>Jace gave her a flat look. "I'm not a Golden City."

>"Obviously," she smiled. "But maybe you can figure out how it works, so we don't get thrown off by a distraction again."

>"I like to think I'm not a distraction either."

>"No." Vraska had a conflicted look in her eye that Jace couldn't quite read. "You're something else entirely."

You tell me, user.

what was the prison plane Vraska first walked to? Or is that just a metaphor for her PTSD?

It wasn't a literal prison. She just planeswalked into a dark cave on an unknown plane where she was trapped until she figured out planeswalking.

Man, pivix is amazing.

>The illusion vanished. But the look of guarded wonder on Vraska's face remained.

>She was beautiful.

>And so, in his way, Jace told her.

>"Will you teach me more about Ravnica?" he asked.

>She turned, arms still crossed, her mouth a firm line.

>"Probably," she said.

>Jace smiled. He didn't mind waiting.

Jace IS ace after all

We are not getting a story from the vampires perspective. Feels bad man.

maybe not in this set

Are Vraska's pubes tiny snakes?

what about her nose hairs

I doubt she has hair in these places

Is cabin boy Jace here to stay? They're giving him an awful lot of characterization to just have him get his memories back and return to old Jace.

I want to marry Vraska.

Dude the vampires are sick as fuck, but we only have 2 stories left. It's looking grim for the best fraction.

>they're literally doing VraskaxJace

THE MADMEN

He'll obviously get his memories back at some point, as this will set up an emotional conflict between him and Vraska after their bonding.

Vona will most likely get a story at some point.

I'm actually somewhat excited,for the inevitable 5e Planeshift supplement so I could do a proper Vampire Conquistador campaign.

I suspect we will end up with a mix of the two. CabinJace's personality tinted by OldJace's experiences.

CabinJace spends a lot if time talking about how you cant let your past define you. He might straight up just not choose to get him memories back if given the opportunity.

Which is good for him, because CabinJace seems much more flexible and useful than sickly bookworm Jace.

I just want, by the time the inevitable Gatewatch Reunion happens, Jace to have gone full swashbuckling pirate.

Like, swinging in on a rope with Vraska on his arm, shirt unbuttoned and cutlass at his side. Blending his illusion into combat so he goes to swing and suddenly there are four swords coming at you, and you dont know which is real in the split second you have to block.

None of them are real. The real sword was invisible.

No one else on the team would recognize him.

If Jace does get his memory back what will his opinion on Vraska be?

Probably very conflicted.

This. Jace thought Vraska was dangerous before, but I cant remember her doing anything that would make him HATE her.

If he's in love now, he'd obviously have some stuff to work out but I imagine that would eventually win out. Even from a logical perspective, putting Vraska in control of the Golgari makes sense as the Guildpact. She makes a powerful ally, and the Golgari need a change in leadership before their internal strife bliws up into another guild war anyway.

Lord Nicolas. They've said it twice now but he hasn't shown anywhere.

why does Vraska care about the Golgari and not work for the Dimir

Lord Nicolas is Nicol Bolas. Vraska has a whole chapter talking about how he hired her for the job and gave her the compass. the whole "Lord Nicholas" moniker is something she made up, since it's easier to explain than "a magic, world-traveling dragon has hired me."

Why now, don't be silly. Lord Nicolas and Nicol Bolas sound very different.

So guys heres the real question.

How detailed is that jaceXvraska sex scene gonna be?

Would just like to say, if we're getting Jace upgraded to Actual Badass territory with the inevitable memory jogging I'm totally on board.

GRAPHICALLY.

>Jace colorshifts into Gerrard Capashen

How jealous is Liliana going to be, on a scale of privately steam about to it "murder both Vraska and Jace".

Well, he was already WU anyways, they just refused to print any cards of him in those colors because 'hurr he's Azorius now'

hory fuck

I'll ship it.
On a ship, even.
Liliana is old and haggish. Vraska is the new hotness.

Dont be silly. Jace is a master of illusion.

He can do both.

The old hag is annoying.
The old hag is no use anymore.

wew

She tried to kill his old girlfriend. Then again, who on Ravnica hasn't tried to assassinate Emmara Tandris?

>friends hate her even after she tried to help
>lover stolen by a literal monster
>Bolas's whipping girl

Liliana on suicide watch

Does Vraska know that Bolas is evil?

>"And I was a politician there?"

>Vraska chuckled. "You were horrible."

>"I imagine. I must have been forced into the job."

>A sly smile tugged at her lips.

>"You weren't forced into anything. You had a great big campaign!" she said. "Flyers, stump speeches, banquets to fundraise. 'Jace is Ace!' was your slogan."

>Jace was skeptical.

>"'Jace is Ace' is an awful campaign slogan."

>"Yep. It was totally yours."

this got a chuckle out of me.

Do good people often hire assassins?

Has the writing been much better this set? or am I seeing it through rose tinted glasses cause of my raw primal desire to ship jace and vraska

Vraska is not that evil of an assassin

There's been some poor grammar stuff. Repeated phrasing and clunky sentances as usual. The plot itself is more interesting though, I agree.

It has been better, but in slight ways. I think the writing level is the same, but Vraska and amnesiac Jace are more interesting characters to explore than the gatewatch. It goes a long way to have interesting characters for protagonists.

She literally Se7ens people because she gets enjoyment from killing in ironic ways.

Still, even if she was the most honourable assassin that's ever lived. I'm talking about her employers. Do good people hire assassins?

jesus just fuck already

But Bolas did not hire her for an assassination.

Not specifically. But he hired her for her skills as an assassin because he knew there'd be plenty of assassination on the way.

A better question is does Vraska even know who Bolas is.

I would think so, I doubt she is that naive to think he will get her the position of Guildmaster by being nice.

Jace x Vraska
Chandra x Mises
Ajani x zombie Elspeth
Gideon x JUSTICE
Liliana alone forever

Not having to balance focus between 5 GW members AND the plot helps a lot to for tightening up the quality. We dont have to give Chandra the peanut gallery and talk about Gods beefy muscles to remind you that, yes, the rest of the team is here too.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/vraska-unseen-2017-10-04
Wizards also published this today, nothing new, it's however a good recap of Vraska's story.

Nani?

Ixalan is a neat setting and they premise of "Pirate Vraska and Amnesiac Jace go on a treasure hunt" is way more interesting than anything else they've done lately. Splitting up the Gatewatch lets them be a lot more focused, too. The merfolk/sun empire stories haven't been quite as good but they're doing an adequate job of fleshing out the world.

The actual quality of the writing has been mixed (this week's story keeps having Jace give weird speeches about people's ability to change instead of natural dialogue) but so far the fun plot has been keeping it afloat.

Mises? Is that some auto correct abomination of Nissa?

>Zombie Elspeth.
TO.
FUCKING.
SOON.

you forgot Koth x Eternal Phyrexian Damnation

>zombie Elspeth
Like, is they're a reason people don't want artifact Talos Elspeth.

It's going to happen. I just hope Elspeth will still have a sense of justice.

I presume her justice will become twisted. Literally black and white (to suit her new colours).

Now so I can put her in my Daxos deck for flavor

>Jace planesrunning away from child support

>becomes UB

>implying lili's rotten womb can bear new life
>implying she didnt fake the dna test results

Hahaha

Too soon

Wait, did any of the rankings change this time?

What rankings?

Sure heres OFFICIAL wotc waifuwalker rankings:

SSS tier:
Vraska
Elspeth

A tier:
Freyalise

B tier:
Narset
Kiora
Arlin
Saheeli
Huatli

C tier:
Nissa
Nahiri

D tier:
Chandra
Lili

Kangz tier:
Kaya
Samut

this sounds awesome.

I imagine jace would have also grown a pirate beard as well.

Does Jace even remember Emmara? I thought he erased that memory

Because she was lumped in together with them and the Dimir did not reach her. Besides, she probably does not know where the Dimir are, even if she wanted to join them

Being Vraska is suffering

He erased Emmara's memory, not his. I mean, he lost it now, but he didn't do it on purpose.

sometimes husbandos are for betraying

I meant as followed
Heralds 2-0
Sun 2-1
Brazen 1-2
Dusk 0-2
Also you don't want to tease smug kaya

Yeah. Should have proofread

why is the awesomeness of High and Dry so downplayed? It's an artifical island built from the wreckage of ships which has turned into a pirate capital, that's rad, and they treat it as if it was some boring outpost.

I assume you are counting Vraska as part of the Brazen Coalition?

And my bet, is that one of the next two stories will be about the stories and give them a win, otherwise when the race for the golden city beings proper it would not be very exciting.

Vraska is a slut, Liliana is pure

Nice b8 fah-got

The creative team focuses on characterization. They're not even necessarily good at it, it's just that they value it far more than they value worldbuilding. The world is just the vehicle that allows the characters to interact and grow.

In this particular case, this intimate chat between Vraska and Jace was more important than the rickety city of corsairs stitched together from flotsam and wreckage.

I agree.

DELET THIS

It's this divide that I kinda don't like. I am not one of those guys who laments over "the good old days" of mtg lore, but there has been a strong shift from general worldbuilding to character focus.
While character focus is kinda necessary, as the planeswalkers are the continuous elements of the worlds, I do wish, there was more focus on the worlds, as I feel that they have real creative potential.

Good. She needs to actually go full on evil instead of the haughty "Oh - just look at how EVIL I am, darling!" thing.

I was hoping that something in the KLD / AER story would cause Chandra to go B/R but with that no longer an option this is the next big thing.

I just realized there is going to be a third Ravnica block.