Hello Veeky Forums. I want play a little game. You can only point out one bad thing per post about this podcast...

Hello Veeky Forums. I want play a little game. You can only point out one bad thing per post about this podcast. But if you plan on saying anything nice about it, you're allowed to say 3 nice things about it per post. I'll start with the most obvious.

>Griffin is too caught up in telling his stupid novel through the podcast, that he very often forgets that there is a game being played that involves the players to interact

Good things:
>I genuinely enjoy the boys' comedy and banter, I was a fan of MBMBAM before TAZ existed
>Even after the shaky, often uninterested start of There be Gerblins, they all managed to do a pretty good job of developing their characters into living people beyond their one-note origins.
>This is THE BEST editing and production I've heard from an actual play podcast. They taken something that can often be incredibly difficult to maintain an interested audience and turned it into a story worth listening to.
Bad thing:
>The heavy-handed pandering. For all the hand wringing about "difficult issues" in TTAZZ and the evolution of the progressive cause celebre in the podcast itself, they still manage to do it wrong at every turn because they're a bunch of white guys trying to appease the mewling masses of the downtrodden.

>The characters are incredibly solid and well-thought-out, even Merle, who's being played by a guy who didn't seem to give a shit for a very long time
>The game world is unique and compelling (even if it's dumb and full of pop culture references), and the unique planar system deserves praise for paring down the D&D arglebargle into something simple and memorable while still actually using that D&D lore element as a key plot point
>They don't manage to avoid letting the game mechanics get in the way of being entertaining and telling a good story

>The bit where Lup was revealed to be trans and then it never came up again was awkward and unnecessary and I say that as a transgender myself

>The bit where Lup was revealed to be trans and then it never came up again was awkward and unnecessary and I say that as a transgender myself
This was the worst. The fact that it had zero baring on the character at all just screamed "HEY GUYS ARE WE INCLUSIVE ENOUGH YET?"

Good things:
Pretty much everything Taako does
Fantasy gatchapon machine and fantasy costco are great ways to interact with the community
I wish Clint were my dad

Bad things:
The way Griffin DMs infuriates me to the point where I dropped the podcast around the beginning of suffering game.

It exists

I mean, I guess it plays into Lup being Taako's twin sister (assuming they're identical rather than fraternal twins), and I assume Griffin wanted to get it out of the way early on rather than it being awkward if it actually came up during play, but it was still ham-handed and badly introduced.

Besides the obvious Lup stuff, I think it got way too dramatic by the end, It was much more enjoyable when it was unscripted goofs.

Honestly, I'm just super excited for the Super hero campaign that Clint gonna run. Shit should be fun

>Besides the obvious Lup stuff, I think it got way too dramatic by the end, It was much more enjoyable when it was unscripted goofs.
I liked a lot of the dramatic stuff, but on an objective level it was kind of a weak ending. I think the campaign peaked with Arms Outstretched, honestly.
(Also, the Red Robe reveal. That was just perfectly done, and Clint's laughter in the background made the entire thing way better.)
>Honestly, I'm just super excited for the Super hero campaign that Clint gonna run. Shit should be fun
Oh, shit, that's tomorrow, ain't it? Can't wait.

It's less "HEY GUYS ARE WE INCLUSIVE ENOUGH YET?" and more "H-hey g-guys, we did it..we...we did it, p-please...put the guns down, and give us some water, we're dying...p-please..."

>and I say that as a transgender myself
Are you fuckin eighty mate

I'm really looking forward to a new system with new characters and a new DM filtering out the annoying mamby-pamby trend fandom that won't be able to tolerate non-D&D, non-Griffin run content

>It starts from the beginning of the campaign.

I hate how many podcasts like this start with the first episode and the guy goes "So this is a campaign we've been playing for about a year now." Like, nigga, that's like starting a show at season 3!

>Audio is amazing!

Most podcast are recorded from OBS and Google Hangouts which seem to drop audio so fucking much. These guys, being professionals, do a great job at making sure that the sound quality is top notch and there isn't a ton of annoying background noise like babies crying or dogs barking, Mr. Kevin Smith!

>Story is actually kinda fun and laid back compared to different DnD podcasts.

Most podcast try to be serious but TAZ pretty much knew who they were and built up to the seriousness, then broke it down with the Lunar Interlude episodes.

>The campaign was a bit railroad-y.

Which I guess is fine, since most were new players but I honestly would have liked to seen the guys do a bit more sandboxing and Takko actually getting to invent the taco but hey, small complaint.

The premise of this thread is very lame. Seriously. The quality of the podcast literally doesnt even matter, this is a bad thread.

>Audio quality is nice.
>Good chemistry between all of the people involved.
>They all seem like nice people.

>Once they got into that weird spaceship thing at the end of the first arc I just lost what little interest I had left.

>Takko actually getting to invent the taco
Wait, he never got to make a taco? Looks like I made the right choice leaving early.

A thread died for this. I miss quests.

Every time, and you're still just as wrong as the first time.

Anyway, sidebar here, anyone got any other decent quality podcasts? I'm specifically looking for tabletop games that aren't DnD.

There was literally no way of knowing she was trans besides when they announced it once, and in the same breath said something about not making it a big deal. I know they're well-meaning, but it was just silly. (And all the horseshit related to fake drama about Taako's portrayal in the comic made me roll my eyes so hard they popped out.)

GOOD STUFF: Being a family that works together regularly, they have a great group dynamic. Having had so much podcast experience, Griffin is a great editor (and some of the gags he puts in in post based off of how the session goes are top notch.) They also made great use of community involvement, when it goes well, like all of the item ideas.

NOT GOOD: The best moments of the show, and TTRPGs in general, stem from the back-and-forth nature of storytelling between DM and player. So the very long story heavy bits of exposition really bog things down, in my opinion, to the point I'm very wary of not doing the same thing during my games. I was much more interested in the party than the world, so the last chapter was pretty boring to me (and the way some things were messily retconned didn't help.)

Nah, he made one, just didn't invent the concept.

The Film Reroll podcast is pretty good if you want a GURPS podcast

Waste of a thread