Connected to FlightNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Kilimanjaro__Tensions_On_The_Rise_Again?_Mass-Driver_in_Jeopardy?.news
>Suborbital_Flight__Safety_Instructions__Awakened_Version.aro
>BER_Airport_Close_to_Completion?.thread
>T-Bird.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 3106 (50% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, about that run in Amazonia. I have a contact in a freighter crew. Want me to ask him?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Speedy_Speed_Boy.BTL...

>Fly straight
>Conserve fuel
>Do not buy CGL books as secondary fuel (burn EXTREMELY shitty)
>And never, ever cut the flight path of a dragon

Transportation Edition
How do you get around?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/AKwJBsZ
youtube.com/watch?v=QOl4ygrkZT4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How do you get around?
At the moment my decker drives around on mirage. Hacking trafficlights and being a badass.

Magic 0 doesn't mean you're no longer magical, right? Can a character start with Magic 0 then raise it in-game?

Magic 0 means you're not/no longer magical.

How dumb would I be for trying to make a Troll Decker in shadowrun dragonfall?

I don't think you can go below 1 magic and have the quality. You'd have to take the dormant quality and awaken during gameplay, iirc.

Shadowrun Returns is significantly more forgiving of off-race builds for archetypes than tabletop is. I don't think you can equip the Excalibur, but honestly you don't really need it. If your main is a decker, he's still going to be spending a lot of time in meatspace and trolls are amazingly fun in that game. The mid-level decks are more than powerful enough for what you need to do, and they encourage you to not waste all your equipment slots on programs.

Toyota Gopher with cab, smuggling compartment, spoof chip, morphing license plate, tag eraser, and Gridguide over ride. I also have a generic Americar no frills, 100% legal for every day stuff. The party has a Talon that's supposedly hot but we still use it as a burner. I once had a cocotaxi but had to leave it behind on a run. My overall goal is to buy an RV, stuff it full of mods and retire in it.

I would like to play my other smuggler who has a food truck and stealth mods out the wazoo, plus its decked out with AR signs to run as 4 different food trucks.

First for removing Humanis Policlub.

>t. butthurt pigger

My Troll uses a Dodge Scoot. He carries it on his back when he goes inside buildings, then drives down the corridoors swinging his Highland Forge Claymore.

It's not a pink mohawk game, he's just so damned tanky he can do whatever he likes.

If I make a character with 1 logic, is he just kinda slow on the uptake? Or is he straight up retarded?

He is straight up retarded!

ohboyherewego.jpg

A dog get's 2 logic
Do you want to be dumber than a dog ?

I was under the impression that a 1 log character could function fairly well as long as he's not doing anything too complicated?

1 logic ranges from straight-up retarded on the low end, to mildly retarded but functional on the high end. It's not a very good idea in any case.

Like basic math ?
1 in logic mean that you CAN'T perform eny logic skill without training.

Can't use a computer, can't fix your car, can't even try to identidy a forgery.

> that a 1 log character could function fairly well as long as he's not doing anything too complicated?
thats log 2.

If we're assuming an even spread of LOG across the population, 1 would be 16% of the population. So, retarded but not that catatonic, but "dumb as a brick" is still a defining character feature.

With a normal distribution it'd be less, but not less than 4-5% of the population. So if you put 50 people in a room, at least a few of them will be LOG 1.

>If we're assuming an even spread of LOG across the population
Shit statistic is shit.

>With a normal distribution it'd be less, but not less than 4-5% of the population. So if you put 50 people in a room, at least a few of them will be LOG 1.
Better but still pretty shit.

Log 0 means you hit a flat coma man, can't get much more stupid than that.
Those attributes are abstractions, and should be treated as such, and the fact remains that dogs and some reptiles get to have log 2.

Should I have more than 3 Reaction if I'm not a driver? Not counting ware of course. I could just spend that point somewhere else instead

what's your INT?
What's your archetype?

Several of my players opted to not have a vehicle rather than taking a Scoot. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's not completely stupid.

Regarding the noise issue from last thread: the noise rule are fucking retarded. Consider this:
>If there is a Noise Rating from a situation that is greater than the item’s Device Rating, not including distance, the item temporarily loses its wireless functionality (see Noise, p. 230).

A commercial area in a city has already 4 noise? Nothing with device rating

Also, consider that a public terminal for say, a map loses wireless for being in a city.

Sorry, for being in a downtown sprawl.

4, decker

It's pretty much known that noise is bullshit. You have to manage it reasonably - because RAW, a comlink can't make a call around the world because of the distance involved.

We can do that with cell phones, currently.

It's a head scratcher.

how is your INIT?
because with just REA 3 and INT 4 you get INI 7+1d6, which is a 50% chance to get a second initiative pass

Catalyst strikes again! Fuck this game.

How can we hand-wave this away?

Maybe commercial areas have signal boosting wi-fi zones. This basically means deckers don't suffer noise penalties out in the open. But corp buildings only have the signal boosting / strong rating via their core host/servers. Of course this means wageslaves can't talk on the phone during their jobs, which seems cyberpunk enough.

But it also basically means burner phones (Meta Links) don't even work in the barrens, the main place where they are used. lmfao

----

Here's another fun one: if you teleport across the world instantly in the Matrix, why don't spider-decker sec-teams just travel in groups of like a dozen? The moment a decker fucks up, he's only got like 1-6 turns before a dozen white hats show up to fry his brain.

Cellphones currently are much more centralized and routed through organized lines.
The Matrix is all unplanned peer to peer stuff unless you have a good service plan. Even if you pay for a service plan, all that really means is that the company sets you up with an otherwise private network that skips some of the middle-men connections on your way out. If your ultimate destination isn't on their network, you're still jumping through tons of other devices in an ad hoc manner to reach it.

Well, we actually had a simple solution in my old group - there are two kinds of noise:

-> Regular noise: caused by spam/static zones, distance, weather, etc. Does not hinder a device's functionality, but reduces dice pool for high-speed-actions like decking and rigging. Think of "lag" - won't interfere with regular web activity, but will hurt your aim in video games.

-> Aggressive noise: caused by jamming, faraday cages, WiFi-reflecting paint, etc. Does reduce dice pool for high-speed-actions like decking and rigging and if noise > device rating, device has no more WiFi. Think of getting DDoSed -> either it kind of works or "well fuck".

I've got Wired 1 so it'd be 8+2d6

Regardless, INT is important for Hackers, alongside LOG, so you want it high. It'll help your dodge pool and initiative the same as REA, you'll just lose out on driving cars and dodging suppressing fire.

Seems like a good enough hand-wave for me, specifically by the reference to lag and ping. Thank you for preserving my sanity

get yourself to 9+2d6. That way you are guaranteed two passes

In 4e, yes. In 5e, you only burn out when your MAXIMUM magic reaches zero.

Our group is being asked to plan a run to kidnap a researcher (Renraku) from a civilian research lab (High end security, but according to known information, no instant death or murder measures because people work there).

That's all we currenty know.
Get reseacher, keep them or a week so as to avoid Renraku instantly tracing them to some delivery point and allow time for a decoy, and then hand the scientist over.

Our previous runs have been fairly strraight forward, and the group is mostly new.

So, my question is this:

What are some basic level preperations to take? Questions to find the answers to? Interesting considerations?

>Bonus Question: How much legwork does your group do, and how do they do it?

So as says if you have a point to spend between Int and REA, Intuition is generally the better choice, unless you're a rigger in which case it's kind of 50/50. REA and INT contribute to a lot of same vital things but INT just gives you more of a return on investment feeding into matrix action, perception and knowledge skills. Either way you'll get the 9+2d6 initiative mentions.

If you have a hacker, see if they can look up the building and get an idea of its layout/security. Public records, recent purchases, workers complaining about security. Bonus points if they are able to do some hacking infiltration before the run.

If no one in the group is a hacker then hire one.

Do the same thing with magical countermeasures as well. Astral Projection might be able to scope the place out, I'd check up on the rules.

Have an escape plan in case things go hairy. Be aware that they can have security cameras and spirits on watch. It's a good idea to try and sneak as much as you can, disguises are always a good idea. Hiding guns in a mop bucket is classic.

>How do you get around?
GMC bulldog Step-Van

I leave it parked at a satanic cult meeting spot when I'm not using it.
I call it to ferry me back and forth to day job from my house.
50% of the time or so I just have to deal with the party's free spirit(PC not NPC) being inside
take it from someone with Old Scratch riding shotgun
he's an asshole
and he never picks good shit to play on the radio

For me, legwork is what makes Shadowrun. The world seems to naturally suggest the players go through and investigate the run as much as they can, come up with a fool-proof plan, then desperately scramble as their plan falls apart.

As a GM I'll have entire games dedicated to the Runners doing legwork to set up for a big heist.

In 5e, a character is still Awakened even at Magic 0. You don't stop being Awakened until your Maximum Magic hits 0. You can start with 0 and then raise it during play, yes.

In 4e, the second your Magic score hits 0, you're officially 'burned out' - you're not Awakened anymore.

I think 5e makes for a more interesting plot/story, in that respect.

Dose the researcher want to be extracted? They can be an invaluable resource if they do.

A character with Logic 1 is not technically retarded, but they're so dumb that they can't even roll Logic-linked skills unless they have training in them. They default to a dice pool of 0.

They're not quite retarded, because that's represented by a Quality.

But they're so astoundingly stupid that most people will rightly assume they're disabled.

And that goes for any other Attributes at 1 too.

Unknown, currently. That's a good avenue to investigate. We know people are interested in him because of his research (somethingsomething ground breaking ballistics models).

Looking into that might be very useful.

We do have hacker - me. But everyone's a little new, and this is somewhat outside our usual field of operation, which is normally a lot more intergang warfare and low key (We have a few mobster affiliated people). We haven't had to actually prepare a large scale entry/exit of a specifically fortified "civilian" compound in. . . ever. Guns in a bucket is a fun idea.

A Receiver dongle cuts 2 noise immediately. Even a single hit on Electronic Warfare cuts it an additional 1 per hit. And there are plenty of other options too. Datajacks. Clothing options. Antennae.

Distance-related Noise is explicitly called out as not being included in the calculations to cut your wireless connection.

If I'm casting a spell on myself, can I opt to not take the opposed test?

For example, if I want to cast Rewind on myself, and maximize the amount of time I forget, can I choose to just not take the opposing test and have all my hits count as net hits?

Yes. You can also cast low level invisibility on a wall, declare to fail the resistance test and start to shoot people who resisted the spell through said wall without them having a clue as to what is going on.

No you can't. Object resistance applies.

You'd still be shooting the wall

Thanks. I figured as much, but we wanted confirmation.

I'm about to start playing in a game and everyone but me is new to the system and setting, trying to be a cool dude and help people learn about the setting, where should I look for info about/what is NYC like in the sixth world (at around 2079)

I'd also accept you guys giving me info about it directly

Yeah, no. Matrix actions only. The game mechanic of matrix connectivity problems does not affect non-matrix actions of any single self-contained/wired/DNI device.

Outside of Manhattan, there's not much. Manhattan info is in Stolen Souls.

Triple tap burst destroys most cover with a cavalier ebr.

>haven't been in a SR game for over a year
I'm gonna have to go to Runnerhub, aren't I?

No game is better than bad game.

Is it weird I named one of the PC's contacts who is their childhood friend and a decker girl after Yekka?

So apparently I'm jumping on a bandwagon and creating a discord in order to foster communication between the devs and you lot. Something to do with plans we have to better support RunnerHub's crazy ruleset without people having to jump through hoops to join the slack channel. Think of it as a better way to pester people that aren't me, I'm not bailing out of here anytime soon.
discord.gg/AKwJBsZ

Yes.

The fuck is runnerhub?

Apparently a group RP for Shadowrun that operates on Reddit.

>reddit
So completely filled with retarded, asinine rules and jerking off the big boys for upboats? Sounds gay.

what's an upboat and where do i get one?

I checked it out after mentioned it, and it seemed pretty dumb.

Is the ebr worth getting for a gunbunny adept, or should I just stick with assault rifles?

So... Looks like Will Smith joined Lonestar.

youtube.com/watch?v=QOl4ygrkZT4

Reddit's got two living campaigns, ShadowNet and RunnerHub. ShadowNet is essentially an unofficial Missions experience, everything by the book. RunnerHub is more or less the same, except they have a laundry-list of houserules that attempt to do away with the worst of that experience, evening out the power imbalances of various options.

If you're jonesing for a shadowrun game it's not bad, but you're never going to get the level of personal detail you can expect from a home game. You can still get solo runs and such going, but it takes more effort and willingness on the part of the GMs.
Longarms is a decent focus opportunity; Assault Rifles have more variety, but there are a couple of best-in-class options for long arms that run neck and neck with the most popular options.

I want to punish my murderhobos for killing plot relevant NPCs for no good reason.

I'm going to give the next one a super-platinum doc wagon subscription. They can have fun with an HTR team after going through the man's pockets.

Killswitch cranial nuke with stealth RFID taggants.

Might be some old lore in Shadows of NA.

Have the johnson pay them less?

Have your runners ever had to turn down a run for ethical reasons? I know that typically the mantra as of around 4e has been that the shadows are no place for moralizing, but our group and our GM have been having a lot of discussion over the past few days about a call we made during our Sunday night game that felt warranted.

Basically, Mr. Johnson was a business associate of a corp suit that had been murdered by a child prostitute he had been abusing, and was looking for us to help cover the incident up and make his death seem more "honorable" before the story broke to the media and brought the bad publicity that typically comes with your top regional sales rep being a pedophile.

It didn't take long for our runners to turn the job down flat on the grounds that even if the money was good we weren't particularly interested in helping a kiddie diddler posthumously save face, but the GM hasn't seemed very happy about the decision. Partially because he had to throw out a session he'd planned, which I understand, but even when we discussed why he had expected us to jump on board for such shady shit he said he figured we were in no place to pontificate when we murdered and stole for a living. That seems like a particularly weak take to me, though - even if you assume that the "hooders" and the runners who give back to their communities are few and far between, in real life murderers and gangsters in prison aren't known for getting along very well with sex offenders, especially when kids are involved.

>he figured we were in no place to pontificate when we murdered and stole for a living
>GM not getting Shadowrun this hard
Has he read none of the backstory or what?

All the time.

But we operate on a system that allows it a little bit . We worked out that the GM mentions the general ideas of some runs ahead of time (email, messages, groupchat) and the group decides out of character then what might be the most reasonable / interesting option, depending on how we feel and how we think our characters feel.

Thay way we act as the pre-filtering process that the Fixer is already going through, but we don't end up having to turn down an actual offer at the meeting unless something comes up. It's a question of communicaton ahead of time and of expectations.

( The assumption being the fixer who sets you up knows not to offer to your team something your team would not already have a high chance of accepting, so the GM goes:

1) Kidnap this person
2) Wetwork, kill this gang
3) Cover up details of child prostitue death

And everyone goes "Hm, well, 3 sounds interesting, but The Hacker and the Stabber would not accept. I vote for 1)". Then in game, when we meet, the Fixer can happily say "I have a job offer for you" and we know it's likely to be one we're interested in accepting, for the most part.)

i agree with your decision; i would have done the same.
stealing and murdering doesn't mean you have no morals. having no morals gets you extra karma at chargen

I don't want to kill them. Just maim them at most while maintaining some sense of their agency such that they might still escape.

They're not killing anyone that'd get them docked pay. Theyre killing future plot hooks and contacts.

murder's a crime. have their biometric data end up on the victim or they get tracked by blood mages. maybe someone just noticed they went missing, hired a P.I. and ambushes the group

Nope, but I'm also playing a .005 Essence cyberpsychotic with disassociative personality disorder and a superhuman complex. I have however had to deal with my other runners taking a run for purely ethical reasons.

Some corp docs fucking around with metahuman fertility and doing shady shit. Myself and the other Sam -- the only metahumans in the party, I'm an elf and he's an orc -- couldn't give less of a shit and the pay was garbage, but we had some bizarre bleeding hearts among the humans in our group that insisted we do it and took to it with an almost crusader-like zeal. It did end with my getting to shove a corporate suit out of the back out our T-Bird woven into the strings.

Does Shadowrun 4th edition work in roll20? Should I use some other thing for it? I have friends who use MapTool but I'm hesitant to learn how to use it.

I don't see why it wouldn't. Just remember to roll as Xd6>5.

Honestly the list of rules on Runnerhub borders on fucking insanity but they do have a couple of goods ones.

The amended Addiction Rules are easier to parse than the RAW ones.

It works just like a charm. They have integrated Shadowrun character sheets and the macro system allows you to make nice macros to limit the numbers of time you have to go back and look at the book.

Map system is decent but requires innovation or online maps if you want them.

Token systems and whatnot is ace to keep up with the math nightmare that is SR.

I've read the section over a dozen times and I still don't understand the addiction rules. Part of it is that I'm retarded I'm sure, but still.

>but the GM hasn't seemed very happy about the decision. Partially because he had to throw out a session he'd planned,

Throw out? ???

Good GMs copy. Great GMs steal. Best GMs... recycle.

To my understanding, it works like this

When you take a drug, it sets a timer. In (11-Addiction Rating) weeks, you have to roll an addiction test. Every week you go without taking the drug decreases the threshold by 1, until it hits 0. When it hits 0, you're essentially free of the addiction. However, if you take the drug again before you hit the week that timer is set for, your threshold resets to where it was.

So, for example, if you take Kamikaze (Rating 9, Threshold 3), in 2 weeks you make an addiction test. Every week you go without the drug, the threshold drops by 1, so when you make your addiction test, assuming you haven't taken any more, you have to make an addiction test at Threshold 1.

However, if you take it just before you make the addiction test, the Threshold is back at 3. That's why Kamikaze is easier to get addicted to than other drugs.

How many of you play on Roll20 vs playing at a physical table?

RunnHub has two tests. The first is for when you have to make an Addiction Test.

Whenever you take a drug, you make an Addiction Test using the Rating of the drug versus the Threshold as determined by how often you've used the drug, plus-minus any bonuses or penalties. If you get more than the threshold in hits, you then have to make Addiction Resistance Tests appropriate to the type of drug. For example Jazz is psychological and physiological, so you have to make both resistance tests. Fail either one and you're addicted to the substance.

It's substantially easier than the 11 weeks shenanigans.

Ooh, perfect. A few of them actually had SINs.
I'll use the doc wagon thing later. This is a bit more measured.

>Supporting Runnerhub
Yekka, no. You're from here, not there. Fuck those cunts.

But I like being helpful :

I like being helpful too, but FUCK living campaigns and everyone who participates in them.

Thing about the EBR is that a fully partitioned 122 with Depleted Uranium pales in stopping power.

17P -11 AP looks amazing on paper, but the EBR (or any assault rifle, and even some shotguns) can Triple Burst with APDS. Those AP-1 rifles turn into AP-15 real easy, inflict dodge penalties, and just remain monstrous.

Help us, not reddit. Fix shifters already.

I saw a video that referenced that once you hack a host you no longer have any noise penalties to it... even if you're a million miles away. Am I missing something about hosts or grids here? Don't you always suffer noise based on where your meat-space bod is?

How would cops react to pixies in areas where they can't get a SIN at all?

A fly swatter

I don't get the stigma against pixies, anyways.

Is it a problem with the type of player who plays pixies? Or just an issue of the race in and of itself?