Starfinder General /sfg/

Starfinder General /sfg/

Alien Archive Leak Edition:
What are you most looking forward to?

/pfg/ unified link repository (trove contains all current leaked PDFs in Starfinder folder): pastebin.com/fr9piFCi

/sfg/ unified link repository: pastebin.com/BBVzM7tm
Cheatsheet: paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk2n?Starfinder-Cheat-Sheet
FAQ: paizo.com/starfinder/faq

Old Thread:

>Page 8
>No anime
>Actual link to a working trove

Friendly reminder that there is nothing wrong with anime.

Yeah, lets just all... h- hold hands!

We had the Vesk trying that with the Nagarta. They can do subterfuge, but at 7+ feet tall, disguise isn't their strong suit.

However, they do have an interesting angle I don't see too much in alien fiction. What happens after the conquest? What happens when your throwaway technology is an upgrade to the natives, who are happier now that their dictators have been removed?

If Stellaris has taught me anything, the natives turn into selfish cunts and rebel against the people that uplifted them.

What would you think of a race with this setup?

HP 7
+2 Str
+2 Con
-2 Dex

Iron Constitution - Can re-roll a fort save against ingested toxins and poisons

Iron Hide- When wearing light or no armor at all the KAC is counted as 10+Con mod. If the KAC of the armor is greater that value is used instead

Natural weapons - As the Vesk ability except it applies to bite attacks

What, you don't tamper with their minds to make them more compliant?

Move speed 5 feet turtle race?

And one last one

[needs a name] - Take a -2 to any skill test that requires fine manipulation

For a scenario like this to be compelling, I think that the invaders have to be perceived as wicked, depraved and malevolent (even if it is just superficial).

Imagine that they do contribute positively to society with tech, knowledge or whatever. But then, the PCs secretly watch them ritualistically gut a kitten with their razor-sharp nails to suck out their entrails like spaghetti for breakfast, they will surely be convinced of the need to fight them.

I can imagine Vesk being jerks, trying to get natives to fight so they can get promoted.

Imagine some tweens arguing at a mall, and then a pair of heavily armed Vesk trying to egg them on, only to be disappointed when the tweens walk away.

Iron Hide seems really weak.

Non-magical Poison and Drugs would be better and I think putting a limit on it like, before result of roll is revealed or once per day would probably help.

I mean Oppression even if it's beneficial always seems wrong to people so that's "fair" that that happens.

Also it doesn't happen if you're hive mind and make them into it as well first

I should probably specify, when I said SOON I meant "pretty soon, once I get this shit cleaned up" so it's not ready yet. I'll let you know when though.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I feel like a dog waiting for a cookie.

Extremely happy, and while you know you haven't gotten it yet, you're grinning like an idiot the whole time?

More like wagging my tail in a high frequency and thinking:

CAN I HAVE IT NOW
CAN I HAVE IT NOW
CAN I HAVE IT NOW

giving food to my little daughter, hearing some radiohead and refreshing every 15''

user, sorry to get your hopes up, but it's not going to be today at the very least. Too big a book and too many other things going on. I just wanted to let everyone know that, yes, it's coming.

You're right that would have to be explicitly stated wouldn't it? Noted

I didn't know what would seem appropriate. The idea is for them is to favor melee combat so they just soak damage and go int and wade into a group. What would be a good way of scaling their natural armor?

No I forgot to add their speed but they are 30 feet per round

Don't worry about it.

No worries, user. Your efforts are appreciated.

BTW, do you plan to post per page jpgs (like with the CRB) or a pdf?

Playing that by ear. The PDF itself hasn't even been fully cleaned yet, but I'm definitely not posting that as-is.

0/10 not turtle race

Good to know though I am sad it's not coming today, seeing as I'm GM'ing again tomorrow. I have enough to work with as is but I would've liked to have all the new races so my NPC's would be the RAW versions.

Would it be possible to get the table of contents at least?

I've recently joined a Starfinder game and want to make some custom stuff for my character. Are there any do's and don'ts involving homebrew in 3.PF-eqse methods? I'm not new to RPG's, but am to 3.5e/PF/Starfinder.

What do you want to make?

Mainly some feats for now. I wanted to import some stuff/ideas from Borderlands/X-COM and that seemed to be the easiest way to do so.

I've mainly played Fantasycraft/4e/5e before, which had drastically different levels of power in their feats it appears. I do like new Cleave though.

Do not try to run a 3.PF class in SF.
If you aren't remaking the entire class from the ground up, there's too many system assumptions not in place in Starfinder.
For the most obvious example I could think of, Bardic Performance has absolutely no place in SF due to the removal of iterative attacks; the bonus is far too large, consistent, and available.

Well I don't know anything about PF as I've never played it. Though I assumed that was one of the things, hell they mention that in the corebook for Starfinder even.

Bards look like they had Envoy's replace them, so I'll use those instead for balancing.

Go ahead and post your ideas, we'll check them over

ahahaha did that baneposting OP get banned and his thread deleted?

Baneposting OP? Explain and post more landscapes. I'm going to wipe my PC and will need them in a few

last OP was a baneposter. a picture from a movie, not a picture from Veeky Forums, his thread must have gotten deleted and him banned for being off topic.

good. wont see him for 3 days.

There's nothing wrong with liking anime but there is shitloads wrong with anime cmon

This is said better than I've ever been able to articulate it.

anime is fine if it is on topic anime.
if you post a god damned random magical girl then anime is not fine.
not fine at all.

People say AA is live, where is it?

It's not, Leakanon is cleaning it and will likely post it some time tomorrow. The thread subject comes from a misunderstanding that he was going to start posting once the new thread popped up.

So if I posted a magical girl shooting a laser while talking about the party member who is using a magical girl aesthetic for her solarian?

Nope, wasn't deleted, it just didn't get bumped and fell into the archive.

Awesome, thanks!

im about 90% sure that my party is indentured crew on a demon ship.

im scared anons.

Sounds like a railroad to me

btw no SF gm screen yet?

Posting Nanoha attracts more problems than it solves, animeposter.

Posting Ange in the other hand is fine

Well actual armor would be KAC and EAC, and scale at about their level + DEX + 2-4

It's such a mystery.

Heres the nagarta PDF if anyone needs it.
it pretty much done, but if anyone wants changes i will do them. i think ima add a small ships section, and maybe a section describing Asteria. then it will be done. Are the planet people still here? if they want to build a plant race and put it in the charybdis system with nagarats i will help you.

>planet people
*plant people

IT BEGINS!

So far they're scant.

1) Holo-Targetting: Whenever a heavy single target weapon is used to attack, supressive, or covering fire on a target then all allies gain a +1 bonus to hit against the target until the beginning of the user's next turn. This works on Supressive Fire but does not work on the cone AoE automatic fire can give nor can repeated attacks on a target stack. Wondering if it should increase to +2 bonus at a higher level or BAB but I don't know the math of the system.

2) Elemental Burst: Choose an element. Killing an enemy with that element causes a small explosion, dealing the same damage type to all nearby enemies. Wondering if it should only be weapon fusions/spells that trigger this or if anything is fine. No idea how much damage his should be though.

3) Overwatch: While an enemy is under supressive and/or covering fire, then any attempt to move from their location allows the user to use his swift action to make an immediate attack of opportunity. Perhaps an upgrade feat later on that allows you to make an AoO whenever the target attempts to attack an ally as well. A Soldier with Focus Fire and Supressive Fire being able to declare intention to potentially attack all targets locked down, accepting modifiers to his attack roll in exchange for potentially punishing all of them?

Probably more ideas in the future but all I got for now. Again I have no idea about the balance of this game game.

The idea in mind for this race was they have low dex and high con because they basically tank damage. Can't really justify EAC so having a high KAC made sense

So perhaps level +con and replaces the KAC of light armor if it's greater?

>Can't really justify EAC
why not?
give your turtles ceramicy turtle shells

I actually had them as 12 foot tall dog like giants who stand on their hind legs but it seems people like the idea of giant turtles more so I'll leave this for the crowd:

Giant wolf people or giant turtle people?

Something wrong with giant wolf-turtle people?

So a snapping turtle?

Starting a starfinder campaign on Saturday. Can anyone tell me generally how I should build a vesk blitz fighter?

If it's a Min/Max group then build it optimally with whatever is missing and you'll enjoy.
If it's going to be a more RP focused game then do whatever you want.

Well I guess giant snapping turtles it is. Is there still room for PC races in the solar system the Nagarta (or whatever they are called now) exist in?

The fluff I had was they were short lived primatives who lived on a world full of mega flora and fauna, and fought to form Tribes as a means of passing on their names. Some Tribes sided with the Vesk and others sided with various other groups (as well as criminals) and made it off world where their experiences allowed them to come back and make stronger, and longer lasting clans because their founders were stronger (and older and wiser) changing the social dynamics of the race.

I can roleplay we'll but I also want to be effective in combat. I'm an experienced pathfinder and 3.5 player and I know how combat driven they can be because it lends itself to storytelling as well as the roleplay aspect does.

>Well I guess giant snapping turtles it is.
snapping turtles are fun
>Is there still room for PC races in the solar system the Nagarta
yes!
>The fluff I had was they were short lived primatives who lived on a world full of mega flora and fauna, and fought to form Tribes as a means of passing on their names. Some Tribes sided with the Vesk and others sided with various other groups (as well as criminals) and made it off world where their experiences allowed them to come back and make stronger, and longer lasting clans because their founders were stronger (and older and wiser) changing the social dynamics of the race.
sounds neat to me

where do you want them to be in the charybdis system? their own planet? moon?

That might be the dumbest thing I have heard. Your fleshy bits defend against lasers and clubs with about the same level of ineptitude, but if you had natural armor capable of deflecting bullets it would be able to withstand energy weapons too.

>where do you want them to be in the charybdis system? their own planet? moon?
Probably another moon around Kithairon.

Any reason why the race references the Pathfinder Bard for their rules? That shit needs to be transcribed into the block.

It's only when I'm trying to make handouts for my campaigns that I wish I was an art person.

k, ill drop some art for jungle planets and space turtles. and help you build them if you want.

>ny reason why the race references the Pathfinder Bard for their rules? That shit needs to be transcribed into the block.
written for a chan audience that knows how to search the d20PFSRD. its also kinda a detailed ability that wouldnt fit nicely, imo. correct me if im wrong, tho.

do you want these guys to be a full playable race or NPCs?

I think I might play a badass loose cannon cop named Dwight Grimm. Fuck lizard people.

Scalie plz go watch Rick and Morty elsewhere

user, serious question.

Does working on this changes your perspective on Paizo's own work? If so, for the better or worse?

Hey jerk me off you faggot bitch a rookie who knows the stakes but refuses to accept them.

PC race although I envison their ascendance to a star faring race comes from being exploited or purposfully allowing themselves to be exploited. They're not deep or terribly complicated and make for good beat sticks walk up to you and bite you if they don't have a weapon in hand (because they have chubby stubby fingers good for holding things)

What do their babes look like?

Not the PDF user, but it is a mixed bag.

Paizo has book constraints to deal with. They can only put so much stuff out when having to consider dead trees.

That said, I think most people would agree that Veeky Forums can make some really good species. There's just a lot of ideas and options right there if you want to play one.

Depending on how the Alien Archive and similar books will effect how people see their Starfinder efforts

smaller versions of their adult forms, their shells are smooth and of a tough leather texture that grows ridges and gets hardern over time because of they eat minerals along with meat and veggies as well as hardening from being attacked and play fighting. Their beaks get longer as they age and have corse spiny hairs around their necks as well.

Bet your character can barely hold a gun. Play one of those four armed alien things and he might be able to handle a pistol.

Who tends to employ them in the Vast?

ok so what do you think of this:

CROMATOPHORE FINS
Nagartas can use their color changing head fins to communicate in a unique visual language. The fins can also create rapidly changing, mesmerizing patterns to cause one or more creatures to become fascinated.Each creature to be fascinated must be within 40 feet, able to see the nagarta, within line of sight, and capable of paying attention to him. The Distraction of nearby combat or other dangers prevents the ability from working. For every three levels a bard has attained beyond 1st, he can target one additional creature with this ability.
Each creature within range receives a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the nagarta’s level + the nagarta’s Cha modifier) to negate the effect. If a creature’s saving throw succeeds, the nagarta cannot attempt to fascinate that creature again for 24 hours. This is extraordinary mind affecting ability.

i never did like their races, which is why i made these guys. i honestly think that paizos races are kinda...not exactly well thought out. on the other hand it gives me respect for the conciseness of their writing. i havent read the fluff for their merfolk race yet, but the racial traits are incredibly uninspiring (cold resist and shit like that, awful)

do you think its good? any improvements you would make?

more alien jungle.
that could be fun, the game doesnt have any primitive playable races yet AFAIK. ill look for names for their moon.

I bet your character drops and bends over for every enemy he comes across and also cry's at every challenge and pees and poops himself because he's too dumb to use a toilet a dumb poopy baby like a little piece of shit

>Who tends to employ them in the Vast?

Depends. They tend to make for bodyguards and labourers so various pirate groups and criminal outfits will buy slaves (sold by other tribes) or recruit them into their ranks and they may get picked up for various gladiator game shows as well. The price for their service is their food needs, they can eat a lot of things but if you piss one off they also don't have a problem with eating other humanoids as well. If they are able to strike out on their own they will often sell themselves as mercenaries and guards. Their options are limited because they arn't good for fine manipulation and subtelty isn't a word that exist for them

I like the fin thing. Sounds perfect for an anime game where the Nagarta keeps dazzling the person they are tsundere towards

So I can understand the rest, but elaborate on them being slaves. For their size, how well do they take to being in situations where they could end up being owned by an Ysoki or a Gnome?

As for TV appearance, they would make decent midbosses and higher.

I didn't think about that but now that's interesting. I imagine for some it's another test in their ability to survive, the jungles of their homeworld is harshe and unforgiving by itself but being made to do just manual labor is so easy some may try and find ways of escaping (simply by biting their bonds and killing everything in site) or take the chance to get stronger Conan style. I would think most people who have them as slaves would realize they are better used for fighting although that doesn't mean they can't be broken or drugged (it's just harder to do because of their racial resistance to poisons).

A smart Ysokai or Gnome would realize that they are better used for fightan and let them do what they do best

I would simplify to targeting up to their CHA mod (min 1). So:

>... As a full round action, a number of creatures up to the Nagarta’s Charisma modifier (minimum 1) that can see her must make a will save (DC 10 + ...) or be fascinated for one minute or as long as the Nagarta uses this ability. If a creature’s...

what are the advantages and disadvantages of that?
much more powerful at lvl 1. idk if a race trait should be that powerful

How good are they with family?

You said the slaves would be captured enemies and the like, would they be able to accept Alium families as their own?

Nescus for their planet name?
like? no like?

Sounds too much like a disease

herers other options from a kind user in a previous thread

Akasha
Krinalle
Kurvenne
Nescus
K'thir
Quellte
Venoure
Xirana
Pemelle
Lascera
Nexenvon
Thraxus
Therach
Rothe
Yvanna
Pemelle
fellsette
Yihrax
Viola
Kyrax
Sarethe
Khufu
yviss
zupelle

That's a good question, I suppose it depends on the individual. If they had time to be a part of their race they have a simplistic belief in right makes right. Even as strong as they are they live on what is essentially a deathworld and there are monsters stonger than they are, they just get by because they can use tools and are omnivorous. So in the case of a space faring Arocku (that's what I'm calling them, open to different names) they may try to take charge of a group even if they do listen to the smart one of the group that lets them do what they do best.

Well, you've got a few.oppottunites to set up some lore and background stuff for them. A Nativeborn has the might makes Right mentality baked in, while a spaceborne one is more malleable. Maybe a story of one getting bought and dealing with their much smaller owner and another where they show up under the employ of the Space!Yakuza.

one of the issues i have with tribal peoples is that it kinda makes them uninteresting by default. tribal people are all kinda slightly different flavors of vanilla, they cant really have governments or economies or technology. so you gotta give them something else, like religion or something

The idea is that they don't have some kind of unifed government or kingdom or whatever. Their tribes come and go just as quickly as anything else with some tribes lasting maybe 30 years at best before they either become part of another tribe or disperse (or are killed) And even then these tribes are influnced by the forces that interact with them. The ones that had regular contact with pirates and criminals start getting into things like slavery and even selling the eggs of their defeated foes to potential buyers. Those that have come back have better organized tribes with rudimentary tech such as actual fortifications and weapons to help them hold the line against others so Arocku from such tribes might also be maliable even if they still have the Might makes Right belief tempered by the fact they may have more regular contact with aliens rather than more primative Arocku still out in the world.

ah ok thats a pretty good theme actually. a society going through the convulsions of transforming from a tribal society to getting technology from outsiders. you might want to take some inspiration from american indians in that regard

or south asian indians / africans during colonial times

so do you want to start a PDF for them? or start an article on 1d4chan?

I do like the idea of a race existing only in the present, with no real history to rely on. While still suited to the murderhobos among us, the idea that people are barely seeing your species for the first time every time is kind of cool