Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Real men edition

Last >Warhammer Community news(New FAQs for Codex: Death Guard, Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus and more)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/01/new-faqs-for-codex-death-guard-codex-adeptus-mechanicus-and-moregw-homepage-post-4/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

aren't Chaos Space Marine players more likely guys who were bullied at school, and know wants to take revenge?
I know what I am talking about, I am a Chaos Marine player too

my dudes > your dudes

Yeah they are usually edgy skinny little fags.

True patricians play guard.

Full AM codex when.

Shit OP, CSM are for edgy scrawny DYEL teenagers with pizza face.

All the chads I've met play either Orks or Guard.

I think being bullied st school is something all 40k players have in common. The revenge thing might be right.
t. another CSM Player

It's the last link in the OP

If the army you play paints a picture of who you are then what would nid players be?

I’ve been mulling over ideas for a 40k fan film
Basically I wanna make an adaptation of a significant moment in the canon, as opposed to the norm which seems to be day-in-the-life events of a particular faction
Before I start really nailing ideas down, thought I’d ask, what would you guys like to see?

Fall of Cadia

Name , they deserve it!.

How strong would a large volume of S4 shots be? I have my Taurox Prime built with the Gatling Cannon, Storm Bolter and the Hotshot Volley Guns. I also just found a way to convert 9 Acolytes for my Inquisitor so they all have Storm Bolters. If I hop out, I'm pretty sure that's 68 S4 shots.

>People actually want tau auxiliary forces
But why tho?
If they don't want to play Tau then play something else

Tell me about this way you found

Is using a Plagueburst Crawler at 1000 points a bit of a dick move?
It doesn't look like it will be dishing out an absurd amount of damage, but it has high toughness and 3 different saves, so I imagine it would be a bit of a pain for most lists to destroy.

I just faced one those today.

Very strong and annoying.

its not just 68 S4 shots, its paying a pittance for 68 S4 shots

>He does not do the kroot conga line.

No it's pretty average. A las predators better

War of the False Primarch or this new gem of fluff.

>Purity of Cause
>Endeavouring to forget the corruption of the previous millennium, the Adeptus Ministorum seek penance by conquering the xenos-filled Benedictine Sub-sector. The Black Templars send their entire Chapter to fight alongside five orders of Sisters of Battle and massed armies of faith.
>Several Aeldari worlds are captured, and in the ensuing conflicts, two High Marshals are slain in swift succession. The Ecclesiarch himself declares an end to the war, claiming that they had achieved enough in the Emperor’s name and recalling his armies. New High Marshal Constantine continues the crusade regardless, and the Black Templars alone successfully cleanse the remaining worlds of xenos.

I wouldn't say so. Guard tend to have Lemon Russes at that level.

Fuck I take them at 500 points.

>>why does the tau empire want to play a combination of allied xenos?
I feel like you are the one not understanding the tau here, user

No, because I'm not a homo

No it's just you pathetic CSMfags.

Well done you just killed 15 conscripts. Good luck killing the other 285.

>Alone

Seems unlikely. A marine chapter alone doesn't have the numbers to genocide one world let alone multiple.

What players are the best?
What are the worst?
For me, half of the ork player base is the best. Sick conversions, good paint jobs. Generally enjoy the hobby.
The worst are necron and the other half of the ork base.
>calling you a git
>Talking in a shit cockney accent
>literally WAAAGHing
Just. Why?

Women

Think of it as a clever use of the rules.

Good thing Templars don't stick with codex-approved chapter sizes.

>he wastes points on 120 extra unnecessary conscripts
Do you even top netlists, faggot

What about orks?

Orks for reasons you mention as worst.

Ultra Cringe.

That's why cyclonic torpedoes exist.

um. yeah they do lol. A single company of marines could do it.

There 28 guard stratagems, 8 regiment specific
Aerial Spotter, Consolidate Squads, Crush them!, Defensive Gunners, Fight to the Death, Go! Recon!, Inspired Tactics, Mobile Command Vehicle, Opening Bombardment, Officio Prefectus Command Tank, Vengeance for Cadia, Vortex Missile, Take Cover, Grenadiers
Thats 14 more, what i forgot?

Half of the chapter would do, especially when leaded by chapter master.

As if taufags aren't hated enough.

You can go out of the way to make yourself an asshole, or you can try and minimize the bullshit.

don't wanna shatter your dreams, but GW took a lawsuit against a fan-film once
just keep that in mind

Space yiffs. Loud obnoxious dude beer lmao waacfags with cringy conversions.

I had no problems with it when jeanstealers would run onto the edge of the board and eat a squad for free back in 4th.

Get the fuck out WAACfag.

Good. Now to decide if I should use the Bloat Drone that come in the Dark Imperium box, or a Blight-Hauler as well.
On one hand, I already have the drone, and Plague Marine models are disgustingly expensive already, but on the other, the hauler looks so much better.

The Relic one

Were you not here for the last 2 generals and "if you tell a WAACfag to tone it down that means you care about winning and are the real WAACfag"

>>worst
Slaanesh players who insert their creepy fetishes into your game for voyeurism
>>best
Probably your average ork player, yeah.

Special shit tier mention: chaos players obsessed with their own victim culture such that they cannot enjoy any games.

>Implying tau aren't underpowered as fuck right now
>Implying guard aren't the new tau

I dont even play conscripts you nigger.

Yes. 5 more to go. I feel like i forgot something.

You play Guard, you're a waacfag.

You're just mad that the based guy suing GW is a Space Wolves player.

What's Kirby's cock taste like?

This is the exact loadout I've been running for awhile. 3 Gatling taurox loaded up with 5-10 acolytes w/ stormbolters each has been ridiculously effective at clearing out hordes (conscripts, poxwalkers, cultists and plaguebearers). If you really want to run acolytes then the taurox is by far the best transport you can get them.

Cry harder. I can smell your tears from here.

mah nigga

mk. sorry i did not forsee the new edition back in 6th.

Any of these for the other factions?

Who?

>plays guard
>calls others niggers

You're the nigger, nigger!

what does "waacfag" mean sorry I'm new senpai.

>100 men could wipe a planet clean of it's inhabitants

You know they aren't conquering in a decapitation strike right?

I got a Skitarri Vanguard box for their helmet heads and whatever spare parts I wanted for other kitbashes, so I used their robed heads and bodies, then I used my spare Catachan arms from the Catachans I made as my penal Conscripts. And then I ordered Storm botlers from ebay. They look kind of silly, but I like them. They look like buff cultists. Sort of like if these dudes from the Mortal Kombat movie wore a full outfit.
Nice, but also sounds no fun for you.
That's true, it's a lot of shots for pretty cheap. Thankfully Acolytes aren't 3 wounds anymore.
Thankfully I'm one of few Guard/Inquistion/Ministorum players at my store so I don't have to face Conscript spam. I don't plan on using Conscripts much after the codex drops anyway. I want to make them into full infantry squads so I can have my Catachan penal legions have flamers and power swords.
Great news. I always like running Inquisitors and Scions, but I wanted to start running Acolytes. I haven't used my Taurox Prime yet since I always deepstrike my Scions. I figured this would be a nice combo.

Fuck you double nigger.

>Worst
Guardfags

They think they're fluffy and unique while secretly being waac as fuck and literal neo Nazis . Games devolve into them shooting you with their OP bullshit then crying when you can do anything good back because 'they're only humans'

Best

Tau players are legit bro tier now. Since all the WAACfags left they're the best, most laid back, down to earth players as they don't have all the grind dark circlejerk bullshit like chaosfags nor the holier than thou shit impeuralfags do

>Men

They are space marines.

They could decapitate then slowly kill off the population with nobody to lead them.

No, no we don't.

Now that’s just confusing
They’re fully behind that Lord Inquisitor film

There are only 25 Guard Stratagems. You're missing 2 of them.

There's one that heals a vehicle, Field Repairs or something. One more.

Why you...you...ULTRANIGGER

t. tau player that spammed tides last edition

>Kirby

What happened on Molech
You can make some real kino shit with that

Best:
Ork players aslong as they don't get too mega autistic.
Worst:
Certain CSM players or Tau players. *tips black fedora

>A single company of marines could do it.
>I don't understand how numbers work.

>Nice, but also sounds no fun for you

I won in the end but it was the most annoying thing on the table.

So if FW is so unacceptable, should I not be putting my Sisters in Repressors?

100 marines could purge a planet.

What dont you get?

Don't drop your conscripts/coins buddy :^)

HOW DARE YOU TURBONIGGER

I know what you mean. I have moments like that where I win, but my opponent either used an annoying unit, or did annoying moves and even though I won, it was just so frustrating.

I also run scions w/ the acolytes but I always deepstrike them in. The taurox is so good even without anything in it. I have had a few games where the taurox has been able to pick up a unit of scions after they deepstruck down.

>They are fancy sci-fi spec ops so them not having the numbers to do something magically doesn't matter

>MY SHIT IS NOT META AND OP LIKE LAST EDITION LET ME BITCH ABOUT IT ONLINE

LMAOING @ your life familam

They definitely couldn't if the writers were being even slightly realistic.

It's mostly a meme but some cheese units are FW. SoB aren't bad and the Repressor is actually good so I wouldn't be surprised if someone whines about it but anyone familiar with long term SoB players who had FW and not just immo spam will be used to the Repressor.

"One man can murder a world given sufficient time and the fortitude to wield the blade again and again and again until death's work is done"
Mortarion

Best: Eldar Players
Worst: Eldar Players

This. Underagefags with no understanding of warfare pls go.

What loadout do you like on your scions? I have three squads, one unbuilt. One is volleyguns one is melta. Not sure what to do with the third or which to make a command squad

About 5 companies of Ultras took fully awaken Tomb World.
1 company can murder normally populated world.

Nah, there 28, they said it in white dwarf

Good thing Templars are rumored to be around 6000 men or more, all they would need to do is crush the enemy's orbital defences and start nuking shit until there's nothing left.

HQ
x3 Shadowseer

Troops
x3 Troupes x5
x5 Caress, x5 Fusion Pistol

Transport
x3 Starweaver

Fast Attack
x2 Skyweavers x3
x3 Zephyrglaive, x1 Haywire Cannon

Heavy Support
Voidweaver x2

Voidweaver
Prismatic Cannon

Conundrum:
You have a match against Person A.
Person A plays a guard army, however, this guard army is actually his Militarum Tempestus army from last edition, and he in insistent on maintaining that theme.
He is thinking of adding some non-scion things to his list, however only one or two things, and they will still fit thematically (for example, a sniper squad, or a mortar squad that has the crew built with spare Scion bits).

Now for the question:
Does person A play to WAAC, or is he bro-tier.
Do you refuse to play against him regardless of the content of his list, because the first thing you see is his Guard codex.

It's 28 including the 3 generic ones. I've seen the book and counted them, they have 25.

Win At All Costs, a faggot

>please play against my guard, pretty please

People don't get that marines are superior to their shitty irrelevant faction

Plasma is typically the bread and butter for scions. You can deal with both heavy infantry and vehicles as long as you're dropping them with a tempestor.

Sufficient time being in the hundreds of years.