Favorite monster synergies?

don't really care about system/edition/etc.
>pic related

>favorite monster synergies?

Sure, I don't think I've ever seen anybody ask this before.

Centaurs & Humans.
Orcs & Ogres.
Goblins & Trolls.
And Cyclopes & Gorgons.

Without getting into any unwarranted and long-winded explanations, those are my most favorite monster/racial combinations or synergies.

Drow + giant spiders

Drow can make darkness, giant spiders can use their webs/tremor sense to navigate/fight in darkness.

A lagor.
Then 14 more lagors.

Lagors hunt in packs lord inquisitor.

Do you want synergies having to do with Mechanics in order to make an encounter harder or having to do with Aesthetics so you can improve atmosphere?

Dragonnes can roar to reduce Str & Dex significantly and this can be combined with Shadows, Spiders that can web and so on.

Sexy women + giant snakes.

yes to both

I like Gnolls with tamed/enslaved minotaurs. I have them play out kind of like pic related.

Dragon, who has hired a few parties of adventurers to aid it in its various moneymaking endeavours

Hobgoblins and Bugbears

Goblins and wolves

Flesh golems and shock lizards

Kobolds and Dire Weasels

2 different lycanthrope species

>making a deal with a dragon
Dumbest motherfuckers.

I know of some tropes/stories along this vein, but never considered it. The stupidity of 'good and bad dragons are color coded' in dnd takes away the opportunity for: dragons as Faustian demons, manipulating human politics like Bayaz in the First Law series, or simply greedy canniving assholes and you don't know what you're dealing with.

I could see dragons in bed with dopplegangers, evil kenku-like species, or a pack of intelligent dire animals it uses to elimnate problematic individuals.

Did you miss the shadowrun reference? your reply seems a bit oblivious.

I can't think of many synergistic race interactions... neanderthals and dwarves maybe?

Dragons and kobolds is vaguely classic, but not very interesting...

Dinosaur Cavalry- does that count?

What about lich+dinosaurs?

love this. sauce?

Medusa's and Gorgons or Basalisks and Cockatrices.

Ratfolk and giant cockroaches.

Lizardmen and Dinosaurs and the patrician combination

Surprise, not everybody plays Shadowrun.

TwoDee's shadowrun storytime should be mandatory reading, though.

But nah, everyone has their own tastes. I do recommend the Shadowrun setting (perhaps not the system), but you do you, man.

>adventurer
>not runner
Not all of us are blessed with people who've advanced beyond dnd

Orcs and Dwarves.