/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Princess of the Asur edition

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Previous thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7i4d3ignBNQ
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158732146
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158740048
manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/abyssal-dwarfs/product/abyssal-dwarf-lesser-obsidian-golems-troop-3.html
youtube.com/watch?v=erZH-vW32lM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>there is no model elf female in armor

Eternal Guard as chicks in the unit, they wear armour.. if you can call 6+ that

There are female dark elf warriors. Proxies of female high elves exist.

>GW
>individual models
Nah thanks, they really sucks in facejob

Eternal Guard models have basically an armored skirt.

If you fired one of these from a longbow, would it pierce two layers of armour?

>There are female dark elf warriors
You mean? Except witches, if course.

What did he mean by this, we may never know

yes

Ok, /wfg/ what were your first impressions and feelings when you saw this trailer for the first time?
youtube.com/watch?v=7i4d3ignBNQ

Legit teared up, I ain't afraid to admit that nigga
Player Total War since forever, loved WHFB since forever
The second it went up for pre-order I bought that shit

Eh. Not traditional games.

>vidya related to Veeky Forums is not traditional games.

It is Warhammer Fantasy, though. And thats what counts

Someone needs to post that Commander Keen list again.

Commander Keen rule

It's also the only thing you're gonna get because DEAD GAME

>DEAD GAME
>/aosg/
>106 posts
>/wfg/
>17 posts
Based GW, what went so right?

20 minutes old thread vs almost 11 hours old thread, I don't know what your point is

stop baiting. you will never become a master baiter using such pathetic, unoriginal bait.

Skaven dig into catacombs, as they are wont to do, come across the body. It's not like the others, slaves bring it back to boss-leader. Backstabbing party commences. Moulder want to use it for genesplicing, greyseers want to control the magic around him, and skryr want that ring to power machines. Eventually, some upstart find the ring, and thinks vlad will reward him of he put it on his body (bad ideas are a skaven virtue). Vlad dad wakes up, and blenders his way out of the tunnels, begins the trek back to put a boot up mannlets ass.

RAW? I would rule yes, Because the AP is intrinsic to the bow and the special round.

but he takes the betraying Skaven with him as a foot lacky just so we have an exscuse to have Vlad using a skaven as a foot stool

The thought of vlad having an Igor style skaven undead Butler, following him around with his weapons and drinks makes me happy
>yes-yes most dreadful of dreadlords
>I quick-fast to masters bidding
>humble dead-rat has brought your wine, master of murder and death

Vlad is a man of class, he would never soil his presence with a disugsting ratman.

Are Ogres Kingdoms a good counts-as army for Sigmarines?

Ogre Kingdoms are good for Ogre Kingdoms

hey since the workshops out these are out right now, enjoy laddos.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158732146
varied hydras

and
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158740048

unlocks all the minor factions for use in custom battles+multiplayer if you all have the mod

also unlocks lizardmen blessed spawn and alistair the white lion for high elves

Thanks genius, but are they good for a counts-as army for Stormcast Eternals?

I suppose a few units make good parallels. Ironguts match up well with retributors, judicators with leadbelchers, etc. Just bear in mind OK favour a headlong charge strategy to benefit from the monstrous infantry rules, which may or may not line up with what you imagine.
Also, a lot of units like prosecutors or vanguard don't really fit in the OK list.

Dead game
Dead general
Age of Sigmar is played more and has more models bought, they even have a faster general
Looks like GW was right

>workshop is online
>check it
>almost gave up hope
>see this
hope is rekindled

which is why he forces the rat to do horrible things like bathe and groom, which horrifies the ratman.

Tormenting the Ratman by forcing him to wear nice cloths, use soap, and wear bows amuses Izabella immensely

How do you distinguish who buys old models for Warhammer and who for AoS?

Are you female by chance?

I would say anyone who is buying SCE, KO, Sylvaneth, TA, or Khorne Bloodbound are for sure buying AoS. Most other sales are probably for AoS, with a minority being for WHFB.
I'd say AoS has the majority as it has a more active community in most areas, including the internet. In addition, AoS has seen a big increase in sales, which is most likely evidence of most purchases being for it.

To you who play 9th. Is big blocks of horde guys good anymore? I'm getting this hard on for massive units since I missed most of 8th where this became a thing. Now when I'm planning my army I just want several big blocks of dudes. How many is normal for Empire to have?
Currently I have a block of 50 spearmen and 40 Imperial guard, both in horde formation. I'm thinking of adding 60 light infantry(naked dudes with paired weapons) for shits and giggles.
Is this a really bad idea or can it work? What do I use such a unit for?

I'd say a construct heavy Tomb Kings list is a good stand in for Stormcasts. They can even have bows

>general gets lapped
>jump in new thread and claim it's deaf

Kek status: top

>Vlad invents rat fancy

I don't understand what you pic has to do with you post, this thread or this board.

From this post
the wfb thread has gotten ~25 posts
the aosg thread has gotten ~120 posts
It's around 5 times as fast

Considering not that long ago WFB was crowing about how much faster they were than AoS, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

That's because the /v/ermin who come here to talk about the Total War game have middle school to go to. Once school's out for the day, this will speed up.

Is this a round about LONDON post?

>In addition, AoS has seen a big increase in sales, which is most likely evidence of most purchases being for it.
>not 1,5 years of Space Marines releases.

The butthurt is real.

I don't think he realizes the idea of bullying skaven by washing and dressing them is an old gag, and assumed anyone who would want to would be a chick.

AoS has specifically seen an increase in sales befire and after warhammer 8th.

No.

>AoS has specifically seen an increase in sales befire and after warhammer 8th.
Citation?

Where are tomb kings? Both Total War &
AoS

The face modeling for GW remains extremely bad, honestly probably the worst in the hobby bar none. Lumpy trannies were ok in the 80s, since that was all anyone could pull off, but nowadays even small games have decently modelled faces.

Elf unrelated.

GW Stockholders meeting. AoS also makes more than videogames.

LOTHERN?
O
T
H
E
R
?

That is one ugly, WoW/AoS looking bow, jesus.

All the new female models have good faces.

>AoS also makes more than videogames.
Now this one I believe, but ONLY because GW is so fucking retarded about licencing they couldn't contract themselves out of a paper bag. 'Cause TWW is the best selling game in the history of the franchise, and the sequel - while it is sitting 36% behind the first one - is still doing well and will probably increase in sales once mortal empires drop

No user, citation with prooflink, please.

Yes, because I'm that guy that says that guns get 3 Armor Piercing to make up for their shit reload and to justify them being used.

>"elf" unrelated
Well, then post related elves. I heard that there where some in the world of warhammer, the very topic of this thread.

I saw that thread, the moneymaker is 40k. The company said AoS was a 'success' but unlike other products provided no details and answered no questions. No specific figures were made available for it.

Apparently GW has cued in to the online hate they get and are attempting to seize control of the narrative again. That explains why GW is pushing hard on their community outreach site. Kirby's actions have almost all been silently but thoroughly reversed.

Ok, here's an elf.

I'm about to start a new army and really like the look of lizardmen, is there anything I should buy in particular or should I just go for the start collecting box

8th ed or 9th ed?
Or age of sigmar?

You missed the part about them having to be related to this thread. Does this count as avatarfagging yet?

What about this elf?

As much as people like Pepes, not many seem to play them.

I'm not sure why anyone would buy AoS when it's been proven GW will drop your whole line.

>tfw no Elves

>As much as people like Pepes
Never confuse meme pictures and vocal minorities on Veeky Forums with how much an army is actually played on the tabletop. If we go by the loudest voices tomb kings, lizardmen and bretonnians would be the most popular armies.

>AoS
>AoS being a thing before 8th
>40k being the only thing called warhammer in a thread about WHF

Personally, I think the dark elves had the best-looking army all around. I do really love some Empire stuff, though.

Tell me Veeky Forums what DLC facton will be first: Araby, Tomb Kings, or Albion?

>is there anything I should buy in particular or should I just go for the start collecting box
Size?

The Kangz, followed by the durkas.

I dunno when Kislev happens.

Gold mask malekith or shadow face Malekith?

wouldn't game 3 make more sense for chaos dwarfs?

Soeaking of them.
Did you guys ever seen these guy IRL
manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/abyssal-dwarfs/product/abyssal-dwarf-lesser-obsidian-golems-troop-3.html ?

Black mask

I hate snow

Well thats always been the case. And all a product has to do to beat WHFB in sales is actually sell something, anything.

AoS isn't my cuppa, though I do like the narrative idea of seizing the universe back from the darkness, rather than the reverse present in 40k and formerly in WHFB. I just wish I hadn't come at the expense of the old world.

Shit nigga here's how you relaunch ok follow me OK?

>Chaos wins and the end is night
>BUT AT THE LAST MOMENT...
>Sigmar arrives with an army of einherjar/Law Daemons, AKA Stormcasts
>he mcfucking shreks Archaeon
>He unites his powers with the avatars of all the remaining Gods, who had already been revealed by the events of End TImes
>Chaos is beaten back at the last moment but all seems lost anyway as reality itself is unraveling, the world splitting apart
>Sigmar and the combined human gods, the combined dwarven gods, and the elven gods cast about for a way to stop this
>Free'd of his mothers influence and seeing everything he fought for, for so long, slipping out of his fingers Malekith entreats Asuryan and the combined gods for the chance to undo his centuries of malfeasance
>His throne and kingship will be his reward and his sentence
>he casts aside the iron crown and rides Seraphon into the Maelstrom itself and joins his power with that of Caledor
>the blood of Aenarion allied with that of Caledor, the maelstrom widens, increasing in size exponentially to engulf that which would have once been the inner Ulthuan sea (if it hadn't sunk in ET)
>Grombrindal aka Snorri Whitebeard agrees to this only on the caveat that the blood of Aenarion will NEVER rule over the elves as their king again. Nor will the grudge be forgotten
>with the power of chaos being siphoned off, the Lizardmen, whose pyramids have taken up geostationary orbit, engage the global geomantic web to further reinforce the world and blast the remaining armies of chaos off the earth via LOIC
>fast foreward a millenia
WEW

What is your favorite model, user?
What is your least favorite model?

bonus question: Was there any unit, which you liked but didn't like any more(change of rules, updated model, ...)

For me it would probably be Juan Diaz Daemonettes. It embodies everything a Daemonette should be as being otherworldly, being seductive, being repulsive, being lithe, being fast and being deadly with those claw hands. Least favorite model would be the Wyvern. It looks so derpy, I don't even know where GW was going with that look.
As for the bonus question, I would say it was the flagellants. I really, really liked their old incarnation and their mordheim models, but the new one's look like ass.

Honorable mention for the most retarded model in WHFB would be the soul grinder. Too scifi and 40k-y for my tastes and totally unfitting for the tone the setting was going for.

Don't know as of yet, I think it'll depend of what is played at the local club
I have to admit I started considering them after playing tww2, and since most of the dwarf range have been axed...
A small army, enough to play but not going overboard

Gold. Much more visually striking than "le generic shadowlord" design and fits the idea that the armour is effectively a second body.

I'd like the mask better if it didn't look like he was trying to take a shit.

Ain't most of the past gods dead from ET?

Yes but they reappear with their godly essence being subsumed by Characters, such as Gotrek absorbing the godly power of Grimnir

There is only one 8th edition still on the market. 8th edition fantasy is entirely irrelevant in that conversation, except to say that AoS sells more than it.

>blast the remaining armies of chaos via LOIC
What does that mean ? Magical ICBM ?
Also you probably put more thought in this in 10mn than geedubs in a year

Anyone have any lewd Morathi's?

Shadow face. While I appreciate golden masked Malekith in TWWH, it looks like one of those renaissance carnival masks you see in old Italian paintings.

The slightly more impassive version is better, although I have been somewhat soured on the 'impassive gold mask' look of late.

Low Orbiting Ion Cannon
youtube.com/watch?v=erZH-vW32lM

I honestly think AoS is a better reboot than keeping it in the warhamer world with Gods reborn walking around.

Oh, woe is me I took the bait.

What's included in the starting box?
Generally you need two units of close combat dudes, a hero and some kind of monster or Big Guy(tm)