Super Powers in WW2

Hey Veeky Forums, I want to run a game for my players using the mutants and masterminds system, set during WW2. The premise is following WW1, people with facisnating abilities were discovered, and than put to use as weapons during WW2.

In a twist, my players asked if they could play as Axis soldiers, so now I need some ideas for allied super humans.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject//ore/ One Roll Engine General/type/op/
pastebin.com/F4EvqhHN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Give them the toxic economic super powers..

>In a twist, my players asked if they could play as Axis soldiers
Shouldn't be a surprise.

You just remade Godlike RPG. If you insist on M&M for familiarity, you may like Wild Cards supplement.

I'll give it a look; We are all pretty new to the system, and we thought M&M was the best system to use. For reference, here are the characters my players would like to play;

>A 12ft tall titan like man, basically like a super colossus
>A regular human who can regernerate from practically anything
>A cyborg chick with integrated jets and rockets
>A AI warbot that can estimate out comes and calculate probability.

>We are all pretty new to the system, and we thought M&M was the best system to use.
Well, like the other user said, Godlike does pretty much exactly what you outlined in the OP.
The way of creating powers may be a bit hard to get a grip on, but if you dive the archives for the ORE general threads ( archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject//ore/ One Roll Engine General/type/op/ ) there are some good examples of how to do it iirc. Well examples for Wild Talents, but by and large the underlying system for building powers is the same in the two.

So, yeah, if you are not set on using M&M yet, check Godlike out.

Ah, never mind, they have one example of power creation in a pastebin: pastebin.com/F4EvqhHN I'll still leave the link to the archives up there, if you want to dig a bit more.

>Need an idea for allied super humans
>Not doing mass produced soviet super men
>Not designating the super men with T-"Batch number" or Objekt-"spooky number"
>Not doing a fucking paratrooper regiment of power armored Americans called the screaming eagles

There's your ideas.

Have some public domain supers

Like I imagine the American Supers are full on Comic Book costumes for propaganda but everyone else wear normal uniforms

I'm pretty sure The Arrow and Marvelo are now owned by someone actually.
Black Terror and tim, and Cat and Kitten look fucking dope.

>water-theme hero fucking up U-boats
>air/storm-theme hero fucking up falchimjaeger

Alternatively,
>!Cpt America
>!Red Star
>etc.

>V-man & the V-boys
Sounds gay as fuck desu

Don't go the Über route, Sieglinde may look good, but the power gap between Supers is way too big to make a proper PnP, short of fodder crushers.

>Crimson Partisan! The One Man Resistance!
He's a Soviet version of the Multiple Man, with the amazing ability to replicate himself. He's also a master of infiltration, espionage, disguise and sabotage. Not too dangerous by himself depending on the power level, but he can throw a nasty wrench in the pc's nefarious plans.

>Mad Jack! The Greatest Soldier that Ever Lived!
An immortal British soldier skilled with every weapon ever devised. Being on the battlefield invigorates him with incredible strength and the ability to recover from any wound. He's known for erratic behavior and insane courage, and while he's more than capable of wiping out an enemy regiment by himself he's got a tendency to get in over his head and fall for obvious bait. He claims he fought in the Crusades and at Agincourt, but no one actually knows where he comes from for sure.

>Le Chevalier! Knight of the Battlefield!
A French hero who wears a suit of power armor that looks like art deco plate armor. He fancies himself a latter day Knight of the Round Table, always fighting with indomitable courage against overwhelming odds. He has a particular hatred for Vichy French fighters, seeing them as traitors to the inherent nobility of his native land, but he always shows mercy to his opponents when he can and can be relied on to conduct himself honorably in any situation. He wields an energy sword and has a seemingly indestructible shield emblazoned with his personal heraldry.

>Luke Lightning! The Fastest Gun on the Front!
An American cowboy with an outlaw aesthetic and the gift of superhuman speed. He can dodge bullets, outrun a V-2 rocket, and shoot the wings off of a fly with his eyes closed. He carries a variety of specially modified revolvers with ammunition that can achieve a variety of effects, such as stun rounds, gas rounds, etc. ala the Green Arrow.

I think they're supposed to be his sons or nephews or something

Do you want specifically Super Heroes or Super Powered people?

I imagine WW2 soldiers with super powers being aesthetically more like Cobra Unit from MGS
I like the Russkiy and the Brit, I'll give it a try

>La Ange
French lady medic that supports the troops with her incredible powers of healing. With a single touch she can restore the soldiers back to perfect health no matter how damaged they are. The most amazing thing however is that she can even bring a person back to life within 5 minutes after their death. The pressure of those 5 minutes and absolute desire to save everyone made her into a real daredevil, jumping into danger and doing crazy things just to save one more life.

>The Blind Cossack
Red Army's greatest asset in recon and Guerrilla warfare. Though physically blind, he posses the Perfect Perception - the ability to know location, form, smell and even taste of everything around him in a 10 km radius. He "sees" your every move, every breath, every beat of your heart. And he knows exactly where to point his trusty long distance rifle, specially developed by best Soviet weapon creators.

Captain Patriot can throw his star spangled flagpole spear with unerring accuracy, he never misses America's enemies!

Honest Tommy uses the power of sailor swearing and heavy banter to disrupt his enemies with the power of his voice, but only if he has his kettle hat and tea flask

The Emerald Witch, hailing from 200BC ireland, her mastery of celtic druid magic has granted her longevity and various magic spells

The forgemaster, a soviet rail engineer that discovered his proletarian resolve when he accidentally fell into an iron smelter, giving him the ability to morph his limbs into implements of work such as hammers or sickles

Major Victory does not like Dynamic Man.

V-man's clearly a preist.

>The Target and the Targeteers
I'd preferred when they were called Ellen Aim and the Attacker

>Black Terror
>and Tim

Explain to us all what Ireland is doing in this shit

what the fuck?

Nice to see this thread picked up a lottle bit! I got back in touch with my players, and sent them some info from those threads and a link to some other sources. All of them really receptive to it, and are willing to give it a shot. They all also specifically said they preferred the more "realistic" tone of it. Although I am a little concerned that it wont be able to match the power level that I was going for, which is something like Uber's, but more varied in abilities.

I am also trying to think of a more intresting, yet general term for the Superheros. I think "Elite Infantry" would work all around, and something like "Wünder-Kriegers" for the Germans.

Honestly, I planned on limiting the amount of Super Humans to a smaller amount. I think Iwould hard cap it at Russia, who would have around 20 to 30, who are mostly lower powered, with a few exceptions.

I think most of my players are going for a more art-deco/diesel punk asthetic, and with the tone of Godlike, I don't think any of those would fit. Maybe just one, and have it be the Americans headliner.

That might be a cool way to have them fight on a boat or something.

All of those are pretty good, but the thing is, the Immortal Brit already sounds too much like the Immortal German. His whole schtick is that he can regenerate any wound, and he exploits this by using shit tons of grenades and explosives upclose.

As for the speedster, I actually had an idea for a Russian Femme-fatale, codenamed "Ice Pick". Her whole thing is that she dashs through the enemy lines, puncturing people with a knife. Shes called Ice pick by because she leaves puncture wounds, and smashs into enemy lines.

Also, where does the french man get the power armor?

Those two sound pretty great. And to awnser your question, I do want more realistic hero's when it comes to their personality and background. Also, They should be soldiers and people

I understood that reference.