Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How silly is your party's overall appearance? How much attention would each character get for walking down the street in broad daylight?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/multiweapon-fighting-combat/
d20pfsrd.com/equipment/goods-and-services/ue-more-gear-4/#table-foods-spices
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is /pfg/ dead?

That we could only be so lucky.

Surprisingly 'normal' almost too normal

Yes, but the discord is moving along swimmingly!

making a monk. What's the best ways to buff his unarmed damage?

play a sacred fist warpriest instead.

if you're sold on a pure-mundane i guess beg a druid for strong jaw.

There's a discord?

Just going to repost a question I had when the old thread was going through its' death throes:

Thanks in advance.

Yes, but if you have to ask for the link you're probably going to get sent to the shit discord that's full of the riffraff.

Anyone have the PDF for the Gun Adept hybrid class, and if so, can they give me a run down? I'm not sure I want to spend money on a pdf im 50% unlikely to use.

>can only get into the /pfg/ discord if you namefag or otherwise make yourself identifiable on an anonymous imageboard

what a disaster

Dude it's $2.50. It's complete shit in all likelihood, but just throw some pocket change at it if you're interested.

Alter self

Is 3pp allowed?

So I'm working on the concept for a build called Defensive Aegis, using only 1pp content. It's a Aid Another based buffing build using Vigilantes. First I'll list out where all the feats are coming from.

>level 12 Human Avenger Vigilante

>Traits for the build
>Helpful
>Suicidal

>Items of Interest for the build:
Armor:
>Benevolent Armor

Wondrous Items:
>Gloves of Arcane Striking

>Feats for the build
Prerequisites:
>Dodge - 1st Level
>Mobility - 7th Level
>Combat Stamina - Human Bonus

Defensive Suite:
>Bodyguard - 3rd Level
>Combat Patrol - 11th Level
>Combat Reflexes - Vigilante Reflexes (2nd level talent)
>Saving Shield - 9th level
>In Harm's Way - 5th Level

Buffing Suite:
>Swift Aid - Team Player (6th level Talent)
>Caster’s Champion - Combat Skill (10th level talent)

Offensive Suite:
>Vital Strike - Vital Punishment (12th level talent)

Style Feats:
>Vanguard Style - Combat Skill (4th level talent)
>Vanguard Ward - Combat Skill (8th level talent)
>Vanguard Hustle - Training Weapon (purchased item)

What this build allows me to do, along with items is the following:
>Combat Patrol (full round action) as a large sized creature increases reach to 20ft radius around the vigilante
>Whenever anyone gets attacked within that area can increase their AC by up to 26 using various means from the feats
>able to take attacks for allies as well using these methods if necessary
>use combat maneuvers with impunity because I'm out of reach for most enemies when they try and retaliate with an AoO
>Whenever someone provokes an AoO in this range wither Vital Punishment or use Fortuitous weapon to make an additional attack, or spend combat stamina to attack if I missed
>using swift/move/standard actions can buff allies by up to +18 on their next attack, buff AC for the next round and more

Now here are my questions:
>How do I make the most out of my attacks of opportunity?
>Are there any other means I can use to increase my aid another I'm bumping it up already.

One thing I am considering for the build is the inclusion of an Animal Companion, as a bodyguard animal companion improves the build by a great deal as it essentially doubles my ability to bodyguard. However it pushes back what level everything can be at due to the expenses associated with an animal companion in feats.

everything is allowed

Are you the same guy that made that other Cavalier/Fighter build for the same thing? Why wasn't that good enough?

How do you make a good hook for a compelling char backstory/personality/etc?

Because I realized this build simply does it better if I don't have access to 3pp, especially if I somehow gain an animal companion for a small cat.

Play a Stalker then. If you absolutely have to have "Monk" written on your character sheet, play a Monk of the Silver Fist. Consider taking Weapon Finesse and Deadly Agility so you can ignore Strength entirely.

Let me get this straight: for every regular attack your BAB would let you do, you can deal a number of attacks equal to the number of weapons you would be attacking with, right?
So, basically, at +5 BAB you can do either one attack with a single weapon, or two attacks with two weapons? Am i getting this right?
Then what happens when your BAB increments the amount of attacks you can make? Does +6 BAB mean you can either (as full attack) attack twice, once with a +6 and once with a +1, or attack four times, twice at your full BAB minus the TWF penalties and twice at +1 minus TWF penalties?

No. You get one extra attack if you're wielding a weapon in your off hand. You need the ITWF and GTWF feats to get second and third off hand attack.

Alright, thanks, that clears up some stuff
Now, the bigger question: what happens if i have multiple arms?

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/multiweapon-fighting-combat/

Yes, exactly, how does that interact with the standard limitations? Do i get one extra attack for every armed extra arm or is it there just as a prerequisite for ITWF and GTWF?

Unless you get them from a template, which I doubt, or have a specific archetype for a specific species, which I doubt, you are shit out of luck. Any additional arms are just there to make switching and using faster (as in no action required to take them out or put away).

You get one extra attack per off-hand. You cannot get more since MWF replaces TWF but does not allow you to meet prereqs ITWF or GTWF and there is no IMWF or GMWF feat.

It's important to note, any arms you might gain as part of the vestigial arms alchemist discovery don't gain off-hand attacks.

>Special: This feat replaces the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for creatures with more than two arms
I thought this would mean you could take feats with TWF prerequisite, is it really just "Fuckers with multiple arms can get this and only this"?
Vestigial arms
>The arm does not give the alchemist any extra attacks or actions per round, though the arm can wield a weapon and make attacks as part of the alchemist’s attack routine (using two-weapon fighting).
>though the arm can wield a weapon and make attacks as part of the alchemist’s attack routine (using two-weapon fighting).
See above, both RAW and RAI allow me to take MWF because without it i would be able to use only two of them to attack

I feel like it's currently down to DM adjudication as to whether multiweapon fighting counts for prerequisites, since 'replaces' is somewhat vague.

In the strictest sense though, it just says 'replaces'. Not 'replaces for the purposes of X', just replaces. So it replaces it in all instances, including ;prerequisites.

Vestigial arms
>The arm does not give the alchemist any extra attacks or actions per round
You can use the vestigial arm to make a primary or off hand attack, but it doesn't grant you an extra off hand attack. An alchemist with two arms and sixteen vestigial arms still only has one primary hand and one off hand.

>I thought this would mean you could take feats with TWF prerequisite, is it really just "Fuckers with multiple arms can get this and only this"?
It doesn't say it counts as TWF for meeting prereqs. And since it replaces TWF, you can't take TWF.
I mean, your GM can easily say otherwise and make you even more of a blender, but RAW it doesn't.
Moot point though, since you can't do MWF with a Vestigial Arm. It explicitly limits you to TWF.

>In the strictest sense though, it just says 'replaces'. Not 'replaces for the purposes of X', just replaces. So it replaces it in all instances, including ;prerequisites.
The problem is that, sure you could use MWF to qualify for ITWF, but ITWF still says you only get ONE extra attack from your off hand (not one from all your off hands) at BAB-5.

>it's another "motherfucker who doesn't understand that the Vestigial Arm discovery doesn't actually give you any way to get more attacks, even if you slap natural weapons or a feat on top of it" episode

If I didn't know any better I'd call it copypasta

Party is currently adventuring in northern mendev
>Tian bard walking around in a coat made from the feathers of a giant half demon crow the party killed
>Half orc samurai from the land of the linnorm kings wearing standard eastern style Armor
>vanaran gunslinger from mwanagi wearing pretty normal gear
>Elf from Kyonin wearing a soldiers uniform and tabard of Iomedae.

They might get a look or too but considering Egede is always filled with mercs from everywhere probably not too out of place

A synthesist summoner on the other hand...

I agree, the section isn't written in such a way that it can't cause misconceptions, so for the purpose of theorycrafting i'll just stick with the MWF exclusiveness as said
>A creature without this feat [...] has one primary hand, and all the others are off hands)
It LITERALLY says all except one are off hands
Don't ever smug at me or my posts ever again

>It LITERALLY says all except one are off hands
It LITERALLY says the arm does not give the alchemist any extra attacks.

is right to smug at you because you're either an idiot or you're being purposefully obtuse.

My current pc is a glowing gold angeldragonmanthing.
Yes, a LOT of attention.

>burn lvl 1/human feat for TWF
>level in alchemist till 2 extra arms
>level rest in barb as you legally TWF with two 2-hander weapons

We have a literal spiderperson and a half-demon who walks around nearly naked with tits bigger than her head. The rest of us don't attract too much attention but these two clowns make up for that.

>not getting in when it was easy

>Human Cleric of Cayden Cailian
>Half-Orc Inquisitor of Gorum
>Human Wizard
>Elf Zen Archer
and...
>Vampire Tiefling Hillbilly Witch
Yes, the GM thought it was a good idea to let someone play a vampire. So we're not gonna be walking down any streets in broad daylight at all.

You should do everything in broad daylight just to spite the goddamned sparkling snowflake motherfucker.

I'll smug at you all I want and then some. Vestigial arm is basically exclusive to memebuilds (see for an example) or "MUH AESTHETIC"-fags like myself.

>Daemon worshipping warpriest that's basically pic related but with more spikes, scars and piercings. At least he never removes his heml in public so he's slightly less likely to scare folks away
>Wizard guy that doesn't wear anything except enchanted cloak, belt, boots and headband since the player never described him
>Elf guy dressed in solid colours wearing a padded waistcoat and vest, carrying around several bags or pouches
Not even the Mr Edge player is the most garish fucker around tho

>Winged half-elf fighter wearing a dirty armor and uses a fishing pole as a weapon
>A cactus that is actually a gnome
>Cleric of Cayden who uses a falchion made by and for worshipers of Lamashtu
>Silver scaled, winged and claw handed gnome sorcerer wearing an oversized robe

We were unique to say the least.

Or for people who want to dual wield while also having the option to quaff potions/extracts without dropping a weapon.

What are some nice social talents if you're making an Exposed Vigilante?

party comp is as follows;
>Human Cad with a penchant for using the oddest of improvised weapons, don't ask about the fishy smell
>Half orc that is a War Priest thrall. literally thrall.
>Full orc cleric necromancer, pretty gud dude since he keeps himself to a max of 4 extra bodies on the battlefield
>gnome sorc, speced into fire blaster. Has a penchant for failing fear based will saves at the worst of times
>goblin rogue with HiPS, Hellcat, and good fucking luck levels of stealth, can disarm every non-magical trap there is but can't spot them for shit.

We're running the CotCT AP, its been a blast so far

SotJR go and stay go.

While I laugh at the concept of an alchemist TWFing, I realize that someone doing that is still a Rogue+2, so I can respect this decision.

If I have the PCs fight a lycanthrope, would it be a dick move to roll their Fort saves secretly so they don't know if they're infected?

Clerics of Cayden are based but I hate everyone else in your party.

actually, a TWF Alchemist isn't that strange an idea, especially once you get stuff like the Vivisectionist archetype involved.

What's the best Unchained Rogue or Ninja you can come up with?

inb4 multi-paragraph butthurt from Disk

a Sap Master punch build that uses pummeling charge, as well as the Scout Archetype. though, off the top of my head, that would probably require one or two slightly janky multiclasses to pull off, and is very much a one punch poney.

Huh, I can see why you'd make that connection with the benefit of hindsight, but no I'm not in RotJR.

Why?

TWF alchemist isn't strange for bombs, but for actual weapons? Maybe I've just had too much of the meme Kool aid with natural attack builds.

>If I have the PCs fight a lycanthrope, would it be a dick move to roll their Fort saves secretly so they don't know if they're infected?
No it would not be a dick move.

>It LITERALLY says the arm does not give the alchemist any extra attacks
It LITERALLY says that it can attack as part of the attack routine. Guess what alters your attack routine? That's right, MWF
It's actually better to take Ragechemist at level 3 and 4 with 1 and 2 being barbarian levels. This not only gives you full barb HP, it also sets you up with the proper progression to take two arms one after the other and rage mutagen as well since poisons are worthless and this would be just a way to buff your mutagen
Pic related, sorry for spaghetti speak, it shouldn't be that hard to understand
TWF with 2H was my other option since it clearly has less rule interpretation going on than this
Would you argue "Full attack on mounted charge with four lances multiplied by Spirited Charge while also maybe dealing 2d6 extra elemental damage for each attack" to be a meme build?
It probably is, but it's been two weeks since the idea popped in my mind and i haven't been able to supress it until i could either create it or have the possibility of it busted
Plus coming up with weird builds that lend themselves to interesting characters is fun

depends on how you've been doing other disease and poison saves so far. If this is the first time you'd be secretly rolling their saves then it is kinda a dick move, talkin like a 2 inch chode trying to ride ass level of kinda dickish.

>Would you argue "Full attack on mounted charge with four lances multiplied by Spirited Charge while also maybe dealing 2d6 extra elemental damage for each attack" to be a meme build?
Can't do four lances with VArm, mate.

>Non-whites
Goddamn Tier 5

That's what the last forty posts have been about bucko
As if i would take shit from a tier 8 nobody

MWF alters penalties that you would incur from making attacks with extra arms, it does not give you the extra attacks. Ergo you are full of shit.

Never said i wasn't, that's why i'm discussing it here. Where should i complain to get paizo to issue an errata to better explain why this can/can't be a thing?

>How silly is your party's appearance?

Well, I dunno about silly, but certainly stand-outish.

To start off, the party is made up of one gnome, one tiefling, one aasimar, and one half-orc. Each one of those is pretty stand out on its own.The half-orc and tiefling's outfits don't stand out much, but the aasimar is wearing black-and-red fullplate and the gnome is... well, a gnome. A beard half as long as he is tall, a pointy wizard hat, and clothing that's been described as a "patchwork robe of ugly pastel colors".

Oh, and the gnome's familiar is a flamboyantly colored dodo.

>Oh, and the gnome's familiar is a flamboyantly colored dodo.
You say that like there's any other one

If she's the last one, it sure will be a shame when my gnome kills and cooks it after replacing her with an imp familiar.

But at least then he can brag on being responsible for the extinction of a species.

We started pretty ordinary looking, but at this point basically all but one of our party is kind of monstrous in some way. Some less obvious than others, as the sorcerer has a hard time hiding the draconic features, but you wouldn't be able to tell from looking at him that the alchemist is one step from becoming a living mummy.

No i mean, if your familiars AREN'T flamboyantly coloured atrocities that hurt to look at without smoked glasses, you're doing gnomes wrong

I've got two questions
Maybe I'm a dumbass, but as a human barbarian I'm taking the Heart of the Field trait. Blah blah blah, exhaustion negation, blah.

It also gives 1 skillpoint every 2 levels to a craft or a profession of your choice.

1st question - What do you choose

2nd question - If I were to take Profession(brewer) what tool would I need to make hard alcohol, and what would I need extraneously? I'd need a cart (15gp) a donkey to pull it (8gp) and the thing I'm going to distill (corn, potato, etc). Not sure where to find an alcohol still under equipment

Craft is always better than profession, which is mostly for background or certain kinds of adventures
d20pfsrd.com/equipment/goods-and-services/ue-more-gear-4/#table-foods-spices

Why is crafting better than profession? Thanks for the link to potatoes, 2cp is cheap. Still not sure what to use as a still.

Alchemist lab. You are not some second rate moonshiner, you are a true professional and unless you can distill it just right you have failed in the eyes of whoever would be the most disappointed with you.

75 gp is fucking steep, though. And an alchemist lab does so much more than distill, and the only tool required under the distill portion of the alchemist class is a retort, though it's not seperately listed and is too small to boot.

Should I just pony up?

>Gnome Sorcerer described as looking like a troll doll
>Heavily armored Kobold Cavalier riding a boar
>Human Cleric/Alchemist who draws as little attention as possible due to being a DMPC
They all travel around in a little pioneer-style covered wagon pulled by the boar.
They get a lot of dirty looks

>Half-Giant Psychic Warrior: never drunk enough to deal with his party's bullshit
>Catfolk Rogue: "Chaotic Stupid arsonist" to a T
>Elan Psion: a telepath in a campaign with undead and enemies with high will saves

To say the group gets attention would be a gross understatement.

>75 gp
>fucking steep
Starting at level one? Then make this an objective for later, you got bigger things to worry about right now
Also yeah, get a fucking wagon, what's the deal with players and refusing to travel with anything more than a horse i swear

Interesting note, mildly related (though vestigial arms DO NOT qualify the character for TWF), but while VAs don't grant EXTRA attacks, they can actually be used for normal iterative attacks. So if, for example, you have two arms and two VAs each wielding a +1 Shock or Acid or Flaming or Cold Longsword, you could attack with all four provided you have the iteratives for it. Not sure why you would, but it's a thing you can do.

I am level one, and I rolled pretty good (160), so I'm going with a donkey, a cart, and some sort of still along with weapons armor and equip

Rolled 2, 2, 4, 4, 3, 6, 1, 1, 6, 1, 2, 4, 5, 1, 4, 2, 6, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 4, 3 = 70 (24d6)

Rolling up an orc, don't mind me.

Rolled 1, 4, 6, 4, 4, 3, 5, 1, 2, 6, 5, 3, 6, 5, 6, 3, 4, 1, 2, 1, 1, 5, 5, 2 = 85 (24d6)

Str: 14
Dex: 10
Con: 12
Int: 9
Wis: 9
Cha: 5

Now for orc #2

Those are some poor-ass scores m8
Don't forget the feed!
Also sharing this thing since i think you will like it, props to DHB for it

Str: 18
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Int: 15
Wis: 5
Cha: 10

Nigger just go get a fucking diceroller

>human fighter in plate
>human paladin in plate
>human gunslinger in leathers
>half-tiefling half-celestial half-vampire half-dragon with a mystical tiara and a katana that can easily bisect solid slabs of steel with a simple vertical slash.
Just kidding.
>we also have a half-elf rogue that wears leather!

So now that Adventurer's Armory 2 has opened up the gates to old DNDwiki content and such, what've you homebrewed up?

Fairly normal, given their profession and success. Registered adventures aren't rare, though ones that have lived to reach our level are. We look powerful, but it's because our gear looks expensive. People who can appraise will the notice.

It's fun to do it publicly, user.

Maybe for you, but it's annoying as shit for the rest of us.

Player wants to play a caveman barbarian that walks out of a timeslip into the "modern age" he is taking a lot of mechanical drawbacks for the flavor (wearing hide armor, having common until he puts a point in linguistics, only primitive magic items) and I want to balance him back up because I appreciate him not min/maxing

>Chieftain's mask
>NE Intelligent item
>Ceremonial mask warn by his clan's chiefs, it can speak to it's wearer,
>functions as a helm of fearsome mien
>gives leadership advice, controlling clan, intimidating enemies
>possible disguise alignment on itself and wearer
>purpose: to gather slaves, draws power from sapient creatures being used as chattel, intent on resurrecting itself into a body of its own/ more blood for the blood god.
Ideas and advice for playing up an evil intelligent/cursed item?

I'm not that user, just commenting on it.

>I want to balance him back up
>So I'm going to give an evil, intelligent, cursed which will just dominate him with its Ego every time and take away all player agency for the character, causing the player to quit the game
Just how fucking stupid are you?

The go-to example for why would be a greatsword with a fear enchantment and a greatsword with Cruel.
Swing the first until fear procs, then hit them with sickness. Overall cheaper than having a sword that does both.

I'm so sick of this game.
I'm sick of arguing with my players about the rules.
I'm sick of them doing the most idiotic dumb fucking shit.
I'm sick of them trying to bend the rules by claiming they had readied actions out of combat then whining when the monster does the exact same thing.
I'm sick of having to design my encounters around their fucktarded powers.
I'm sick of every nat20 being greeted by shrieking laughter.
I'm sick of having to look up a whole bunch of shit every time they make a character.
I'm sick of the campaign world I'm running, it's shit and I want to start over.
I hate the plot, it's generic as shit as the only drama left to squeeze from it is a few PC deaths on the way to the end.
I barely like any of the characters.
I want to go back to my old 3.5 campaign where people played fighters, rangers, and blaster wizards and no one cared about tiers and it didn't matter, and I thought my friend's character was overpowered because he started with 20 Dex cause he rolled an 18 and played an elf. I miss those days so much.