Paladins vs Knights vs Nobles in plate

Role-playing and lore-wise differences and examples of Paladins (as holy warriors), Knights (all the spectrum of personalities) and Nobles with military roles in plate armor.

Paladins are likely members of the order or something like that, and double as priests most of the time. While knights are pretty much nobles in plate armourSometimes even in regular chainmail armour with glorified bucket to act as a helm

>and double as priests most of the time
No they don't.

You don't have to be noble to be a Paladin.
You don't have to do good to be a knight.

Knights are nobles in plates. Paladins are particularly renowned warriors who represent Christ

>You don't have to be noble to be a Paladin.
Depends on the fluff but I wouldn't call a setting that lets plebs become paladins a good setting. In historical literature only the highest knights in the real were called paladins. For example Charlemagne's twelve.

-Paladins serve a benevolent Deity perhaps through an ecclesiastical organization
-Knights serve the nobility by being a class of low tier nobles that however have a mostly martial role and begun as up-jumped warriors
-Nobles are higher tier nobility that may take martial roles but are not really like the Knight "social class"

>No they don't.
Oh hey, it's one of those "le paladins of a cause" faggots.

I always saw the distinction as a arbitrary one. Usually paladins are ordained by a church and knights by a secular authority (usually given the right to by a church).

One is a protector of the faith the other is a protector of a lord or realm.

This is all ruling out magic, of course.

Not him but just because they represent Christianity or whatever the generic holiness is called in the setting, that doesn't make them priests. Even if you give them healing magic or whatever, a priest is something different and generally not even well versed in combat.

I wouldn't call a setting where only nobility could become paragons of justice and humility veey good either. Even if it's rare, some farmboy rising up to become one should be a possibility.

Yes you are him and stop being a faggot.

If you want to be pedantic the answer you are looking for is "depends on setting"

Paladin is the only one that is remotely different in that she will (in most settings) serve a church or some kind of religious order

Well I may be to historically centered. The problem is that historically a commoner could never be a knight because of expenses, the land, servants and upkeep needed to keep a horse, armor and weapons was prohibitively expensive.
In RPGs coming up with money is not necessarily impossible for a peasant, so plebs getting a horse and armor wouldn't be unheard of, but at the very least the character's background should reasonably explain how they managed to earn that much.

>redditspaces
>know-it-all attitude
>assumes things which are false
>calls others pedantic
lol

>she

Alright, since you are a faggot, and I am the 10th poster, new to this thread, historically, a paladin was a companion to Charlemagne.
In games, paladin is generally only held in D&D, and only in the FR setting and 4e are paladins directly subservient to a religious organization or a god, whereas in all other settings, they are empowered by the cosmic force of Good and Law. Unless you care to bring up settings where that is different?
Something wrong with using female pronouns?

I mean, a 1st levwl Paladin might atill lack a lot of that stuff. It could just as easily him getting a vision from god, spending his savings on a sword, taking his father's old breastplate, and going out on his journey. That's all you need for low levels, and after those you'll have more than enough gold from questing

Whether or not you work for Charlemagne

>Unless you care to bring up settings where that is different?

Whatever settings you make up.

wut?

Still only 10 posters in this thread?
So which of the above faggots are you?

Which one are you?

Who am I?

The one who got an answer made of drivel that means absolutely nothing in the context of this thread.