>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14082952
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Poll time - What GA does your army belong to
strawpoll.me/14082952

Also ignore the slavfag and don't waste your (you)s. If it looks like bait, it is bait - report and move on

A fine start, OP.

My counts-as butcher with cauldron is nearing completion!

GET OVER HERE!

Isometric view.

Yep, if it looks like bait, do the smart thing - /aos/, I'm cauldron you guys out!

Anyone remember engrimm von horstmann?

What will work better with Huskard on Stonehorn and 3x 2 Mournfang pack - Grot Scraplauncher or Ironblaster? I have 140pts to use but don't want to run a butcher

I hear people don't like AoS compared to WFB. Is that true?

Depends. On Veeky Forums people hate everything

Between those two options, Ironblaster is the clear winner.

Applying quick math, chance to deal damage vs a unit of 10 or more with 4+ saves:

Ironblaster: 48% to fail, 52% split evenly between 1-6 damage. The rend -2 is great and the rerolling hits gives you a whopping 20% bonus to hit since it wounds on a 2.

Scraplauncher: a comical 78% chance to fail, then 22% split between 1-6. Complete garbage.

Neither of these options is terribly powerful, but there ya go. Becoming less weak to hordes and buffing your guys are basically the two things you want to do the most with BCR allies, and Ironblaster can do some work on the former (and looks great!).

Are there any good posters in /aosg/? Let's take a moment to appreciate them.

I like the guy that posts his beastclaw and the puke chorf user

Anyone is also getting Deathrattle and Ironjawz Shadespire warbands just for the models?

Because jeez, I love them

can never have to many skellies

Yes for skeles.
Also GW is packing common cards with them, so cards that work with any warband, therefore making you have to collect every warband to have all the cards for yours.

the death rattle boys for sure and probably the ironjaws. They'll be my very first AoS dudes. More excited for the skaven to be frank.

Wait.. They're doing the x-wing approach to this? That's a tad scummy.

Those skeletons look so good! Hopefully it's an indication of the quality we can expect from the next death release.

Thanks, I'm enjoying painting them. Once I touch up this butcher I only have 6 ogors and highlights/retouches before the army is complete. It feels kind of sad, really, that it'll be done with.
Oh wait I still need to do all the bases! Nevermind, time to get some valhallan blizzard and smash a bunch of plates to make glacier ice shelfs.

I'd like the recognize Aelf On SCE Chocobo Converter user.
As well as Nice Color Scheme SCE 'what are you working on /aos?' user.

I would also like to make a public service announcement when you take a picture of your model(s), look at the pic for one second to make sure it's in focus and won't post sideways.

I'm buying a core set with my gf to start new skirmish warbands. She is playing Swifthawk and I'm playing Rats so we want to have some fun with alliances swaping. We already have a storm of sigmar box so we just need to grab the Shadespire, Relictor and Bloodsecrator

Remember the "rate my map" user? Shame that with the slavfag shitposting flood most anons just dropped these generals for tga and plebbit. I can't blame them tho

Glad to hear that, >I hope you have a lot of fun

And yeah, I'm buying it for skirmish purposes too

And I hope the same about the skillies, it's time already for a quality upgrade

I think it got rid of the bloodelffag so maybe its not all that bad?

Though in retrospect his shitty posting was better than the slav. His garbage posting reminds me of the first 6 months of /aosg/ before they started releasing Seraphon, Ironjawz, etc.

Since common cards are the same for everyone, doesn't it just mean you get the same basic cards buying the warband kit as you do buying the starter, so if someone had a starter, you don't have to buy one too to have access to common cards if you just want the skeles?

>puke chorf user

You'll be happy to know that I've stripped and I'm trying again with a different color scheme. I've realized that all metallic is the reason it kept looking bad, too many imperfections on FW resin is very noticeable with metallics compared to non metallic colors

From what I heard, they will be new.
Its incentive for people to buy them

I can't stop giggling at the name "Puke Chorf user" especially since I don't know what a chorf is.

Do we know the deckbuilding rules fod shadespire? Maybe there are 2 copies of a card per kit while you can have up to 4 copies per deck? You know, like in mtg intro packs/planeswalker decks

chorf is chaos dwarf

DESU, i don't know, mostly because i despise any sort of deckbuilding garbage.

You get whatever cards you want, as long as there is a minimum of 20 in the deck. You can have 400 if you feel like, but youll have a worse chance of drawing what you want.

I remember the first time you posted your stuff bathed in green shade. Man, you made some progres

Guys, if I soft-convert the Gouged Eye boys into Ironjawz 'Ardboys would people be harsh about it in any way?

I find all these for just 25€ to be a pretty good deal

Nope just give them axes and remove footballs

I hope we didnt bully you into doing that.

...it was a really bad choice of colours, though

>no bully pls

>i despise any sort of deckbuilding garbage
whatever floats your boat
>You get whatever cards you want, as long as there is a minimum of 20 in the deck
I feel like they gonna make up some better rules quickly

Can anyone identify what the body is made from?

Looks amazing!

I'll be getting the Sepulchral Guard. They all look great with the exception of the skel with a hood and scythe; all that needs to happen with that is to give him longer robes

I hope it doesn't become the clusterfuck of upgrade cards like X-Wing became; that's why I dropped the game. Too many fucking cards spread out in non-sensical ways amongst kits

That was what I was thinking about, it's extremely easy to do

>I'll be getting the Sepulchral Guard
mah nugga
I like the warrior barbarian guy with the big sword. Reminds me of a skele conan

if anything they'd think it was sweet. AoS players in real life I've found mostly excited to play and generally positive. Most of the real toxic people shifted over to 40k, left for 9th age or sold out, or became the three shitposters on /aosg/ for spite.

the bottom part is a stonehorn without the stone-horn.

Is there any source for this post ? 8 warbands per year seem to be a lot desu. I would be happy to see BCR warband but it's hard to believe

I'm having trouble trying to decide on which warhammer game to start collecting/playing, i know alot about the 40k lore through books and video-games while growing up but never jumped into the miniature side of things, similarly with fantasy. now im in my mid 20s and have my own job to waste money on hobbies i wanna start the wargaming. the problem i'm having is deciding whenever to start 40k or age of sigmar, iv always liked fantasy settings over futuristic setting but backstory is a big driving point for me and i heard age of sigmar deleted all the awesome lore warhammer fantasy had.

i know its kinda dumb posting on a age of sigmar board asking aos or 40k but gimme some pros and cons for each game for a complete noob to wargaming and has aos got any backstory at all, iv only heard bad things about the lore of aos.

yep

1. Browse the webstore and see what army you like the LOOK of
2. Read up on the army. If its an older WHFB army youll have more fluff to read. If you like the backstory, even better
3. Get the start collecting box or some core unit for that army, paint it, and see if you enjoyed the process.
4. go from there. If you liked everything, keep going. If not, you only spend a few bucks and can get out at anytime.

Also if you like chaos daemons, they have the same models for 40k and AoS so you can play both systems with them

The best advice I can give you is to do what you think you are gonna have most fun with. Ultimately working on models that you don't enjoy working on is gonna feel like a chore rather than a hobby.

So read up on the AoS lore and make up your own mind. I'm not a fan of it myself, I just lurk here to see if there is new info on the shadespire thingy. It is very different from WHFB though. WHFB was somewhat gounded in reality in the sense that it was mostly inspired by historical references with a good helping of folklore and literary stuff. I'm not saying it was particularly highbrow either, but it had a distinctly different feel to it.
I'd describe AoS more like a crossover between He-Man and World of Warcraft.

Keep in mind though, as long as GW still sells some of the old model range WHFB is not entirely dead yet. You can still use the old armybooks as inspiration and base your army around the themes there.
Or look into Mordheim maybe, same idea, just a bit smaller.

It doesn't necessarily have to be an either or decision too. I've been collecting models for ~20 years now and I have stuff from a few dozen companies.
It's kind of refreshing to be able to switch it up a bit sometimes, if you feel your motivation fading.

Goys, how accurate is the Best Sellers list on the GW site? Does it go by dollar value or units sold?

Right now on the US site for AoS it says:
Kurnoth hunters
KO Frigate
Start collecting treepeople
Garden of Morr terrain
WHQ (really?!?!)
Arkanaut company
BCR
WHQ hammerhal
Alarielle
SPIRE OF DAWN

How is there no SCE?
How is spire of dawn a best seller but the AoS starter box is not?

You might consider reading some of the newer books for both AoS and 40k. See which ones pull you into their world more.

Model wise I prefer AoS to build and paint and customize, and the rules are made to let you do your own thing and use all the optional stuff, but that's just like my opinion.

Gameplay wise AoS is more casual, but very swingy and very deadly, with several linch-pin high impact single rolls (initiative, artefact or two that res a hero on a 3+ when he dies, charge or become stranded, etc). Less shooting in AoS, but the shooting that there is is very strong. Lots of heroes and monsters and blocks of dudes, it's much more heroic/mythic fantasy now.

Legacy wise, caution with your army choice in AoS, as we're still in the transition period where they didn't want to just shitcan people's 20 year old stuff so there's a lot of armies where you can technically play with it still and they give you rules and stuff, but really it's about the new stuff rolling out.

>Go to GW online store and see if you like any faction with a start collecting box
>Pick 2-3 of them and then download their battletomes or codices
>Meanwhile buy some brushes and shit on aliexpress
>You have read through the battletome/codex so now you know which army you like the most
>Buy a start collecting box and some paints and give this hobby a try
Also you can use chaos daemons in both games. Also remember - the rule of cool is the best way to choose the army. Rules are changing every year so it's really important to play with army you actually like for its fluff and aesthetic

... and the 40k best seller list is 4 space marine things, a tau SC box, and the rest is more space marines.

It's not really accurate I think but some of these products are selling good for sure. WHQ is a good tabletop game and spire of dawn is the best aos deal ever released imo

wouldn't it just be automated with the point of sale software they use?

Maybe the casual players buy in store and all the people with multiple armies buy more online? (sylvaneth and KO are not really 1st armies)

If the conversion looks cool no one will care in AoS

>Maybe the casual players buy in store and all the people with multiple armies buy more online?
Honestly I'm surprised that anyone is buying from GW online store. In my country all LGS and online stores have at least 15% discount or they will sell shit.
I understand that people are buying some rare stuff on GW store like really old models but why the fuck would you buy a starter set or start collecting box? By buing a SC! from LGS i can save enough money for two extra pots of paint

thanks guys, alot of help.
iv always wanted to start ratmen ever since i played warhammer: mark of Chaos

I really like how you apint your BR, keep it up!

Excellent choice.
Spire of dawn is super cheap and you can sell or trade the elves
Stormfeinds are strong as hell
Stromvermin are cool
Verminlords are fun
and you can paint your rats like shit and they will look fine because they are rats.

>iv always wanted to start ratmen
You can play mixed-skaven or focus on a single clan. Clan Skryre and Clan Pestilens just got new allegiance abilities with GHB17. As long as you use mainly units from these clans you get their bonuses.
If you want to play skryre you should start with a box of stormfiends and try to buy a spire of dawn box - it is a great source of neat plastic weapon teams and gives you a warlock engineer.
If you want to play pestilens you should grab a start collecting box and remember - never ever glue your priest on the machine - just put him on the separate base

yeah i heard spire of dawn was a good pickup but i dont think they sell it anymore, not in UK anyways.

Don't trust seraphon/lizard players

:(

once i get models and paint them would i need the chaos battletome or the generals handbook, or both?

General's Handbook is needed for point values (you can find them on free and official list builder) and for allegiance abilities. There is no general battletome for each grand alliance - only grand alliance books but they have some old battalions - nothing more.
If you want to play skryre or mixed-skaven then you need only a General's Handbook 2017.
If you want to play Pestilens then you will also need a Pestilens Battletome. You can download everything for free from OP resource link.

I heard you talking shit like I wouldn't know.

ahh great, thanks :)

Remember that non-skryre rats are horde armies. If you want to play Pestilens you have to be ready to play with 90+ models. Same with mixed-skaven - block of 40 clanrats are your friends. Skryre is pretty elite - you can use stormfiends as your battleline, grab a cannon or two, few weapon teams and call it a day.

If you are not sure if you want to spend more money on the hobby just play skirmish. There is a download link in the OP - it's a game format that requires ~25 models at best. Every model is a separate unit so it's like a kill team game

well im gonna aim for 1000pts, just so i know what im aiming towards, think first thing i wanna get are stormvermin, no idea how they are but iv always liked em.

Sure thing - it's good to play with models you like. Have fun, feel free to ask about stuff and remember - don't feed the shitposter. Ignore stormcast falseflags and report stormkike spam

Dragon part is the plastic black dragon.

will do, thanks for all the advice

that's so cool user! did you build it? i have the original model for nostalgia but it pales in comparison to that

>'what are you working on /aos?' user.

i'm batchpainting 10 ungor raiders but there's not much to see yet. have a pic of my beastlord instead

Interesting colour scheme but THIN YOUR PAINTS!

Looking for bits for SC head swaps, any recommendations?

So, no maximum number of copies of any one card? Your deck could theoretically just be 30 copies of one good card, and nothing else?

People at my LGS are playing 1200pts games (don't ask me why) and I decided to start a BCR army. I have no beastclaw models yet so I'm trying to brew up a list and then buy needed stuff.
Is it an okay list for 1200pts games or should I drop the Jorlbad battalion and Stonehorn Riders for a unit of 8 Frost Sabres and 4 units of Mournfang in total? I'm not sure if it's better to buff my dudes with a battalion or use more bodies

Allegiance: Beastclaw Raiders

Leaders
Huskard on Stonehorn (380)
- General
- Blood Vulture
- Trait: Everwinter's Master
- Artefact: The Pelt of Charngar

Battleline
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers
Stonehorn Beastriders (360)

Battalions
Jorlbad (120)

Total: 1180 / 1200

Fresh oc

>globadiers
>rat ogres
Are we 2014 now?

More for total warhammer desu

Soon

So I just made this over last night and today. My bro and I want to do a small AoS campaign and we liked the idea of using the open war cards.

We did 2 games using the open war cards and loved them. So we brainstormed a campaign system and rules. This document is pretty much the long version of what we had planned.

the TLDR version: it's a tree campaign using the open war cards, the path to glory rewards tables, and GHB2017 matched play rules to keep things sort of balanced.

Let me know what y'all think

Still It's something

Honestly dude, blood elf dude wasn't bad, his minis needed contrast (we all said it could use a shade). It was still better than looking at greys

It's oop.
Look at ebay

>but backstory is a big driving point
Then pick SCE, they have more lore than any other armies.

Love it user. gonna give a re-read through tomorrow. Thanks for making this.

Hey this may actually be covered in the rules somewhere but I can find it so I thought I'd ask here.
On a high warden the effectiveness of his Griffin is tyed to wounds suffered, and I see at the end there's a section for 10+ wound categories. Sky warden only has 10 wohnds.
Does this mean when I heal back the wounds through whatever means I stay at these lower combat levels for the entirety of the game? Everyone at my group has been playing at if you heal the wounds you go back up tiers.

>No seraphon warband for shadespire

No buy.

Long story short:

Stonehorn suck now and 4 mournfangs at 320 is better and cheaper than a SHB at 360. Double the wounds, same save, same avg damage, can split up, can get cover, but slower and no vulture. A Huskard with artefact is just okay. A Frostlord is way not worth 460.

Jorlbad run and charge doesn't help SHs since they can already and the second ability is awful.

Jorl/Eurl battalions aren't worth it now due to how close they cost to more dudes, and require you to take suboptimal units besides. Skal is fine if you deepstrike in and score points right away, otherwise it's not. All other battalions are garbo.

Sabers kinda suck, Hunter full sucks.

Thundertusks are awesome and look awesome. The nerf was fine, though only ever take Huskards, the others can't heal and so are useless.

List Ideas:

What I run at 1k except with 200 extra points of dudes:
Huskard on Thundertusk w/ pelt, everwinter, vulture
Allied Butcher w/ Cauldron
2x Mournfang Pack
2x Mournfang Pack
2x Mournfang Pack
2x Mournfang Pack
2x Frost Saber or Triumph Roll

Beastclaws:
Huskard on Thundertusk w/ pelt, everwinter, vulture
Huskard on Thundertusk
2x Mournfang Pack
2x Mournfang Pack
6x Frost Saber

You indeed get stronger again after healing. The 10+ is there as a standard part of the way they do all the tables and shouldn't be read too deeply into. Sometimes for instance generals have an extra wound trait.

An exception to the above is when a behemoth 'gains' another wound, there's an orc on a maw krusha that specifically doesn't heal, he actually gains a wound for his current and max after killing someone, and in his case, doesn't go up on the table.

No, if you heal back wounds, then you will go back to the relevant tier. They write 10+ to account for any abilities that may increase a models maximum wounds above their starting amount for whatever reason.

Stonehorns got hit with the nerfbat too hard
I expect them to either get a points reduction, or the old stone skeleton back some time next year

Ok good I just wanted to make sure we werent cheating.
The high warden rekts by the way, I had a storm cast player offer to buy him after I 1 turn wiped out one of his units with it.

Thanks for giving it a look. I'll be following the thread, ignoring the inane arguing.

Reminder that the skaven warlord gives +1 attack to VERMINUS units (stormvermin)
and for some reason the Verminlord Corruptor gives +1 attack to all SKAVEN units.

So feel free to use either as your rape-train conductor

>pict
Disgusting

Oh. I was really proud of that.

>16" movement
>can pile in 6" to any model it wants and fly over enemies
>legendary fighter and obstinate blade on the charge make starwood lance 3 attacks, hit and wound on 3s, rend -3 and 3 damage.
jesus

Cards in decks have to be unique, however some cards have the same effect but with different names.

This is why you need to buy every expansion

And thats just 1 out of 4? Of his total attacks. I'm surprised people don't ally him in more lists honestly.

"best sellers" are just things that /gw/ can put on the front page to trick people into buying them

Why would they want to trick people into buying spire of dawn when its being phased out (I think) and will lose them money in the long run since it offers 2 almost complete 1000 lists in one box offering.

they lose more money by having them sit on the shelves

it's cheaper to sell them than to ship them to a central warehouse to recycle the plastic