EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Payoff Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: Does you table ever sweep to plays that don't technically win the game (but pretty much do)? If so, what are those plays.

I call it scoop

but I pick up my cards if yidris manages to deal combat damage

Brago + strionic combo with one of the rishadan pirates or reality acid is usually considered game over in my group, due to everyone except me no longer having permanents

Sometimes, but very infrequently. Recently, they did it to Mairsil exiling Aetherling and Nev's Disk.

So I feel like I'm starting to have an identity crisis with my Edgar deck.

I'm not balls in on any full strategy because I'm used to playing multiplayer commander and just for fun so I never really had to take it seriously.

I like having the vampire tribal and I like black cards doing black card things but I'm also realizing that it's pretty fun having Iroas in and letting him basically do work for combat the rest of the game.

I'm almost tempted to go voltron/lifegain Licia just to dumb things down on what I'm trying to do.

sire of insanity living to the end step usually gets scoops for me

>Thread Question
whenever I play.

>Does you table ever sweep to plays that don't technically win the game (but pretty much do)? If so, what are those plays.
if anyone ever MLD and doesnt immediately end the game most people in my play group will scoop

>Thread Question

>Does you table ever sweep to plays that don't technically win the game (but pretty much do)? If so, what are those plays.
no
we have learned over the years that very few board states are impossible to come back from unless you are playing pretty competitively

>tfw beating Zurgo Helmsmasher post-Obliterate as Blaxos because you drew into Serra's Sanctum & Doomwake Giant
Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

White border user here with a small progress update. Have only been able to work on a couple every few days. I ordered a few that I had in black border in the deck that were available officially white bordered. Otherwise just slowly getting there.

Am I remembering right that tokens count towards 'creature cards sent to graveyard' effects?
Been looking at cards for Selesyna tokens, and Asmira, Holy Avenger is looking interesting.

>Does you table ever sweep to plays that don't technically win the game
>Sweep
Oh, my sweet summer child. You know nothing of how games end.

I think we'd all be happier to forget you exist.

seriously I cant even manage to get my hands on real cards and your ass flaunts around that youre throwing away money?
fuck yourself

nostalgia

Asmira doesn't say creature cards. Never had. If it did, it would be errata'd to "nontoken creatures".

what are some fun mono color decks in UBR?

or do I just play Mairsil

>putting obvious tape over your precious cards

gross

>'
I've got a question. I'm entirely new to cammander (I've been only playing Magic for about a year) and I decided to start by buying one of the prebuild decks. The only ones available around here are all of the C17 and Saskia and the gay dudes from C16. Which dek do you think would be most suitable for a new player?

But not everything is available in white border.
Yea man, I started playing in like 96 so grew up with white border cards.

Ive been using painters tape and an eraser / melamine sponge for most of them. I havent gotten to try acetone yet though I've heard its even quicker.

Theyre all a good start and include several staples. The vampire one has the best value but I would recommend going with whatever tribe appeals to you the most.

>Defacing reserved list cards
Jesus fuck, user.

Gonti is pretty fun for mono black

I've been brewing around with both Gonti and Chainer, Chainer gets hosed by RIP or LotV, but Gonti doesn't have a way to close out games beyond some Infinite mana shenanigans with Deserted Temple, Rings and Cabal Coffers with Torment or Exsang with the outlet. It's so hard to find creature based outlets in Black that can actually end games the way something like Craterhoof can.

>making a workshop completely worthless

i actually hope you die, please get a trip so i can at least filter you and never have to see this shit again

Fuck son, calm down

Hey retard, Necropotence is available in white border. Kill yourself

I feel bad for my groups resident mono green player cause everyone he's played his green deck and dropped this it never makes a dramatic or lasting change.

I might just play silumgar with Gonti and chainer as "secret" commanders, theft seems like a fun archetype

thanks for the suggestions

is it the only non-permanent he runs, because that helps a LOT.

But he's such a happy boy

>5th edition
Shit taste.

The white border one has a worse text box IMO so I decided to keep the one I have and just alter it.

I want you in the ground

If you insist on going full retard, how about just buying the Deckmasters foil and defacing that?

Posted this last thread, but has anyone has any success with this goober?
I want to force an all out brawl to break away from the usual board state of my playgroup. I'll gladly take any insert suggestions or try any lists if one is more optimal, budget preferred honestly but I'll consider hunting down some trades if it's a success

Because then the border would be silver, duh

So is the colour of my knife I'm going to cut you with

>deckmaster foil is only $10

Shit man that's a good idea.

The foil silver borders look really cool though

You gotta go for the consistency though.
You should make an all foil silver-bordered deck.

pic related

> Does you table ever sweep to plays that don't technically win the game (but pretty much do)? If so, what are those plays.

Sadly no. The Derevi player will play solitaire for 30 minutes with us locked down on mana and infinite, recursive counterspells for free, and still my group will say "not cool man, play it to the end" if I ask if we should just scoop and go to next game...

I wish I could cyber kill you. I wish that your belt gets stuck and you piss your pants because of it. I wish that you accidentally call your teacher 'mom' and your crush laughs at you.

>still in school
>not married

Shit man when you get older you'll realize people can do what they want with their own things.

>what is university

Cyber hang yourself

He can leave, but the group won't. Thus he'll still have to sit there and wait for them to die to Derevi.

that speeds up the game

Cyber suck my dick faggot

Internet relationships don't count as 'marriage'. I will cyber cuck you with your cyber wife.

Really

I just scoop em up and pull out my phone
if the crew wants to watch jonny blow his load thats fine but im not gonna sit there tongue out waiting for that stream of hot storm to blow all over my life total
fuck id rather just have someone kiki combo instead so everyone can fucking move on

I hope you already have Phyrexian Unlife right?

trim your beards. wizards could print more if they wanted to. know where to direct your anger.

That is a soft lock though. I hate it too, but it isn't a hard lock. They can still activate abilities and untap stuff and cast uncounterables.

yeah but you could also not fucking throw away money

what if it was power?

Yup. It's Solemnity Zur. Unlife, Silence, Dark Depths.

Should I take apart Karn for Godo pieces?

>know where to direct your anger.

My anger can go in every direction.
I'm a motherfucking Conflagrate and X is one million.

Yeah, which is why I want more things like that. Not win the game on the spot, just make it so that they've got to either pray for an answer or think about what I'm playing when they deck build.

im angels grace

>Thread Question
My table never scoops. It can be infuriating

Psychic Battle + Sensei's Divining Top or Soothsaying usually causes my table to scoop.

Don't mind me, just making every card in my hand doubly function as a Disenchant

>white-border Workshop

This hurts to look at.

>on a creature
you'd cut that out of your deck after one round with my table

We know what spellshapers do. Just they are too fragile, need haste and there are plenty of ways to answer multiple artifacts and enchantments that aren't slow and require discarding.

I'd rather Bane of Progress or Return to Dust. Just the nature of the format.

>implying
Drowning in pussy

They really need to get rid of the reserved list and lower the barrier of entry to some of the most fun formats.

My power is framed over my desk. I got the shop with some water damage and creasing anyway so I doubt I lowered the value that much. Can always have it altered later to a full art or something.

Nah get that shit outta here.

Nobody wants to watch you play a card game, Maybe you should think about your group when you deck build.

I want peta to take your cat

Do not fuck your cat. Veeky Forums doesn't need another catfucker.

The discard isn't so much a problem when you're consistently wheeling

Time to bring up the mood in the thread a bit with some pretty non-defaced cards, although this decklist is a bit out of date. It has five more expedition lands now

you first

Nice.

Did you white washed your cat too?

Blood mooning decks like this gives me a rush like nothing else.

Maybe my group should stop using Treasured Find over Regrowth, but it's more likely that neither of those things is going to happen.

>all those expeditions
Holy moly

>has to tap itself

Playing Mardu or something? I dunno, man. It just doesn't seem that great. And I love spell shapers and think this is one of the better ones.

>costs 1 less

But regrowth doesn't have a cute waif on it

>remember buying Olivia Voldaren for only $1.50 weeks ago
>its now $8

What why? Vampire precon and Ixalan?

My friend's Gitrog deck has all the fetches that get swamps or forests as expeditions. Same with shocks.

Its the wifes cat. Mine is out running around.

Yes hes white

Damn dude, nice! How long have you been working on it?

Boros
I'm considering the Wheel-From-Graveyard Dragon but idk if that one is worth it

Here's another one I haven't posted in a while

There's a pretty high basic count in that deck, and I'd likely have a dork out by the time blood moon hit, it would probably do fine.

Also realizing just how outdated these pictures are, like now having a black border Volcanic Island etc.

Yeh. Maybe Mairsil too.

I particularely like the lands, doesn't exist anything more pimp than these lands for your Ravnica legendaries.

do they have battered wife shelters where you live?

He is not working in monored. Magus and OG Wheel proved to be enough Wheels. I use Exile draw, Staff of Nin and Mind's Eye.

The dragon just doesn't work.

With very few changes this deck could also be used for locust dude

It is like they both trigger on draw.

Does Fist of the Suns have a working synergy with Commanders? And does it allow you to get more out of cards that benefit from casting it with multiple types of mana?

Man, those look so fucking good

Been foiling my decks the past four years.

>betraying my glorious Niv Mizzet deck that I've been playing for 7 years for a shitty bug
I could have replaced him with Nekusar too, but I won't betray my Niv.