Character Art Thread

What's up, Veeky Forums. Tonight I'm going to be posting some character art. To start with we'll have some classical Greek hoplites and then we'll move on to some female characters.

I'm not too sure about the fellow on the left's wings on his helmets in the attached picture, but the right guy is pretty okay in my opinion.

Not technically hoplites in this one, they're Macedonian phalangites.

An action scene in this one.

Now this one here is definitely more fantasy (read a lot) but I absolutely love it.

What a nice thread, user!

Not a hoplite, but maybe you want an Athena type character?

>wear extravagant mastercrafted armour sets
>go into battle barefoot

They wear sandals. Check your eyesight.

I appear to be out of hoplites. Sadness. I do have a couple more bits of classical themed art, some stuff about Rome. I could keep going with that before we swap to female characters if you'd like.

This is stretching it, but I want to help.

An artist's interpretation of the Temple of Zeus (Soter?)

Soter derives from the Greek for "savior, deliverer." A few gods other than Zeus were given such epithets: Poseidon, Dionysus. Athena and Hecate were given the feminine form Soteri.

Perhaps titling this thread 'character art' was misleading....

However! I believe this is an interpretation of the Tower of Babel of Biblical legends.

Not quite sure what this is. A center of government or religion? It's up to you!

Another one of Zeus' temple! Cool. (I think I prefer Hades, desu.)

Perhaps the docks of Athens, in this one.

Some sort of religious or cult ceremony.

I am not much into greeks, but what do you like about hades? Isn't he grim and gloomy god of underworld? That doesn't sound very nice.

(I'd post some characters, but it feels wrong interruption your string. If the thread survives till afternoon when i get back to PC, i will post some generic fantasy crap i took from here.)

Oh, feel free to post! The more the merrier, in my opinion.

So I like Hades for a couple of reasons: he was formidable in battle, something Greek men admired in each other, and once he'd helped his brother Zeus win and secure his throne, Hades abided by the drawing of straws that determined where each brother would rule, rather than perhaps claiming Zeus' domain as rightfully his, as the eldest son of their father.

If one looks into it, you'll also see that even the Greeks themselves weren't certain if he'd abducted Persephone, or helped her escape an overbearing mother.

That's the docks of Not!Athens
So close enough

KNIGHTS ARE OKAY TOO I LIKE KNIGHTS

I think this one is my last one, gentlemen. I've gotta get an early start in the morning. Thanks!

But not the most important:
>Hades was the only dude who was about fairness and a rapist, making him the Guilliman of Greek mythos.

*not a rapist I mean
lol

Have some John Martin landscapes

This is my last saved Martin landscape with any buildings in it.

Does anyone have any images of girls with tentacle hair that aren't Asari or from Splatoon?

all i can think of is void bringer illaoi

WE WAS OLD GODS

Cult of Isis, looks like.

I have returned to fulfill the promise.

>Athena
>Dark brown/black eyes

This artist clearly knew bare minimum about Athena

I know jackshit about her, too. Is she supposed to have particular eye color or something? Do you have some more images of her?

Great thread OP!

lol Milo Yiannopoulos used this one in his presentation at my school

lol

Athena's most used Homeric epithet (at least in the Illiad and Odyssey) is "Grey-Eyed"

It's literally her one definine physical trait.

***defining

Oh, thanks for clearing that out. I am brainlet who wasn't able to handle the epics of Illiad (and the lineage listing).

BTW, this guy seems like he's portraying someone particular from media, but i have no idea who. Any ideas?

I don't really know what is going on on this picture, but i do like it nevertheless

Give me THICC elves.

Or grizzled, tired men.

The problem with this picture is the eyes. You can tell from her eyes that she doesn't have an ounce of toughness in her.

>If one looks into it, you'll also see that even the Greeks themselves weren't certain if he'd abducted Persephone, or helped her escape an overbearing mother.

Notably, this is because at that time in Greece, either of those scenarios would be called a kidnapping. It had to do with a concept of ownership - eloping was still someone stealing from the parents.

I don't suppose anyone has (preferably brown-skinned or olive-skinned) island halflings? Preferably bare-chested and wearing either skirts or loincloths (or possibly penis-sheaths if male; generally scanty clothing of the sort that would be worn by subtropical island hunter-gatherers).

Here's some Celtiberians in exchange

I need men who aren't old and completely grizzled, but still look depressed and tired!

...is that Fidel Castro?

No, it is in fact a painting of Fidel Castro

If I can make a request, I need art for a high elf lord, preferably armed and armored.

mhmmm be veeeeeery careful now

Surprisingly don't have many of these.

Seriously, it's all cloth, lord of the rings, and warhammer. Or a woman.