Games Workshop

Why...why are they so cruel?

Why indeed...

Oh boy, I cant wait to buy miniatures of my favorite faction, Bretonnians.

Nah man, I just want some High Elven archers and spearmen.

>it's another WHFB grognards thread
Cry more sissy bithces

Daily reminder AoS is selling more than fantasy ever has.

>dumb something down
>becomes more popular
Really fires up the frontal lobes

Because they are a company and they need to make profit.

>make something fun with likeable factions
>becomes more popular than setting where all humans smell and the only straight elves are edgy
Who could have seen it coming?

>[citation needed]

>McDonalds is better food than 5-star cuisine

Daily reminder user cannot back up his claims

This is literally the blunder of the century, Gents and Dames. This could've been the Dawn of War of their FB franchise and they dropped more balls than they had before.

>TFW respectable beastmen never
>TFW Ogres not yet in the game

At the very least we got Druchii, and the female Dreadlords make me hard.

Warhammer fantasy had no good characters for attractive straight males to relate to
When AoS came out, they introduced SCE, thr ultimate chad faction, and as such won the heart of every man who wasn't a wfb fag.
And that's how GW saved their company

>food
>5 stars

Dawn of war didn't actually increase sales over projections.
Also, do you think people who whine about $20 dlc would spwnd $200 on a block of Phoenix guard?

>ultimate chad faction,
>silly Ultramarines copy

>sigmarinez
>chads
Grow some hair before you babble about chads, boy.

Ultramarines are one of the chaddest factions ever dude
They're literally ultra marines

>Dawn of war didn't actually increase sales over projections.
Source of this? Because if I remember correctly, under Kirby GW never did marketing researches.

They're literally blue. The whole concept is a shitty pun.

And that was my point ultra primal chads (aka Primaris) saved company.

Chads dig puns. They're up there with gay jokes and nazi jokes.

Yes, since in that crowd of people that whine about $5 dlc are collectors that will shell out 100 for the beer stein and colored piece of shit that will only serve to embarrass the owner so they keep it boxed away in the attic.

Right? Gold vhads saved fantasy and Space chads saved 40k
It's almost like people play chad factions... Hmm...

Chads also like to stay away from nerd hobbies.

Naw dude, Chads are suprisingly into nerd hobbies as long as they aren't weird.
You won't catch them watching anime or arguing about the definition of cyberpunk, but painting model soldiers or having a DnD night with your bros is totally acceptable.

Daily reminder that you are to dumb for reading comprehension.

>collecting toy soldiers
>not weird
Nah, board gamed might be acceptable due to pretty low entry-level, but not collecting 2k pts armies

???
Also, too*

Toy soldiers is totally acceptable. My highschool wargaming club was run by 2 starting football players. Mind you, they played Bolt Action, but that's not a huge stretch for warhammer.

>Toy soldiers is totally acceptable
It's almost equal to collecting anime figures.
>Mind you, they played Bolt Action,
So they've also were history-fans, it's a little different from scifi/fantasy

>Celestial lions are niggers
>closest colour scheme to SCE
>first SCE without helm was black-skinned
Really makes you think

>even not-Primaris ultramarine still taller than anyone else

Suck my salty aether-gold soaked Kharadron Overlord balls. Your just mad aos got cooler mini’s and lore.

>Kharadron Overlord
*tips fedora

Oh no, those are all so widely different guys in massive golden blue armor. How could anyone ever think them similar. No way, they must be blind.

if it is selling more probably because it is being advertised and is the new shiny

WHFB wasn't being actively advertised before it got canned.

AoS isn't being actively advertised, and look how well it's doing! It really shows the game's quality that it can do well without advertising. Maybe people are just drawn in by the exciting rules and growing setting.

They just fucked up, they didn't think Total War would be as popular as it is and they thought Age of Smeg would be more popular than it it.

I'm calling it now, AoS will get an 'Old World' supplement.

Steampunk is shit and those models are shit.

My favorite part is how CA basically said no to developing an AOS game because they wanted a WFB game.

Can’t hear you over all the love and support we get.

>AoS isn't being actively advertised, and look how well it's doing!
>release every season
>isn't being actively advertised

I don't blame them, as it stands they would be paying the money for an IP but still having to do about 90% of the world building.

C7 pretty much did the same, they only wanted to make WFRP but GW bundled in AoS and I reckon they've said 'you make both or neither'.

>I can't hear you over the one release I got for our shit steampunk everyone needs space marines faction release.

It's going to be fucking hilarious to see them backpedaling so hard they trip over their own feet. Hopefully the fans make it clear they want more than just a 'supplement'.

But seriously, how the fuck did GW under-estimate a massive franchise like Total War? That's got millions of followers on ITS brand alone, not to mention the hundreds of thousands MORE it pulls in from people who want more WHF!

They have never been very good at utiliziing their extended IP. It always just looks like an extra revenue source with little effort to them. That is why there are a thousand shit 40k games for phones and PC.

Things like DOW or WFB RPG generate revenue, but also reach new demographics to help get people tied into the fluff. This is infinitly more valuable than the game revenue. GW never understood that and still didn't pick it up after DOW. Imagine the WFB popularity surge if TW:W existed when WFB was being actively supported.

what are you some sort of faggot jew?

or the 3rd installment runs end times and introduces you to new warhammer so you can start your new shiny collection of sigmarines

it won't we already know whats in the third game. Its 4 Chaos demon armies, Ogres and Chaos Dwarves at the least.

Daily reminder that this isn't true, it sold about as well as WHFB for a few months before falling way below.

Outdated news. Their latest talk with their investors highlighted AoS and in particular The Overlords did well. Their financials are in a big boom the last few times and AoS is actually contributing unlike fantasy.

>I'm calling it now, AoS will get an 'Old World' supplement.

Will not happen. If AoS fails, they will make Horus Heresy the second big game.

>and AoS is actually contributing unlike fantasy
>not endless Space marines releases

But it's FW

Actually, just butting in, I was at the most recent talks. There was a lot of information regarding 40K but almost nothing about AoS. They said it was doing well, but they refused to go into detail, which is generally not a good sign.

GW is doing well overall though. I doubt AoS is doing poorly, it's just not striking above WHFB numbers like they thought it would.

Blame Kirby for being Fucking retarded

>Blame Kirby
>t.Cevin

Age of Virginmar vs Chadhammer Fantasy Battles

>caring about all that shit

>t.lefty/pol/

>AoS is doing better because the factions

Now you are being a troll.

>implying Kevin isn't one of the God Emperor of Mankind's many guises

Go back to your safe space

AoS actually has factions you can self-insert as, and lets people have a good guy human army that isn't a bunch of ugly smelly Germans.
I eould say this is more enjoyable than "lol everything is shit" WFB.

I don't think so, they probably gave the ok to a WHFB game due to it not being a threat to their miniature sales (since it doesn't exist anymore).

>Neapolitan elves become one bland flavor of Alf or something

Betrayal at Calth
Burning of Prospero

Nigger there's not one, but TWO GW 40k sets. GW has taken dozens of FW units for 40k as well. Drop pods? Trygons? Valkyries? Baneblades? All FW shit.

I know that GW sent CA a bunch of Stormcast minis for 'reference' and they sat in a store room collecting dust.

sauce?
that sounds amazing

I was told that by an employee of CA, so unfortunately I can't prove it.
They were sent all kinds of miniatures, most of which were actually relevant, but apparently everyone was mystified as to why they bothered including Stormcast since the game has nothing to do with Age of Sigmar.

KEK

GW hands off Horus Heresy!!!!
It's nice and grimdark no primaris herohammer like 40k.

Give it a rest. Be grateful they actually licensed it out or you really would have nothing.

GW is evil.

Why would jews even want blacks to get with whites? Theyre greedy, they dont need to play matchmaker for that. What was the logic behind this image?

>thread

fuck off shill

The belief is that the Jewish cabal seeks to weaken the white race with things like race mixing and internationalism, to entrench their mental superiority.

this

Just started reading Sons of Ellyrion. Is it any good? Also does anyone know any Skaven books?

>All of society is under our control and has been for centuries
>The underpinning institutions of Western economics and culture were crafted for our ends
>We are the powerbrokers in Washington and none can escape our grasp
>Everyone who opposes us is dead or indelibly discredited following WW2
>We have total power
>Now we will enact our most powerful and influential plan yet: Blacked.com

I'm guessing this forced meme intensified around the time the MTG threads drove away the weird guy who was obsessed with how many female characters were in the artwork.

Nice

Did your dad work at Nintendo too? Is that how you met the guy?

>i don't like thing!
>muh shill bogeyman
moron

>Jews are smarter and control everything
>Asians are smarter/more cunning
>Blacks are faster and stronger
>Hispanics breed faster and work harder

Ever notice how white supremacist ideals are entirely dependent on the idea that white people are just shittier at everything than 1 or more other races?

They're easily manipulated by half of them and physically out performed by all the others.

But user, you forgot to mention how hungry they are for foreign cock. It's like how Nazis want nothing more than to be fucked by a Russian.

That's funny.

Does this mean they might bring back the Tomb Kings minis?

Lot of 'chicken-or-egg' questions there, though.
People on one side say that, because DoW didn't boost sales, clearly there's no point in cross-promotion, and vidya success wouldn't correlate to mini game success.
On the other side, people claim that DoW not boosting sales was the result of GW not being able to capitalize on it.
And so on, with like every other aspect of the company and its decisions.

That would certainly explain the Eastern Front.

It's because they don't really believe in their own supremacy. If they did, they'd just have faith cause they're the best

What it's really about is trying to prove something in order to solve an overwhelmig sense of inferiority. That's why it necessitates they constantly be victim underdogs at the mercy of more powerful but essentially-destined-to-lose enemies. Actually - much like the average ttrpg player.

>not liking steampunk

please user, contain your autism for a couple of minutes.

>thinking steampunk is anything but shit
Get out of here now