Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Chaos is best stepdad edition.

>Warhammer Community news(This week from Forge World: The Death Korps return!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/06/this-week-from-forge-world-the-death-korps-return/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=dZuL0oVeBfw&index=1&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

1st for Exorcists a shit

the new Ghazghkull Thraka should be atleast this big

>new Ghazghkull Thraka

Good one.

>should be atleast this big
Lol okay. Enjoy your 4" move 10+W model who dies before getting across the field

>3++, 4+++
>dying

>3++ and 4+++ is worse than a 2++
>thinking he won't die

I'd support Thraka being built like Robot Girlyman - W9, for maximum Character defense - and for speed, letting him automatically roll sixes when Advancing. Seems very in-character for him to just be a durable guy who runs at you fast.

Hey, that's a whole lot less wounds goin' to the boyz. Distraction carnifexes are valid.

++ and 4+++ is worse than a 2++
but thats wrong dummy
Just from the stats alone, its the same, but then you also get the 4+++ against mortal wounds

>3++, 4+++
Like he'll get those saves.
You'll have a 2+/4++

It fails with the exact same frequncy as a 2++ but you have a save against mortals.

I decided to get into the new 40k lore, with the timeskip and all... but the Black Library site is a shitfest that was seemingly designed by a deranged nurgling... So does anyone have a list of the "new lore" novels?

that's assuming that you only get wounded by 1 damage weapons, then the 4+++ lets wounds bleed through

2++ has a better chance of denying higher damage weapons without affecting single wound save rate

He'd be getting shot by lascannons/missile launchers not bolters. Maybe taking the heat off of your vehicles but not your boyz.

Are these bois 28mm or 8mm?

First for "chaos isn't even trying anymore"

Those tufts of grass are GW made, so 28mm.

Just getting my head around the new 8th edition rules after a few years away.
Two questions that may be stupid.

With detachments, the included units only have to share a single faction keyword not all of them right?
So I could have a Space marine HQ with a squad of guardsmen and a squad of battle sisters and that could form a Patrol?

Annd do units benefit from their own auras? Like would a space marine captain get to re roll 1's? or is it only other chapter units?

Here it goes. Follow the book from top to bottom.

"Cadia Stands"
"Watchers of the Throne: The Emperor's Legion"
"Dark Imperium"
"Shroud of Night"
"Eye of Night"
"Hand of Darkness"
"Shadows of Heaven"

This is all the new plot content in BL that advances the GS storylines. In two weeks you will get this (picture related). Read them all and you should up to date.

Druglord confirmed?

Thanks man, you are doing the Emperor's work.

You are simplifing it too much. Over the course of the game, both will save the same amount of wounds, but the 2++ ill have all wounds dont in one turn, where as the the 4+++ will spred them over multiple turns. the latter situation allows you to heal them with a pain boy, where as the former does not

thats assuming rerolls didnt exist, which they do

How can you re-roll invuns? and if you cn, can you do it whilst not being thousand sons (whos shtick is invun fuckary)?

By the reroll any dice strat, do you even play it's the most commonly used strat by far.

so how bad are Genestealer Cults?

The strategem

>How can you re-roll invuns? and if you cn, can you do it whilst not being thousand sons (whos shtick is invun fuckary)?

CP rerolls, what the fuck have you been living under a rock

> not praying the God Emperor for luck
> not knowing the joy of battle while being guided by It's divine hands

>2x20 genestealers 1x5 tax genestealers
>2x patriarchs

>yarrick + 6 earthshakers, taurox + mortars with remaining points

i accidentally tabled someone turn 1 twice in a row because of good cult ambushes and then charging multiple units

>TFW you've been so focused on the shiny new death guard strats you forgot the basics
well then

Maybe he meant the chapter?

2 units are really really good (patriarch and GS), the rest are okay (hybrids, primis, and the magus) to meh (the rest)
the fact they can ally with gaurd and nids makes them fun to play around with mind.

yeah but how about neophytes

>GSC
>Yarrick
All the fluff.

So are pyrovores worth taking now?

they arnt bad with thier 24" lascannon things and ambush but theres no point not taking genestealer spam right now

its a codeword for my fluffy commisar, barrick

At least until we have shit like rules that allow an already OP unit to fire twice a turn, OH WAIT

Reminder that calling your opponent a WAACfag does nothing but shift the blame from your ability to improve.

another fog today with plenty of 18-wheelers

He'll never stand up to my fluffy commissar, Garrick.

>lemon rust
>OP
Who are you quoting?

Damn it, I'm late to the game. What does WAAC stand for?

Win At All Costs

Win at all costs, it means there'll be nought but crunch, expect Yarrick buffing 3 Baneblades, nemesis suddenly allying and only the most broken of broken units.

What Eldar detachments would be best to add to a Dark Eldar force?

1st question I don't know
2nd is yes, units benefit from their own auras

Simply false. If you want to play are narrative type game or something like a campaign, and one guy brings netlists like guillman with yarrik and straken leading two detachments of hyper optimized guard, then that guy is a WAACfag. "improving" your list means getting into an unfluffy arms race that ruins the whole point of the campaign or game.
So fuck off with your attempts at WAACfag apologism.

>With detachments, the included units only have to share a single faction keyword not all of them right?

Yes, but you won't get any of their faction bonuses, like the Canticles of the Omnissiah or Relics unless your entire detachment is only these units.

So I could have a Space marine HQ with a squad of guardsmen and a squad of battle sisters and that could form a Patrol?

Yes, but it would not be a Space Marine, Astra Millitarum or Adepta Sororitas Patrol, only an Imperium Patrol.

How would a tyranid fleet that bases all of its organisms off the warrior and carnifex bodies look? Like pic related

Fuck

Nah.

Yeah. Not everything is about winning, some times it's just about having fun or telling a story in the darkness of the 41st millennium. Bringing both guillman, cawl and celestine to some fight over a back water planet is WAACfag bullshit, and is not defensible with "HURR DURR just improve DURR" you fag

>Bringing both guillman, cawl and celestine to some fight over a back water planet is WAACfag bullshit
Isnt that literally part of the dark imperium lore?

If they do the head will probably be 3 times bigger than the ones used in this. They just can't seem to resist, even when it looks like they're moving away from their bighead fixation (look at those plasma inceptors for example).

>Isnt that literally part of the dark imperium lore?
No? Indomitus crusade maybe

not as good as my fluffy commisar, taric

That would be "Apocalypse" scale.

Reminder that this user is just trying to justify draining the fun from the game and destroying the concept of "your dudes"

He's not referring to your Organtank, but the Mary Sue Space Marine Chapter that out Mary Sue's nearly every other Chapter. (Exception being Space Wolves obviously)

Truly outrageous

More like Yarrick buffing 6 earthshakers in a genestealer army.

What do krieg do against infantry? All their weapons seem to have a low number of shots and I'm only planning on having 60 troops on the board at a time.

Welp looks like the Squig links are purged from the OP after like 4 threads.

We will be back though.

Like a Genestealer cult you can't put down.

I thought that exact scenario was part of the gathering storm/fall of cadia series.

Thudd guns, wyverns, punishers, heavy bolter teams.

Yeah, but Dark Imperium is a hundred years later.

So for renegades would it be worth it to take a few marines for both fluff reasons and crunch reasons? Or would it just be a drain due to having to use chaos only? Same think for some daemons?

Guillman wasn't there, and Cadia was everything but some back water planet.

How will the Alpha Legion find redemption?
Will they suck Daddy Dorn's Dick?

Incorrect. They arent a space marine or grey knight so he will likely just get a flat 4+ at best.

Renegade Chapters or the FW faction?

Piggybacking a bit, how easy is it to procure shooty cultists? Also how are they as models? In terms of fluff, crunch and aesthetics I like them more than Poxwalkers for my DG.

look at a lighting strike fighter with hellfury missiles. They put out 8d6 S4 shots per turn

FW faction. And the models are something to be desired but it's not like you are limited to the standard kits.

You'd probably want to stick them in thier own detachment for the legion bonuses. But generally chaos shit is better than your shit.

I'm referring to events during that whole series, sorry but I dont really follow it super closely.

iirc cawl, gullyman and celestine go on a trip with their alien friends to a planet that's described as "backwater" in order to find an entrance to the webway.

Ok cool, thanks.

No.

Cawl and Celestine flee Cadia, meet up with the Ynnari on said planet when they are about to be destroyed by Abaddon's forces. Then the webway to escape and eventually get to Ultramar. Then they revive Guilliman.

>buying first models today
>mfw my wallet

What did you get?

Can't take wyverns, which is why I was asking
Strangley, I have one of those laying around. I'll give it a go thanks.

40k has a high initial investment but after that you rarely spend money on it.

Ah, I see.

So cawl/celestine lists are 100% fluffy :^)

Add some Ynnari for extreme fluff

I mean, sometimes. Though Cawl has mostly gone back to trying to figure out Necron shit now.

Now I wonder is it worth taking a lascannon on my Leman Russes? I mean, now that I have a heavy 2d6 S8 Dd3 main gun, the Heavy1 S9 Dd6 gun seems terribly overcosted and unreliable by comparison.

Splitfire and insurance

S9 really makes a difference when you are facing big stuff though (e.g. land raiders)

Walk into FLGS see this, what do?

Call the nearest GW

>40k has a high initial investment but after that you rarely spend money on it.

>mfw its been about 18 months since i started and i ended up with 7000 points of tau, 3000 points of scions and just under 2k points of GK/Inq

when does the initial investment period end?

When you die

Depends how much restraint you have.

When you are satisfied with the amount of shit you have to paint.

On the one hand, I'm disgusted by the use of Knight Styrix bits for such a shitty idea.

On the other, Inquisitor Yellow Hat Man and his Curious George battalion is a hilarious idea.

Surrender. I havent even fought him yet but I've already lost.

That depends. How much of that is grey?

is that curious george

>12,000pts in 18 months.
>667 pts/month
Good god man, you must be a painting daemon to get that much painted each month, consistently.

I'd rather have a Tuska Daemonkilla model released, he'd be huge after all this time.