/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archive and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

"I guess I'll have to make the new thread if no one else will" Edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangalife
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reposting "Within A Dark Forest", good version with readable text on page 4

So, this is the first *playable* version of this that I'm posting. It includes only about half of the number of books I want to have in the final version, but it would stand alone as a CYOA as is. I'm posting because I need some degree of feedback both to improve it, and to give me motivation for the rest of it. The final version will have more points; I adjusted the points here to be appropriate to the number of options available.

For context, the books NOT included that I intend to still have for sure are: The Book of Three, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Phantom Tollbooth, Wizard of Oz, Artemis Fowl, Rikki Tikki Tavi, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Indian in the cupboard, Deltora Quest, Silver Wing, Grimm's Fairytales, Babar, CYOA books, Brave Story, Tuck Everlasting, Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Spiderwick, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Are you there God? It's Me, Margaret, Series of Unfortunate Events, The Giver, Gregor the Overlander, Where The Sidewalk Ends, Amelia Bedelia, Magic Schoolbus, Give a Mouse a Cookie, Hairy McClary. Though any could be cut if I don't come up with good powers for them.

Suggestions for powers, or changes to existing ones, are welcome, but not expected.

Calle cloae

Check out oh lord jesus, it' s a really awsome manga

it's cute and I like it, I'll make a build later today to get a better feel of the mechanics.

>Choosing CYOA books in a CYOA

You have to go deeper, user

I seriously considered this.

Night > Fear > Winter

I Think Its Possible to make individual builds on the level of pocket dimension cyoa in this one without any requirement flaws.

Maybe. But then, in pocket dimension cyoa you aren't required to ONLY be in your pocket dimension, if I recall correctly.

Yeah, this is just thoroughly unpleasant to contemplate as written. It's a lot to ask an user to read for something that's not even desirable.

Just make the aspects free, and forgoing them count as a drawback. That would still leave plenty of interesting choices without leaving user with the task of slogging through a document to build an unpleasant prison.

>43 pages

Really cool.
My choices:

3- The Little Prince power
3-Calvin and Hobbes power
4- Encyclopedia Brown power
3- Encyclopedia Brown dream
5- Where´s Waldo power
5- Animorphs power**
6- Harry Potter power
4- Harry Potter dream
3- The Wee Free Men power

** It does work with humans, right?

Thanks, user; look forward to it.
Excellent, thank you for sharing the build!

It does work with humans, though it's just been pointed out to me that there are limitations on the power from the books I forgot to include (I haven't read them myself). Namely it takes a minute or so to transform, and you can do so for a maximum of two hours at a time. So, you can definitely use it for impersonation and infiltration, but fulling replacing a person in their life is probably out. I will include those clarifications in the final version.

Someone wrote it up in an interesting way here and i agree with most of it.
Your way of giving aspects for free with the option to return them individually for extra favors is also pretty nice.

Man I want to choose like half the books you have on the "to do" list... I think you'd do better to ask for what books you're having problems coming up with powers/stuff for and see if anything posted sparks your imagination so they can all be added.

>5- Animorphs power**
Yes. The main Andalite character uses it on humans, for example.

As long as it has DNA those powers work on it.

>Season - 250 Power
Black (+3 Will)
Otherworldly Blessing (+250 Power)

>Upbringing - 375 Power, 30 Dissent
The Bastard (+3 Will, +125 Power, +30 Dissent)

>Skills - 200 Power
Dragonslaying (F), Swordsmanship (F), Destruction (F), Administration (-75 Power), Protection (-25 Power), Riding (-25 Power)

>Items
Kladenets (F), Legendary Armor (F), Scholar Cat (F)

>Dynasty
Simonenko (+2 Honor, -2 Will)
Svetozarovich Branch

>Releigion
Sacramental (+3 Glory, -1 Honor, +1 Will)
Arthurian (+1 Province)

>Provinces and Vassals - 1250 Military, 900 Gold, 20 Dissent
Krasnograd - Capitol (+300 Military, +400 Gold)
Wyrmland - Nikita Popov (+100 Military, +150 Gold, +2 Honor)
Wild Field - Igor Radomirov (+600 Military, +50 Gold)
Zelenomorie - Dmitriy Kopeykin (+150 Military, +150 Gold)
Lekotka - Izyaslav Fyodorov (+100 Military, +150 Gold, -10 Dissent)
1250 Military 900 Gold

>Buildings - -200 Gold
Paved Roads (-200 Gold), Port (-200 Gold), Basilica (-400 Gold), Market Place (-100 Gold), Rye Fields (-100 Gold), Watchtowers (-100 Gold)

>Council - -1000 Gold
Bookkeeper (-100 Gold), Merchant (-300 Gold), Foreigner(-400 Gold),

>Military Advisor
Craftsman of War

>Laws - 600 Power, -500 Gold, 5 Dissent
Sudebnik (-25 Dissent, +400 Power, -2 Honor)
Collect Tribute (+10 Dissent, +500 Gold, +1 Glory, -2 Honor)

>Spouse - 750 Power
Azovka (+150 Power)

Ever heard of "brevity is the soul of wit"?
Because you sure as hell ignored it when making this gigantic wall of pointless text

I hate you so much /cyoag/ if you ever fall asleep near me I would draw dicks on your face

>Diplomacy
Strained Relationship with Theodosia (+2 Will)
Strained Relationship with Norseland (+2 Will)

>Relationship with Knyzazes
Ivan the Fearsome (155 Alliance)
Helgi the Seer (20)
Olga the Widow (-5)
False Nestor (-55 War)
Vasily the Dark (55 Alliance)
Vladimir Stereomakh (-50 War)
Vseslav the Sorceror (+20)
Koschey the Deathless (-100 War)

>Bogatyrs and Missions - 900 Power
Kolyvan - Last Warrior of a Dead Land
Me - Wall against Wall

>Units - 25 Power, -500 Military
7 Dragons (-875 Power)
Tsar Guard (-1000 Military, 100 Population)
2 Regiment Footmen (-700 Military)
Village Militia (-50 Military)

>Government - 0 Military, 0 Gold, 0 Power
Herditary Monarchy
Succession by Might (+500 Military, +500 Gold)

First Born - Son - Red
Dilligent, Brave, Just, Wrathful, Kind
9 Command, 9 Stewardship, 9 Power, 3 Intelligence, 0 Charisma

Second Born - Daughter - Red (0 Power)
Quick-Witted, Cunning, Gregarious, Lustful
3 Command, 1 Stewardship, 1 Power, 7 Intelligence, 9 Charisma

>Attributes
Glory - 6
Honor - -1
Will - 9

>Dissent
+20 Dissent
25 Dissent Total

Thrice Ninth Tsardom

Coming up with a build that didn't leave me gimped too much was kinda difficult when going for thrice ninth tsardom. With 7 dragons and 100 mini bogatyrs and myself who is no slouch my enemies will have a hell of a time with this bastard tsar. When I die it will be interesting to see which of my kids will take the throne considering they are minamaxed opposites.

>Ever heard of "brevity is the soul of wit"?
This advice is delivered within a gigantic monologue by a character who never shuts up.

So, I could only transform for two hours? Not sure if it´s worth 5 points, then. I mean, I only chose two dreams and there is already Polyjuice potion in Harry Potter.

It´s a pity comic books are not an option, by the way. Hellblazer, Sandman and a few others could be way more interesting than , say, Goodnight Moon.

>I could only transform for two hours?
At a time. You could "re-do" the transformation immediately after, but it would be obvious to anyone observing what was happening. It would be an "excuse yourself to go to the bathroom" to re-apply the change sort of thing.

Anyway, for now, I didn't put the limitation in that document so it's not there for this version.

If there are books that I do not have powers for, I will certainly ask /cyoag/ before I eliminate them. I'm not to that point yet, though.

Please share comfy CYOA's /cyoag/

Prince of Darkness is the worst John Carpenter movie

Here's to all the authors who don't
>Cause drama
>Use a name/trip
>Post WiP's
>Attentionwhore
Keep being awesome!

here's a wip!
also fuck tok

remove slice of life

I cant find it

Looks cool but lacks the rest of pages

>Cause drama
What if you don't personally cause drama but your CYOA does?

Otherwise I'm only guilty of having a name, though I barely use it.

Here's to all the authors. Full stop. Thank you for actually creating content.

>says posting WIPs is bad while frogposting

>Here's to all the authors who don't
>Cause drama
>Use a name/trip
>Post WiP's
>Attentionwhore
>Keep being awesome!
Lol there are no such authors.

>fuck tok
I like the sound of that, pic related

>Nostalgia the CYOA
I recognize so many books, can't wait for when it's finished.

Not Tok though.

mangalife us/read-online/Oh-Holy-chapter-1-page-1

>Beri
>Bliss
>Imaginos
>The guy who made pic related
Just because you're addicted to our fat, throbbing (You)s doesn't mean everybody sluts themselves out that readily.

Did the Half Dragon update ever get finished?

Also, I'm posting an old favorite of mine. I don't suppose anyone has a higher quality pic?

You're not funny

Wip aren't that bad. Sometimes you actually need feedback. Sure some people might use it to drum up anticipation, but that's not so terrible.

Early access cyao wips are the future, support me on patreon

Warning, warning

Has this been updated at all or am I going to need a spreadsheet and aspirin to finish my build?

Still the best

Honestly I think we should at least get 10 favors for free, that way I can buy the seven aspects and have 3 points left to evolve myself or the world, making me much more interested in staying inside the cage.

I dont think the system is all that bad, some flaws can be ignored with a certain focus, and they become somewhat free points to help pay for the truly necessary things, but only 7 points is just so little, give me 10 and I go inside the cage like a good little boy, otherwise I will just stay here blocking the door.

I think the first thing I would do with ultimate power would be to reach godhood and then reenact golden morning in a perfect copy of earth, hmmm if violence on a universal scale is my first desire, then maybe my captors do have a point in locking me away.

>Nostalgia the CYOA
Heh; that's one way to see it, yeah.

Don't know what the issue is with points. Sure I'd like more, but it's perfectly fine to make a build in which you are an awesome adventurer in a world filled with adventure. Just abuse the "Comfy" aspect for points. And even without that, it's still possible to do something reasonable.

SELF (1)
What Others Have (1) - Peak Form in most ways
Atma-Samyama (1) - Changing form at will bypasses wounds easily.
Gehazi's Child (-1) - Change form when injured.
Eyes of Ebad (-1) - Sunlight, easy.
Gloop's Hobby (-1) - I'm now obsessed with being in the sun as much as I can.

COMPANIONSHIP (1)
Ta Erôtikê (1) & Élan Vital (1) - For how else could life be worth living?
Shen and Emet (-1), The Evil of Fruit (-1)

PROPERTY (1)
One Small Step (1), Silver Hatchet on the Moon (1), Just in Time Genesis (1), Behold My Works (1)
Kenosis (-1) - Is this really a drawback? It allows for discovery and surprise.
Quartermain's Odyssey (-1), Lackland's Loss (-1)
Alighieri Allegory & Deja Vu (Net 0) - Free pair, so why not?

COMFORT (1) - Will not actually use this home other than as a source of food while getting bearings at the beginning; essentially free points.
Coffin, Sisyphus, Open Door Policy, Chicken Legs, Hoden Kegare (-5)

CURIOSITY (1)
Bow-Wow, Pooh-Pooh, Ding-Dong (-1), The Golden Dawn (-1)
Mnemosyne and Lethe (1), Springs of Helicon (1)
A Golden Mountain... (-1), Thus Spoke Alhazred (-1)
Childe Byron (1), Objective Impermanence (-1) - Better to not leave them in pain.

VIOLENCE (1)
Rite of Ashk'Ente (1), Guan Yu (1), Dialectical Ollamaliztli (1), L'ennui, le Vice, et le Besoin (1)

AMBITION (1)
Connecticut Yankee (1), A Moment to Myself (1), Adventure (1), Searching for an Honest Man (1), In Another Castle (-1)

It's a very good CYOA, one of my favorite none-lewd CYOAs. It's just a shame it's made by a soulless dream crushing backstabbing heartless lying piece of shit. It rains every time I think about Rosanon and my dream.

You seem almost human when you're not shitposting.

You are so very wrong as is often the case.
to add to NumberedAnon (guy who posted that)
DSA
BoxWine
GiftedAnon
Peil
Scientist
drskeltal
Hibiki
Jalm
TextAnon

and many others.

user all of those authors have names. I should know, I'm one of them.

Yes and they don't shitpost, post wips constantly if at all and almost never post with a name unless answering questions or posting new OC and even then most of them don't put their names on.

>Queen of Gold
White + 3 honor
War Child + 1 province
Maiden + 2 honor, reduces Lyakhian units cost, conqueror + 1 province, + 175 power
Skills: Accounting, Leadership, Administration - 175 power
Chermishevskiy, Vatslavovich, - 2 will + 2 glory
Arthurian Confession + 1 province + 3 glory + 1 will - 1 honor

>State of Liberty
Plotsk - Freehold, 600 gold
Zelenomorie - Freehold, coastal. 300 gold + 5 dissent
Krasnograd - Capital, coastal, 400 gold, 300 mil
Lekotka - Freehold, coastal, 300 gold + 5 dissent
Horvatia - Freehold, coastal, 500 gold + 5 dissent
Sloboda - Freehold, coastal, 400 gold
Sergiev - Freehold, 400 gold
2900 gold, 300 mil

Laws:
Collect Tribute: +1 glory, -2 honor, + 500 gold + 10 dissent
Orient Company: + 1000 gold - 1 honor, - 2 will + 10 dissent

Voivoda:
Total Warlord

Bogatyr:
Kolyvan, +2 will mission

Elective Monarchy:
Kristina Radwitta + 500 gold + free alliance

Diplomacy:
Lyakhia allied, rest neutral, knyazes reputation irrelevant because they are all gonna get shot

4900 gold, 300 mil

>Army of Mercenaries
28 x 1000 Foreign Tercios - 4900 gold
1 x 250 Senior Druzhina - 300 mil

>post wips
For me it often comes to a point where I have to post something or abandon a project due to lack of enthusiasm. I'm human, and flawed, and can't work solely in a void. It's also a lot to expect a product to be completed before input can be sought on it, especially since such input may lead to major revisions.

Regardless, I'm sorry to the extent that it annoys some anons. It's the best I can do while still creating content.

this
i have posted wips for every cyoa i've made and every time i've made revisions based on what people have said

>Totals and ending
0 leftover money power or mil points
Honor 1
Will - 1
Glory 6
35 dissent

Rech Pospolita ending.

The first Queen of the Commonwealth was not the most arbitrarily powerful ruler, weakened by her need to appease both the magnates as well as the often fickle nature of the vast mercenary host that she brought to Svetlania in order to fuel her ambition she has often found herself unable to see the entirety of her desires* through. However, she did achieve the most important thing, the unification of both Svetlania and Lyakhia under one crown, and that has earned her a well deserved place in the history books. She, furthermore, maintains additional fame thanks to the folk stories that arose from the struggle of the common folk living in a land overflowing with mercenaries during the period of her conquest and reign up until the time when her grandson the Magnate Vladimir Chermishevskiy reformed the military establishment of his family lands and reduces the reliance on mercenary troops**. The Sejm also venerates her to this day because of her policy of Free Cities, and during the attempted Absolutism reforms by the King Szymon II and the subsequent Civil War she was worshiped by Liberalist troops as an Arthurian Saint and a personification of the Motherland.

*As expressed in the famous collection of primary sources from the period: Letters to Krasnograd
**See chapter 5

I don't really have an issue myself with wips as long as they're not being flooded all the time and you do bring up a good point that sometimes it's the feedback that can give you the push to help finish a project or take it in a better direction then where you were originally going. It can also have the opposite effect and stall people out, but that of course depends on the person.

It’s not just about the points, it’s that coordinating everything in such a godawful format is a nightmare

The only time it annoys me is when it's constant spam, especially when it spoils most of the project

Love the flavor of the "exerpt"

I have made a conscious effort to tone down posting of WIPs; I recognize now that I was an absolute nightmare about it with my first CYOA. So I definitely appreciate and agree that there is a limitation on what is reasonable.

As the one who said that, I don't disagree with your point. I managed to do it pretty much straight through, by taking notes on what perks drawbacks I would be "required" to take in later sections, but it far from an ideal format.

Does anybody have a source for the image used for 'Your Companions'? It's exactly like the duo my friend and I are playing at the moment.

Very neat.

6- Harry Potter magic. Can't imagine ever not taking this, OP as hell.
4- Harry Potter world, can't imagine not taking this either desu, I wanna be a wizard
3- Golden Compass world, seems fun
2- Receive a daemon, necessary synergy
5- Bridge to Terabithia bff. Sounds nice, and the obligatory waifu option.
5- magic tree-TARDIS
3- Magic Treehouse world, I fucking these books
2- Dinotopia World. Never read it, but sounds like a dank af place to chill with my magical bullshit for another 111 years

I love this one. My choices are:
> Hunter
Slayer
> Partners
The Problem with this one is that I can't make up my mind between a combo of:
Werewolf Biker Gf / Supernatual PI
Guardian Angel / Succubus Royal
> Affiliations
Spirit Busters / Supernatural Fight Club

Dreams: Dinosaurs before Dark (33), Oh the Places you'll Go (30), The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (27), Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (23), the Little Prince (19)

Powers: Encyclopedia Brown (14), The Little Prince (11), Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (5), Wee Free Men - First Sight and Second Thoughts (2), Goosebumps (0), Bambi (-4)

Nightmares: Goosebumps (0)

Hard choices - I like it. I ended up having to drop Animorphs to keep all my Dreams and Abilities.

Much obliged.

Is the author for WADF here? I'd like to ask him some questions before making a build.

Is that in terms of difficulty or preference?

To ya all who made complains about how many options clash with victory conditions on the last page, yes, those complains are technically legitimate, but you miss the point of why this system is the way it is. Basically it's like a /pol/ satire. You don't take and hold power and build an empire in Russia by making reforms, building roads and implementing new legal systems. If you try to implement new laws, build infrastructure and make a foundation for a stable system in a along term here, people give you wierd looks and your respect and influence goes into negatives. Instead you dump everything in blood points, buy as much personal skills as possible and then go on enforcing your will and glory on everyone around you, making prosperity and security of the land depend on your prowess and your prowess alone. Make yourself irreplaceable. YOU are the state, YOU are the law, YOU are the will of gods, that's the only road to the Thrice Ninth Tsardoms in those parts.

OC here, something a little different inspired by Rick and Morty.

Spiritual mystery box when?

>bliss industries

Does Power Armor count as a vehicle for Portals?

It's kind of vapid to be honest. Sorry Blissy I'm just not feeling it.

>inspired by Rick and Morty.
I'm not even going to click on that.

Dr. Cuck

Dr. Cucking? Dr. Cuckinator?

Those tits are basically spilling from her little shirt

>Is the author for WADF here?
Yes.

Thank god the last thread was full of shitposting, I almost caught up with the present. Fuck my work for not leaving enough time for me to make CYOA builds

>Instead you dump everything in blood points, buy as much personal skills as possible
Except personal skills *also* contribute nothing toward victory conditions, so if that was supposed to be the satire, I think you missed the mark.

Just like Rick and Morty. It's meta

Biopod (7)
Nanoprobes (5)
Ocular Node (4)
Pocket World (2)
Psionic Amplifier (0)

When can I expect my choices to implement?

>Basically it's like a /pol/ satire.
You put an awful lot of effort into making useless choices for the purpose of "satire". It could have been an amazing CYOA instead of an "pretty good" one.

When you read the fucking cyoa

It needs more waifus.