>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/06/firestorm-matched-play-rules-update/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mmm love me from free cities with free peoples n shiet.

>Need to organize a new campaign in my shop
>Customers want something TotalWar-like
>People told me Firestorm suck
>Azyr Empires is overly complicated
>Sieges in the GH2017 are lame
>I have to do everything from scratch
>So much work

Will /aosg/ help me?

sure np

Why does firestorm suck? Is it a lack of expandability?

OUTTA MY WAY TOMB FUCKING SHITS

Lol what am i looking at

The Great Cities allegiance abilities are still legal for matched play and still don’t cost any points. The only change is that you won’t be able to stack the allegiance abilities from Firestorm with any others apart from the Grand Allegiance abilities. For instance, a force of Dispossessed could either choose the Dispossessed allegiance abilities from the General’s Handbook 2017 OR the Order allegiance abilities and the Hammerhal allegiance abilities. They could not take the Dispossessed and Hammerhal allegiance abilities together.

The armies of the Great Cities were always meant to represent the combined strength of the vast diaspora of the Mortal Realms working together to use advanced strategies, rather than simply providing free bonuses to already-established factions. This means you’ll be rewarded for taking a lore-appropriate, thematic force.

We’re also lifting the painting restrictions on using these allegiance abilities. You’re now free to use the Firestorm rules for the Great Cities with colour schemes and cities of your own invention, so get creative! Our Free Cities generation tables are a great place to start, and we’ve just published some of our favourite armies from around the office to inspire your own creations.

-GW Listened and acted quickly! yay

Reminder that some freelancer BL author answering questions on his livejournal site isn't AoS canon and will never be.

Hmm well at least I have to choose between anvilguard and free peoples allegiance. Kinda OP with both, esp with great companies.

When I asked how good was the whole "building and manage your empire" thing they said everything from "meh" to "it's pretty limited and uninspired".

I would like to read the rules and see the cards to be sure, but I'm not gonna buy it blindly since the total bias with Order piss me off quite a bit especially that bullshit Anvilgard.

Also we have our own map and region, so the map would be useless.

Hey at least you can't use it with subfaction allegiance abilities now.

This is really cool. They really have changed. I like all these changes.

Tomb Kings will return to buy r-right guys?

Soon

after chatting on here deciding on what to play i went down my local gw to buy some stormvermin. out of stock online and instore, my luck

Stop whinging. Humans are the predominant inhabitants of most fantasy settings and we're still waiting.

>tfw waiting on aelves

On the other hand, it does give you tons of other choices to use in your army.

Like fucking War Hydras.

I'm reposting this again from last thread. This is the last time until I revise it. I am hoping for a little more feedback.

Basically it's a 2 player narrative matched play campaign system my bro and I brainstormed. We haven't had a chance to playtest it yet, but this is what we came up with so far.

TLDR: it uses open war cards for the campaign tree, path to glory for the rewards tables, and GHB2017 matched play rules for some balance.

Let me know what you guys think!

Just make sure it doesn't die to what kills normal campaigns in AOS which is winner snowballing.

I am very familiar with snowballing and that is always a concern when building a campaign system. I have run several and learned what to do and what not to do with it.

There are 2 ways this helps prevent snowballing:

Each game has set matched play points. They may rise for both players as the campaign goes on, but both players are fielding the same points. There are some path to glory rewards used to represent things like upgrades and XP progression, but with only 4 games, and a winner getting max 2 more than the loser in a game, and that the upgrades are often good, but not game breaking, that isn't as much of a snowballer.

And finally the ruse card from open war. I want an advantage to come up for a player who won a game. They get to pick the next game to play, and pick their deployment zone. But the loser from the last game gets to draw a Ruse card automatically (the rule that having less points than your opponent giving you a ruse card is not in use here). These Ruse cards are pretty powerful and give the loser player an edge in the coming battle. It represents the general doubling down on things after suffering a loss.

These are all just theorycrafting, of course. We haven't had a chance to see the system in action, but with some campaign experience, I think this may work out. We will see though.

probably not

cool.

Imagine the Hype when Aelves get a full summer release..

I've been really enjoying TWW2, and it got me wondering if a dark Aelves (or whatever it is they're called) army with an Order allegiance could be decent. Obviously it wouldn't be taking top 30 in a tournament, but does /aosg/ think it would be at least playable?

If you are planning on doing mostly darkling covens, then you might as well go with their allegiance over Order. It's pretty good and plays well to their style. Other than that, however, just make sure you have some ranged support, and the proper hero to buff the units. Should be fun.

If you may notice, they addressed the skyport paint and rules concerns for the kharadron overlords.

Now you no longer need to paint your KO a specific color to get the skyport rules. You can do pink and purple and use barak nar rules, for example. But if you are using an official color scheme, then you must use those skyport rules.

I actually agree with this. I use 40k as an example of the worst of this. I hate seeing something like an army painted as black templars, and using ultramarines chapter tactics simply because they 'like the rules better'.

Anyway I just remember a few months back there was a lot of arguing over the skyport painting restrictions. This pretty much puts that to rest, and with a good compromise.

Darkling Covens with 2 big units of Darkshards and 2 big units of Spearmen are'nt too bad . Add whatever you like for more pts. Executioners are evil.

any other online stores apart from GW to buy age of sigmar models? the stuff i want is sold out currently in my gw store and the online store version too

they all order from gw directly, so if the gw store is sold out then every other store is on backorder

Well guys, looks like the SJWs won...

hopefully my witch elves are cheaper

Theres nothing wrong with adding some more tits to the game. I hate feminists but even I think that Warhammer has been a sausagefest for far too long. More factions like the witch elves would be awesome.

There is a lot of room to add female characters without going full retard and pandering to sjws.

They might take it too far, but Im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing is wrong with that, but the complaining of "boob plate" means only bad times ahead as that is pure feminist bs talk.

Im all for more female representation. But the thing that would get me raging is if they did female space marines.

Because at that point it goes from just having more female characters, to sheer pandering.

If they announce female space marines, you can bet I will get pissed. But pretty much any other female presence I will be cool with.

But i need to prepare, because it's only a matter of time before the very local minority wears GW down and we get femmarines.

Shit I dont think im ready for it...

Maybe. Maybe not. Have to wait and see.

go back to 40kg cheetahfag

Sounds like just good PR talk to me. Its the best answer they could have given to a potential minefield. Good on GW.

What IS the ur-phoenix though?

malerion the shadow demon aelf god

I mean it's in the name there, either the first one or the ideal hypothetical of a perfect phoenix.

how often would you say GW restocks their online store?

Female space marines would be the opposite of pandering, considering the majority want it kept in the status quo.

Pandering would be making a new unit of super strong super zealous emperor marines.

Oh wait.

There's not a single sensible reason for not including more female characters.

Not one.

So wtf are all these allegiance abilities with Firestorm?

It's pandering because it would be GW turning their back on very well established fluff that says the primarch geneseeds do not work on females. They did it all to pander to the SJW cries for female representation in their space marines.

Again, I don't mind more female models and characters, as they will fit just about anywhere. But when we have long established story and canon that establishes one thing, then it's suddenly ignored and reverse all for the sake of progressive ideals. That is pandering.

I agree.

I wouldn't mind some male Sisters of Battle though.

They are in the firestorm book. If your army includes the listed keywords, and is doing the grand alliance allegiance of those factions, then they get the additional allegiance abilities. PDF related is an example.

DLC for your free to play wargame

I would. This is again another case of established fluff dictating something like this. I don't want to have a double standard, so adepta sororitas should remain all female. Adeptus astartes should remain all male.

Adeptus astartes is all male because the primarch geneseed fails on female subjects

Adeptas sororitas is all female because as decreed by the ecclesiarchy, there shall be no MAN that takes up arms in defense of the ecclesiarchy

Lets face it SoB are basically female space marines anyway. That's probably why like only a single person has complained about it.

Yep. Like, half the Guard models should be women for starters. The Imperium should not give a shit what is between your legs as long as you can die and kill for the Emprah. Same with most factions.

I'm pretty sure that most women would be a lot less on the Female Space Marines or bust train if the rest of the game had some decent representation (and also if the Space Marines didn't often feel like the single faction GW gives a fuck about and everything that exists in the 40K universe, but I digress) instead of basically being confined to Sisters of Battle, which GW hasn't given a fuck about since before I started playing the game.

I agree. I like SoB as they are, and I like SM as they are. Primaris are a little dumb, but I can accept it.

But I would love to see SoB updated with a strong range of really cool female minis and powerful characters.

But I know that's not going to shut up the SJWs, because they are going to want equal female representation in EVERYTHING, they would probably even petition for female Orks

>All female stormcast chamber incoming

I would be all for that.

I definitely want to see more female SCE, hell I would be cool with female duardin.

But again, I draw the line at female SM

Oh. I didn't realize they'd just let armies get a bunch of free rules. Is there anywhere to see them all?

Is AoS mainstream enough to warranty Asanagi doujin?

The firestorm rulebook

I've only seen like one person complain about this, and it made the community go wild. I don't think there are as many "SJW's" complaining about no female space marines as you think.

>Imagine the Hype when Aelves get a full summer release..

my wallet is ready to dump buckets of $$$ for this.

So wait, they release 7 fucking Order abilities then toss the other alliances some table scrap? What the actual shit?

It was a result of last year's summer campaign. Since Order dominated the global campaign, they got a bunch of story stuff as a result.

If chaos took it, then we would have a bunch of chaos firestorm factions. Same for destruction and death.

That's retarded

Retarded that order took it all, or retarded that players have an actual effect on the progressing story of the setting?

>we want more community input during gw campaigns, just like the old eye of terror campaign gw ran!

>gw runs global campaign which influences the narrative

>wtf I hate gw why did you do this

the only way to win is not to play

Dear god no please
>we would have finally began working on non Stormcast models but because people wanted women minis, we made an all Female Chamber!

FUCKING NO

the real kicker is that since a lot of people already have a shitload of SCE because they're in every boxed game, nobody buys the femcast, this leads GW to believe nobody wants female models

and thus the cycle continues

Yes. Having an actual effect on things is great, but giving the winners more and more options while screwing over the losers isn't going to make the next campaign anymore varied.

Campaigns are great. Screwing over the losers isn't. There were a lot better ways to handle victory than overloading Ordercast Eternals with even more shit. They could have easily given Chaos/Order/Death 2 city rules and Order 4, which puts them at twice as much as any other alliance.

desu the city-state rules, especially now FAQ'd, are mostly trash and won't even be used

If you're running a grand order, there is literally no reason not to use them.

So rather than rewarding order for winning the campaign, we give the rewards to other factions for losing?

I bet you are all for participation awards at school events too.

Unless you have keywords in your army that do not fit them. They're not as free as you think they are

>Stonehorn suck now
>Thundertusks are awesome and look awesome
Oh, okay. I thought that Huskard on Stonehorn might be useful with his Line-breakers ability

>having twice as many rules as everyone else isn't rewarding the winning faction
Uwot

Afaik, Death is almost always GA death, so why not take some free rules. Orks and Goblins especially have no reason not to take it

Are there any useful free cities abilities for Eldritch Council and Swifthawk Agents?
I have two Spire of Dawn boxes and want to have a break from Rats for a while

Aww yiss. Female Catachans.

the city-states are extremely limited in scope, they deny a lot of optional allies.

Death taking vampirates denies them more than half of the units they could take

the destruction city-state rules are the worst of the ten

>These rules also apply to other factions with specific heraldry. For example, you could use the rules for Barak-Zilfin with a Kharadron Skyport of your own invention, but you couldn’t use them with an army painted in the colours of Barak-Urbaz.

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/06/firestorm-matched-play-rules-update/

guess you really do have to paint your fucking blimps the correct color to get your port bonuses.

>lacking this much reading comprehension

yes user, you are right, your space wolves can't magically count as ultramarines.

who would have thunk it

can you read? if you make up your own colour scheme you can use whatever rules you want

That's because they are awesome. Things that are awesome sell out.
Did you put some on order? usually don't take too long to come in.

he said in his post the webstore in his country was sold out

tfw painted the blimps for Barak-Zilfin and can never use any other port bonus unless everything gets repainted.

Can't wait for Shiniqua Brightson, a full-figured body positive female Stormcast person of color, who is full of sass and wit.

>Shadespire hexes are big enough for 50mm bases
Do you think that we will see big models like moulder warband with rat ogres and rat swarms?

if shadespire makes money GW will milk it, if it keeps making money anything is possible

GW already made vasquez back when the catachan range was still in metal.

in open and narrative play you can use whatever port-rules you want

it's only matched play where the paint rules come in, although you shouldn't use other port rules since your guys look like barak-zilfin

it would be confusing

Haha that would be great.
GW:
>NEW army coming out soon!
femcast eternals

Yes when things are sold out, you can order them or get them to contact you when back in stock

I wouldn't mind a blonde thicc dark chocolate honey-cast eternal

Voice of reason? Online? On Veeky Forums no less?

You sir, are the true rebel.

>Not using universal colours for your dudes like white-gold chaos warriors or grey monument scheme for SCE

As long as it doesn't become like game of thrones where every fucking faction is lead by a woman.

I don't have kikebook to check, but I guarantee you whoever asked this cuck question was a male. Just like all the whites asking for more diversity in race in fiction.
Women and minorities can ask for themselves you faggets.

>WHFB elf description
>For an AoS Aelf mini

Two different settings, Black Aelves with blond hair is valid and unique.