Did any other games ever get a "_.5 Edition?"

Did any other games ever get a "_.5 Edition?"

Technically anima, which has Anima: Core ("1e") and Anima: Core Exxet (2e) and between either core exxet or core (unsure now) there was a revision.

Yeah. Od&d turned into 1e D&D.

Wasn't there an AD&D then an AD&D 2e?

MtG has Type 1.5 (now called Legacy).

3.5 got Pathfinder, and 4E got the Essentials line.

4e Essentials is essentially (hurr) 4.5e.

Does anyone exclusively play 3.0 over 3.5?

Chronicles of Darkness is New World of Darkness 1.5

I knew a guy who would push for undoing certain changed between the two (certain prestige classes, improved critical, certain spells), but overall even he would probably pick 3.5 over 3.0. I'm sure there were people that felt that way when 3.5 was new, but I doubt that many people really held out that long

Back in 3rd edition, Warhammer 40k had 3.5 edition codexes.

Exalted 2e had a set of errata that people unofficially called "2.5"

At no point Core Exxet is really called a 2nd edition, since it's really compatible with all the old content, just a few revisions here and there. On the Spanish version of the core book they call it the "definitive version" instead of a new edition. Same with the other Exxet books.
So basically the whole thing is a 1.5.

The Matrix in Shadowrun goes through a few revisions within the same edition, which kinda have ripples through the entire game.

Black Crusade is the 40k rpg equivalent, with Only War/DH 2e being the secind edition.

Rifts and Rifts Ultimate Edition

AD&D and AD&D 2e were two different editions. It'd be more accurate to say that Player Options was the .5 to AD&D 2e.

AD&D 2e had a revised PHB which was essentially AD&D 2.5e.

Horus Heresy is also basically 7.5.

Call of Cthulhu (5.5)
Hero System (5e Revised)

4th edition did, they just called it "Essential " . Not only has no one else fucked up this bad but WotC fucked up that bad TWICE

AD&D turned into AD&D 2e which was essentially the same but with some minor tweaks, and later also had a revised edition of AD&D 2e core books.

I think 3.5 seemed to be a stab at a similar tradition as previous editions. But after that they changed D&D to have editions like a TCG does.

T&T had 7.5E.

We call it NNWoD

Call of Cthulhu, they even had a 5.6 edition before the release of 6th.
Legend of the Five rings had a 'revised' third edition which was essentially a 3.5.