2018 MTG SPOILERS:

2018 MTG SPOILERS:

-Rivals of Ixalan (RIX) will focus on green and white, and will feature Ajani.

-Masters 25 (A25) will include reprints of Rishadan Port, Scapeshift, and Chalice of the Void

-Dominaria (DOM) will mark the first time Counterspell has been re-introduced into Standard since 7th Edition

Suuuure

Return to Mirrodin 3 when?

But will you look silly if he's right.

K.
(You)

>reprint of rishadan port

don't get my hopes up please. the fact that it was not reprinted in eternal masters still hurts.

>Dominaria (DOM) will mark the first time Counterspell has been re-introduced into Standard since 7th Edition

Counterspell in Modern? Never.

>-Dominaria (DOM) will mark the first time Counterspell has been re-introduced into Standard since 7th Edition
yeah... nah

>RIX feature Ajani
We knew this since before the set was called Ixalan.
>Counterspell
lol no.

>Reprinting Counterspell into standard
F A K E

But will they fuck?

>-Dominaria (DOM) will mark the first time Counterspell has been re-introduced into Standard since 7th Edition
No. You could have said any variety of actual counterspells, like Daze, Disdainful Stroke, Exclude, Desertion etc. and it would have been more believable.

Here, let me do your job better:
>rivals of Ixalan will include a mythic dinosaur tutor at the cost of RWG
>Masters 25 is going to reprint doubling season, phyrexian obliterator, and the cycle of mox
>DOM will mark the first time phasing and infect are in the same standard environment.

You know, it's not the Counterspell or the Masters 25 reprints that say this is fake.
It's the 'focus on green and white'. They did that once before, with Judgment, and a focus on black in Torment. They learned to never ever do that again because it fucks everything up, and if anything Wizards is once bitten, twice shy.
Counterspell? I could see them printing it as an attempt to have a BIG SPLASHY NOSTALGIC REPRINT for the set and shut people up about Counterspell in Modern finally. Especially if Dominaria has a big nostalgia theme. like Time Spiral without as many keywords Again, the whole once bitten twice shy thing. A shame, Time Spiral was great
The reprints I could see if they're doing a Tenth Edition/FtV20 deal where they're taking at least one well-known card from every set and putting it in because 25th anniversary Masters set. If they're not doing something like that, there's no reason to put all of those in there from a financial viewpoint, sadly.
Ajani's a given regardless. No points for that one.

Artifact block every 6 years so 2022.
Incidentally, next Standard banning 2022.

Wonder what it'll be that time around.
"Last minute change"? "Didn't see the combo"? "Retarded levels of synergy"? Or just good old "Holyfuck broken"?

Any lands that can shuffle my deck in monoU?

Maybe one-card infinite combos getting Gatherer'd before release day (like just happened).

You say that like Evolving Wilds and/or Terramorphic Expanse won't be eternally in standard.

Evolving wilds. Also the new land destruction card from IXL, forsaken something. Let's you sac to blast a nonbasic land and both players search for basic lands and put them on to the battlefield.

There's Inventor's fair if you're going for artifact monoU.

Wut?

Or are you talking about for ixlan the other week, not like, today.

2018 MTG SPOILERS INCOMING!!!

STANDARD RELEASES WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE ZERO IMPACT ON MODERN, LEGACY, VINTAGE AND COMMANDER AND WILL COMPRISE OF THE EXACT SAME 200 CARDS BUT WITH A SET APPROPRIATE TWIST

>Zero Impact on Modern
Fatal Push
>Zero Impact on Legacy
Abrade
>Zero Impact on Vintage
Walking Ballista/Hangarback Walker

>Rivals of Ixalan (RIX) will focus on green and white, and will feature Ajani.

Sure

>Masters 25 (A25) will include reprints of Rishadan Port, Scapeshift, and Chalice of the Void

I can believe Scapeshift and maybe Chalice but not Port.

>Dominaria (DOM) will mark the first time Counterspell has been re-introduced into Standard since 7th Edition

No way. WotC has beaten the "muh blue counterspell boogey man control deck" drum so fucking hard over the last few years.

>STANDARD RELEASES WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE ZERO IMPACT ON MODERN
What
Every fucking set releases something playable in Modern.

Hm, seems reasonab--

You almost had me, user

>implying next artifact block wont be return to kaladesh
>still wont leave the main city

Let's take a look at every set from BFZ to HOU and examine the Modern playables, shall we?

>BFZ
Ulamog

>OGW
TKS and Reality Smasher

>SOI
Prized Amalgam and Insolent Neonate

>EMN
Spell Queller, Collective Brutality, and Liliana the Last Hope

>KLD
Enemy fastlands and Cathartic Reunion

>AER
Fatal Push, Baral, and Walking Ballista

>AKH
Gideon of the Trials

>HOU
Ramunap Excavator and Hour of Promise

But yeah, new sets have absolutely zero impact on Modern. And this was all without even including the 15 minutes of fame cards (Nahiri and Vizier of Remedies) or the less important supporting cards (Sanctum of Ugin, Cinder Glade, Traverse the Ulvenwald, Selfless Spirit, Chandra ToD, Spire of Industry, etc...)

They're right tho. Name a set since tarkir that hasn't had a card show up in modern

Origins.

Ixalan will absolutely make an impact on Modern as well. Opt and Search for Azcanta will obviously see a ton of play, but there are other cards with potential as well. Sorcerous Spyglass, Field of Ruin, and Chart a Course, to name a few.

Hangarback and jace have been played at some point

But they were flashes in the pan, even more so than things like Nahiri and Vizier of Remedies. So no, Hangarback and Jace VP don't really count.

>impact on modern
I don't want to say you're goal post moving, but the point is they have had an impact at some point. The meta evolves and that's why certain cards don't show up. You can't expect every set to have representation desu

WotC will reprint Counterspell, and in the same set will print a red Force of Will card for parity, and will pre-emptively ban both from modern before the set ever hits street date.

It's the perfect solution.

>They learned to never ever do that again because it fucks everything up, and if anything Wizards is once bitten, twice shy.

Shame as I always thought a cool idea for a block would be a plane with a dominant color where the conflict was between monocolor, shard, wedge, and guild-like factions. But then Torment was one of my favorite sets so I'm heavily biased.

Field's hot for the colorfixing alone.

>Counterspell in Standard
>Counterspell in Modern
Fuck off.

Ajani is in Dominaria.

-Dominaria (DOM) will mark the first time Counterspell has been re-introduced into Standard since 7th Edition
Aaaaaand fake

could you include torrential on the KLD list?

Dwynen's elite, Harbinger of the tides, Mom and Dad, Dark Petition and even Exuisite Firecraft still see some sideboard play beyond modern.

Do you even play eternal formats??

>-Rivals of Ixalan (RIX) will focus on green and white
I'll be fucking amazed if they actually print a Green card worth playing.

They DO have planes with dominant colors.
They just have it color the flavor of everything rather than one color getting more cards than the others and ruining draft.
Innistrad is dominantly black, for example, while Zendikar is green as fuck and Kaladesh is blue.

Titan's strength, shaman of the pack

woops, didn't direct

In modern, Opt is an instant speed, almost sleight of hand. It's seeing very little play because serum visions is better, sleight of hand is better, and Thoughtscour is better. Opt does have a home, I feel, in esper control and UR Through the Breach.