Are they really that bad?

Are they really that bad?

Bad at what? Tabletop-wise? they're equal to chaos warriors so they're fine.

fluff-wise? depends if you like the fluff overall for sigmar.

Can you be more specific?

If anything convinces me that Sigmar is one of the lost primarchs, it's this.

"good" aligned chaos warrior types isn't really something I'd have a problem with (I mean, grail knights did it and I love them), but their miniature line is kind of terrible

I like them. Their aesthetic is pretty cool, with the stardrakes and all that. Their fluff is also an interesting take on the fantasy super soldier.

I just wish they werent pushed and shoved in every fucking box gw releases. But 40k is getting the same treatment with space marines and primaris marines. so I shouldnt be surprised honestly

I think the more fluff they get, the more they grow on me. Still not perfect, but given some time I think they could be compelling.

Aesthetically, I think it was a bit of a shock to the system to go from both WHFB and 40k human being almost entirely baroque and gothic to experimenting with Art Deco. Once I made that connection the art of azyrheim and the stormcast became more tolerable.

Ah yes, a synagogue of sigmar

>For the emperor/for sigmar
>Thunder hammers
>"Stormbolt pistols" (hand crossbows)/bolters
>Deep strike
>All look the same
>Pauldrons
>Chapters/Chambers
>in every fucking box
>Not space marines

>Hey mom, I called stormcast and GW Jews again, am I original yet?

It's just Cheetahfag or Slavfag whatever he is called now.

He's the Autistic Troll of /AoSg/

SCE Hebrew hammers detected

>Lord Celestant
>Lord Castellant
>Lord Veritant
>Celestant Prime
>Fulminators
>Judicators
>Liberators
>Decimators
>Venators
>Consussors
>Retributors
>Prosecutors
>Tempestors
>Desolators
>Protectors

A++10/10

Pretty interesting how Firestorm basically fluffs them as sort of the police of the realms, with each tasked with overseeing cities.

You tell me.

They could have worked as an anti-daemon army within the actual WHFB world. Basically a force of celestial sigmarian heroes that appears to aid the empire when the winds of magic are strong enough.

What they became was shit tho

That would have been way better. They could have been like ogres statwise

They could've worked as chaos warriors of Malal

So grail knights of sigmar?

Might be better, I still hate the aesthetic.
They should be less bulky and more ornate.

The Blanche original works much better.

they look cool, but they symbolize everything wrong with GW

I think they look cool as well. They are the COOLEST

I hated them at first but they grew on me. I like the direction they're taking with the fluff; strong narrative themes of identity and individuality. The tragedy of an eternity of warfare, enslaved to the will of a god you used to worship in life - immortality at the cost of losing a part of your soul every time you are reborn.

>warhammer quest
>one model is a stormcast

That's some really shitty cherrypicking there lad

grail knights are magically infused but still mortal humans, they exist on the planet. These guys would basically exist in warp and appear/be summoned when they could, like daemons in WHFB

>immortality at the cost of losing a part of your soul every time you are reborn.
Like necrons?
Or like semi-thousand sons?
or like this guy?

Thats literally the lizardmen now

>Picking 1 of the 7 examples
That's some really shitty cherrypicking there lad

Yes, yes, and yes.

I HATE them and what happened to the old world. Maybe its better that the old world was allowed to die with some grace before GW ripped the trappings from its corpse for this abortion but I hate it. The change in rules was annoying but I truly, absolutely, entirely loathe everything about the fluff in Age of Sigmar, the stormkikes most of all. Why did the fantasy setting need space marine? Why the fuck do they have to be in every semi - interesting box you put out? You stinking, cretinous, honorless shitbirds.

And you know what? I refuse to play against your cuckcasteternals. I lose out on some games, but maybe it will change something. Probably not. Rotten cunts, look what you did to it all. At least you gave the corpse to CA who have done something mildly interesting with it. Certainly did more for the Brets than you shits did in the last decade before you threw the whole thing out. And the writing for that matter. Fuck your cretinous lawyers too.

Not quite. Every time the stormcast are killed their "souls" go back to Azyr to be broken and reforged into a new body and thrown back into the conflict. They lose part of their humanity, coming back less emotional and with some of their memories missing.

The fluff has hinted that its because Nagash is taking a part of their soul when they die.

I never said it was a totally original concept, just that I like it.

NO. Its NOTHING like them.
Lizardmen teleport onto the battle field. Stormcast don-...
I mean Lizardmen are Order units that have high armor and are made from dead warrior-...
I mean Lizardmen hate chaos whereas Stormcas-...
I mean Lizardmen ride a big reptile with huge fangs and claws, whereas the Stormca-....

LIZARDMEN ARE GREEN AND STORMCAST ARE GOLD. FUCKU . THERE SEE IM RIGHT

Woahhhh two factions are somewhat similar??? That's crazy, they must be totally identical!!

Id refuse to play them too but id say 50% of my store is already SCE.

>50% of my store is already SCE.
Do not play 50% of players

What army is best optimized to kill SCE, like how people would use 1ksons or Necrons to kill Space marines.

Should I look for rend or mortal wounds? Some SCE get to 1+ save pretty easy... I'm guessing bloodletters?

>Never got into fantasy asides from a brief interest in lizardmen
>nearly a decade later, WHFB is kill, don't think about it
>try Total Warhammer after sale out of curiosity
>fall in love with Empire
> tfw Total Warhammer is all I'll ever have of WHFB or Mordhiem

>Stormcast are basically Einherjar Roman legionares who ride lightning down from Heaven to kill dudes and save people

>Seraphon or Lizardmen are the Living Memories of Ancient Toad wizards who are remembered into existence via space magic and yet remember each new experience when they ever dissipate

Bruh. Ebay.
Or if you want to spend a lot of money but have guaranteed new pieces, GW's site sells Empire units, usually under the title "Freeguild."
Or just search "human" in their search bar. You'll get quite a few Empire models.
Just bought Karl Franz's model after years of not finding his newest plastic model for a decent price. It's called "Freeguild General on Griffon, but the box he was shipped in still labels him as Karl Franz on Deathclaw.

demigod roman legions, what's not to like?

Of course, they would be received much better if GW stopped pushing them into everything.

Compared to what we had, yes.

If this a World of Warcraft reboot it wouldn't be so egregious.

Kek, Hebrew protectors.

Lizards are demons. It's literally in their keyword. They're order demons, and that's how they remember each new experience, because they're demons given shape by Slaan much like Chaos gods give their demons specific shapes.

Somehow, despite being even more unabashedly the good guys than any other mascot unit of GW, their aesthetic makes them seem the most over-the-top robot killjoys.
Which is apparently 100% not in keeping with what they eventually decided their personality is.

>The Blanche original
Hmmmmm?

>Total Warhammer is all I'll ever have of WHFB or Mordheim

bruh

I do think less armour would have been good, show some of the person inside it. More Warrior Priest, less Space Marine. That or go the opposite direction and have them actively be automatons with no human inside.

open up baby, it's time for spoonfeeding.

The robes do a LOT to help the general look there.

Hoo boy, I forgot how much I don't like Blanche since quitting 40k.

yeah, I mean it's hit and miss for sure, but it's at least visually interesting. Their models are just so bland and need something to break things up a bit. Somebody mentioned that stormcast are more art deco compared to baroque warhammer we're all used to, but there was patterning and detail to the style as well. Break up their armor with some panels like pic related or something.

Stop whinging about stormjews for a second.

I just bought the anvilgard box (I SAID STOP WHINING ABOUT SCE) and im wondering what i can add to the scourge privateers to make them better. Ive already got a sorceress, dreadlord on cold one and im considerin making a master on steed. So;

Fleetmaster general
Sorceress
Dreadlord on cold one
Master on steed

10 corsairs with crossbow
10 corsairs with twin swords
Scourge chariot

Kharibdyss

Realm reaver battallion.

What else do i add/ replace?

Or hell, go full Boccioni and make em flowing metal sculptures instead of cloned fatties

Have a variety of forms for different units instead of just swapping their gear. If you're gonna make them the new face of your IP then at least make them interesting.

Is there an aos version of this?

>8 editions spanning 30 years
>sets released within 2 years
Someone fucking desperate to shit on stormkikes

That would have been preferable.

It could also have been set in a WHFB Post-apocalypse world. Forces of order all unite to fuck back against Chaos and whilst they do get curb-stomped and raped they do fuck over chaos enough that their reign is not eternal.

Skip forwards a few centuries.

Dark Elves retook Ulthuan for and ruled there happily fuck up for the next 30 years before the spells holding everything up failed and the whole place sank. All that is left is a patch of islands that were once mountain tops inhabited by mostly the former High Elf slaves and their children.

There were some High Elf settlements on the western coast of the old world, some even survived in a more primitive state.

Empire is dead. There are Empire remnants operating out of old crumbling castles trying to keep the light of Sigmar's civilization burning but most of them are regressed back to little more than tribals.

The forests have regrown over fields left unattended given that most of everyone is dead. The roads are over grown as people don't travel through the forests if they can help it. Typically mankind is found along the rivers and coasts. Beastmen have the forests now, boats are salvation. If you can get to a boat they can't usually follow you.

Wood Elves are the only other fuckers mad enough to travel the woodlands. Their self-appointed holy task is to ensure that the Greenskins, Skaven and Beastmen and other such monsters keep trying mutually exterminate each other. Whilst they are being herded into this task they are less of a bother to others.

Nagash is in a perpetual internal war with the old kings of Nehekhara, trying to gain some manner of control over them (Vashanesh von Carstein and his ilk are a problem for later). The kings have expanded their realm to it's former vastness.

No, because AoS is an awful setting, and 90% of the factions don't even have fluff yet.

Thanks, but I didn't ask for you're shitty opinion and lack of knowledge of AoS

Lucky you, you got truthful answer free of charge

The lands of the Vampires are the last real vestige of civilization. Their predatory rulers and undead armies were powerful enough to turn back the armies of damnation. In the times of Chaos multitudes came to them for shelter. A few offered in sacrifice per month was, it seemed, a fair price.

The dwarves are a broken people. They are not extinct but they can see it from here (but who can't?). They make up all of the metal worker families in the Empire Remnants. Forming close knit communities viewed with suspicion by the humans but too invaluable to chase out. Too loyal also. If one has pledged his forge-skill to a lord then that lord has a new smith. In the inter-Remnant fighting they get left alone, any lord stupid enough to target them find himself without new metal.

It is whispered that Karak Drak may have survived to some extend but nobody has been to or from Norsca in generations.

Zlatlan is the last besieged Lizard city. Nobody knows what happened to Lustria and nobody is going to go looking for a good long while. They take some comfort in the new spawning of Frog Priests but not at the cost of they have lost.

See

Lol. I'd rather have the no-background AoS than this fanwankery. Thank god grimderp is kill.

Wow, you got TWO honest answers. That's incredible!

I like the general idea, after a fashion: Undying Einherjar warriors, Daemons of Order, taking back the world after a long dark. Thematically it's very Symphonic Metal. The problem is it came at the expense of the old setting and style in complete, while trying to create something new (and copywrite-able) they threw out the baby with the bathwater

Better to have fractured the old world into floating islands of order with chaos seeping through the cracks, each realm held together by it's own different power and flavour.

No. They had to get rid of the old community, which was rabidly anti-GW. No company can afford to have the core of their consumers hate them.

I dunno, Comcast does ok

But with that you can have a shit load of tournaments that determine how the world gets rebuilt.

Instead we have pic related.

They outright own your ass if you want to have internet, being a local monopoly has it's advantages.

>it came at the expense of the old setting and style
Stormcast would not have blended well with the old style at all, and the Fantasy players would not have accepted them, and we all know it.
Despite them basically being Order Chosen with a different name, the fact that there would have been a greater than human force that wasn't Chaos aligned would have sent Fantasy players screaming about how they were making space marines in their Fantasy, or taking away the beloved ideal of regular humans against incredible, inhuman forces- oh, wait, it happened anyway.

Yes but imagine the suffering squeals of carnac

Remember how the AoS launched with no competitive rules? They saw the old tournament scene for what it was- a force in driving noobs away, not in, and decided to get rid of it. WFB had an incredibly toxic playerbase that was a dead weight to GW since they never bought anything new anyway.

Yes, these would sell like hotcakes. Fucking retard.

Then they could have made a setting that was something other than The Space Marines of Eternia. My issue isn't that they annoyed the grognards because that's never not going to be funny and my complaint isn't how the Storm Cast look like Space Marines. My complaints are about the fluff and the lack of effort put in to it.

I like them, they are opposite of space marines in may regards and I am not one to like space marines

Also I like idea that stromcast can be an ork or a woman, which sort of makes all the silly ideas like !female space marines work in cannon of at least one warhammer type

false, they are human and only human

This game is fun but some of the campaign levels are bullshit

They are souls, I recall them being almost any soul, if I am wrong oh well, then time for me to catch up on fluff

>Not fat
>less faggy looking
Whyd we get this shit instead?

I love those models and the Kharibdyss but they aren't that good.
You should probably ally in swordmasters or something.

Human only, because Sigmar only has authority over human souls. They also have bodies beneath the armor, sadly.

Oh, dang it, say where could I catch up on fluff?

Lizardmen are blue. With gold trim.

good question.

I'm not quite sure where they fucked up with the sculpts of SCE. Chaos Warriors manage to look not as same-face as SCE, neither do Space Marines.
Maybe they should have tried with more different types of armour, instead of "big guy with hammer and shield", "Big guy on gryph", "big guy with huge crossbow" and "Big guy on retard dragon". Honestly, how does one manage to make the concept of "Knight riding a big dragon" look boring?

They're great conversion fodder.

They all have the same helmet, and same armor plate. SM come in varied MKs of armor, chaos has a dozen helmet and bits variations. They look like Ford knights.

Yeah, especially the constant ":-|"-face on their helmet bothers me.
Admittedly, all other factions had a lot more time to develop, but even GW should have realised this wasn't a good idea. Imagine Space Marines being a new faction for 40k, with only one armour mark available, no Terminators, no Dreadnoughts, one tank at best and nothing else. I don't think anyone would buy into that.

>Imagine Space Marines being a new faction for 40k, with only one armour mark available
Every unit has different armour. The Stormcast are much like the space marines and especially the new Primaris Marines.

You've got your basic Liberator Armour which is Power Armour.
You've got the heavier Paladin Armour which is the equivalent of the Terminator/Aggressor Armour.
Each unit will also have their own unique helmets, which runs parallel to the assorted helmets of the Space Marines.

this . k
i think i will use my stormcast with some blightKings spre bits and make more blightkings

considering how much fantasy fags flipped their shit when ogres were introduced as a new army, seeing the stormcast appear would have been a fucking riot.

This guy gets it. Yield not one inch to the Nu-GW shits, but take from them their sculpts and everything of value and craft something good from it.

or you could not be a faggot and let people enjoy what they want to enjoy

Doesn't do much for me since they seem content to expand on the bits they like while continuing to leave gaping holes all over the place. They still haven't fleshed out some of the most basic parts of the lore and signs point to them never getting filled. It's a trainwreck.

This would play the ever loving shit out of that.

This looks like the shit a 12 emo kid makes in the back of class instead of listening to the history lecture.

Or you could not be a faggot and call out the faggots enjoying stupid shit.

With established lore not getting tossed out and letting the Stormcast actually be the spirits of past heroes of the Empire returned to wreak vengeance on Chaos, they would have loved it.

If I could have an army lead by Lord Celestant Karl Franz, I would throw all the money at it.

Wow that's bullshit. When I asked why I couldn't use my Empire army proper, the excuse was
>humans are too weak to take the fight to Chaos anymore, let Ground marines police the realms.
Now it's
>Humans are too weak to defend their own shit anymore, let the Ground Marines patrol their lands.
If you really want me gone that badly GW, just say so. Stop pussyfooting around it.