/edhg/ - EDH/Commander General

Pray the Gay Away Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: Favorite tribe to play in Commander and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-way-of-all-flesh-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

REMINDER
putting your dick in a butt is fine as long as you have a condom AND youre married

my favorite tribe is Knights

>not playing charm tribal

>you're married

how does that make sense

what do you mean?

gotta be married before you do anything sexual with that person

>Thread Question: Favorite tribe to play in Commander and why?
i think tribal alone is pretty boring but all of my decks have some degree of tribal synergy to accentuate the overall strategy.

THREAD QUESTION 2: What deck would Jesus play to keep the gay out of magic?

apparently he cant keep it out of the church so what makes you think he could keep it out of magic?

If I had to guess, Geist of Saint Traft Voltron.

Iona is sexy

i'm sikh so many my understanding of this kind of religion is lacking but i though jesus loved everybody and knelt to comfort the disfigured leper who was cast out by society

>cast out
haha magic cards

i guess my answer is WURBG pauper group hug :-)

Post'em boys. Also, fresh OC coming through

>Thread Question
Snakes are really fun, but I've always wanted to do God tribal, I'm just struggling to figure out how to make it really work.

am i the only person who struggles to make my decks as unique from each other as possible?

meaning i dislike running the same cards in multiple decks. (some staples obviously don't count)

>Pray the Gay Away Edition
????

>Favorite tribe to play in Commander and why?
I've yet to make a tribal deck but at some point I guess I'd make a vampire deck just to finally have a reason to play my beloved Olivia in MP.

>He brings his girlfriend to EDH night at LGS
>Flirt with that GF just enough to fuck with the guy's confidence
>Don't be obvious but target him throughout game so he has a bad game and his lack of skill and waste of money become apparent to his GF

>favorite tribe
Used to be elementals, now the new tribal commanders are out, Im torn between vampires and elementals. I jist want to make everyone dead and I cant decide if free lightining bolts or death by 1000 cuts is better.

>????
The faggots got into shitposting territory to almost derail the thread.

why do you post these

no one ever replies to any of these

Is this new though?

So how casual do you have to be to have a group be cool with un cards? Not a mass amount but like 4-6 tops

Be prepared to have someone punch your teeth out with that kind of attitude. I have known plenty of people that will maul you just for looking at their girl friend.

Then they get kicked out of the store which is a win anyway lol

>dat gwafa hazid bio tho

anyone should allow these if theyre the fun type like the cheese stands alone or ashnods coupon

but if youre dropping a gleemax dont expect the table to let it slide
cheatyface is iffy

it really depends on the power level of the card, Ive reanimated my coupon a few times a game

If they weren't violent they would just put you in your place by telling you to stop. Generally speaking, being a douchebag to other people by flirting with their partners in a magic shop will lead to people not playing with you just by rumor.

does thromok rely on doubling season? i've thought about building it but i feel like it would be weak to sweeps.

not having haste and trample really puts a damper on it.

best way to deal with this bitch? its mainly a recursion deck that abuses the graveyard and ETB effects. full of artifacts obviously. long ass turns and complicated board states

True.

>Favorite tribe to play in Commander and why?

Faerie/Rogue

I have Edric right now, and he's pretty swell. I really, really want to do Dimir or Sultai colored rogues though, but anything I come up with just seems like a less efficient, more diluted version of Edric.

I've been giving thought to Vela with a lot of bounce/board control, Sygg with rogues. Oona would seem like an obvious choice but I've tried her before and found that milling my opponents usually worked to their advantage if I couldn't exile their graveyard repeatedly and instantly and/or had a leyline of the void in my opening hand

At my pre-release I opened a foil Hostage Taker and am unsure if I want to sell her while she's high, but I like the art and mechanics a lot, and just want to have rogues, pirates, and ninjas bouncing around, stealing stuff, blinking, evading, etc.

>I'm just struggling to figure out how to make it really work.
Child of Alara runs them pretty nicely. It ends up being more of an indestructible goodstuff deck, and there are simply better things you can do with CoA. Also the gods are all over the board as far as strategies and strength in EDH goes.
Karona for flavor and tribal buffing. Again, that deck can be more fun by doing other things.
I haven't looked hard at the 4 color or partner commanders and their relevant gods, but there might be something interesting in those. I wouldn't go for any 3 color Commanders except maybe in Grixis for the bug gods.

While doubling season is in the deck, it's won plenty without it. Usually if you're dropping Thromok you already have a way to give him trample/haste/some immediate damage effect. It's by no means unstoppable though and enough wipes really does neuter him

I still daydream about that moment from time to time.

they come back

Submit, artifacts are inherently broken.

Are you talking about some autismo mateguarding or something?

I'm thinking about building this.

How long before I lose all my friends?

blood moon, dustbowl + crucible, hercules recall, ignore them and go infinite

>God Tribal
Progentius and then use Constellation effects/Enchantress for card draw. Fill the rest with enchantments where creature types matter like Cover of Darkness, and Kindred Discovery. Then round it out with tribal staples like Metallic Mimic, Adaptive Automaton, Belbe's Portal Door of Destinies, etc.

I see a lot of people say Child of Alara is good too, but I think Progenitus fits better since he activates practically all of the gods at once, and can easily body anyone if he gets through. I get that CoA is a boardwipe on a stick in a list full of indestructible beaters, so either would work, but CoA seems a bit underwhelming to me in comparison to the monstrous bomb that Proggy is.

Consulate Crackdown
Kalemne's Captain
Merciless Eviction

pic, Return to Dust, Merciless Eviction

Was reliquary tower in any of the precons, cause im looking for mine and im starting to think i never had one.

Rest in Peace
Bajuka Bog
Tormod's Crypt

Literally any graveyard hate

Rules question:

I attack with Nacatl War-Pride and it makes some tokens. Something makes extra tokens, say Anointed Procession or Parallel Lives. Are the tokens created by the enchantments exiled as well, or just the ones Nacatl War-Pride produced?

2014-2016 had printings.

>sikh
Hahahaha why?

It was printed in multiple commander sets. The gatherer tells you this.

trouble is that i need to keep clearing that GY over and over. ive used merciless eviction before but it doesnt stop the endless oncoming of creatures and shit

>ignore them and go infinite
not my wincon

the enchantments doesn't make the tokens, it just makes nactl war pride make more. same rules apply.

probably has to do with my parents/culture i presume

Thats probably it, i bought the green and blue planeswalker commander precons and the tower was in the deretti list i didnt end up getting

So anyone got the new judge foils?

Got a foil Prismatic Geoscope today.

Get graveyard hate + ETB ability hate then

Hmm, okay. What about Second Harvest or Parallel Evolution? Those specify they take existing tokens and copy them. Or, perhaps, a populate effect - are the token copies exiled at the end of turn?

I'm too lazy to make a picture so...

>Meriek Ri Berit
Flicker, Reanimator and Control. I tend to forget that I even have a general most of the time. Made for 1v1, but can also hold itself pretty well in Multiplayer.

>Narset
[One More Time playing while casting multiple extra turn/combat spells]. Runs no creature at all. Exclusively 1v1.

>Alesha
Toolbox Aggro with most of the common Alesha shenenigans. Can hold itself pretty well in both 1v1 and Multiplayer.

>Keranos
Started as a joke deck full of old red/blue cards that didn't match the modern color pie (Psionic Blast, Kill Shot, etc.). It's slowly becoming a Chaos deck full of Enchantments that fuck the game and MLDs. Exclusively for Multiplayer.

>UG Ezuri (W.I.P.)
The most average Ezuri that you'll ever see. Cast critters, buff them and kill people. Has a little of an Infect Tribal and a even smaller Elf Tribal. Made for 1v1.

>Animar (W.I.P.)
Eldrazi tribal. Simple as that. Made for Multiplayer.

There is graveyard hate printed every time that a set interacts with the graveyard.
>Relic of Progenitus
>Tormod's Crypt
>RIP
>Bojuka Bog
>Grafdigger's Cage
>Crook of Condemnation
>a shitload more that I can't remember right now

Was it a bad idea to try to get into MTG via EDH? I had never played it before, tried it with a group who pretty much exclusively play that format. Made a few gimmick teams, mostly based around creature types, kept getting destroyed by one of the players who exclusively played monoblue with the exception of a single blue/black game. Turned into a real shitshow when I managed to figure out what my deck's win condition was, get it all set up, then swing only to get everything shoved back into my hand and then my hand discarded. Haven't tried again since.

Bad group, bad format, or was that about what I should be expecting trying to get into this game and format? Because making things like a ninja assault deck were fun (if a little confusing due to a refusal to aid in deckbuilding by anyone in the group) but man, game is ruthless.

Umm if the girl is okay with him spending time and money on nerdy card games she'd probably rather he was a good sport that had fun than some autist who cares a lot about winning

With effects like annointed procession they are sacd/exiled, but if you ended the turn when the sac/exile trigger happens you get to keep them. Also populate is the exception and makes a fresh token of the token without the sac/exile restrictions. Fun fact populated tokens are also token tokens.

I pulled a Masterwork Steel Overseer today. It made me happy.

seems like i need a shitload of it though. enough to really throw my decks off balance

Getting to know mtg through EDH is kinda hard. Although it is completely possible, it would be way easier to start from Standard, Modern, and then EDH. Mostly because of complexity issues.

multiplayer commander is a bad entry point because there is too much going on for someone learning the rules of the game, threat assessment, deck construction etc. It's far easier to make a decent 60 card deck than it is to make a decent commander deck

Commander is the most fun format, but it also requires the most knowledge. Don't let the negative experience ruin the game for you, get used to MtG through some 1v1, then return to EDH when you got some more knowledge and a better group.

Seriously, I've never heard of a group that refuses to help a new player build or improve on his deck, fuck those turbo autists.

>Token token
Is there anything that cares about something like that?

Anyways, thanks. I'm fiddling with a pretty terrible WG token deck with Mirri as the commander.

>$35 version of a $3 card
>not even new art

Honestly, GW group hug is probably closer. Though he did occasionally dip into Red.

if you cant handle such a weak sounding mono blue deck you couldnt handle any other format besides standard

I think the best way to get into it is with a couple of friends who are also curious so ya buy like a few fatpacks and each build some basic kitchen table magic till one of you starts buying singles
then when those decks get out of hand look into going to your card shop on fridays for standard, then when that gets too expensive look into modern and turn your standard out of rotation cards into edh decks and then youve got a sold card pool and have made a few new friends at your lgs and if you ever wanna get more into it you could invest in legacy

What can I say, I'm a sucker for shiny cards. Also paid $15 for it, not $35.

is ajani the jesus of mtg?

I'd think his dad did, but Jesus never seemed to feel all that red to me.

I wish bloom tender would drop in price

>Ramirez DePietro is a male

I always fapped to the card art as a kid because I thought it was a girl

If it's a serious problem, run an Anafenza Hatebears deck every time you see a Breya at the table. If the rest of the table isn't helping you to keep a Breya player's board in check, it's completely warranted.

>tfw $75 in foil now
Well, I'm glad I already have a foil bloom tender

sounds like youre bi for traps

thats kind of the problem. the rest of the table doesnt really adapt to the changing meta

Not a single thing cares about being a token of a token, and if you populate it another time, it wont make a token token token, just a token token.

Here's some budget friendly grave hate

holy shit thats awesome thanks

I need to see that Pharika decklist

why deck protectors though
if someone bounces it to your hand you're goofy

and can you post phelddagrif list? curious

>he doesnt run his entire 100 in top loaders

fuckin pleb, if all my cards had an oversized commander version id run my 100 in that

Haven't got it online yet, but I can start working on it now just for you friend

ew

Probably. He's a bit Aslan and Aslan was blatantly Jesus.

if a card is creating tokens which are copies of the nacatl tokens then they won't exile at the end of your turn. similarly you could use sundial of the infinite to end your turn and avoid the exile.

here, I plan on starting up a mono-white waifus deck but I need to decide the commander first

You definitely have to play with friendly dudes and everybody had to be playing decks with similar power levels

If you meet those conditions it's excellent fun, if you don't it's lame. Idk why nobody wanted to help you with your decks that's one of my favorite things to do

Any ideas for a Talrand deck?

I always thought it would be cool to play jori en, with talrand, young pyromancer, guttersnipe, metallurgic summonings, and purphoros all together, casting tons of cantrips and Counterspells

sounds like mizzix would be a better commander for that but would attract more hate

I like it tho

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-way-of-all-flesh-1/

Here ya go. Play it early as group hug and then do silly things with Ward of Bones and Portcullis . Eternal Scourge and Oaths are also great Pharika tech.

I played one game of EDH today with my monogreen deck and completely stomped.

My deck might not be fun anymore.

Jesus would be one of those fags that plays hippo or goat with an actual group hug deck and just tries to make the game balanced

I can only play with pic related when I get stoned because it requires the least amount of complex thought.

RINKO CHAN IS CUTE
CUTE!!!!!!

DUDE WEED LMAO

Pretty much.

>tfw every motherfucker plays this in my playgroup as their wincon in gr decks
>we all smoke weed
I hate you so fucking much xenagod.

is xenagod the snoop dog of mtg?