/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archive and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Interesting CYOA Mechanics edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4tvAjX5ACPo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wasn't loved as a child.

>I wasn't loved as a child.
Few of us here, user, have enough love in our lives. We do the best we can.

>Pasille wants to be impregnated by you.
>People don't like her because Arios broke with her.

People don't like her because she was so attached to the old hero and because she was pursuing him while she was married. They don't want to use the old hero's cum dumpster, and they don't like cheaters.

That belongs in the last thread, user. Post CYOAs or builds. It's not time to shitpost the new bread.

>Arios broke her
you know very well that it's the other way around. Arios was a perfect waifu until Passile began to stray, even if it was only emotionally at that point.

What is the best Beri CYOA and why is it this one? If I pick the shitty succubus does that mean she can hook me up with more of her contacts seeing as how she's not time limited?

>Interesting CYOA Mechanics
It's far from my favorite from him, but this one I thought had a pretty unique system with wrath and prayers and such

If Arios didn't want to get divored why didn't she apologize once she learned the Hero rejected Pasille?

Why would she apologize when her wife still tried to fuck the guy?

Pasille is too easy. She'll love you no matter what and actively try and fuck you as long as you're in the Thrones or are friendly to them.

The best is still Branching Heart (and Twile is best girl) summoner is pretty good at least

Royal Revival.

Tainted by the sequel

Headphones, Shooting Star, and Cherry Blossom. Special: Broken Chain.

Three extra lives is just a full tier above everything else on there, so that's a no brainer. Will spend most evenings gazing passively at the night sky while listening to five audio feeds (mastering languages, e.g.)

Cherry Blossom is just freakin' useful and exploitable.

Pasille didn't try to fuck anyone though. In fact she never had sexual relations.

Same could be said about Ciel

>Same could be said about Ciel
She's a tsundere, you have to put in a little work to break through her shell. Pasille has no shell. She doesn't even care if you're fucking Ciel or any of her other sisters. She will come for your dick regardless.

What happened to ZBG

youtube.com/watch?v=4tvAjX5ACPo

The carry over mechanism here is slightly interesting.

But mainly it's just a good CYOA.

Last we heard, he had lost motivation and was in the middle of moving.

ZBG and DSA were last seen fighting to the death on the edge of a volcano.

>She doesn't even care if you're fucking Ciel or any of her other sisters?
Citation needed?

Italics said that it's pretty much guaranteed that Pasille will be attracted to you and trying to start a romantic relationship if you're n the Thrones or friendly to them. So yeah, it's clearly not a problem. Remember she kept going after the other hero even while he was banging other women.

I'm surprised you haven't said her easiness is a good thing yet. Made the argument that her loving you no matter what is a positive.

>Pasille
>Ciel
>Arios

What CYOA by Italics is this?

Pokemon Personified. Pasille is a Ho-Oh, Ciel is a Rayquaza, and Arios is a Lugia.

Sorry, I know not everyone enjoys seeing WiPs, but because this is going to be a project with so many characters I just want to make sure this is the kind of style people like. I don't really enjoy thinking about reworking this once it's done. Is the font easy to read. Would people prefer a better explanation, would people want to be the servants’ master?
Any other opinions or suggestions are more than welcome.
Don't worry I won't spam WiPs, I just want a general feel of things before I make 150+ characters.

i'd say focus more on the gaming habits of the characters over the personality, anyone can look up those wiki pages

CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!

Over 1 year in the making, I finally finished my Wild West CYOA, enjoy

congratulations amigo.

So if you're on her faction/close to them Pasille wants to engage in a relationship with you. That doesn't mean she will be okay with you fucking other women.

It also should be remembered that Pasille and most of the Imperial Thrones except Decadece knows the Hero fucked other women and got them pregnant.

Out of curiosity what does it mean you can't truly enter the universe? Couldn't you bottle your perceptions and such into a human or whatever body and do whatever you wished, with the omnipotent power being detachedly available to the conciousness?

>That doesn't mean she will be okay with you fucking other women.
Your waifu doesn't mind if you're fucking her sisters, bro. Just accept it. Why isn't that a bonus for you?

Making a CYOA reliant on a fucking wiki is a retarded idea.

>volcanic, floating islands, pocket dimension
Realm is bunch of floating volcanic islands. The lava comes from a magical pocket dimension. They erupt sometimes, but the capital is built around this problem, so it's always changing and can be very dangerous! Volcanic soil means there's places that are very fertile so there's lots of food.

>surface deposits cavern network, ancient ruins
Floating islands are connected by portals and are filled with caves that have ancient ruins and treasures and dangerous creatures! And there's lots of metals for the Kobolds to mine so we can make tools and weapons and stuff.

>elves, kobolds, dryads
Elves live in cities on top of floating islands and are best subjects. Kobolds live in caves and take care of labor. Since volcanic areas are fertile, there are groves of trees in the places where there isn't to much eruptions and lava. Dryads live in these places and are mysterious and wise with powerful magic. I ask them for advise sometimes.

>city walls, temple, sanitation, shipwright
Extra choice because perils. Kobolds take care of sanitation and every city has walls and shipwrights for protection and making airships. Capital has giant temple so hopefully pantheon likes me.

>improved metallurgy, chemistry, mechanical wings, airships
Extra choices because perils. Since floating islands aren't connected, we need airships. Lots of heavy armored knights and canons because fallen Queen, cult, and dragon. We can send messages between floating islands with messengers with mechanical wings.

>elemental magic, charismatic, true adept, secrets of the old ones
Extra choice because perils. Basically be powerful Sorceress Empress.

>fallen queen, cult, dragon
Lots of danger in this realm! As Empress I'd try to improve my magic skills as I hunt down the cult with my followers. Eventually I'll want to defeat the fallen queen and absorb her power so I can defeat the dragon!

Because there is no text anywhere saying she would be okay with it. This like saying Pasille would be okay with you fucking her daughters and not her. Or fucking her daughters and her.

There is no way she would be okay with that.

I agree with

I didn't do it for destiny and I won't do it for a CYOA.

Why not?

this isn't a "let's date the servants" cyoa this is "let's play some board games with servants"
i didn't say "get rid of the personality portion", it's just that the portion directly relating to the topic of the CYOA ends up only being one sentence
expand on that more

Mystery Box

This section is super cool. I'll have to make a proper build after waking up but this already is neat. Good job user.

The CYOA itself is pretty fucking ugly to be honest but I'll read it anyway.

Cherry blossom, absolutely indispensable for getting the actual, unvarnished truth out of people like your boss, wife and kids.

Baseball, sure, maybe I can turn my throwing arm into some money somehow.

Switch, because sleep and wake efficiency is amazing! Also synergizes with the dream catcher very well.

Shooting star, to have other interesting experiences occur and slowly evolve over time.

Present, so my wife and kids can ha e super powers too. We are going to guide the kiddo and make sure the wife takes censored so I can wrist orgasm her I guess.

Scissors because it's fairly useful day to day for cooking and package opening and such. Maybe can be useful for some sort of cutting exhibition for social media points or money making.

Dream catcher, I just gained 10 hours a day of media time. I can be exceptionally media literate and read an enormous amount of books. This will keep me educated and highly informed. Book and media poscast or criticism for cash is a good option.

Fortune cookie, seems very powerful for basic good luck and life happiness.

I kinda get what you mean, but when I did that it got even more repetitive than general traits and such. It was very formulaic. plus I don't want to force user to browse the wiki constantly. I'll try to make how they play/GM included though.

Yeah, I'm never doing anything so visually complicated again.

Also, cherry blossom seems like it could be a police/lawyers dream. You can just ask a suspect if they are guilty or to describe the nature of their crime. Military captures or organized crime cracks like a nut for you. Even just celebrity iknterviews get amazingly real.

Boom, you are the most successful interviewer, negotiator and interrogator of all tine.

Something about that red five really bothers me. Maybe bold it? The black actually doesnt bother me so ionno. Personally I'd like it if the description for mash was one size bigger too but it's not a big deal and depends on how much youll write for others.

(is killing servants is a fun game right? I mean it certainly is a tradition.)

whynot.
I'll come back and not choose the mystery box but first I'm going to choose the mystery box, high fantasy, cinematic flare. Mostly because I'm not huge on steampunky kinda things or really guns in general.

>bawx
I'm ok with this. Being from China, Japan shouldnt be too big of a culture shock (minus the century change)

>this isn't a "let's date the servants" cyoa this is "let's play some board games with servants"

Dropped

What about a "Let's initiate a mana transfer with servants" CYOA?

>Altar
Marble

>Contracts
Ritualist[My Blood][Thrall]
Succubus[My Blood][Yumi]
Hellhound[Animal Blood]
Alraune [Animal Blood]
Ember Bloom[My Blood]

>Suggestion
Mage's Guild

I guess that's lewd enough.

>unnecessary threesome ensues

>Mostly because I'm not huge on steampunky kinda things or really guns in general.

Modern gunfare is a gross thing to look at, but steampunk is fantastic. Especially when laced with magic/fantasy.

ok now to actually make a build disregarding the bawks

Coal Furnace. Because again. Not really into the whole steampunk nonsense.

Settings: Folkloric Livin and Cinematic Flare

Showman: Priest. Gonna start my own religion and maybe my own city.

Start: Mage

Perks: Eidetic Memory, Silver Tongue, Occult Knowledge, Sex God, Sleight of Hand
Going to gather some people willing to follow and believe me by sleight of hand, occult knowledge, and silver tongue. Going to lead them out to start my own city. Doubt the townfolk know much about magic so if I use it it should be easy to convince people.

Companions:
Phillip Thompson. A solid speaker piece for my religion. Propaganda is always helpful.
Nemesis: Agewe whateverface. Just some con. It'll be a battle of my magic against his. And if I can debunk his magic but he cant debunk mine, I win.

Quests:
Pirates. Sounds like they could turn to god and do some good. Or be done something good if you catch my drift.

Manifest Destiny. I said I was going to make my own city. One based around my new religion.

Strip Poker. I guess. Ionno I just figure I can probably win with my build.

Results:
Manifest Destiny. 2+4+D20 = 10+9 = 19
Well. Guess she'll help me convince people to move to a new city I guess? But yeah sure date. Maybe she can be a priestess.

Pirates: 2+2+d20 = 24 (natural 20! critical success!) Well, I can't be a gang member, but I'm sure having someone willing to dispose to no good people will help. They can make my town their base.

Strip Poker: 3+3+2+6+d20 = 18. Magic cards. Which I guess means nothing unless I want to introduce tarot fortune telling.

Welp. Here's hoping my new religion goes well. (hint I took sex god skill)

bold it instead of red or both? Do you mean the specific color is bothering you? I know what you mean though, I always have a hard time making the important parts look obvious but not completely out of place.

I have this idea for a few cyoas but I wanted to ask you which one sounds best.

1. after coming in for a routine checkup you are accidentally marked as diseased and your brain is stuffed into a commercial robot model. You design a new machine and then you choose from a list of owners to buy you.

2. You accidentally press the self-destruct button in a wizard tower and have ten minutes before it all goes explodey. Using time as currency you have to choose from a number of items/creatures to take with you and escape before the tower disappears

3. The end of the world just happened via nuclear bombardment. You chose to go innawoods and are designing your new life away from the collapse of civilization with a group of survivors and other standard survival CYOA choices.

4. You're a nurse at a retirement home for Gods, Elder Things, Wizards and Demons. You choose which of your charges to favor and treat well and in turn they'll bless you with what little remains of their dying power.

5. You're going to make a videogame and have the capital to hire from a long list of people with different specialties and quirks. You need to make a team that can work well together and make a great game in addition to renting offices and other stuff.

6. A number of different genre worlds have collided into a single clusterfuck and you were right in the epicenter. You have a chance to carve out a slice of the pie by recruiting warriors cowboys and spacemen and bringing peace to a new universe.

I dont know. I'm not sure. I just know that that particular skinniness and color combination is bothering me. I think it'd be ok if you wanted to bold and red it (or bolded everything, or only bolded, etc. Up to you. I'm just some user. It's just a tiny tiny portion of the entire thing anyways so what does one word really matter if I can read the damn thing. )

Is he finally gone? I filtered him months ago.

You're a loser for doing that :(

He's harmless

>:(

And you redditors are the exact reason I did it. Fuck off.

He was hurtin' nobody

>Realm
Coast, Mountain, Volcanic

>Features
Surface Deposits, Living Storms, Ley Lines

>Races
Humans, Contraptors

>Cities
Shipwright, Bazaar, University

>Technology
Mechanical Prostheses, Mechanical Wings, Stable Arcanite, Improved Metallurgy, Condensed Rituals, Chemistry

>Personal
Elemental Magic, True Adept, Charismatics

>Perils
The Cult, Fallen Queen

A merchant empire, born on an archipelago in the middle of the ocean, most of the islands are volcanic mountains leaving little room for cities and agriculture. As a result the people of the island began an ever expanding network of trade, those on the mainland kingdoms come to the islands to purchase Contraptor, living machines that never tire. Only these islands have the necessary combination of resources and knowledge to build new ones. There exists a cult led by the wraith of a previous empress, hell bent on creating the perfect contraptors, suitable vessels for her vile twin gods.

1 and 6

Rolled 10, 3, 4 = 17 (3d20)

Now
Hades

Don't you mean Emperor though?

Pipes and Valve
Folkloric livin'
Truer grit
Hobo, mage
Gunslinger, silver tongue, occult knowledge
Tendril terror!, the lost city, friendly stranger

This is gonna be JUST like Arcanum but in the old west but without gnomes. Or maybe there are gnomes. More importantly, you do know about Arcanum gnomes don't you?

>He was hurtin' nobody

That bastard is responsible for that bitch Vignette. He hurt us in ways you will never fathom.

innawoods, especially if it's more comfy innawoods, and not just fallout

2, 3, maybe 4, 5 if I can hire people like Avellone or Cain, 6

Where the shitty anime high school cyoas at?

I'm gonna make a CYOA.

I'm not going to say what it's about, but what would you like to see in it? Chances are your answers will be better for me if you don't know what I'll be making. Just idea-blast me.

Your boobs

What is the Imperial Thrones tax policy?

I would equal amounts of waifus and husbandos.

For once.

A survival aspect

waifus

I want sweet melancholy, I want to feel like I'm sitting on an old wooden porch looking out at an endless expanse of swaying grain fields laid out before me. I want to feel as though I could tilt my head back, close my heads and never wake up again without a single regret.

1 and 4

Childhood friends, office ladies, childhood friends that have grown up to be office ladies.

Breasts of the rather large variety

4 sounds fun.

tomboys

Hell. Give it some bite, some hard choices.

Obligatory be girl/trap option

Can I have a hat? I would like a hat. I dont know why. I dont even like hats. Maybe give me a pet to put it on.

My vote's for 6

Option to play as the rapeman

comfy waifus

4 and 3

Give me the option to restart my life as a little girl or else.

>I'm gonna make a CYOA.
>I'm not going to say what it's about
You don't have to. We already know.
It's gonna be either yuri or MtF genderswap. Or both.