Can Tau fall to chaos?

Can Tau fall to chaos?

Crons can't because they have no soul, nids can't because they have no self, and Orks can't because chaos has nothing to offer them, but what about Tau?

It could be possible but Tau don't have as much of a presence in the warp as say humans and eldar due to the lack of psykers and warp drives. So daemons won't exactly go out of their way to visit a bunch of isolated weebs unless they have something they want.

Tau souls have very little signature in the Warp, and as such are both far harder to directly manipulate by warp entities and have much less intense emotions, which further limits how they can be manipulated.

There is also the fact that their society directly inhibits any chaos corruption. Your average Tau is far better off than your average Imperial and possess a far more logical viewing of the universe, and as such are less likely to be tempted and/or fall to chaos, which is nothing to say of the Greater Good and how it is directly opposed to Chaos (being centred around gratification of the whole rather than the individual).

So while it is possible for a Tau to fall, it is INCREDIBLY unlikely/rare, with no known instances in the fluff. There is also the fact that the Chaos Gods get enough out of the easily manipulated 'umies to bother corrupting a little insignificant speck of a species in the ass end of the galaxy directly in the path of a bunch of omnicidal omnivorous space bugs.

Oldfluff (3rd Edition) had Tau, Orks and 'Nids all capable of falling to chaos to varying degrees.
Tau are generally blunts, and so are less likely to be possessed unless they come into contact with something pretty weird. Likewise, Orks and Tyranids have their own defenses, but weird shit could still happen. The examples that were given in the old Daemonhunter's codex usually involved capturing or coming into contact with chaos artifacts, or getting trapped in the warp for extended periods of time. Tau in particular would be vulnerable to studying things they shouldn't because they assume the Imperium's "BURN IT ALL" response is based on nothing but superstition.

Unlikely. Maybe if say there was a Sorceror controlling a Sept through manipulation of its Ethereal maybe?

I think it's already happening.
There's a break away cept. led by a general who doesn't know he's using a cursed sword? I'm not big on tau fluff but I think that's a thing.
Can some filthy xenos lover confirm/deny?

Commander Farsight?

His sword basically drains lifespan but I think it's just ancient xeno fluff, not actually demonic.

Wasn't there an instance of some 'Nids getting corrupted by Nurgle or am I making that up?

In the new Death Guard codex theres a bit where they're fighting the nids for a planet, both of them keep making it more and more toxic, eventually it gets to a point where a hive ship takes a sippy of the planet and immediately stops because it's too toxic even for them and the other hive ships blast it to bits.

I believe someone daemon comments how difficult is to corrupt a Tau due their ironclad belief, or brainwashing, in the Greater Good.

You know, the Greater Good would something the Emperor would've approved of.
Atheistic dogma that lets you drown out chaos with pure autism

The Tau have not developed psychic abilities, possibly due to a chemical mixture in their brains that prevents access to the warp. Why they developed this is unknown, but it prevents the Tau Empire from being easily corrupted by the forces of Chaos. None of their units have psychic abilities.

The Dawn Blade's origins are left up in the air, so it could be daemonic. It's probably Necron or Eldar though, given the Tau background of being an engineered civilization.

What about a Old One survivor? It would be fitting of one of their grand experiments. Actually, the whole star cluster could be their creation.

Possible but that would be the asspull of the decade. Worse than Girlyman, in some ways. Anyway, the Tau are a rather recent project (five millenia) and their benefactor is proficient in both bioengineering, large scale warp tech and being a sneaky git. That narrows down the list a lot.
I suspect the Dawn Blade was made by that guy's enemies. So Necron/Eldars. But it could be Necron/Old Ones, yes.

Implying the Cabal is not behind the Tau.

Give them another codex, and they'll be immune to it just like everybody else.

>I believe someone daemon comments how difficult is to corrupt a Tau due their ironclad belief, or brainwashing, in the Greater Good.
Yeah, shit, it's not like the Imperium has anything like that...

Khorne tried. He only got Tau Doomguy.

Anyone can fall to Chaos if they're dumb enough.

A Tzeentchian Daemon, actually. Of course, while Tzeentch was its primary deity, the Planetary Governor who was its pawn still made offerings to the other three to cover his bases. Technically, you could call Tau Doomguy La'Kais an unwitting champion of Chaos Undivided as much as a Tzeentchian pawn.

Khorne was simply the last god whose shrine was left, and whose favor it held at the end when Kais went all "Blood for the Blood God," before his commander got him over the radio and fixed his daddy issues.