Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Best Primarch Edition

>Previous
>Warhammer Community news(This week from Forge World: The Death Korps return!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/06/this-week-from-forge-world-the-death-korps-return/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=7Jui-2YiU-c&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Adeptus Mechanicus codex (thank you Vladimir)
>PDF
mega.nz/#!Mh13ASBa!vh4vUs-iw9lvubVEooF3PTYBm5G_PI66Ve6-dENNsQk
>Epub
mega.nz/#!Qwd3zSSB!A6wf-ubMX0r9yGtRkFZjO20hdxH5LqzGkiC-Y69bQMs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2JG5L5viLpE&ab_channel=SpikeyBits
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

VULKAN LIVES

I wish

my dudes > your dudes

dorn a bully

t.Alpharius

Posting battle report.

+++Armies+++

Upon learning about Commissar's Yarrick's inability to use his own trait, and the platoon commander's inability to jump into his own chimera with his infantry after issuing the Mount Up! order, I had to rebuild my list. I dropped Yarrick out and moved the Russ to fill the HQ slot by promoting it to Tank Commander, and used some of the leftover points to buy a third heavy bolter squad to keep the brigade filled. Voxes were added to all the infantry and veteran squads, and I gave the Laurels of Command relic to my Company Commander, who took the trait that gives +1 order per turn. Now, I should be able to issue 3-6 orders with him per turn, 4-7 with the extra stratagem for more orders, and can do so from inside a chimera using the MCV strategy a few times during the game. Not the cleanest fix, but it should at least function.

My opponent, traitor guard, went Russ heavy instead of infantry heavy. He took 5 russes and some infantry screening, plus a twin punisher vulture for close air support. Seems like he was going to dig in and shoot from his side of the board.

Nth for Guardsmen and Scions are much more efficient than Marines and could do everything they need to while expending a fraction of the resources.

Opponent's traitor guard force.

+++Deployment+++

I setup the salamander scout vehicles first on the sides of the table, then the heavy weapon crews in cover, then the conscript squads in the center with the commissar lord between them. These were all pretty straightforward drops, and I was trying to see how he would position the weight of his army before committing my chimera block to the table. He ended up placing most of his armor on the left side, so I dropped the 6 chimera block on the right. The hope was to rush up and overwhelm that smaller piece of his army with mech infantry, then hinge left and take on the bigger piece afterwards. I ended up completing deployment first (an advantage of being transport heavy) and got the first turn, he did not seize.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this again but I posted near the end of the last thread and want atleast one more opinion.

I have a bunch of extra heavy weapons and might consider starting a small force.
Which of these are good right now and what chapters like to use them?
Melta cannon
Plasma cannon
Grav cannon

+++Turn 1+++

Turn 1 started with me moving one of the conscript units up into cover, though they fell a bit short of getting all 25 models in. Just about everything else remained stationary, since my chimeras (each with 3 heavy bolters and a storm bolter) had plenty of targets in his forward-deployed infantry and I didn't want the penalties to hit. All 33 heavy bolters opened up from downfield and tore into the front ranks of traitor infantry, all but wiping out the command squads and one infantry squad. The salamanders took some shots at the side of the basilisk in front of them, and the punisher tank commander began his duel with the enemy tank commander by splitting fire between it and the infantry squad behind it. Every vehicle in my list carries a hunter-killer missile, and every single one that had a clear shot took it this round. Not a single one successfully wounded a target.

But that already happens. There's only a million marines. 90% of imperial wars are fought by the guard with marines as special guest stars.

I AM FORTIFYING THIS THREAD

(posted wrong picture above. Switch it with this one and it should be accurate)

The traitors retaliate. He moves his armor up to get into better firing position, and calls in his vulture to strafe my conscript unit in the center ruins. I give the infantry the Take Cover! order, which improves their saves to 3+ and preserved all but 4 conscripts from dying. His infantry weapons and battle cannons pick a chimera and blast the shit out of it, destroying it in one turn. Those double-shot battle cannons really mess up armor and would be giving me grief all game. The surviving infantry squad bails from their dead vehicle and get mostly mowed down.

+++Turn 2+++

Turn 2. The dismounted infantry squad (what's left of it), sprint to the relative safety of the ruins one of the conscript units has holed up in. Meanwhile, all the surviving chimeras roll up full speed and launch smoke, and the tank commander likewise uses Strike and Shroud on himself. The conscripts trade some shots with the surviving infantry and even ping a russ for a wound, and the salamanders chip away at the exposed basilisk for marginal effect.

The traitors respond by tearing into the salamanders on the left side - they really didn't like the harassment the basilisks were taking - and bullying the heavy bolter squads in the backfield. One of the scout vehicles goes down. He then throws 2 of his tanks' shooting into the lead wounded chimera, but I give it the Take Cover order and with smoke it easily shrugs everything off with minimal damage.

>while expending a fraction of the resources.

No they wouldn't, you'd spend the exact same amount of resources, because you'd use the same technology and materiel that the marines do, to accomplish the same fucking job they do.

You think personal teleporters are free? No? Oh but you don't need them? How the fuck are you gonna do teleportation decapitation strikes then?

+++Turn 3+++

Turn 3. All the Steel legion infantry dismount in unison, rapidly taking up firing lines while using their vehicles for cover. RPGs are leveled at the enemy armor units and lascarbines are aimed into the ruins windows. The smoke from the advancing IFVs clears, and once again all the crew-served weaponry lights up the terrain, this time trying to focus down the armor targets. Tracer rounds streak across the dusty road and chew into armored plates, and krak missiles fly out on contrails of smoke. Plasma rifles overcharge and crackle. At the end of it the mighty steel legion has killed...nothing. Not one armor target is destroyed. In fact, only 1 krak missile successfully wounded a target. The punisher tank commander has more luck, and drills down the enemy tank commander's vehicle with his shooting, claiming the first enemy vehicle. All the Russes are at least marginally damaged, but only 1 gun is knocked out. It was overall a very disappointing shooting phase.

The traitors take the opportunity to shoot all the squishy dismounted infantry, easily felling both veteran squads in their entirety despite the cover bonuses one has. With morale losses, they are both completely destroyed. Chimeras take more damage, and he focuses some fire on the tank commander, who shrugs off the worst of it. I jury rig the vehicles on the damage threshold to keep what I can at full effectiveness, but those damned russes are really throwing out a lot of damage. The vulture decides the tank commander and conscripts are not good targets anymore and guns down heavy bolter squads instead, easily deleting one.

dats nice

+++Turn 4+++

The conscripts advance towards the enemy deployment, and the steel legion officers give the mount Up! order. All the surviving squads send another salvo into their targets before jumping back into their chimeras, which then add their own fire to the mix. A second russ goes down with help from my tank commander, which bags the final wound once again, raising his kill count to 2 enemy tanks.

The traitors take out 2 more chimeras and bring most of the others to half health. I'm running out of armor.

Can you not

That guy's legs are so far to the right of his body he ought to have been torn in two. His left leg is roughly where his dick should be. Fucking Dornfags shitting up another thread.

+++Turn 5+++

The few rockets I have left all fire at the last 3 russes and all fail to wound. The conscripts and surviving infantry squad rush ahead and charge the vehicles, absorbing their overwatches to entangle them in melee and forestall its shooting. It works, more or less.

The vulture circles around and strafes another heavy bolter team to death while the basilisks try and fail to kill the Steel Legion tank commander, whose punisher continues rolling slowly up field. The traitors pull back with their tanks, and the order is given for the reserve infantry to run out of their emplacements and charge the enemy. They open up at close range on the conscripts and steel legion troops, dropping a good number, then charge in with a commissar and the captain in support. A furious melee ensues. On the right side, the other commissar and traitor platoon leader slay the remaining conscripts, freeing the two tanks on that side to fire unmolested next turn.

Someone please, give me a reason why I should get the Primaris Repulsor. It looks good, but it doesn't carry Primaris marines?!

+++Turn 6+++

The few surviving conscripts pull back as the commissar lord, company captain, and lone surviving veteran sergeant step up to fire their bolters into the enemy with the tank commander's punisher gatling supporting them from downfield. The traitor infantry is shredded down to one man and their officers, which are then charged by the loyalist officers in a noble duel. One of the two remaining infantry missile teams lines up a shot on the retreating russ on the right flank and fires, destroying the armored monster and causing in to explode. The resulting fireball claims not only the tank, but the nearby enemy platoon commander and commissar as well, right after they had claimed victory over the conscripts. The conscripts' sacrifice was not in vain, as they had forestalled the enemy long enough for the rocket crew to finally land a killing blow.

The traitor shooting is ineffective as their surviving tanks are now so damaged they can't hit anything. The vulture tries to gun down my tank commander out of spite, which is on its last wound. I give it the take cover strategy, and it weathers all 43 shots, failing only 1 save. I command point reroll it, and he lives. In melee the loyalist commissar lord and her company captain dispatch the traitor captain and commissar with the Emperor's aid.

Game ends with Imperial victory.

The placement is fine. It's because the artist drew the entire torso rotated to face the gun forward, just like you have to do on the minis.

Which is retarded, but hey. If you ever modeled a space marine model shooting his gun forward you'd understand what I'm getting at.

ignore this faggot

What's the best way to equip my death company for someone jumping into 8th?

I haven't played since 4th edition and heard these guys got nerfed hard.

I know it depends a lot on who I'm versing but is there a way I can quip them out so they'll be generally effective all round?

Pic related, it's the chaplain who'll be leading them.

>stop enjoying this hobby and posting pictures of it on this image board

Nah nigger literally nobody gives a shit about this fag and his shitty batreps. Proof? Zero replies. Only one who cares is him because he's an attention whore, and you, because you're too stupid to do anything other than shitpost instead of finding your shift key.

or they were waiting for them to finish posting before responding for full context like a polite person (as weird that is here).

I like close brawls like that

thanks for the battle report user

It does, idiot. 10.

You, fuck off.

You, good show. I hope one day to meet you and pit mydudes against yourdudes.

Good read, thanks for posting

A mass of bolter-and-chainsword dudes because they're cheap and they get an extra attack. One dude with a power fist and whatever else to crack tougher nuts.

Jump packs are up to you. They offer increased mobility, but no more Hammer of Wrath.

What's a good model to convert for lucius?

I'm trying for more of a HH era, so less.... tentacly while still being his delicious self

It was a meatgrind. Ended with two completely unupgraded warlords and two unupgraded commissars swashbuckling each other, plus a vet sergeant that scored double 6s on his overwatch with his bolter. Most fun I've had this edition.

HA HA

Do you play with objectives?

Chainswords and Boltguns not pistols with brother corbulo in a rhino

DC are basically vanguard vets with an extra attack when charging and a crappy fnp. theyre still 1 wound meqs and investing too many points is just going to make them a lucrative target.

bolter and chainsword is a good option nowadays for being cheap and maximizing their volume of attacks. dual chainswords also work.

a few special melee weapons will be enough to give them punch against most hard targets without inflating their price too high

the pistols are all garbage. bolt pistols are inferior to either bolters or extra chainswords, and hand flamers and inferno pistols are far too expensive

jump packs are 3 points per dude, which is probably worth it with how expensive transports are

I'd buy the loyalists a pint if they survive the march back to base

yes, steel legion took objectives 2-0

>Literally only IG stands a chance against a marginally-optimized IG
WAACfags get out.

I'm pretty sure all the survivors could fit in the two chimeras I had left, so they won't have to march.

This shot was definitely the best of the game, unexpectedly not only taking out one of the russes that had been ripping open chimeras but also taking out both his characters.

>tank commander likewise uses Strike and Shroud on himself

Tank commanders cannot issue orders to themselves.

IG Codex scan when?

...They can't? Oh. Well, thanks for pointing that out, since we were both doing that wrong, then.

Codex changed them to OFFICER instead of CHARACTER. They can self-order now.

I've made my first wet palette, and I have only just learned that wax paper isn't the same as parchment. If that is the case why is my wet palette keeping the paint wet longer than the plate I used to use.

>tfw I could go and play against him but my dudes aren't painted and it would be shitty to look at

Some dude played against him with a cardboard rhino and macharius...

You know what to do.

So you can't give Heirlooms of Conquest to them now?

Played my first game of 8th up in a cottage using a shitty grass mat on a dining room table. Overall 8/10 would get piss drunk and play again.

Forgot pic

Wat really?

I know how to paint, I am just really slow at it

GKs vs Nids? Nice! How far into the game was this taken?

GTFO fool! We Bolt Action now!

>5 chosen w/combi bolters and chain swords
>20 shots and 15 melee attacks
>90pts
I kinda want to try this.

Sorry, my mistake.

They are characters, AND they can order themselves.

any word on guard codex files?

Are you real?

Who the fuck decided that bolt guns needed to have Rope on them with blood Vials?

Hmm that seems like a direct diversion from what was printed in the index but you are correct that for now they can order themselves. My guess it that it will be errata'd away like it was confirmed to be last time.

da ecclesiarchy

This was turn 1. trygon tunnel plus swarmlord's ability basically guaranteed them a first turn charge, which is why they're at the other side of the board.

Wow, did you have a lot of reserves or something? It looks like his army is about 3 times as many points as yours.

Gee I dunno maybe the eccentric blood drinkers

I mean, he is playing GKs.

Idea for creating 3 optimised squads of Plague Marines.

You need: Dark Imperium Plague Marines, 1 new set and 3 sets of the easy build.

With 3 of the easy build you have 3 important transferable bits: plasma gun backpack, Blight Launcher and Power Fist. Use these on new Plague Marines to create unique looking ones.

Then when all is combined you should have: 3 Sergeants with Plasma Gun and Power Fist. 2 Plasma Gun Marines and 4 Blight Launcher Marines.

Enough for 3 squads.

I love my blood Angels but i am just annoyed as shit by the 2 boltguns that have the rope all around them it makes it really hard to batch paint them along with the rest of the bolters.

YES! Self Strike-and-shrouding Leman Russ Dunebuggies are back, baby! I imagine they reversed the Errata because of two issues:

1) Everybody targets the tank commanders over the regular tanks and Pask over tank commanders, so Strike-and-Shroud was practically worthless.
2) A Tank Commander who can't command their own tanks is kinda silly!

Regardless...
>Es Braust Un-ser Panzer! Im Sturmwind dahin!

Also take cover on tanks is a great way to insure at least one of your Russes survives intact. I fully intend for this to replace the tactical reroll as my "Once per turn" command point expenditure. That and perhaps Jerry Rig.

Any news yet on whether Mordia was lost to Tzeentch?

>I know how to paint, I am just really slow at it
This is me
Been working on the same blood angels for 2 years now.

It's fine. Hear they're holding some good BBQs these days.

Say I've got a tank commander (bs 3+) and a leman russ (BS 4+). Each turn I can order one to re-roll 1s and give one +1 to hit (vostroyan strategem).. what's the most effective way of assigning these buffs?

GW, how the fuck am I suppose to convert an athonian tunnel rat? Seriously fucking how?

Varies with tank loadout and opponent.

>Steeled themselves for the next chaos wave.
The Problem is that the BRB said chaos won in the end. That doesn't solve shit.

Shave iconography off Cultists, add lasguns n shit where able.

Looks like you could make do with cultist bits? Maybe some genestealer cults bits? They look spikey and poorly made, so that'd be your best bet.

I want danikka to snu snu me

Your legion was killed to a man by sentient mushrooms.

If only the Mordians had read the BRB then.

youtube.com/watch?v=2JG5L5viLpE&ab_channel=SpikeyBits

Wouldn't have happened in the past, we wuz lejunz!

What? I'm saying the BRB goes past the event that excerpt shows meaning its possible they killed of Mordia off page.

Brother Jamallius, the Last Wall was getting its shit kicked in though

>females in art
>none minis

LMFAO @ mon-keigh

2000pts. Krieg. No Death Riders, no mortars.

How should I do it?

>Eldar female minis are just dudes wearing boobplate

blobs and other assorted artillery

So, when can we expect a full pdf of the new guard codex?

Oh hi Malcador.

Citation fucking needed.

Battle cannon, hull lascannon, plasma sponsons. Opponent varies.