Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Affix bayonets edition.

>Previous
>Warhammer Community news(This week from Forge World: The Death Korps return!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/06/this-week-from-forge-world-the-death-korps-return/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=7Jui-2YiU-c&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for cheap scions

Buy more Cadians silly goy

Second for true love only between guardsmen.

Second for cheap scions. Ran a game with a friend where my Scions absolutely demolished his marines. FRFSRF giving each scion 4 AP-2 shots at half range is no joke.

5th for glorious human genes.

If eldar heavy weapons platforms weren't so damn expensive, you think it'd be viable to get a shit ton and sit them all in a blob with some farseers in a ynnari army and just shit out shooting phases every turn?

If my grandmother had wheels she'd be a bicycle.

i never use FRFSRF because my lasgun scions are ablative wounds for the plasma/melta guns

but scions now are just silly

216 points for 8 plasma guns sounds alot now, but thats 16 plasma shots that hit on 3+, reroll 1s, on a 6+ gain extra shots, and have a 50% chance of also being able to reroll all wounds

all on the deepstrike

Is there no option for power maul/axe in the new codex? Couldn't see them in the posted points list.

because everyone gets a ride?

WHAT new codex

Not convinced myself. War walkers, vypers, wave serpents & wraithlords are all cheaper than guardian defenders as a "tax" for the heavy weapons.

ig released today

THE new codex

The one that people have been posting pictures from?

Post "your dudes" fluff and pictures

People have posted picture from lots of new codexes, all since june.

>Those Lustria ruins
Right in the nostalgia

Smart money is on space red army, but I mean, who knows, maybe not the one that released today.

Indeed they are.
No ork survivors, even with 8th Orks are still shit against SoB

Is the fucking IG codex coming out today? It's not on the New Zealand GW website...

The option isn't listed (presumably because it's not in the current sets) but, as with the previous rules, you can use the Index profiles and point values if you have it.

Yeah, I enjoy the theme of the psuedo Zulu gunline putting out a tremendous amount of dakka more than using their notoriously cheap heavy weapons. Also seems fun to play for both sides so far, if I can get in that 9-18" sweet spot I'm likely to win, but if I get outranged or charged my foe wins.

Holy fuck. You pretty much one-shot a Landraider with that firepower.

Gotta sell those new shiny plastic kits!

What are these?

Playing Black Templars I have always wanted to have an army comprised of Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists and Templars as a fluffy brotherhood of Dorn. What would be the best way to go about this?
If I wanted to go about having some Imperial Fist allies in charge of heavy support what should I be bringing. Hq seems like an interesting place since I don't have a siege master option until SAV gets, hopefully, updated into 8th. Maybe just a captain with Bolter and Thunderhammer that gets the Chapter Master stratagem applied to him so he can boost my shooting in some way? After that I was thinking of getting TFC, Whirlwind and maybe some anti-air tanks of either variety(going for aesthetic and lore rather than pure efficacy). Alternatively I was thinking of jumping off the deep end and just having 4 min sized Dev squads with 4 heavy bolters in two rhinos and one LRC with 5 Dev centurions with heavy bolters and hurricane botlers to create a mobile bastion of firepower.
With Crimson Fists i'm not entirely sure what to do as I know the least about their lore outside of 7th were Pedro allowed for obsec sternguard and that they are fairly elite warriors having been hit hard by orks. Should I just get a shit ton of dreads and sternguard for powerful and versatile shooting or could terminators be of use as well?

The IG codexes arrived at my FLGS already the day before yesterday. Got mine since then.

Scions, kid.

>did a practise match this morning vs triple stormlord with HWT inside them

>had two melta commands and tempestor prime with laurels of command in a valk

>shat them out within 9" of a stormlord, moved 6" to be inside half range

>passed the laurels 4+ with both squads, rerolled 1s to hit and reroll all wounds

>8 shots, 9 hits, 7 wounds in melta range, 25 wounds

>tempestor threw krak nade which wounded and finished it off

its expensive to do the turn 1 melta range, but its insane

I meant the actual models. I'm looking for some simple uniform models without carapace or anything like that. Maximum a flakk vest, with no shoulderpads. These look perfect for that.

It's like no one tested this crap.

That or GW overestimate defensive stats and consider offensive ones not as important

Oh. Right.

Old IG stormtroopers

Are you kidding? With them releasing primarchs with 3++ rerollables +4 come back with full 25 wounds this kind of firepower is necessary.

When will the Guard codex be available in the Mega?

Buy it and show support for armies that aren't Primaris shit.

when you buy the epub and host it yourself

i have the physical copy and am painting atm if you want to ask questions tho

>still imperium
>the worst fanbase out of any army in the game

That would be Nids.

>Imperium
>worst fan base
Those are Chaos marine fags.

thinking of doing a slaaneshi renegade guard army, sorcerors, daemons ragtag tanks and guardsmen sort of thing....anyone got any good ideas for infantry models to use?

>This is what chaoscucks actually believe

I only play guard and haven't looked at other codexes, are relics only able to be bought with command points? I can't find how much they can be bought for anywhere.

I've made a pre-order and can't wait for a pdf too.

Use regular guard models with either puno heads or mutant heads.

Pick up some pauldronless arms too, if you can.

Cadians with sisters of slaughter heads.

That's clearly chaos, fag.

>muh underdog IG fags
>not the worst fanbase

relics are the cost of the item they replace

you get 1 relic if your warlord is from the codex

you can buy 1 more relic slot for 1 cp, or 2 more for 3 cp

Daemonettes with commissar hats, its the only way.

>starting IG
>heavy weapon squad in the mail
>it'd put me up to 249 points
If I just make them all Veterans, it'd put me up to 327. Maybe I'll eventually have enough for a game. I knew what I'd be getting into since I don't like tanks too much but it's still a lonely feeling.

are you the cancerous idiot that spends all threads attacking IG players who post their models and batreps and generally acting unpleasant and shitty and declaring other people 'the worst fanbase'

What's the best regiment for mass Valkyrie insertion?
I was thinking Catachan, with flamer SWS and maybe melta vets.

Play 200 or 300 point Killteam with a friend, user. That's what got me the core of my current 2000 point army.

I've literally never seen the underdog narrative raised outside of HFY threads and people complaining about IG players.

That's because you buy them with command points

What about if they don't replace anything? Like the Dagger of Tu'sakh? Is it free?

So one base relic always, up to 2 more for CP?

Friendly reminder to all the poorfag virgins

Comissar daemonettes, penal guard cultists. ON FIRE

scions or catachan

yep and yep

Also, eBay is your friend. Bid once or twice on mass lots of guardsmen. They come up all the time. Don't bid more than a dollar per mini (or your own personal max) since there's always another auction around the corner.

I'll one up you

>the virgin GW regiments
>the chad FW regiments

These look like prime candidates for some daemonette or Death Cult conversions.

Thanks user

Just started to buy into crons, I've got 16 Warriors, 5 immortals, so many little scarabs (haven't counted exactly), Ghost Ark, Catacombs command Barge. I'm getting a start collecting and another box of Warriors, is all of this a good start?

has anyone actually done a daemonnette commissar conversion?

>posting the hong kong special

Nice try!

thats a cool idea, would have a bit of a "slaanesh version of blood pact" thing going on

Not that I've seen. This one is ok.

Elysian

>t. Never actually bought Forge World
Nice way of outing yourself

Valhallans can also do some silliness by hot dropping tough or tarpit-y stuff, walking it leisurely in to volley and melee enemies and forcing them to fall back or accept the valhallan mortars, flamers, heavy bolters, etc. shooting them anyway.

Black templar are tons of Crusaders and Land Raiders.

Imperial Fists grab a Captain with a Boltgun (DAKKA), surround him with Devastators and Tanks like Whirlwinds and Predators.

For Crimson fists grab a bunch of Sternguard, some Dreads and at least one Squad of shooty Terminators.

Yeah, not happening. People around here really don't like anything FW. And I personally don't enjoy Elysian models in particular.

>Came up with idea for chapter that got tainted by the Red Path
>Want to be able to summon Daemons from time to time, so cant just run "Counts as"
>Don't want to have to be monogod to function well

Wat do

Don't forget to bring something to kill tanks & big monsters, overlord trips-kun.

As I understand it, it's one relic per character, no duplicates first one free. Then CP for additional

Empire flagellants, but with lasguns and hookers.

>Play 1500pt of Swordwind against All-Primaris army
>Avengers aren't even full squads anymore because of price hike
>Lose 500pts of models to Hellblasters and Inceptors before my first turn begins
>Rangers kill nothing the entire game
>Reapers flub all their shots
>Striking scorpions and Autarch punched to death by hellblasters and a lieutenant while the Exarch flubs his 3 claw attacks
>Redemptor hoses two squads down a turn

>"Don't worry user, when your codex comes out i'm sure you'll be OP all over again"
>Mfw I brought 10 Warp spiders and a Wraithlord just to put them back in my case 3 minutes into the game

Codex can't come soon enough

Then you're lucky
Nah, not all guard players are cancerous faggots, they just attract the most cancerous faggots

We have plenty cool guard players at my lgs, but every single truly insufferable cunt of a player I've ever ran into has also been a guard player

>person posting chinese recasts accuses others of not buying FW

Really fires the neurons.

Wait, relics don't cost any actual points? Seems a bit odd. I would guess they are 1 only, then multiple if you use the stratagem? I can write some lists now.

Relics can be given to an 'Astra Militarum Character'.
A Tank Commander is an Astra Militarum Character. Can he take the Dagger of Tu'sakh and outflank with some infantry friends?

You ask this of the faction that gave you creed? Of course.

someone repost the pages we already have

This Plague Marine would make a perfect Foul Blightspawn desu.

Tripskhun... great name for my overlord thanks user. What would cover the anti tank role? Can the Triarch stalker do decent or will I have to buy something else?

How is eldar overall on the power scale of things? Middling? Bad?

I play largely footdar with tons of aspects (just no warp spiders because I hate the model) and some wraith units

Imperial guard pdf when

Yes.. Holy cow that can be mean. Have a TC and either Vet squad special weaponed out or maybe conscripts... It'll make your opponent have to make some tough decisions. You'll be able to take a hunk out of hiding artillery or a hiding warlord. It's not a game winner in itself, but would be fun to try.

More IG questions:
When does 'Imperial Commander's Armoury' have to be used? Can it be used before the first turn but after deployment? Can I use 'Grand Strategist' to roll to get the points back?

I was thinking Tallarn tank commander punisher w/ 3 heavy flamers (order to get into range out of outflank) and 6 bullgryn.
Nasty things to have in your opponents deployment.

Is there any cool fluff pieces about any regiments that aren't Cadia in the new codex, more specifically Tallarn, Steel Legion or Chem-Dogs?

I'm screaming

Middle of the road - elite armies are generally not amazing in 8th.