Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!Dpox2DCI!UAZp1eq-hcanHtpQb7RXP8vKAWiVwyKMFeJdjXprRnY
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/20/the-armies-of-firestorm-tempests-eye-sep20gw-homepage-post-4/
hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=dynamic-kalee~hfh033&category=fantasy-& steampunk~fantasy-humans
hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=sana~hfh063&category=fantasy-& steampunk~fantasy-humans
hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=delphine~hfh064&category=fantasy-& steampunk~fantasy-humans
hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=yllsa-the-believable~hfh114&category=fantasy-& steampunk~fantasy-humans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hey Veeky Forums

never played AoS

used to love 6th ed but really couldnt get into 8th ed

whats the chances i may like AoS? is there anything in it comparable to earlier editions?

Quick question, is it true that Seraphon are just daemons?

How does that work in the lore?

It's a completely different game experience. It doesn't play like old warhammer. It's best just to get that out of the way. A lot of things about it are going to seem weird.

But it's one of those games that's easy to learn but hard to master. There is a lot of tactical strategy and depth for a game with only 4 pages of rules, and you discover more of it the more you play.

Best I can recommend it just try it out. Find some local players, bring your minis (square bases are fine) and give them have a couple shots.

They're memories the Slann will into existence.

They're demons by the nature of their existence. Like chaos demons, they are manifested by a powerful being, in this case it's the slaan.

Chaos demons are manifested by the chaos gods
Seraphon are manifested by the slaan in the same manner. But they are order aligned.

Read the battletome in the pastebin in the op. They're pretty cool desu

Shhiiiit.

That sounds a lot cooler than it sounded like.

So the Slann are the only real lizardmen?

ah ok, cheers for the info man i appreciate it, will have to give it a go

Probably yes but seraphon battletome is pretty... shadowy I would say. You should give it a try - I'm not a seraphon player but their lore is a neat concept
If you already have fantasy models you should try the Skirmish

Wanted to build a skaven standard bearer.
But shiiit.
I mean, basically resetting your general is neat, but his shitty banner only does one mortal wound on a 4+ and that for 140 points is just not worth it.

Yes. Slaan summon them as a chaos sorcerer summons chaos daemons.

You think you can just summon magic gw fairies to grant your wish?

The difference is this:

Chaos daemons are created by the chaos gods, and summoned by chaos wizards

Seraphon are created AND summoned by the slaan.

mega.nz/#!Dpox2DCI!UAZp1eq-hcanHtpQb7RXP8vKAWiVwyKMFeJdjXprRnY

Latest White Dwarf

based ælf poster

cool, thanks bro

who Brayherd here?

Yo that's a great stonehorn! I like the blue you added to the horns. What's that blue chunk he's standing on? I'm about to do bases and so I'm researching ways to do it.

My local meta exclusively does 2k games but ymmv.

Pro Tips:
Battalions aren't as good as more bodies, and require sub-optimal units on top of that.
Huskard on Thundertusk is the best behemoth, by far, and works well in multiples.
Mournfang cost 160 now, and IMO are the star of the army along with thundertusks.
Stone/Thunder Beastriders aren't worth it. Thundertusk Frostlord isn't worth it.
Mournfang are best in squads of 2 with all 3 options. Gargant Hackers > Culling Clubs unless your opponent has no rend across most of his army (rare).
Hunter sucks and Sabers suck, but a Skal can sometimes steal points. ymmv
Yetis are cheeky with that 6" pile-in, but die too easily to rely on.
Ogor weapons are inaccurate but rip and tear. You will miss a lot, but then two failed saves suddenly does 6 wounds.
Everwinter's Master is the best trait. Put it on a model who starts the game on the table and will survive.
Pelt is the best artefact, tokens are good (they don't affect the mount's attacks, but re-rolling saves is great).
Heal up those beasts.
Get The Charge.

BCR lacks bodies, wizards, and buffs in that order so consider that when looking at allies.

You aren't That Guy for playing bcr. Your army is designed to be like a boss fight for your opponent, so act like it! The bad side of that is just like a boss fight, a savvy opponent will usually defeat you by exploiting your weaknesses and playing to the objectives. Being always outnumbered in a game that cares about projecting power, area control, and objectives will mean you are always the underdog, no matter how much pubs whine about your frost cannons deleting their weak ass heroes on a 2+.

I am Brayherd

user, you are using outdated point values. Mournfang pack is 160pts and Beastriders are 360pts now. Better try to stick with the GW list builder on warhammer community site

Any pdf's/epubs/scans of the Season of war: Firestorm book? Not really interested in the crunch just the fluff.

How does one do the horn effect? I want to paint my bloodsecrator like this

Tomb Banshee
4x Skeleton Warrior
is that okay for 25pt Skirmish?

Everything is okay for skirmish. This is literally Your Dudes: The Game. I played with a packmaster and 9 giant rats

That was my first try at airbrushing, though I had to go back to one of them and blend it by hand anyway, so it's doable with brush just takes longer.

It's a base of Hashut Copper with reikland fleshshade to warm it up and darken the recesses. Then it's druchii violet in thin layers to make the transition gradual, then a blue wash I made, and finally abaddon black drybrush for the whole 'warped hot gunbarrel' effect.

If I did it again, I would probably put something over the copper that the washes can stick to better, as I had a lot of trouble putting a wash over a metallic.

Who Chorf here?

Just play KoW. Easily the best Rank and Flank game on the market, and it feels like a really clean and sleak version of WHFB with a lot of the needless minutiae scrubbed off.

Wait, so it's just copper base + washes? I'm gonna try it for sure then, thanks

If he wanted to try that he would have asked in the kow gen-... oh.

Thanks captain obvious

Are there any new city abilities for Swifthawk Agents and Eldritch Council? I haven been away for a long while so I didn't follow the news

How do I make fyreslayers not look boring. Do I just need to get gud at free hand and cover them with tattoos? Every unit looks the same. Not even stormcast are this bad.

>implying Swifthawk needs new abilities
Heavily under rates army.

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/20/the-armies-of-firestorm-tempests-eye-sep20gw-homepage-post-4/

I'm not implying they need (or don't need) new abilities. I'm just asking if there are any new because I didn't follow the Firestorm teasers and release, mate

2" extra movement and +1 to save rolls in the first round? It's something I guess.
I need to find some neat allies to my aelves - I have only two Spire of Dawn boxes so my forces are not really diversified

Well to be honest I didn't know about the tempest keep special rule either. 3+ rerollable saves against shooting sounds spicey to say the least, the movement I whatever though, its not like I can't sonic around already.

3+ rerollable saves on sword masters I mean.

How should I play aelves? I bought SoD boxes for rats and aelves were just collecting dust until now. Should I buy something extra for 1000pts games or am I okay with the stuff I already have?

Question, since I don't know your army. What even is the High Warden from considered now? I don't see a scroll for that anywhere within the GA:Order book. Is that a Compendium unit now?

Sky cutter or ebaying 10 more spireguard is your best bet for 1000 point games, I like the spireguard for the extra shooting.
Tips there isnt too much be very careful with your reavers placement as they can run around the field reinforcing weak lines and whittling things down with there surprisingly effective shooting.
Your generals omnidirectional piling in is also pretty clutch I've used it to charge in to a unit of fyre slayers, trying to screen their leader then use the free 6" to just hop over them and rend down the rune father with the fantastic attacks on the charge.
I believe it is call a High Warden, and its stats are only in the spire of dawn box

Weird. Them, Spireguard, and Reavers only have their rules in the Spire of Dawn box, I suppose. Unlisted in the GA:Order book but given point values in the GHB2017.

>implying generals are useful for anything other than shitposting

Yes I find it somewhat worrisome, it makes it look like they want to phase out the whole unit line but I don't think the community would let them at this point.
I expect them to either disappear after they sell out of Spire of Dawn or get solo boxed releases in 2018.

>Unlisted in the GA:Order book
It was released before the SoD release. All warscrolls are on the mobile app. Just pick the eldritch council or swifthawk agents and you will find them
>implying generals are useful for anything other than shitposting
Aosg used to be the best general threads on Veeky Forums even with whfb shitposting and I'm lurking Veeky Forums since ~2007. People were helpful as fuck - you could ask about anything and be sure that someone will reply to your post with something useful. It's ironic that game is pretty alive while general thread is clearly dying.

What always gets me is when they phase out battalions without even getting an allegiance to supplement it. And since the SoD battalion didn't get a points value in GHB17, guess it's been shafted as well.

It definitely seems pretty fucking close to getting squatted when you can't actually buy half of the line outside of SoD, including their best General, their cheap infantry, and their cavalry.

Best weapon on a Chaos Lord on Manticore? Daemon blade, Chaos Lance or Chaos flail?

So how high are the chances that Shadespire will be a success?

don't give a shit about snorespire, I just want my boneboys

Big I think. It's pretty cheap, rules seem to be good and I bet that GW will release alternative models for warbands in the future.

B O N E

Z
O
N
E

>Big I think
I hope. Can't wait for the Skaven warband.

If anything it will be big at first, whether it will have the staying power is entirely up to get and expansion release schedule. It's got a lot of buzz outside of the normal gw game circles.

The very first official tournament for it will be at the Las Vegas open early next year and there's already a lot of buzz around that.

Speaking of FLG and the ITC, apparently California is home to the largest AoS competitive scene in the US. There are AoS tournaments and event happening there constantly.

I kindof wish I lived there sometimes. Sometimes. But I enjoy my concealed carry license, loose emissions laws, and lower taxes too much.

>visited fantasy general to ask about female models for chaos
>the whole thread is full of shitposting what is the canon in the dead game
I think that slavfag is also baiting in /wfg/ right now.

Also - Are there any relatively cheap female barbarian models that will fit the scale? I want to use few as chaos marauders/bloodreavers for models variety so I don't need a whole unit. They can be realistic or a little bit lewd - I don't really mind as long as they are budget-friendly

>I think that slavfag is also baiting in /wfg/ right now.
>Everyone I don't like is the same person

The best fembarians are probably Hasslfree. I don't know if its cheap at 4 or 5 gbp a model, but it's not expensive either.
>hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=dynamic-kalee~hfh033&category=fantasy-& steampunk~fantasy-humans
>hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=sana~hfh063&category=fantasy-& steampunk~fantasy-humans
>hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=delphine~hfh064&category=fantasy-& steampunk~fantasy-humans
>hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=yllsa-the-believable~hfh114&category=fantasy-& steampunk~fantasy-humans

Friend and I are going to play AoS for the first time tonight, and I'm wondering what whole be better to play. He has Khorne demons and afaik no mortal stuff yet since he's mostly 40k, but he's fairly new to warframing in general. I have some old wood elves, wanderers now, and tzeentch daemons in can use. Which would make for a better beginner game?

>Commiefornia is the hotbed of AoS
Not surprisingly, really.

So what's the standard for Swifthawk, anyways? A pair of Skycutters, a unit or two of 5-man Reavers, a High Warden, and then... two units of Spireguard and one of Shadow Warriors?

They look like a pretty interesting and fun army, and the level of mobility is absolutely absurd. Plus, with the change to how City Allegiances work, they don't suffer any penalty for using Tempest's Eye since they're Grand Allegiance Order anyways.

What point level?

2000, pretty obviously. And basically just halve that for 1000, I'm assuming. Keep the High Warden, a unit of Reavers, a Skycutter or two, and Spireguard and Shadow Warriors to fill it out.

Why would you bring shadow warriors when Spireguard out classes them completely.

Any good allies for Agents? Do they need a magic support?

Eldritch council can give them more beef.

Soon

Because I wasn't aware they out-classed them completely? They get a free 12" movement after set-up and get to rerollable 3+ 4+ bows with 18" range if they're in cover which also gives them a 4+ save which Tempest Eye ends up bumping to 3+ for that first round. Sounds absolutely amazing at quickly seizing terrain and forcing your enemy to think twice about their zone of control. I mean, they get 20" of movement without running on the first turn.

Since you're presumably already using spire of dawn the eldritch council units are a natural fit

Play a narrative/open play game, look at the warscrolls and maybe do a quick 1 hero and one battleline unit against each other

So if I have two Spire of Dawn boxes all I need is an extra Skycutter or two? I wanted to buy this model anyway desu.
I have a winged general, 20-men unit of Spireguard for dakka, 2 units of reavers for even more dakka and an allied Loremaster for magic and stuff. Am I good to go? also what ability and artefact for general?

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
High Warden (220)
- General
Loremaster (100)
- Allies

Battleline
5 x Reavers (160)
5 x Reavers (160)
20 x Spireguard (240)
- Swifthawk Agents Battleline

Units
1 x Skycutters (120)
- Swifthawk Bows

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 100 / 200

Quicksliver potion can be great because you do loads of damage on the charge, but much less after taking wounds. Phoenix Stone can also be good too but I think Quicksilver would be safer.
Legendary Fighter? I don't know they aren't actually that useful.

So my FLGS is going to buy my heroclix and help me transition to AoS since I'm looking for a more stable game and I've always wanted to paint miniatures. I'm looking for something that's fairly easy to paint and not too complex for a beginner to play, suggestions?

also are the stormforged robots I can't tell

they're heroic souls put into suits of armor

Would wanderers or tzeentch daemons make for a better game?

>fairly easy to paint and not too complex for a beginner to play

Don't listen to shitposters and consider Stormcasts.
They are easy to paint thanks to having plenty of flat areas (shields, armours etc) and you can use mainly metalic paints (they are really forgiving). There are many ways to play them so you can have a lot of fun while looking for a fitting playstyle. Also they are like space marines for AoS - GW made them AoS posterboys so they are easy to collect. Just grab the Starter Set and a single Start Collecting box and you are ready to go with your 1000pts army. They are literally designed to be a newbie-friendly army and noone will blame you for playing them IRL

Other easy to paint and easy to run armies (in my opinion of course)
>Nurgle Daemons
>Ironjawz
>Slaves to Darkness
>Khorne (you will quickly learn how to paint the skin at least)
Not sure about FEC but I heard they are really fun to play with - never played with or against them so I can't really tell if that's a true.

Also remember that you can always just buy a single start collecting box and give this hobby a try in Skirmish games

Thanks for the input! I'll look into stormcasts and nurglites.

Nurgle Daemons are a neat option because you can also use them in 40k games. Also their start collecting box has everything you need to play Skirmish games and has exactly 500pts so two of them are enough for 1000pts games

shield wolf is about to release some good ones i believe.

>190 KB JPGSo how high are the chances that Shadespire will be a success?

pretty much zero

these shit distraction games/supplements that aren't part of the main game, and aren't releases of content for the actual game, are bullshit and I don't/won't waste my money on them.

They're super humans in armour.

>and aren't releases of content for the actual game
except the are. all the shadespire minis are getting warscrolls for use in AoS. And this is a good thing, I will tell you why:

shadespire is going to have a competitive meta, and in order for you to keep up with that competitive meta, you will need to buy EVERY single expansion box to get all the cards. Even if you only are interested one of the teams, the other sets include cards you can use. So you will be seeing guys buy the expansions just for the cards, and not caring about the minis. So what does this mean? Minis going for cheap up on ebay. So even if you dont get a shit about shadespire, and just want the minis, you will have plenty of opportunities to get them.

Surely some stores will sell cards separately but still I'm gonna buy most of the warbands for the skirmish. Most of my friends are not playing miniature wargames but it would be easy to talk them into small-scale games

all clan moulder stuff is all out of stock REEE

and clan verminus

>all clan moulder stuff
Which country? Also that's great if they are "temporarily out of stock" - that means GW is putting them into new boxes with round bases

>unit of sword masters is 10 to a unit
>the solo box is only 5 models
Oh boy I really do have to keep buying spire of dawn huh.

>implying GW will allow retailers to individually sell content from boxes
lmao

Are you retarded? A lot of stores are doing this. Cards will be selled like bits and sprues

sold*

UK, i have the worst luck.

i decided to start age of sigmar and was about to order a bunch of clan moulder and verminus stuff online but instead i decided, "hey lets go down the local gw store to say hello". had a nice chat with the manager but were all out of stock on the stuff i was looking for and i said "not a problem, il come back down in a few weeks or maybe order some stuff online"

get home, everything suddenly went out of stock online too, bad timing

I have never seen a single retailer cracking open Spire of Dawn to individual sell components. I have never seen a single retailer cracking open X-Wing expansions to individually sell components.

Whatre you guys working on?

I tried bringing skelemans into skirmish with a necromancer against a branchwych and some dryads. Got fucking stomped, no question.
Was paying 2 points per skele against 2 points per dryad, who have a better save, better attack and better move stat.

Well, if you want to buy clan verminus and moulder models you should try to find the Spire of Dawn box. It comes with 40 clanrats and a warlord for verminus and a packmaster and 2 rat ogres for moulder

I have bought plenty of stuff like a bloodsecrator or separate bloodreavers from the retailer. What's so strange here? Some stores are even selling booklets separately
>I have never seen a single retailer cracking open X-Wing expansions to individually sell components
Funny you mention the x-wing. I have bought a set of core set movement templates from the retailer because I have lost mine few weeks ago.

yeah i tried lookin for spires of dawn, none on ebay, can only find the aussie GW selling it

Right now, nothing

But just finished a load of stuff, and I'm ready to start painting another load

This moorning I added the final details to pic related, sadly my camera didn't quite pick the colours right, but it still looks somewhat decent.

At the same time I finished painting a little Skirmish warband of Death (a Wight King with axe, 20 skeletons and 5 Black Kngights) and last week just finished painting Grimgor Ironhide whom I'll use as an Orc Big Boss. Tomorrow I'll start painting a mob of 20 'Ardboys, I'm actually excited because I quite like the red & black colour scheme I've chosen for them.

Yeah, Skirmish is a giant pile of shit.

Dropped a tiny bit of a cavalry model's bridle on the carpet and now I'm trying to find the fuccking thing again. Just fruitlessly finished a third sweep...
As an aside, is the theme of that fyreslayer something like ash or cooled lava? Because it looks pretty neat.

I generally think it's kinda fun. My guys always get stomped because I just have too few guys on the table but it's still entertaining.
That being said, I'd obviously prefer a more fleshed-out system.