Afghanistan as a fantasy setting

It's disappointing that we don't look beyond medieval Western history and culture for our settings. Has there ever been a setting based on Afghanistan?

>Society
A predominantly tribal society divided by ethnicity, clan loyalties, tribes and extended family groups

>Geography
A varied geography consisting of everything from harsh, inhospitable mountains to fertile plains and valleys to something that is straight out of Mad Max

>Religion
Gigantic Buddha statues dot the land, Sikhs, Hindus, Shias in addition to Pagan worshippers

>Warfare
A land which has been the crucible of gigantic, protracted conflicts from known history right to the present day

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/PKFJzHfA
pastebin.com/DtKQ6iQt
pastebin.com/0MX6im6A
pastebin.com/PAeKg9rm
pastebin.com/0gG8Lwgy
orionsarm.com/eg-article/49d2d77d2227b
orionsarm.com/eg-article/46282273a3da3
orionsarm.com/eg-article/48472c6ab8511
orionsarm.com/eg-article/4866c7189f7dd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd be down to play something like Kiplings take on the setting.

>Gigantic Buddha statues dot the land, Sikhs, Hindus, Shias in addition to Pagan worshippers
Yeah, at a certain point it was really interesting. Now we have the same boring abrahamitic shit like in the west.

cut those nails senpai

That's not even Afghan...

It's how he does a bump of cocaine.

>It's disappointing that we don't look beyond medieval Western history and culture for our settings.
Triggered. Pic related and link below are things I've contributed to Veeky Forums and elsewhere:

>African Fantasy Tips
pastebin.com/PKFJzHfA

>Greek Fantasy Tips and Resources
pastebin.com/DtKQ6iQt

>Ideas for magitech elves.
pastebin.com/0MX6im6A

>Underwater civilization without fire nor magic
pastebin.com/PAeKg9rm

Plus look this:
>Worldbuilding, mythology and folklore links
pastebin.com/0gG8Lwgy

I've been looking for some decent African fantasy inspiration for a while now, thanks user

someone post crazy hassan

Thanks dude, this stuffs really interesting.

You're welcome. All part of being the loremaster of the setting.

That's Arab...

Today, Veeky Forums is not bad at history.

It's a pretty cool setting. Reminder that some of these dudes have been wearing the same fucking hat for almost 2500 years for no reason.

Cool shit

Do you happen to have the Wuxia material in txt? Glorious stuff, i picked up your pastebin texts.

>Organic Magitech elves

I've been fooling around with a posthuman elves as supers type idea. Although they're relatively "new" compared to other races, this gives me ideas for a supremacist faction ala Brotherhood of Mutants/Apocalypse

Also, I think the line separating Fantasy from Sci-Fi isn't tech level, but mass-production. The ability to just "crank stuff out" in a Fantasy setting should probably be capped at Colonial Era technology at the latest.

Afghans are just a bunch of child raping wasteland barbarians that have contributed nothing to the world. Just portray them as especially vile baphomet-worshipping orcs and you've got it.

I try.

Thanks man.

No. I'll put it in the pastebin within the week, ok?

>Also, I think the line separating Fantasy from Sci-Fi isn't tech level, but mass-production.
This actually makes a lot of sense.
This may be useful to you:
orionsarm.com/eg-article/49d2d77d2227b
Think of leaves as "mirrors" and you get the idea.
orionsarm.com/eg-article/46282273a3da3
orionsarm.com/eg-article/48472c6ab8511
orionsarm.com/eg-article/4866c7189f7dd
Combine with radiotrophic plants, you get a sealed environment capable of supplying food from radiation. Suddenly nuclear warfare isn't as scary for one particular faction.

ok thanks

Isn't it? Despite the label that's definitely not Arab. Neither the guy, nor the architecture. Nothing about the picture looks Arab.

Looks South Asian, either Afghan or Islamic North Indian. Could easily work pretty well as a Not!Mughal necromancer. Definitely not Arab though despite the name of the file.

Yeah, I'd be down for Kim but with a party of urchins