Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Starving nids edition.

>Previous
>Warhammer Community news(New releases for the Death Guard: Multipart Plague Marines and new characters)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/07/new-releases-for-the-death-guard-multipart-plague-marines-and-new-characters/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=7Jui-2YiU-c&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!Rh8B2DQA!oXJJe7qAZiMG-KEyQ-JwIdDATqPQjv36mwfnbk949dg
mega.nz/#!QkkWTIZB!nN_9Mn-FWQhNI4H_B4yQbi-E0cn7Sajorwdk_a36A-M
youtu.be/qeuqcOZI31w
youtu.be/Own6JGGs0nI
youtu.be/AjBnQ9J3Vz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tfw we have way more lurkers waiting for the codex

I only want to know if there's any interesting lore.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow.

Sorry to repost this.

which nurgling should I put on my bellboy?

Also what nurgling skin colour, and helmet colour?

First for I wont get a game this weekend due to my store holding a tournament

READY FOR WAR

Right. Plus paint the helmet white, and place it behind the bellboy, like its fucking around behind its back, mimicking it.

my dudes > your dudes

Left.

To those about to die , we salute you!

So Nid fans, what are your hopes for the new codex?

I'm hoping for more biomorphs and the return of the Doom of Malan'tai. She was always my favorite character. I'm also assuming we're gonna get Hive Fleet tactics, and hope the Behemoth one turns out to be good.

A re-loreing like the necrons got

WW2 Finland in space? Valhallan players better watch out.

>Ready for war
>Unpainted
Is this bait? Am I being baited?

First for anons doing 40k Writefaggotry !

thatsthejoke.jpg

>Im looking for issue 3 and 7 of the necromunda magazine. Anyone have a pdf?

mega.nz/#!Rh8B2DQA!oXJJe7qAZiMG-KEyQ-JwIdDATqPQjv36mwfnbk949dg

>tfw they get their own version of Simo "White Death" Hayha

Stop looking at me like that you Slaanesh Daemon

I just can't tell anymore.

I hope that he stays away from it.

I don't think IG have any sniper HQs, would have to ally in a counts-as Telion

everyother thread this gets posted and everytime i cry that there are people who do this and ruin the IG

If you outflank Russes into someones deployment you are a WAACFag.

>hits on 2+
>d3 mortal wounds on hit
>-2 to hit if in cover

>CREEEED
Clearly you lack any degree of tactics and deserve your loss

IG Battalion - Stormtroopers
2x Tempestor Prime - Command Rod
10x Scions - Vox, 4x Plasma, Tempestor with plasma pistol
10x Scions - Vox, 4x Meltaguns, Tempestor with plasma pistol
10x Scions - Vox, 4x Volleyguns, Tempestor with plasma pistol
2x Taurox Prime - Volleyguns and Gatling gun

GK Vanguard
Voldus - Hammerhand, Vortex, Gate (my inquisitor)
Apothecary - Warding Stave, Gate
Paladin Ancient - Gate
Paladin Squad - 3x with Falchions, Paragon with Hammer, Hammerhand

IG Auxiliary
Ministorum Priest - Eviscerator
Two Squads of 8x Crusaders
5x Ratlings
2x Valkyrie - Lascannons and Hellstrikes

How's this look? It's around 2000 points but I'm a little wonky on point changes. I'd like to put a Primaris Psyker in there too.

Any who uses krieg is there an option for vox casters with the squads and i mean in their rules and on their models

Do you have gathering storm 2 as an epub?

Yes and yes.

Oh boy, now I can give my guard stalhelms and not be called a nazi

>model snipers with just standard lasguns

if the GK fail thier charge you are playing with half an army

you forgot the Pistol 2 autopistol to represent his Suomi SMG

so do you guys reckon the plague marines kit will have customization or will it be the exact same everybody looks the same if you get multiple kits shit?

No user if we do that he will be able to destroy tanks easier. Since Small arms fire is so good.

do you get one or will i be stealing from the cadian sprues i have

did he ever use his SMG tho? I know he mowed down like 70 dudes with something other than his rifle but i thought it was some random emplacement or something

I would like to know more about Tyranids weakness.

The Admech goeses showed that they cannot into a war of attrition against an army that recycles its troops.

In the IG codex we learned that the Tyranids cannot handle winters and cannot eat carbon.

Thoughts on this list?

I have some chosen from the Dark Vengeance box and wanted to use them

Bump because new thread

>cannot into a war of attrition against an army that recycles its troops.
how does this work? Dont they just keep recycling their own nids also?

Pictures of the sprues are up on GW site, take a look.

I'm hoping there's a lot of those MkII helmets in there, because I need like 30. From what I can gather, there's at least 14 heads in there, but can't tell their exact style.

mega.nz/#!QkkWTIZB!nN_9Mn-FWQhNI4H_B4yQbi-E0cn7Sajorwdk_a36A-M

The Dagger of Tu'Sakh could be refluffed as skis for an officer and veteran squad allowing them to flank the enemy also.

Finns used a lot of mortars and anti-tank guns during WW2, but didn't have many actual tanks, so the Heavy Support slots should be Heavy Weapons Teams.

Could someone please post the conversions from the new codex?

>TURNING BACK THE LEVIATHAN

>The genius and innovation of the Tech-Priests of Lucius was displayed anew when a splinter fleet of Hive Fleet Leviathan invaded the planet. Despatching Lucius’ Legio Cybernetica and a great host of battle servitors to the planet’s surface, the Tech-Priests Dominus largely fought their battles from below the planet’s crust. By tracking the motions of their servant clades and controlling their activities via electromagnetic data-tethers, they waged their war without risking direct harm. Such is the wonder of the Cant Mechanicus that their battle plans were enacted to the letter. Wherever the Tyranid swarms overcame their servitor armies, the Tech-Priests waited for the xenos predators to devour the biological components before sending servo-skull swarms to carry the most vital of the remaining machine parts below the crust of the planet. There they were installed into fresh recruits, and the next wave sent back up to the surface. Though it took months to accomplish, the resultant war of attrition ended in victory. Deprived of bio-matter, the Tyranid splinter fleet was forced to feed upon itself to produce further troops, and the xenos could not keep pace with the recycled machinery parts and refurbished robots.

Apparently, It's not efficient for the Tyranids to recycle their own troops. Biomass is lost in the process leading to wide scale starvation.

Vox casters come in the two command boxes, one each, or the Equipment Set, four of them.

That's kinda the deal with any terminators tho.

>madmax guardsmen without going full digga
muh dick, anyone know if they have rules?

Huh, Never thought that the way to beat Tyranids is to just become Men of Iron

>Asks Nids fans what they want from new codex
>Wants to know their weakness
So, you're not a Nid fan then?

Got a pic like that for those skitarii looking ones?

They can, but the Admech had a planet to resupply random vat-grown bodies and levies from and the Nids had a fleet, which is smaller and anything they attempted to deploy to retrieve and recycle the bodies of their dead would also be shot at by orbital defences on the way down and so lose a good chunk of that biomass as well.

Forge Worlds are absurdly good at defending themselves full stop, no shame in a loss there.
The Great Rift killed seven Forge Worlds minimum and twelve tops, since five are out of contact, and that's a pretty poor record given it covered at least a few hundred. One (Metallica IIRC) took on a WAAGH!, a Plague Fleet with Typhus, two DG Companies and seven Renegade Houses as well as a couple random Daemon hosts and managed to throw them back with help from one House and another Forge's expeditionary force.

These guys?

Should i equip my Space Marine company vets with melee or ranged weaponry?

What's the best way for marines to do small arms quality fire (so S4 basically) spam?

No no the red robed ones

The AdMech, IG and CSM codices all spent time shitting on Necrons and Nids in scenarios of variable fluff-friendliness. From humans out-enduring Tyranids to Lucius possessing a Necron, whoever's writing the fluff doesn't seem to care much for them.

depends if they are doing bodyguard duty and if so, who for?

They really want to push those genestealer cultists kits for conversion opportunities. Not that I complain.

Is there a copy of cadia stands or eye of night kicking around yet?

No bodyguard.
Just wanna plop them in a razorback and run them up the board.

Post a picture of them and I'll start working on one.

Decent hive fleet rules and strategems. Don't really care about artefacts and warlord traits. They aren't that fluffy anyways and every single one so far war ignorable at best.
Return of some biomorphs and UCMs in form of artefacts/strategems. Especially for something Doom and Parasite related.
Pointcost reduction and better internal balancing.
Everything else is a bonus.

We already know Kelly was more involved then this biomass infecting virus. So it can't be as bad as it was.

Best bonus for me would be making all UCMs artefacts and get back stuff like Injectors, at least as strategems.
And get some synergy in the army! I can't stand how every other army has some buff characters and we getting only synapse. Synapse is great but it's a core mechanic of Tyranids. Shouldn't mean you lose every potential for buffs except in very specific cases like Broodlords for Genestealers and Tyranid Prime for Warriors.

Savlar Chem Dogs don't have rules. None of the doctrines really seem to fit them either.

In the fluff they are ex-cons who sign up for the Guard in lieu of their prison terms, their scavenging includes stealing from other regiments and experimenting with heretek, and they huff drugs through their rebreathers to build up the courage to fight.

company vets can get really cheap storm-bolters equaling 20 shots per 5 man squad, slap 2 squads in a rhino and pew away

yeah but you can do similar stuff with IG with a 3" charge instead of 9"

Here's the list i'm going to be running for my store championship which started today

Batallion
2x Tempestor Prime - Command rod

3x Scion troop squads with 5x scions in each, 2x melta 1x plasma pistol

4x Taurox Prime - Hotshot volleys, gatling cannon, stormbolter

Vanguard
Tempestor Prime - Command rod, power sword

3x Scion command squads, 2 with 4x plasma, 1 with 4x melta

Vanguard
Yarrick - Warlord
Celestine

4x Bullgryns, 4x Bulllgryn maul, 4x Brute Shield
3x Bullgryn Bodyguards, 3x Mauls, 3x Bullgryn Plates, 3x Slabshields
Priest - Chainsword, autogun

2x Elysian Valkyries, 2x ML, 4x rocket pods, 4x heavy bolters

valkyries move 45" and boot out everyone 3" but 9" from enemy, then move 6" to be 3" away

39 s7 ap-1 2 damage bullgryn attacks, hits on 3+ rerolls 1s, plus 4 yarrick attacks

Celestine eventually catches up to the bodygyns, giving them 2+/4++, you can do the same with the normal bullgryns but 3++ from a stratagem is sufficient for 1 turn

do you have a role in mind for your razorback?

It's equipped with an assault cannon and a storm bolter.

Catachans? Strong fighters to represent harsh prison life, Ld. boost to represent leaders commanding loyalty from their subordinates, and re-rolls to random number of shots to represent customized munitions.

Anybody got Alpharius' email?
I scrounged up the catalogue but haven't been able to find the bastard's email.

go away

For those interested, I found those youtube tutorials for imperial guard conversions :

Chemdogs
youtu.be/qeuqcOZI31w

Indigan Praefects
youtu.be/Own6JGGs0nI

Ventrillian Nobles
youtu.be/AjBnQ9J3Vz8

Why bullgryn bodyguards?

Do they really expect people to buy thirty cadians and then 3 boxes of each of the kits required just to shit out half the models you paid for on the table?

Use a Vindicare Assassin to represent him

Who's the best among loyalist SM at melee combat (in 8th rules)? BT, SW, BA or someone else?

Eat it NPCs

Yeah but I'm running an Inquisitorial Warband sort of theme. So I'm not dropping the Paladins. I'm pretty stuck with this list. Also
>character spamming and abusing Celestine for the 2+ save
Dropped.

double the wounds, +1 base attack (like a bone'ead)

can take wounds from yarrick and the priest (and more importantly, each other) keeping them in the fight when they would normally just get focused in the fight phase

I would say Black Templars based purely on the fact that they are the only Melee focused SM chapter who has a codex entry.

>abusing Celestine for the 2+ save

celestine doesnt give them a 2+ save, they have it automatically, she gives them 4++

>Yeah but I'm running an Inquisitorial Warband sort of theme.

so just make it ordo malleus and take normal GK which arnt shit? grandmaster with first to the fray and 2x20 strike squads, 5x psilencers throughout them, rerollable charges and waaaay more attacks

I'd swap their pistols for chainswords and put a chaplain in there with them. Razorback thins a horde and soaks overwatch then they move up and do 21 attacks with rerolling failed hits but thats just me and I love my dual chainswords

But I already have the terminators built lol

I do see your point regardless. It's a eggs in one basket sorta problem. I just love the terminator model so much.

D-don't tempt me user !

Reminder that you're only allowed to call other factions NPCs if you play Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Blood Angels or Dark Angels. Everyone else is in the same boat, especially Chaos, whatever delusions CSM players may have.

How about stormbolters and chainswords?

yeah i love the termis aswell, its a shame paladins/grandmasters cant get stormshields

if they did i;d be using hector rex as a proxy model

How in the hell do I beat necrons? This is driving me nuts, some waacfag at our store has them and I haven't been able to beat him at all.

Is there a list of limited availability models anywhere? Because I remember there being a terminator chaplain that was really hard to get.

Armageddon. Ex-ganger warlord trait, man.

Send help

>necrons
>waacfag

this is either bait or you are genuinely bad, necrons are the shittest army in the game right now

the only good thing they have is quantum shielding and gauss pylon to one shot LoWs

Do it. Do it!

How many players is too many for Rogue Trader? I know that Into the Storm has 21 Ship Roles not counting the Rogue Trader only role.

Yeah I was considering doing a counts as Hector Rex for my Inquisitor since he's amazing, but I just didn't want to shell out a bunch of meat shield Acolytes instead of my Crusaders in Valks

upload even if epub codex plz