Android: Netrunner General - /anrg/

Life imitates art!

What are you testing, trying out, experimenting, tinkering with?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y
>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/aa/d3/aad35e6c-afdb-4de4-b034-ec5b5b748106/adn_faq_v312.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/fa/84/fa84c620-cd7e-4c6c-96bd-c703419fca5e/adn_mwl_v12_web.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>Breaker Cost Comparisons, Old Netrunner
emergencyshutdown.net/

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

>Sealed Format Generator
anrsealed.com/

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site

Check out the very WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Worlds of Android Scan now in the OP
mega.nz/#!y0cC3ahR!bQlSrpCY4NamDKvq8FPXJEHAFS2WAvfzkZ0oyTbM_us

Old Bread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/36836270/#36899239
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/36836270/#36899690
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/00/9c/009c2fa5-a0c2-402a-acf3-6e051613e4ca/adn49_cardlist.pdf
cache-refresh.info/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/9/corps-and-runners/
artstation.com/fidelfaizz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When you're down to it, I'd say Charlatan is on par with Crypsis which, while not great, isn't as awful as some make it sound.
I ws just mentioning it it because

>when you approach the next piece of ice, if it is a code gate and this breaker's strength equals to or is higher than it, bypass that ice

Was basically a specialized Charlatan - icebreaker efficiency making or breaking the effect.

I love Keung, both in effect and fluff.
I like to think the retirement home netrunner anecdote was a seed in his making.

>retirement home netrunner anecdote
I must know more

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/36836270/#36899239

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/36836270/#36899690

Noice

We should update the MWL link

Can you really ignore efficiency when making the comparison though? Flashbang is technically a bypass tool, but the comparison to Charlatan definitely isn't obvious.

>Can you really ignore efficiency when making the comparison though?

If anything I'm saying the contrary: it's the efficiency of the breaker attached to that effect that would make or break the card.

Thing that bothers me is that, again Charlatan is basically on par with Crypsis, and I feel Crypsis should act as some form of standard to AI efficiency. Not in that it's good, but in that it's fair given the power/threat of an AI Icebreaker. We've had it way too good on that front, and maybe, just maybe, thinking back on it and all the issues AI cards have posed, it would be better in the future if AI fell back to that level.

Charlatan shouldn't be considered *bad*, if the card pool was healthier. Not top of the line, but not bad.

I mean, when some AI breakers are just plain more efficient than dedicated ones, we have a problem, don't you think?
And sure, when you have AI breakers like the Deva, or even better example Alpha & Omega (those were honestly balanced - hardly anyone played them) that come tied to a very strong downside or over-specialization in breaking targets, it can be fair to have that superior level of efficiency.
But I don't think we want that to be standard.

I'm working on testing some fast advance Jemison and a Chaos Theory deck using Ankusa, Egret, Tinkering, and Network Exchange to make ice installation too expensive for centrals and make easy runs on HQ and R&D.

On a side note; I'm hoping that L5R will reinvigorate the LCG scene in my town and maybe more people will begin to play Netrunner. I'm enjoying playing some L5R, but my heart will always belong to Netrunner.

The problem with such inefficient 'solutions' is that with the economy in the dumps for non-MO runners, using them is actively beneficial for the corp, since even a successful run using them could easily begger the runner and open up a new window for be corp to score important things and/or do things like HHN.

a) It's lass powerful for the runner, but is that a bad thing for the game?

b) If single core Crims managed to make Crypsis their main breaker to successful results, I'm thinking even with the loss of SA and Desperado, current card pool cannot be *that* bad for that balance plateau.

Ohhh that CT deck looks shiny.

Perhaps Crypsis would be alright in Core 1.0, but Core 2.0 has quite a few traditional (and somewhat common) anti-AI ICE, so said breaker is, if anything, in an even worse place then ever.

The corp can easily neuter Charlatan by having a cheap ice as the outermost ice, which once rezzed pretty much makes using it pointless, especially considering you can't combine it with Inside Job.

I was still strictly talking econ balance here. After all the anti-AI argument remains true for any AI, whatever the balance center.
You might argue that cheaper to install/more efficient AI breakers would work better as the risk of tempo loss would be lessened in case of anti AI tech, but then we're back to square one about the balance point.
Trouble of course has long been: slot hyper efficient breakers and ignore the fairly-costed AI. Or slot the "problem" AI. The balance has to be enforced across the board for it all to work.

What are examples of "fair" AI that has seeing any significant play? Knight? Overmind? Eater (and I honestly think I might be stretching here)?

Yup, that's the biggest weakness of the card. Still having a hard time figuring why they thought that specific wording was necessary to keep the thing in check.
Is there another unreleased card that necessitated that modification? Was there a combo and they overkill by changing both Charlatan and the other, so that we can't even identify what the issue was?

I can throw a list up later; I'm going to definitely need some suggestions on what I can improve. It was fun deck building it; but I definitely need some other eyes on it.

Honestly, with a basic shell containing MO and all the usual shaper stuff, it is probably reasonably easy enough to have a decent workable list with that combo.

>slot hyper efficient breakers
I still have no idea what the hell they were thinking with Paperclip. Why on earth is the most efficient Fracter in the game also the only one that brings itself back from the freaking grave? Wouldn't it have been smarter to have it be kind of clunky? Like, you know, the other two Conspiracy breakers?

Hell, why on earth did they release a more efficient Fracter than Corroder in the first place? Did Runners seriously need that boost? I always figured the Efficiency breakers were the ones they balanced the entire game around, but then they just shat all over that.

Do you know some good online stores to buy Netrunner expansions with discount that ships overseas ?

I wish, I used to buy from book depository, but since asmodee took control of the e-market that's no longer an option.

So if CI is the new King in Purple and Geist the new King in Blue, what would the equivalent of the other factions be?

Kim, Hayley, Titan, AgInfusion, Sol

Might be a good idea to add the link for the contents of Core 2.0 as well.

images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/00/9c/009c2fa5-a0c2-402a-acf3-6e051613e4ca/adn49_cardlist.pdf

Also that info link for Cache Refresh would be nice to have to generate more awareness of the official limited format.

cache-refresh.info/

To be fair Morningstar was already so much more efficient than Corroder it wasn't even funny... and it still wasn't played that much because the designers had dared to put some defects on the card to balance it.

I think I've got the shell generally done. I replaced Diesel with Laguna since I thought I would need more dedicated draw to get those crutch cards like tinkering and egret.

Event (13)
3x Indexing
2x Legwork ●●●●
1x Mad Dash
1x Stimhack ●
2x Test Run
2x The Maker's Eye
2x Tinkering

Hardware (5)
2x Dedicated Processor
2x Dinosaurus
1x Feedback Filter

Resource (11)
1x Beth Kilrain-Chang
2x Dummy Box
1x Find the Truth ●●●
1x Hunting Grounds ●
3x Laguna Velasco District
3x Network Exchange

Icebreaker (6)
2x Ankusa
2x Gordian Blade
2x Na'Not'K

Program (8)
1x Clot ●●
2x Egret
2x Magnum Opus
3x Self-modifying Code

"Laguna or ProCo?" has become a big building question as of late.

If you run MOpus, you don't run ProCo, I'd think.

It was a big question for this deck too. I figured MO was more efficient for Ankusa, but Professional Contacts might provide more deck building slots and be more efficient with card draw and credits overall.

Loving Ankusa as a way to force the corp to spend again and again on Network Exchange boosted install costs. Bleed yourslef to keep the corp poor. Very Anarch in green.

I have enough influence to slot two copy of Xanadu; so I might include it for shits and giggles.

If your program loadout wasn't already so heavy, I'd recommend some Diwan.As it stands Xanadu (and/or Hernando Cortez support) might just be good fun, yeah.

I could remove my Dedicated Processor's to include LLDS Memory Diamonds for the Diwan includes.... But I think Hernando Cortez and Xanadu would be more taxing overall.

Morning Star's great but that massive up-front cost makes it really hard to use, and you could get completely blocked by an Ice Wall at 5 advancements, which never feels good.

Plus, it's just so much more effective to save your Datasucker tokens for Yog and Mimic.

Stimhacking a Morning Star with clonechip/workshop felt so good.
If barriers gets big we have Knifed to deal with it.

Null with Morningstar and Mimic is a ton of fun. You can save your Datasucker tokens for either of them and still be relatively efficient.

To the Casting Call Underway Renovation user, what are your thoughts on a singleton HHN vs a 3rd GFI and a second Closed Accounts?

Thing that kills me is that, at the height of the Eli fad, when everyone and his mother was packing 3 and it wasn't rare to see two on R&D, still no one bothered with Morningstar. Sure, you had to sacrifice some early aggression window to get it going when compared to Corroder, but by the time you had broken Eli twice you were back on equal spending and turning a three credit difference in its favor per run.
And still it wasn't good enough, despite hardly anyone playing 5+ str barriers at the time.

>Sure, you had to sacrifice some early aggression window
That could lose you the game against RP Nisei or NBN Astroscript.

Not when you had inexpensive Medium deep dig on R&D which was the point of the set up, suddenly the corp couldn't count on Eli to tax you into submission long enough to make use of that train.
I played a deck with Morningstar in those times, and the win rates were far from disgusting the way some would have you believe.

Using the Star could cause MU issues, especially if you needed some for suckers and parasites at the same time.

Ichi's so rad, love how inhuman it looks - and what that means for its mind.

Also the art prompt was apparently "a living weapon", which is neat.

God knows what a 3.0 or Ichi would look like, both in power and actual looks, or cost like.

Oof.

Add Carver and NRE to taste?

>God knows what a 3.0 or Ichi would look like, both in power and actual looks, or cost like.
6 STR, 2x Trash 1 program sub, 2x trace 5- if successful, give the runner a tag and deal 1 brain damage, 12 rez

THE ICHI
It would make waves if it's released

It would be nice to see what the new AA of Ichi 1.0 is like. Bit of a shame no one really uses 2.0, even if it did appear in the '14 champ deck.

Yeah, you're paying 3 more for +1 strength, bigger trace, and bioroid 2.0 porousness.

On another news, rip Braintrust, the Android app to quicksearch the card pool will stop updating.

Atleast the Android deckbuilder app is decent for looking for cards, even if it saves card images to cache.

Oh, yeah I hope so.

Also, future card spotted via art - given the trademarks and such say 2017 stuff, kinda hype

Kitara cycle account siphon analogue, calling it now.

Same

The text would be backwards for him...

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/9/corps-and-runners/

New Hudson looks mean.
Also this pic might be worth stealing for the 1d4chan whenever that gets updated

Carver is definitely in there; but I left NRE out since I also had datasuckers in there and most of the time you're breaking barriers pretty efficiently.

I hope the era of Siphon spam and/or Medium digs in 90% will be gone for good, and this doesn't revive it. It's pretty comfy not needing to worry about Siphon, and while deep digs still happen with Deep Data Mining and Counter Surveillance, atleast they require building around and not just "spend the last 3 influence on Medium to enable deep digs".

Definitely, notice how the 3 screens resemble the account siphon? At first I thought it would be a tell for Gorman Drip, since salami slicing is a real world scam tactic, but these screens are pretty foretelling.

What if the new siphon is DLR type: if you are tagged yadda yadda click: corp loses a credit, if he did you gain 2 credits.

That'd be pretty cool.

But yeah, looks really siphon-y

What have they done to poor Hudson? He looks all threatening and shit.

Do you believe him now when he says the game is over?

Also he's like Ash's bbff (best bioroid friend forever), it's only fair that if one gets a new paint job they both do

>bbff

Snatched for later use.

Just remember to put the last "f" in inverted commas for Eve and Adams

New Ash looks a bit harsher too.

Tags as the downside don't seem good enough with tagme decks being pretty strong. Maybe if it RFGs? I'd still rather there be none at all, but max 3 times per game sounds manageable.

It's almost like they zoomed in all the way to just his head portrait. Bit of a shame about the relative lack to utility though.

I like the base idea of Hudson. With Medium and R&DI leaving the pool, I feel the value lessens a *lot* sadly.

Maybe on a remote in an upgrade based deck? Put it in front of a Sync BRE for a janklicious combo.

He is still alright vs HQI/Gauntlet/Legwork and TME, but yes it is true that his stock has been reduced. Then again, he's probably still more usable compared to Janus.

Pffff no one respects Janus until it's too late!

I suppose Janus could have been more 'affordable' in this era now that corps are a bit richer, but it is not to be since Heimdall already has the expensive big ice slot.

Who know what will the 2.0+ version be like? Or the unique version?

>When the runner encounters Janus, deal 1 brain damage. Then, the runner may lose any number of clicks. Deal 1 brain damage for every unused click they have left. Derez Janus.

Imagine playing one of those fuckton amount of clicks decks and meeting one of these.

???????

It is kinda like what srs bns MTG tourneys have been doing for a while now apparently. Helps reduces top cut scouting and whatnot.

Who's the artist for this piece?

This guy artstation.com/fidelfaizz

Cheers. A shame that even now there are plenty of artwork that remain hard to find.

Interesting. I offer to do that with my deck when playing with someone. I don't do tournaments though. This can change some of the dynamic in play quite a bit. You can't really count on your surprise wildcard anymore... not as if it mattered that much for competitive play.

I guess between scouting and our recent espionage incursions, someone felt the need to temper ardors.

It's likely that the top cut players would already know what everyone is playing anyway, so it's not a big deal. Hopefully they let you write down the decklist yourself though, so you can sneak in that Project Junebug you splashed for no real reason under Operations or something.

This isn't a huge deal like you think it is. As it is, I hope next world's does it again. I'm thinking this is to counter the NRDB stuff, which I really hope it isn't.

Boggs seems to be doing what I kinda want (copy Magic a little, tweak it to fit Netrunner) in regards to the competitive side of the game, which is great. The competitive side of the game pre-MWL-remove/Ban and Rotation replace was a complete mess.

I don't play competitive, but for a game where asymmetry of information is supposedly so important, I could see it bothering me to have to go though this, depending on the deck.

I guess we'll have to see this as just the acknowledgment of something we've known for a while: at the highest levels of competitive play, the game is a lot less like its Platonic ideal.
And I would still say diminished for it.

So, I recently became owner of New Angeles board game.
Any takers if I'd post pics of all Action cards and Assets?

Interested. Playing anecdotes too. Once you hae them.

That was my issue all summer, I had gotten into it around April and as soon as I was out of college for the semester I was put on for work on netrunner nights. Now I can't do it because my Call of Cthulhu group meets that same night. Jinteki it is for me.

Construction

Security

Labor

Defintiely, love to know a bit more about what the corps do, the re-fluffing of pics and so on

Biotech

Media

And that's all Action cards.

By my count all of 4 new arts in the events.

Also interesting how the factions divvy these things up in the version where there's a major and a minor

Weyland doing Construction/Security should be no surprise, but HB having Construction as a minor (after Labor) is neat.
Same for NBN and Biotech, and Globalsec with Media

Most Assets get their art from Executives, Characters and Sysops. There are several Connections and Agendas thrown in the mix.
Art reflufling for actions can be seen in cards I posted.
I think someone posted Corp Sheets and Emergency actions here but basically:
Jinteki: Biotech with side of Labor
HB: Labor with side of Construction
Weyland: Construction with side of Security
GlobalSec: Security with side of Media
NBN: Media with side of Biotech
Melange: Jack of All Trades

I hope the Puff Piece art makes it onto a card, Chairman Hiro trying to promote what is presumably Jinteki's efforts at fixing a broken arm but failing to crack a smile while the child looks on terrified is hilarious.

My phone is running short on charge so I'll post Assets tomorrow (gotta make the good last, right?)

Yeah, I know.

ANR refluffs a lot of art from Infiltration (Plascrete, hilariously, was a knife)

But yeah, it's cool to see who does what and what they can do.
Have the Emergency Actions been posted/got separate art?

Looking forward to the assets and their amusing captions

Emergency Actions are logos only, I am afraid. They do got flavortexts and have interesting fluff implications.

Ah that's cool.

I do know that Lizzy Mills's flavour text is "not known for subtlety", and I think they're all like that.

Yeah, it looks pretty good. He's holding that poor kid's arm so high as well

Thanks a lot user.

"Why is that clone of inferior quality? Our products must be top of the line!
- It's a child sir, a... a customer...
- Why are you bothering me with after-sale services? This is a marketing-related issue."