>more of gw's dumb tentacle fetish
>self-referencing icon

Pros:
>one eye, one horn
>as nurgle intended
>hellboy's nade pack
>no beergut for once

Verdict:
BadGuysAreIckyGeddit/10. Not even salvageable for bits.

>plague marine
>literally a corrupted dude who has been slowly decaying inside a tomb of uron for over 10k years
>lmao why isnt he proportioned like a healthy human

Yes, the corruption just happens to give him the same shitty proportions GW have been given marines for years.

I must be the only one who likes how beefy and stout marine miniatures look.

>Zuck
>a healthy human
>a human

>those irises

Where are his hips?

Theres just something unnatural with this faggot. Gives me the creeps.

>Plan on plasma spam plague marine
>Kit includes ONE (1) plasma gun
>No easy way to remove the bolters from the arms

Oh wow, its almost like gw wants you to NOT be doing that shit.

Exactly what is wrong with his proprtion? He is way less stout than his ancestors

Correction, this one doesnt look like actual dogshit

It's a jewish thing.
Shapiro and Netanyahu have this weird looks too

>it's Nurgle so a literal green stuff blob can fix the join no problem

May I offer a counterpoint?

he's just complaining about heroic scale in general
Which really has nothing to do with anything, if he doesn't like citadel miniatures he shouldn't even be here in this thread

Still look more human than Zuck.

To be fair, he is kinda crazy.

user, we all know those are shopped. Zuckposting is one of the better parts of /pol/ at the moment.

Zuck is Tzeentschian.

these look so much better. The sculpt isn't super limited, the colors are so much more diseased and blighted looking. I feel like I'd need to wash my hands if I touched one of these guys.

New Death Guard look like colorful shit.

>Be chosen of the deity of plagues
>Wear same battle armour for 10,000 years
>Have a reputation for just tanking everything and not caring
>"Darren push 2 holes into his armour and put a tentacle coming out of his ass, that'll show them he's a plague marine"
>"Barry, I want you to paint him green, but make sure he's nice and clean so people can appreciate our new plastics. People buy more clean models"

You couldn't let me fool even on person? Come on, user.
>one of the better parts of /pol/
Ah, well, at least that explains
Containment board, you have to go back, etc, etc.

No I’m not. The new DG are using the shitty old proportions (no hips) but just making them bigger. They could have made them bigger and given them primaris proprtions. I’m pissed because they only update the csm range evey 20 yrs or so and they fucked it up.

You know user you can paint them however you fancy.

>being mad about the paint style
>when you can paint them however the fuck you want

you are aware you can paint the miniatures however you want right?
They don't come out of the box looking like that

What happened to the entrails hanging out? Now it's all testicles and shit they doesn't look like a giant husk of rot and with the detail they are putting into them they could have made them look real grotesque.

It's not the hand joint that's the problem, it's that most of the tentacle shit runs down from the arms and up the bolter. o
Only about 3 of them can be cleanly replaced like you mentioned, you have to completely rework the arms for the rest.

I've gotten really fucking good at conversions, so I know I can figure it out. It's more that I'm disappointed GW doesn't even have the decency to give you proper weapon options in a troop choice box.

To add insult to injury, it is impossible to make the plasma gun/plague fist champion, instead, they sold him as his own character, like the anniversary sergeant.

There must be some financial guy behind the scenes still telling the producers what they can and can't do, if "new GW" wasn't just pushing the blame onto a few old figures who left but didn't take the problems with them.

>lack of hips

You do realize that typically the more jacked a dude gets the broader his shoulders get compared to his hips right?

if im supposed to believe marines are super chads, im sure their hips are not the biggest

>You do realize that typically the more jacked a dude gets the broader his shoulders get compared to his hips right?

>Skipping hip day.

Yeah, it really makes me think GW wanted the DG to be an advanced army, something to augment your CSM, rather than a good, tough army for noobs to start with. For instance, I built two boxes of the new termies recently. You get 5 termies, but only three of each melee weapon. If I didn't already have the power axes from the Cadre, I'd be pretty much fucked.

At least he doesn't have a retarded belly mouth.

>not working on your ass so that when you fight slaneesh their degenerate demons are too busy ogling your perfectly sculpted body to notice you lining up a bolter round

heretics truly have no tactical genius

ya but they have always been doing that shit

I just opened up a box vanguard vets and sure enough their were only 4 storm shields.

DESU I never understood why people complain about the amount of accessories they put in boxes. I always just model my guys thematically, not WYSIWYG because tournaments are pure fucking cancer.

Same thing with deathwatch and greyknights. Deathwatch should never have been their own codex along with greyknights. They were originally designed as a force supplement,

>if he doesn't like citadel miniatures he shouldn't even be here in this thread

For some people, the whole point of not liking Citadel miniatures is so they can act superior to people who do like Citadel Miniatures, not realizing that only morons base their self worth around a dogmatic approach to choosing toy soldiers.

Fuck you.
I just got home from work and didn't need to lose my sides

>every infinity player ever
>lol, look at GW cuck its players again! only 7 models for 50$? what a ripoff!

>>every infinity player ever

I knew some Assfinity player would butt in.

Some people who aren't morons think it's OK to like both Infinity minis and Citadel miniatures.

Also it's objective fact that most people can't paint Infinity minis to an OK looking standard, which means that gazing at their poorly painted minis fills them with shame.

Painting chubby space marines on the other hand, is simple.

i never said I dont like infinity models, just that infinity players are usually snobs about the design direction of infinity

Honestly I like 40k aesthetic more. remind me of the days of reading warhammer monthly.

>i never said I dont like infinity models

Sorry, working while posting on /tg is not working out well for me.

You're kidding right?

Those look like fucking dogshit.

>you have to completely rework the arms for the rest.

I hope these are compatible with the plastic MKIII arms, at least.

i think you are confused, that non was saying that the old plague marines looked like dogshit, not the new ones.

The new plague marines lookk simply perfect...IF only they had some entrails gushing around instead of slimy tentacles.
I guess its the new aaproach of Gw trying to be more "kid friendly", and it sucks, but still, its amazing to see how good they are.
Apart from the oversaturation of details in some models(mostly, triziliions of blight grenades everywhere)they look simply amazing.
Blighlord terminators are a joy to hold in hand. Would have just loved a few more head and bits.

The blight grenades are fine, it's just that wierd outstretched arm pose they give them.

>Also it's objective fact that most people can't paint Infinity minis to an OK looking standard
Ink wash isn't a difficult technique at all.

>>lol, look at GW cuck its players again! only 7 models for 50$? what a ripoff!

6 models counting for about 140 points. That's ~45% of a 300P standard game size. Another $50 and you're done.

Plz remind me, what are the initial investment costs for any GW army to play a standard size game?

The initial investment costs for Infinity is infinite dollars, because it has no playerbase and thus you'll never actually get a game. Go back to your single dead general, you pathetic cherry-picking shill. Or would you rather stay and complain about how everyone says your miniatures all look the same while you post your work and get zero comments then blubber about how militaries are supposed to have uniform gear.

>Skirmish games cost less than army games

It must be some sort of conspiracy...

What are you considering a standard size game because that's pretty much gone out the window at this point.

Also this. If you play a skirmish scale game ala Kill Teams you're only putting down anywhere from 30-100 bucks depending on the army.

Part of the huge cost of warhammer is that is has the capacity to be played with hundreds of models at a time, but that is not by any means necessary for day to day playing.

I don't know why Infinity came into this discussion. This was a thread to discuss the quality of the new DG sculpts. Which overall I can say I like, but I am lamenting the loss of extra bits.

Is this guy a mirror of one of the intro set plague marines?

The same pose, just holding a grenade instead

Different head and stuff but yeah the pose is the same, probably the same base in whatever 3ds Max program they use.

so much miniatures' variety

Is all the new GW stuff monopose? Looking at the Sprues on GWs own site they seem to be monopose digital sculpt.

I mean the digital sculpts are pretty cool and fits well together but it seems like they are all the same poses now.

Im talking vertically. The dg torsos are too short and there isnt enough vertical space for the hips. Even jes said on a stream that the old marines didnt have hips. Its why the primaris look so much better.

Yeah! I'd like to play a skirmish in the 40k universe.
Can I play death guard in Shadow war: Armageddon?
Oh wait, the game is dead. No one plays it anymore

>more variety in a single miniature than your entire game

And you haven't even posted any of the other GW miniatures yet! Way to go, champ! That's some 10/10 aim in shooting yourself in the foot!

>Infinifags in charge of not being total retards because they're too busy wasting their lives shitposting in threads for games they don't play or care about like some kind of creepy fucking autistic loser

Well, somebody is angry. Bang those bongodrums a little louder, I'm sure somebody gets a hit from all that tribalism.

Sad really. I feel like the only one on here who really loves the new DG range.

>itt: people acting snobby about theoretical other people acting snobby

hybrid? infiltration bio-synth? flesh sleeve for a x-tradimensional entity? flesh suit for a reptilian infiltrator?

I don't. it's why I add midsections to all of my dudes.

>IT'S LITERALLY OKAY WHEN CB DOES IT
>BUT GW
>When GW vs Corvus Belli has become the Sonyggers vs Nintentoddlers of Veeky Forums

I do yearn for the simple days of assembling and painting my Orks.

>, just that infinity players are usually snobs about the design direction of infinity

Stop being a generalizing fag.

Fuckers like you are what have caused so many problems in the world.

Stop posting here and don't come to Infinity General.

You're probably that fag who just shittalks for no fucking reason.

Nope, me too. Marines are supposed to be warped, grotesque post-human monsters, their proportions are supposed to be fucked to hell and back.

>that bolter

Fucking sexy

Are you

or?

You know that that pack is like a 50% of an army? WIth 100$ you can maybe buy two troop choices at GW. WIth 100$ at CB you have a tournament army

Neither
Except if you want me to be

The marine himself is fine, but that standard is fucking stupid.

>Hey bob, it's your turn to lug the stick around
>But I really don't want to hold it, it's got Steve's face on it for some reason, I really don't like steve
>Look Bob none of us like Steve but sometimes you gotta get your hands dirty for Nurgle
>Can't I just take a dump in the central water treatment plant on the hiveworld or something that would probably do a whole lot more for Nurgle than waving some stick around
>No Bob, it's time for the stick

>People buy more clean models
If it doesn't look like something from Blizzard or a Korean MMO, nobody wants it anymore. The grim darkness is gonna get so bright and shiny.

So, what would be the ideal model to tear up and convert? I have never liked because their arms and legs look too noodly. I don't want to spend more than the shitacular price for these new plague marines, but given the amount of work and extra bits it would take, it might be better to work from something more configurable.

>LOL THE NEW PLAGUE MARINE MODELS LOOK SHIT BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO COLORFUL
Every single fucking time

What is paint?

what

all these haters can eat a dick. Bought 30 of the new sculpts off ebay. fucking love them, and the new codex is stronk AF

>haters
Jesus christ user

>Off Ebay
Well yeah, of course the Dark Imperium sculpts are actually worth it, judging by yesterday, it's a fucking $20 difference between them and the new Plague Marine box. And despite being just as monopose, they actually have more fucking uniform wargear AND don't have to pay an extra $25 for a fisto champion.

I'll buy a box for model variety of course, but I'll stick to DI for reaching max unit size.

You can paint you dudes to make them look dirty and less colorful, you know, like we used to.

So how do we fix the issue of the models themselves not looking like disease ridden puss bags with entrails falling out?

Using the KING OF THA CRUUUSAWAAAYTS as an example. Good lad.

It's a reptilian thing.
Zuckerberg is definitely a reptilian.

Outta da way, Primaris Cruiserweight comin through!

Just like infinity!

Infinity models are mostly pretty. But the setting is generic as fuck and the game is shit.

Those rubric marines and terminators are the best models GW made in years.

Really want one of these with ork clans

It probably helps that their clean and ornate style seems to suit GWs sculpting and paint studios design ethos very well.
Still it's a miracle they didn't go overboard.

I'm pretty sure such concentration of irony in one post constitutes some sort of war crime.

I love how all the chaos iconography is mostly quite subtle.