How does your game handle violence towards children and murdering children?

How does your game handle violence towards children and murdering children?

Not in theme, doesn't happen.

It's treated the same way as normal violence

Kids all died along with the grownups.

Couple of the PCs probably killed some kids once though

With eroticism and sexy remarks.

My Warhammer players are playing as the town guard, and they caught some goat rustlers who were kids. The goats were unable to be returned (too dead) so they lined the kids up along with all previous goat owners and had the owners slap them each, once. Most used a modicum of restraint in punishing the kids, except for a five year old who's goat was a pet from a dead relative, who went apeshit on them with a whipping stick, until she was pulled away.

After that, their parents had to pay a fine.

Another child was running a gang with Skaven assistance, and warpstone exposure had him grow a tail. When cornered and confronted he attacked with a warpstone blade. Our resident sailor/beserker freaked out and split him right in two with a zweihander. I didnt go into much detail describing the act, but he was dead for sure.

I didn't allow child characters because Warhammer fantasy roleplay is about grisly death and I didnt want to vividly describe the death of children. Mutants, undead and adult peoples are fine though!

Not my current game, but the previous campaign we ran was in Adeva version 3.

Kid on kid violence was pretty common. Sometimes treated seriously, often just as punctuation to a particularly heated conversation.

I did find it funny, though, that Adeva might be the only time in an RPG that I have seen PCs react realistically to an enemy with a weapon.

No 10 minute OOC battle strategy pow-wow. No heroics to try and take the bad guy down by piling on him. Just JESUS CHRIST HE HAS A GUN! I'M GETTING THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.

It's something which can happen and will if things go that way. My perspective on uncomfortable things like dead children or rape or torture is nothing is off the table but I won't wag anything in your face. In general I prefer darker stories in my genre fiction so I like giving my games some teeth. Sometimes kids die. Sometimes people get raped or tortured. My players and I are all adults. Sugarcoating the darker sides of reality always felt disingenuous to me.

That said I really only take that approach with my own steel donut settings. If I'm playing in an established universe where players are familiar with a certain set of themes I don't step on that. Pic related is a good example. Did we really fucking need to see that in a Star Wars movie?

With a full-mast erection in one hand and dice for damage in the other.

She took those punches like a champ

Mostly by not leading them so much.

This reminds me of a player who tried to tell me it was "illegal" to depict violence against children in tabletop games, and another that said he would join our Nechronica game provided "that you don't show any violence towards kids". First was a somewhat normal fantasy world where anyone could die and one antagonist was a kid the party seriously pissed off because they smashed her house up for wood, the other is Nechronica. If you don't wind up with little zombie girls missing limbs and getting their brains ripped out every battle you're doing it wrong.

I don't shy from gratuitous descriptions of violence. If anything I'm known for it.

We don't focus on it, but if orcs raid a frontier village, you bet there will be charred tiny corpses in the wreckage.

I want to run games where people will outright fear lethal weapons instead of thinking "Think tactically" but nooooo my players never want to run

But strategically is how a soldier would think about a guy with a gun, and pcs are essentially even crazier than normal soldiers

DM had some town elders who used orphans as scouts. Apparently these scouting missions are potentially dangerous, but it s okay because they are just orphans. One time we had to track down a missing scout, we eventually found his dead body in this suspicious sunken ravine.
Our game "handled" it without any concern I guess in retrospect. He packed up the dead body in the cart and took it back to the town where the townsfolk had a big cemetery, the old grave-keeper dug a new grave and took care of it.

So yeah dead kids, no problem, just another mission.

Just the same as dead adults.

Dead is dead

Not included except as a footnote to the mass destruction in general.

I'm interested in getting into some darker concepts, but I get no joy from stories about child violence, so I'm not making a story with it included. Same reason I'm running a game in the civil war deep South without racism as a major theme. Just isn't what I'm interested in exploring with my players in this space.

>How does your game handle violence towards children and murdering children?

Tragically.

It's a simple fact of life.

who cares?
children aren't special
fetishization of children is how governments steal your rights
"b-b-b-but think of the chilluns"
Hell no.
Kids can die as much as anyone else.
One character in my campaign had a young daughter who he cared for.
Dude was single and in his 40s, the player that is.
Anyway he cherished his daughter in game quite a lot, spending gold on treating her to nice things and shit.
So I had her held hostage by the BBEG and when they fucked up and didn't make it in time, she was dead.
That guy quit the group after the end of that campaign.
Just stopped showing up.
Later found out his real daughter died when she was 7. Got hit by a bus.
Fucking laughed when I found out, because of how sick it was.
Made me feel awful realizing I had killed his coping mechanism.
Then I realized that it didn't really matter.
Why is it any different than normal dead people.
More years of potential life lost but who cares, really.
Not much to life past 30 anyway. I learned that much.
Dead people are dead people. I don't discriminate in my games anymore.

morty listen to me m-morty *buuurb* life doesn't matter it's all jsut molecules that you get, you get tricked into caring about because your stupid, morty shut up and *urrp* help me rig this vending machine becuase I want a Borgorloopoopikaka 4loco morty, those things are like liquid sex *raalph*

kids are easy to kill... if you need to do it. One of my PCs drowned his infant son in the ocean... there wasn't even a TN for it. Adults overpower infants easy.

I giggle manically and try not to stroke my erection as I watch my players squirm.

it's like normal violence and murder, but fun sized.

>Jump out of plane with no parachute
>Find yourself in the epicenter of nuclear explosion
>Get thrown back 65mil year back, eaten by dinosaurs
>Meet with psychoprojection of d&d adventuring party
>Sob into onii-chan's shoulder to get full hp back

derp, wrong image but strangely appropriate

If you believed any of your mentally ill tripe, you would have already killed yourself, you fucking hypocrite.

(1/2)
I actually had a story line involving child murder that caused some pretty serious OOC drama and the departure of a player.

I'm running the Infinity RPG from Modiphius. The player characters are members of an off-the books Black Ops unit working for the Black Hand: the Nomad Nation's intelligence service. They have come across evidence that the Exxo Megacorporation is engaged in illegal experiments with alien technology. The group's Black Hand liason (who also happens to be a catgirl because Animesque setting) learns that Marcus Jocasta, the only son of the ex CFO of Exxo, has been kidnapped on Neoterra and that a Black Hand informant has just leaked some juicy information that might crack the case wide open. The kidnapping fits the MO of a serial kidnapper and a DNA sample was traced to an Lhost dealer.

So they hightail it to Neoterra and offer the rescue her son in exchange for everything she has on Exxo.

To make a very long story short, the players discover that the kidnappings are the work of a mentally disturbed AI tech named Casey Rimbaud working for the Church who has come up with the idea that ALEPH, a powerful Artificial Intelligence linked into every aspect of life in the Infinity-verse, is in fact the vessel for the rebirth of God.

However, in order for God to be reborn Rimbaud has to gather together fragments of the God which have been sent back in time and encoded intot he minds of children.

However, by the time they find Rimbaud's hideout. It's too late. The boy is already dead and his mind uploaded into a Cube (a device that records your personality and memories).

Hopefully he did and that's why he hasn't responded

They defeat Rimbaud and an argument immediately breaks out over what to do with the Cubes of his victims. Most of the group want to use the crate of Silk ( the drug needed to transfer a mind to a new body) to resurrect the dead kids, but the group's resident amoral asshole wants it for himself. The asshole pretty much demanded the Silk and threatened PvP unless he got his way.

Later, after the game everyone is livid with asshole. He tries to explain that he had some kind of plan for the Silk but the other members aren't having it and a huge OOC argument starts which ends with asshole ragequitting the game on the spot.

I also catch some heat for it being a "quantum ogre" situation, only with dead kids. Which is true. The adventure was written so that Marcus is always freshly killed when the PCs arrive. I decided not to change this part. A decision I now regret.

During some between game RP, the characters take this turn of events pretty hard. They are all distraught that they couldn't save Marcus. On the bright side, they do save Marcus' Cube and return it to his mother. Since she is one of the wealthiest, most powerful people in the Human Sphere she will have no trouble securing a Resurrection for her son.

I took note of the situation and now know that with this group, kids are off-limits.

well aren't you an edgy asshole

I don't understand the question. Children die if you kill them.

For the most part, children are pointless and I don't go out of my way to point out their existence, but they're there.

I remember when I was fourteen.

>goat thievery
>literal slap on the wrist

nigger you know damn well they'd hang in a lot of places. Should have had them lashed, officially.

What were some medieval judicial punishments besides the obvious like hanging or headsman block?
Were there prisons? Could you be enslaved?

Torture such as whips and chains, slavery I think could be one. Ordeal by fire is an interesting one where you had to reach into boiling water and retrieve a pebble. After which your wounds were bandaged and inspected days later. If they were healing alright you're innocent, if not then you're guilty.

>How does your game handle violence towards children and murdering children?
1/2 normal XP.

I played Hunter earlier and had to kill some fetchs that had taken over a kidnapped child home. we managed to greet the actual children back safely from the hedge, but having to basically stalk and murder a kid lookalike was really awkward for me, especially since in - character he was the only one willing or able to do it.
He at least made his breaking point check so he didn't go nuts from the experience, as a consolation prize

My game is a set of rules, not a moral compass. People die if they are killed.

We are all children killing each other.

But that sounds perfectly fine. It just seems like your players acted as immaturely as possible.

They should have all lost their hands for thievery or be hanged for killing someone's livestock. Shit man, killing like 5 goats is pretty fucking cruel when people need to survive winter.

It happens.
thread/ ?

Well he isn't wrong about muh chilliuns being used for censorship

it never comes up

Edge aside, he is absolutely right. Children are consistently exploited as a form of propaganda to override common sense, rights, and even the law. It's sociopathic and manipulative to where any depiction or mention of children should be tightly regulated..

>The asshole pretty much demanded the Silk and threatened PvP unless he got his way.
>Later, after the game everyone is livid with asshole. He tries to explain that he had some kind of plan for the Silk but the other members aren't having it and a huge OOC argument starts which ends with asshole ragequitting the game on the spot.
This story was never about children causing issues. It was an asshole entitled player causing drama for no reason other than "it's what my character would do!"

Prison is expensive to run. You could be held before trial. Often in someone's house, an inn, or a church.

Most stuff was a fine. A bit to the victim, a bit to whoever was in charge regardless of how the case went (if you brought someone to trial frivolously, that's a fine too).

If there was anything between a fine and death it was usually corporal or ostracism or something.

Players treat Guns as no big deal because in most games they are no big deal. No worse than any other form of combat they get involved in.

When you have 120 hp, why should you be afraid of a shotgun? That's only 2d10 damage. You'll be fine.

Compare that to AdEva, which was 'If this weapon hits you, I roll a d6 and you take that number times 10 as a penalty to your stats. If this takes your physical stats to 0, you die.'

"But I invested heavily in that, and still only have a 40!"

"Then you better hope I roll a 3 or less. BTW, you'll still be basically crippled and out of the fight from the penalties."

And that was for a simple handgun. Assault rifles and whatever rolled 1d10, and you were not getting any extra health to deal with them.

So even in a fight where you outnumbered the guy with the gun, unless you had a lethal weapon of your own and the opportunity to strike first, odds were good he was going to just wipe out at least one of you before you could beat him with sticks.

Did a few SotDL sessions and the party had to save two kids from cultists, one kid died and the other lost her mind and didn't stop screaming until her voice broke.

Another session people were going missing because of an organ filch bunch of bums and a pick pocket kid, turns out the organ filth had a goal with him so he uses the organs and the ghoul get the left over flesh for food. A ghouls favourite food is children and they have the ability to take the form of the person they fed on, so when the partyfound the lair they found a 9 year old ripping into a flesh pike and then one nearly had his throat ripped out by it before the mage cracked it's skull.

NO MERCY! but don't do it too often or it'll get boring

I'm running Nechronica so loli on loli violence is pretty regular. I do my best to play up the horror and the degradation in humanity but my players only take it seriously half the time.

>D&D is most games

Less hit points

Statistically speaking, that is factually accurate. Most tabletop RPG games have been sessions of some edition of DnD.

I mean it presumably happens in places, but it doesn't feature in my games

>Find yourself in the epicenter of nuclear explosion
>Get thrown back 65mil year back, eaten by dinosaurs

I remember Animorphs too user.

It happens, we don't go out of our way to have it appear, but it's inevitable in the game world. I remember the way one of my characters was introduced in a 2nd edition game.

>My previous character died with a goblin arrow in her throat, defending a siege against the barn the party was staying in.
>Roll a new character, decide to make a stereotypical nun, roll decent wisdom & charisma, middling phsyical stats, an extremely low int, I think it was either 5 or 6
>Her church sends her out to a farm as a midwife for the farmers heavily pregnant wife
>The birth goes well, just swaddling the newborn when goblins come pouring in through the windows and doors
>They begin slaughtering everyone, stabbing and clubbing the farmer and his sons, dashing the newborn against a wall, my character is bashed over the head almost immediately with something heavy
>Party was tracking the goblins, they come across the ruins of the farmhouse the next morning, my nun had managed to crawl her way outside before falling unconscious again
>They manage to rescue her, she's heavily brain damaged by now
>Has an extremely hard time thinking straight, takes her 3-4x longer to form sentences than normal
>They agree to take her to her chapel, since it's on the way
>It's burned down

Whole series of events was very memorable, not too dark and edgy, but not too noble bright either. It really set the tone for the rest of the game.