$12 a model for PLASTIC models GW what the fuck...

$12 a model for PLASTIC models GW what the fuck. I could buy a one-man pewter blister back for that price back in the day.

You know what the funny thing is? They're priced at $84 because free delivery starts at $85. How Jew can you get GW?

bump

You guys sure spend a lot of time complaining about the price of a game you don't have to play.

>you don't HAVE to buy it, so why complain?

And the level of detail and amount of add ons and accessories per model has dramatically increased. New plastic is so much better than the old pewter. There's also this thing called "inflation", making things cost more over time.

Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Being made of metal does not somehow make miniatures better value.

Yeah Aus and NZ get fucked, it's not like that's new.

>Metal is cheaper and easier to mold than plastic

Ah yes, now I just have to pay $200 if I want to try out a slightly different army comp

>being an aussie cuck
That's where your problems started

>And the level of detail and amount of add ons and accessories per model has dramatically increased.

Is that supposed to be a good thing?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the major attractions to 40K that you can heavily customize, modify, and kitbash your models?

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the major attractions to 40K that you can heavily customize, modify, and kitbash your models?

Sometimes this is true, sometimes it's not.
The multipose models can feel generic without significant effort, and it would take forever to heavily modify tons of line troops.

Literally just play infinity my man. I'm not even kidding I've been playing 40k since 3rd and I just gave up after this last price gouge. After swapping to infinity i haven't looked back. my combined army is looking sharp as fuck and it's fun to play. Let the cucks get shilled by gw and move on man for real

Just make plague marines out of baked blobs of dough.

>They're priced at $84 because free delivery starts at $85. How Jew can you get GW?
holy shit that is the kicker right there. what a bunch of fucking hooknosed kikes

Stop spending all your centrelink on beer.

That's whay you get for being a fotm fag.
>OP will now tell me that he's been playing DG for years and yet still decided to buy this ugly overpriced shit because he couldn't convert the easiest army to convert in all that time.

I haven't played 40K for years, just saw the news pop up

calm down m8y

You just saw the news pop up? So your first reaction was to come to a taiwanese basket weaving forum and bitch about it?

>bump

Really?

I don't understand why this is even worth complaining about. Do you complain about every other overpriced product on the market? Because there are literally over hundreds of million of them. And if not, why not? Why this particular product?

Yes, are you going to bitch about that?

On a laotian leather working forum, yes.

>80 buckaroos gets you the Tknf box with 30 something minis.
Doin a think

We had this conversation before, they're far cheaper now than they used to be, ignoring inflation even.
same as Rubric Marines.

Rhubic marines are 84 for 10 and come with all the codex options

Plagues are 84 for 7

Rubrics used to be 84$ USD for 10 (had to buy 2 conversion kits at 20$ each as well as a 40$ chaos marine box before any taxes)
Rubrics are now 50$, brand new models, don't have to buy a stupid overpriced conversion kit.
Plague Marines at one point in the US cost 15$ for 2

Plastic Rhubics were released last year at 84 for 10

There is little justification for 7 plastic minis of the same size being the same price

I'm not justifying that, I'm plainly stating that in comparison to before, both kits are cheaper for the same amount of models. 7 Plague marines ran you 60+ before, 10 Rubrics ran you 80+
They're still overpriced, but much cheaper, better looking, and easier to handle than before.

Rubrics should've been 84 for 9. Khorne plastics should be 88 for 8.

Look, not everyone is as poor as you and can't afford to support the hobbies they love. Just because you're too ungrateful to support people who bring life to their hobbies doesn't mean everyone is.

>not wanting to pay for overpriced goods means you're poor
Very shoddy logic

user these prices may be cheaper than they used to be in comparison to before, but they're still obscene and being frustrated with that doesn't mean that the OP can't afford it. I think it's absolutely fucking retarded that 20 guardsmen used to cost 35$ but now it's 10 for 28, but I still buy boxes of them anyway, just not from GW.

>I could buy a one-man pewter blister back for that price back in the day.
Assuming 'back in the day' is 1985, that would be $27.38 US, which is $35.22 now.

I'm talking more around 2000

*$35.22 AUD now.

In that case it comes out to $22 current AUD.

Fuck me time flies doesn't it

$18.31 current AUD you mean

Complaining about negligibly priced non-essentials does.

The Matrix came out 18 years ago.

No, that was cherry picked figures using a particular model that was incongruously priced and based on American prices.

>negligibly priced
No.

>Australia
Why the fuck are you even surprised at this point that GW models are more expensive where you live? How did you even get into this hobby? It's £30 for this kit in the UK. It's not cheap but it's hardly a surprising price point.

And you claim you're not poor.

We had this thread the other day. GW had gotten cheaper over the years when you adjust for inflation.

It's also become more expensive when compared to income.

That's not GW's fault. Their prices are already LOWER than inflation's rate, what more do you want them to fucking do? It's not like they're raising prices relative to inflation.

>Their prices are already LOWER than inflation's rate,

Are you recovering from a brain injury? Rubbish

that used to b ea valid reason for charging more...but when its digitally designed shite...nope.

The fact that one champion costs the same as half a squad is nuts, he can't even be customized.

>they're basically monopose

I can't imagine defending GW repeatedly on the net, you'd have to be a mentalist

You dont have to buy anything aside from bread and water.
So you are not allowed to complain about the price of anything aside from them?

Bloody retards and shills this community is filled with.

>Forced to have all the mutations
Don't really want to buy them to be honest.