Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

High Elf Diplomacy edition.
> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tb4BWSUV8mM
whfb.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Son_of_Bretonnia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it time? Will the beastmen hordes finally show they are the true chaos army Veeky Forums?

Anyone have any good art of Neferata?

>When dirty ratmen think they can squat on your land.

So, who wants to sell me their Warhammer RPG 2nd edition books??

Why don't the vampires who lived in Nehekhara look more Egyptian? You think they'd want to remember their homeland instead of northern barbarian lands.

khorne.ru/2nd

They are old as dirt by this point so they likely have been exposed to a bunch of cultures which over time likely changed how they act a bit.

That and acting like an Egyptian in the middle of the Holy roman empire kind of screams something is up to anyone looking for the supernatural.

>khorne.ru/2nd

I want the physical copies, what part of that confuses you?

Get with the times grandpa. Books are 20th century.

nobody cares of her because we have morathi

So would vampires end up having some scars from sex?

I'm pretty sure vampires can't even really scar up. They are undead so I've always ran with they'll heal up pretty much perfectly unless they are lacking blood. Otherwise most vampires would be nothing but scars by this point.

>Otherwise most vampires would be nothing but scars by this point.
They are.

I've always taken that as more from the decay Vlad has occurred from dying so often and all the stressful things He's put himself though over the years. Not so much how many times he has been cut up.

why is he so perfect?

Friendly reminder that the concept artist is a cutie.

Cause he has all the qualities that make a great evil character.
Extremely competent while not being a mary sue Bestest fighter evar or being some trickster with convoluted plans that make no sense.
He isn't completely evil and doesn't do shit like kick puppies for fun. However, he isn't a angsty misunderstood hero, he's still a clear villain.
He also has a relatable, human, side to him. He has genuine affection for his wife and isn't some heartless monster, and said romance isn't some Angsty teenage goth romance but instead has them simply delight in loving eachother and ruling over the night together for eternity.
Also most other Warhammer villains (save orcs who are meant to be the funny villains) are either horrible like Mannfred or Archaon, or just not detailed enough. So Vlad shines. And just look at pic related, doesn't he look suave as fuck?

She also drew Fulgrim, this guy needs Hands of Dominion in face.

yeah she is, now that's a slav I wouldn't mind trolling

Unbeknownst to man, deep under the earth within the Under-Empire, the Skaven chitter and plot the destruction of the surface-dwellers for the glory of Skavendom

However, Unbeknownst to the Skaven within the Under-Under Empire, the Flea-men hop and plot the destruction of Skavendom for the glory of Fleamendom

However, Unbeknownst to the Flea-men, within the Under-Under-Under-Empire, the Bacteria-men molecularly signal and plot the destruction of Fleamen for the glory of Bacteriamendom

so im a twwh fag but recently looked a bit at the army book and noticed just how expensive some of the unique lords for the various races are and was wondering if they were worth their points or just way too expensive

Some are, some aren't.

He looks like he has two right hands.

I see what you mean. But what you think is his left wrist is actually his left thumb. Perspective is a bitch.

>Get with the times
Then we'd be talking about the brand-new rpg for Age of Sigmar, wouldn't we?

Fashion isn't static.

What said. Speaking as a WoC player, most special characters are kind off a side grade to a generic lord. Festus and especially Throgg are insanely good for their price though. Festus because he grants the unit he's in both regen 5+ and poison attack and Throgg since he's so much value for his cost as a fighter (S5 breath weapon that ignores armour saves, S8 on attacks and the ability to roll on EotG if he regen saves twice from the same source). He also buffs the ld of monsters/ monstrous infantry and taken him means that trolls count as core. The last one would be reason enough to take him imo. Trolls are amazing for their cost if baby sitted.

Oh and Festus have a nifty ability in which he can use oneof his many potions. He can choose between healing one wound every close combat face or have a roll of against anything in base contact. If he wins the roll of he inflicts d3 wounds on the target by forcing them to drink one of his lovely concoctions.

Hopefully we get to have Festus as a Legendary Lord for mono-nurgle in the third TW-game. Hopefully we'll even see questlines for Legendary lords in the united campaigns. A campaign based around travelling the world, looking for suitable ingredients for his experiments just seems like a really fun experience.

We need Tamurkhan though.

Definitely. Seeing as I expect the third game to include a fair bit of kurgan land, aswell as a chunck of the northern wastes he seems like an auto include. In fact I'd argue that he makes the most sense of every legendary chaos leader to include in that game. He even had close workings with some of the chaos dwarfs.

If I were allowed to dream for a bit I would include Valnir the Reaper as a legendary lord for a unique mono-nurgle norscan faction in the connected campaign. Would be amazing to play a campaign centered around trying to awaken that legend from his slumber upon his palanquin throne. He'd work as a buffing unit up untill you finished his final quest battle. When that wwas completed he would have some pretty nice dmg output aswell.

Another great idea for a Chaos Legendary mono-lord would be Egrimm van Horstmann. I could definitely see a campaign based around using agents to corrupt regions untill they explode with armies of chaos cultists.

Forgot pic.

Speaking as a Skavn player:

Thanquol gives you so many extra dice you might pull off an entire magic phase only with him. He's a bit pricey, but it breaks even very often (due to skaven magic being extremely powerful)

Thog is insanely good value since you can stick him in a Giant Rat horde (so his downside is not that punishing) and slap two horde of rat ogres in core

Queek turns your army in elite infantry, with WS5 STR5 stormvermin

Skrolk is shit, way too overpriced

The Eshin clanmaster is shit too

Ikit is meh

Tretch is meh

Skueel is very good, if random

I'm sure this has been speculated on already, but I'm unoriginal: What're people's guesses for the third LLs for the Delves, Helves, Lizardmen, and Skaven? I'm pulling for Thanquol & Boneripper for the rats and Malus Darkblade for the Delves, but I honestly don't know enough about the other two to speculate.

>Malus
YES

Lizards will probably get Tenhenhuain

I just want a pirate themed campaign centered on black arks with Lokhir Fellheart.

For the high elves it might be Alarielle and Alith Anar, with the approprate shadow warrios and maiden guards.

Tenhenhuain is a lock. They need a skink lord, and he'll essentially be Lizardman mix of Teclis and Skarsnik that makes a skink heavy army more viable.

I'm hoping Alarielle is the Helf lord, giving us handmaidens and a bitch fight between her and Morathi.

Given how the DLC packs worked in the first game, I could see "The Dark and the Shadow" or something like that for Malus and Alith Anar, while having The Priest and the Prophet for Tenehuain and Nurglitch.

Would a good guess for the Kangs be Settra, Arkhan, and Khalida?

Not sure who the final one would be since I can remember somewhere CA saying they wanted to ensure 4 LL per faction. Maybe the named Liche Priest Khatep, for a far off start position, since he is exiled.

I don't know if they'll be releasing LLs in pairs any more; At the very least, the next Skaven LL isn't going to be paired with anything. Maybe with 'an experiment', whatever the hell that is.

Yeah, I know Im simply being hopeful. Mainly because this area of the world has far more rivalries that actually work, unlike the pairing of Volkmar and Ghorst

How many people here believe that we will see a dlc for the vampire coast? To me it seems close to a certainty. I mean even the most normie of normies would consider paying a couple of bucks to play as zombie pirates.

I'm hoping that "experiment" is an army painter.

That would've been swell.
However what would've been amazing would be if it was a lord apperance-customiser.

Why did GW have to kill Throgg? They could have just made him a Troggoth Uberlord or something and kept him for those of us who want to play the monster mash

Luthor Harkon, most based of vampires

Creative Assembly have a hard on for Vampire Counts, and Luthor Harkon is pretty cool.

Because End Times was retarded.

Was is ever officially stated what happened to the magically inclined male children in Bretonnia besides 'they vanished/the fey took them'?

I think some source described them getting sacrificed to Kurnous. Most not mean that it happens to all of them.

Depends on the edition, I think. I haven't read the Bretonnia books in a while, but by memory:

5th: Most children just vanish, but some people (mainly nobles) are smart enough to send them to the Empire early on, and get them trained by the magic colleges there.

There was a new story by Andy on the access. Explains the High Elves and Dark Elves start. Has a Ind Tigerman reference and shows Morathi as worshiping Slaanesh.

No one would have believed in the last years of the twenty-fifth century that the Old World was being watched keenly and closely by minds more ingenious than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man might scrutinise the verminous creatures that swarm and multiply in the cages of the rat-catcher. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. It is possible that the mice in the grain store do the same. No one gave a thought to the older subterranean world as a source of human danger, or thought of it only to dismiss the idea of life beneath them as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most Imperial men fancied there might be dwarfs beneath the ground, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome a missionary enterprise. Yet within the labyrinthine tunnels under our feet, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects quick and shrewd and insane, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us. And early in the twenty-sixth century came the great disillusionment.

Oo-laa!
youtube.com/watch?v=tb4BWSUV8mM

HOLY FUCK, CAN I PLEASE STOP GETTING SHITTY LOVE TRIANGLE SCENES BETWEEN MAX AND ULRIKA?! I WANT TO SEE FELIX AND GOTREX MUTILATE CHAOS SHITTERS!

>Don't step on Sotek

not canon

Because GW just looked who of their characters was vaguely popular and killed the rest in several footnotes

They probably become Wild Riders/Sisters of the Thorn

They became magical knights.
whfb.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Son_of_Bretonnia

I have some, fortunately.

Cause the only ones left who remember Lhamia are Neffie and her girlfriend.

Or maybe they bring out Eltharion vs Grom the Paunch and it could be the Grim and the Grom.

Two more that are locks in terms of quality (counting this one) then another two that aren't as good.

>canonically most beautiful woman in the world
>you can see her ribs jutting awkwardly beneath her breasts

Why?

If it helps, she's got slightly more meat on her bones in-game.

Bitch worships Slaanesh, she is ugly crone.

WYFU

Bretonnia and Wood Elves had no relations in the 5th edition.

Does anyone remember a Chaos Lord that had a two-handed sword, and whereever he went new life was supposed to spring up in crazed ways? I thought he was a champion of Tzeentch, but i don't think it's clearly said, and he once had a model.

Who is said artist?

No, she isn't. Malekith comments that Hellebron is more beautiful than Morathi.

It's the very reason why Morathi treated a young Hellebron like shit. She was jealous of her.

Morathi can't be canonically the most beautiful then.

Aekold Helbrass. The sword could also be thrown and would return to the bearer's hand.
There's a story of his exile in the old Liber Chaotica.

Yeah that story is pretty neat. I recommend it to anyone who want to read about Chaos. Heck the Liber(s) Chaotica are great for anyone looking to delve into Chaos lore.

If you were to include Aekold Helbrass in game 3, how would you design his campaign?

Well she is now, because Morathi cursed Hellebron to look super ugly.

A lot of the older characters are great, especially the Beastmen characters who got forgotten about.

Like this guy, who was given birth to by the moon. I swear I'm not making this up.

Morathi swung things in her favor by claiming the best blood cauldron for herself, allowing her to remain eternally beautiful while Hellboron has to look like a crone most of the time.

The rest of the time, whoever? 100% sexy. In her own way she's better than Morathi because she at least seems loyal to the Cult of Khaine and dedicated to getting rid of pleasure cults.

>The sword could also be thrown and would return to the bearer's hand.

This reminds me of that one novel series about divine dickass swords. One of them you can say the name of anyone and throw it, and it will unerringly find their heart...but then not return, letting it be hurled back against its 'master.'

Struck me as very Tzeentchian.

>It's the very reason why Morathi treated a young Hellebron like shit. She was jealous of her.

Interestingly, Neferata does this same shit.

How is Hellebron in the sack, compared to Morathi?

All I can guess is based on this quote:

>It is only on the days following Death Night, where her flesh and form are renewed to full vigour, that Hellebron walks the world unveiled, reveling in the power and sensations of youth. Those who wish a boon of her are well advised to seek it in this brief window of joy, for at other times her mood is capricious and sour, and an audience with her is very likely fatal.

If she's reveling in all the sensations of youth as fully as your lewd mind would want, she must be having as much sex as she can manage within such a brief span of time. So that gives her plenty of experience, where Morathi seems a bit more choosy with her partners.

It's a pretty common bitchy woman thing.

Neat. Just better hope you're not the one she's 'with' at the moment that the magic runs out and she transforms back.

Funny joke, but I'm really not sure how the magic works - is it really suddenly 'poof, she's old again?' or is it temporarily being made youthful and then aging back to where you were?

She ages back to her normal state. The inferior cauldron of blood has diminishing returns, so the 'buff' lasts less and less time with each use.

Probably the latter, I'd say, considering I imagine it's supposed to be like the stolen lifeforce runs out over time.

For skaven it's Thanquol and Ikit, filling the grey seer and warlock engineer lords. Eshin need not apply with the TT rule of "killer not a leader".

One leads a pleasure cult. The other doesnt