Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What cultural analogues do you wish were represented in Golarion's lore?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=67F5JHwc_Zg&
youtube.com/watch?v=2KndDDQZveQ&list=PLu6_FOgZp3ej7yPm4YoyDbfHoOZWpQ1iR&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=8XcUdy2KTtU
youtube.com/watch?v=f2eAFQlF8yM
archivesofnethys.com/Feats.aspx?Category=Critical
youtube.com/watch?v=BCxitwd7aCg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Actual Byzantines as opposed to the half-assed pseudo-Britain that Taldor ended up as.

Aztecs/Incans

But user, that'd be cultural appropriation.

Does anyone have music that would fit for a rogue?

What kind of rogue?

youtube.com/watch?v=67F5JHwc_Zg&

a classic

Crossbow-using alchemical-item rogue. Basically fantasy batman, but, y'know, a thief.

Assassin's Creed Revelations OST:

youtube.com/watch?v=2KndDDQZveQ&list=PLu6_FOgZp3ej7yPm4YoyDbfHoOZWpQ1iR&index=1

Also saying this, Mesoamericans would be neat.

youtube.com/watch?v=8XcUdy2KTtU

What classes and races are good at infiltration?

Elven rogue ?

Does anybody know where to find the Voyager class' playtest document, or whatever it is right now?

The OSTs of Thief 1-3. Also Dishonored but it's not as memorable.

In interested on how you're building this character. I've given it a go myself with varying degree of successes and multi classing

How do you roleplay a Char 7 (-2) character?

A copious amount of 3pp and 3.5 content, along with a permissive GM who's actually good and chill.

Just be you/

>-2

An aura around you makes people unnerving when they talk to you. They can't quite explain why.

Awkward, standoffish, maybe combative when things don't go your way. Don't go out of your way to interact with others, and when you do, be rude. Generally speaking, observe no social niceties unless you start investing HARD in Diplomacy.

How the fuck does an Inquisitor do any kind of decent damage?

If it doesnt do decent damage, what roll is the Inquisitor supposed to have in combat?

Archery + buffs

be urself

Divine Favor, Judgement, Bane, Heroism.

All of those are on-hit, so stack it with many attacks and fuck up some people.

But it doesnt have any buffing Class ability aside from ones that only work for the Inquisitor himself.

So the Inquisitor really just dependent on some either limited or pretty underwhelming daylies or spells, which it doesnt get as many of?

No actual reason to not just play a Cleric then?

>No actual reason to not just play a Cleric then?
Hello, welcome to D&D.
Would you like to wear a pointy hat, be an altar boy, or be a bear? No? Then you won't be optimal today.

>But it doesnt have any buffing Class ability aside from ones that only work for the Inquisitor himself.
Yes, and?

>No actual reason to not just play a Cleric then?
Maybe not if the campaign is 100% combat, but having skills is nice.

How would you distribute the levels for Magus (Eldritch Archer)/Gunslinger(Siege Gunner)?

Also what traits would you recommend?

Magus 20/Gunslinger 0

He's clearly aiming for using the gun to deliver the spells without penalties.

I'm not looking for optimal. I'm just looking for something to be servicable at.

But all it does is just minimal buffing and weapon dice + ability mod of damage with an occasional +1-3 thrown in?

Magus 20/Gunslinger 0

Keep in mind a lot of the people here consider "optimal" and "serviceable" to be interchangeable terms.

>Captcha: Free CALLE
> Oh no what happened

Sanctified Slayer archetype goes a long way

She can't do it on her own anymore, user. She can't find her. Marie needs help.

If buffing is what the Inquisitor is supposed to do in combat, it kind of implies to me that buffing should work for the whole gang.

Is that thinking wrong? Should I be trying to just buff myself into servicability? Fair enough, I will adjust my perspective towards this.

This does help. Much appreciated.

>Oh no what happened
Perhaps this will answer your question.

youtube.com/watch?v=f2eAFQlF8yM

Inquisitors are very good at being a bit selfish, so they're good in parties that don't have much synergy because they don't rely much on others.
They're a nice way to get the benefits of having teamwork feats without the party actually having to plan their builds out together, so you can get nice juicy outflank bonuses and Escape Route maneuverability without suffering for it if the party doesn't want to invest in teamwork feats. They're never going to do Barbarian dps, but they'll pull their weight pretty well, and they have a decent spell list to fill in the gaps in their versatility

Dagnabit Plague, why do you have to be so good at everything you do

I'm not looking for Barbarian dps or Cleric full castering. I'm looking for the Inquisitor to do like half of either of them. Or a combination of both to where its on some kind of servicable level. I'm having trouble.

I'm starting to see some ways though.

You use Judgement and Bane, and then murderfuck everything that moves.

And then you cant do anything for the rest of the day.

Judgement is per encounter, and by the time you have bane you have two of them, Bane is 1 rd/level, broken up in whatever increments you choose.

Provided you use a tiny bit of intelligence when activating your buffs, you're not going to run out.

Well clearly it's because he's an amazing man.

And so incredibly attractive!

Mmmmmmyeah.

smhtbhfam

It can be somewhat dependent on other ability scores or general personality. I've done talkative, but crude. Kinda annoying to listen to, often gets told to be quiet. Has little social grace and is likely to say something dumb at the wrong moment. I've also done poor word choice, stunted vocabulary, and generally awkward. Some folks listen because he's actually quite wise, but he's shit at actually convincing folks of anything, or being liked by strangers.

>DHB is dispensing headpats RIGHT NOW

Don't make any wishes. You know that the monkey's paw is in effect.

Make your own campaign setting, or use the Forgotten Realms or something.

Need some advice, I just hit level 11 with my Blade bound/Kensai. I can now pick some critical feats that are at least bab+11 and has critical focus on the prereq. Besides Bleeding Critical, what are also some good picks at this level? 1pp only.

archivesofnethys.com/Feats.aspx?Category=Critical

I'm making a soundtrack for an exploration/adventure/high fantasy game. Any recommendations?

youtube.com/watch?v=BCxitwd7aCg

Changeling rogue.

What the shit would you play in a core only game with no traits?

Tengu Infiltrator Inquisitor with the Conversion Inquisition and a Linguistics trait and Wisdom in the Flesh
High Linguistics and Bluff for getting into high security spots, and high Intimidate and Stealth for low security spots

A better question: How do you roleplay a high Diplomacy character that uses Wisdom instead of Cha, but has 7 Cha?

they always try to say whatever makes the most sense, basing their arguments off of common sense, while also being as blunt and rude about it as possible. basically an "Asshole has a point" kinda shpiel.

Inquisitorfag here, you must be some kind of stupid if you don't know how to deal damage with the Inquisitor
>Strength build with Greatsword
>Power Attack and then whatever else suits your fancy for combat feats
>Use Judgements at the start of any important looking fights
>Use Monster Lore to figure out enemy's weaknesses and then use those weaknesses
>Use Bane on tough enemies that you know the exact type of after using Monster Lore
>Take whichever teamwork feat you can take, it's really up to you and what you want to do during combat, and you can always change it whenever as a standard

>Changeling
>Good at infiltration

This ain't Eberron, son.

Yeah, I'm starting to see it now. It seems to be about using you abilities kinda sparingly, then less so as you level and gain more daily usage.

>trying to make twf build
Jesus fucking christ, I forgot how horrific this shit is.

A Dragon Emperors setting would be cool. Makes me.wonder what kind of Dragons would be leading other countries and tribes.

nigga just get 15 dex, TWF and then stack strenght with regular 1handed instead of light weapons, fuck finesse

>Not being a vigilante

Look at this fag

Are prestige classes worth it? Which ones would you recommend?

Evangelist, because you can keep your goddamn class features.

I like Master Spy but I think that's sort of an unpopular opinion.

Yeah, and now my to hit bonus is fucking garbage.

>to hit
>ever a problem past level 5
>in pathfinder
oh shit nigger what are you doing

Some of us don't play with insane bonuses and PB, and not every character starts at level 5. Doesn't fucking matter if this character doesn't live to see that level.

Wizard

5th Edition D&D

How do you make it not be a problem?

Bard, because I wanna help them the inevitable martial character do thier job, as be the skill monkey

Or you could, you know, not try to be effective right from the get go and stick with simpler things until your build comes online?
Weapon proficiency, feats, MWK/enchanted weapons, traits, spells and spell-like effects, strategy and teamwork, use of consumables...i could go on

So how does a Two-Weapon Fighter Rogue get good to hit at level 5?

Rogues are in an almost uniquely bad spot for being a non-full BaB class with no virtual BaB. I suggest play a Lefendary Rogue or simply bite the bullet and have 20 Dex.

>have good attack stat
>get level-appropriate weapon(s)
>receive buff spell that a caster will inevitably throw at you and your fellow martials
>F L A N K, get
>???
>PROFIT

I you want to not be a garbage class and TWF, I suggest playing a Lethal Grace Avenger Vigilante.

I don't understand, why not just dump strength and go full weapon finesse and one of the various ways to get dex added to damage?

>Rogue
I should've added not being dumb to the list
More seriously, invest in the miriad of ways to get enemies flatfooted, or as i said
>Strategy
>und
>Teamwork

niggas a rogue, if he doesn't have dex-to-damage then he should question his group more than himself

> Depend on casters building themselves around making you not shit or play something else.

Then why bother talking about strength at all? Just go in on dex.

What's an easy, cheap way to see through smoke/fog?

See

Good luck carrying anything more than your two weapons.

>+2 Flanking
I mean, sure it helps but not a lot. Its not gonna make anything consistent.

I'm not playing a Rogue. I'm giving someone a challenge as they said you shouldnt be having trouble hitting stuff past level 5 in Pathfinder.

What should a 6th casters casting stat look like around the level 8-10 range?

A full casters?

Eh, you can carry enough. Buy a pack animal or ask the fighter to hold some shit for you.

6th?

Probably 16-20.

Full?

22-26.

Depends.

Is your stat high enough to where you can cast all your spells? If yes, then you're basically fine.

Are you planning on using spells or abilities that are improved by your caster stat? Better work on getting that stat nice and high.

>want to make homebrew
>lose motivation when you realize no one will probably get to play it.

fucking same senpai

Why not GM a game where said homebrew is allowed and "heavily" encouraged? Someone will get to use it, you'll get playtest data and feed back, and if it's really good they'll tell their friends.

Anyone know how a double-barreled pistol and the Bane Weapon ability are supposed to interact? Do I get Bane damage dice twice or nah?

What's your character's greatest secret, /pfg/?

She has a crush on her rival. she hides it by trying to be as abrasive, confrontational, and rude to him as possible.