Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Waiting for PDF Edition

>Previous
>Warhammer Community news(New releases for the Death Guard: Multipart Plague Marines and new characters)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/07/new-releases-for-the-death-guard-multipart-plague-marines-and-new-characters/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=7Jui-2YiU-c&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/fm/IuhhkZJQ
mega.nz/#!wvgBkJII!EqZKg-QCVsuMsz0z0hj3mBIvMQ3yO8v67hnnr1ffbfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't care for black people

Are hammerheads good?

so...I have a pdf.....it's not a great pdf, tonnes of formatting errors, pages might be out of order, and somehow I missed the cover. but it's a pdf. I'm uploading now.

When the Genestealer Cults get lose Doctrines, the Tyranid tears will sustain me for weeks, maybe even months. I shall descend upon this board like a wolf upon a lamb, and bask in the unending impotent rage that this board will pump out. I will gaze upon the suicide threads and rage posts, and drink deep of their whining. When they actually start livestreaming their own suicides and self-mutilation, I'll know true ecstasy.

I don't think my penis will ever be harder than it will be when a million Genestealer fags cry out in itty bitty penis fury simultaneously.
They'll try to convince themselves it is not long till their codex. They'll try to convince themselves that the GW had pulled a fast one on them.

"We will riot!" They will say. "Boycott FAQ" “We wuz Guard" they will cry.

Time will pass, and they will do nothing because they only talk. They are too cowardly and weak to do anything.

But best of all, none of their bitching will balm the pain of knowing that their factions, their dudes, will go down in history as an embarrassment, as an amusing footnote at best, as the shitty Genestealers who were never as good as guard. The entire playerbase KNOWS that Guard is overpowered and that the other factions need buffs. But all this only drives home just how little GW think of Genestealers. After all the bullshit, they couldn’t care less about your factions.

When the Genestealer players come to this realization, they shall know true, soul-crushing, all-encompassing despair. Exquisite shall be their pain. I will look into their eyes and watch their spirit break, and won't reach my climax a moment sooner.

I need to fap.

>wanna play eldar
>don't wanna do a mixed force with DE
>it'll be shit if I don't
Codex when?!

snibeti snab :DDDDDD
n
i
b
e
t
i

s
n
a
b

. .
U
U
U
U
U
U

>When the Genestealer Cults get lose Doctrines
>get lose Doctrines

You could also upload the epub, I'm sure some user is going to convert it

Same, darker the skin, more they sin.

E-pub was uploaded the thread before last.

epub was linked two threads ago

the epub is a couple threads back anyway

>Bullgryn bodyguard with Ollanius Death Mask.
>2++
Is this legit?

Preorders announced soon and maybe the next codex

mega.nz/fm/IuhhkZJQ

Various formatting errors etc. Deal with it.

Completely legit.

Bit on the expensive side for what they actually bring.

Goddammit!

Is there a reason this immediately takes me to the login page?

As of now, yes, the emprah looks kindly on the ogryn for their retard strength is pure.

Either way it's shit, no ++ vs mortal wounds which is what a bodyguard gets.
Better of putting it on the character so he doesn't have to transfer the wounds.

Any chance of a link to post?

probably because i don't know how to link things

I figured as much. Pricey tank but not enough punch

Why? Rerolling one hit and wound per unit is a great perk.

Yeah 8th really favors quantity over quality.

Here is is

>Inquisitors losing all their options
>generic Chapter Masters reduced to strategem with no stat changes
>Captains and Chaos lords mount/bike options getting phased out
>new models have little to no upgrade options
I really don't like the direction we're headed. It feels like gw is phasing out herohammer, conversions and "your dudes" in favor of pushing their snowflake characters and saving money on plastic

Maybe they'll give tanks focus in the codex. Dunno what hammers should be

Reposting this

Replaced terminator lord and terminator sorc with jump pack lord and DP

Any chance that someone has an epub file that wasn't from the thread a little bit ago? I tried converting it like 10 times and it wouldn't work so I'm thinking it's the epub file itself. I'll gladly try to convert one from a different source.

When does the "battle" actually start? Do I have my Tallyman on the field for regaining CP before I use the strategem for taking more relics?

Thanks!

>don't want the superior Eldar who also have better looking more up to date minis

Thin skinned

It's the format that GW uses.

My foolish hope is that this is mostly because they want to partition some of that stuff into its own army since they're spinning off stuff. I mean, I'm wrong, 'cause this is GW we're talking about, but I can dream.

Honestly just being cheaper would be a good start.

Codex IG does look crazy and made people mad. Hopefully it is the level the next codices are at in which case I'm not salty.
Sorry though, beta test codex people

Easy answer

I think we'll end up with everything being at much the same level as everything was at Index.

It's not like the hammerhead has any major design flaws, it's just that they way overvalued the guns, especially with how the wound table works now.

try this one
mega.nz/#!wvgBkJII!EqZKg-QCVsuMsz0z0hj3mBIvMQ3yO8v67hnnr1ffbfk

Eh, doubt

Thanks user.

That seems unlikely, say what you will about IG externally, but in terms of internal balance, they're in a much better spot than in the index, which suggests the balancing is at least beginning to correct itself.

I mean the biggest structural change we've seen outside of the doctrine/strategem adds has been the double tap on leman russ.

They'll probably give some extra buffs to lower tier armies

They're better if you bring more than one and keep them near Longstrike, but not really, no.

Which did the job of making the most iconic unit in the army not also one of the worst.

Chaos/Space Marines 8.5 early next year
AM and GK never

necron/tau/orks right?

Sure, but pretty much everything was internal balancing outside of the token conscript change. If your index is bad I don't much in the way of radical sweeping changes coming.

Poor toasters
Exactly one codex before the codices jump in quality and power boost

Nah I'm sure ork tau necrons and knights will get buffed

I mean, most of the indexes aren't wholly garbage, I'll admit I'm not familiar with every single one, but most of them seem to at least have a few units that are in the right spot, and better internal balance would help them externally because their big issue is that they have one or two good units/strategies and thus live or die on the efficacy of that unit against the enemy. Orks and Tau come to mind.

WTF is up with the Daily Duncan playlist.

They'll get buffed sure, but so will everyone. If you have a good index you'll be great and if you had a bad index you'll be good.

It's a *FUNNY* meme, you know it's *FUN* because a lot of people have done it.

I play crons, where the issue is mostly due to the transition to 8th not being very favorable, as a lot of the strengths in 7e aren't present anymore.

You're the bottom of the barrel faction

Yeah and I'm not super hopeful of that changing.

I have a question thread:
Is being gay heresy? Or emperor approved?

I mean on the one hand it furthers camaraderie.
On the other hand it means less reproduction for humanity.
On yet another hand, there is enough reproduction already, the military isn't limited by numbers, as we can see on hiveworlds.

Who's along them? GSC and Deathwatch?

As much as it would be horribly unfun for the enemy, I think making reanimation have scaling viability would be a start and hopefully that's the direction they go. I think right now a lot of Necron's chance is just hoping to lottery reanimation on tough multi-wound heavy hitters and making them less likely to reanimate while making Warriors a neverending tide of roboskeletons would be both fluffy and help the 'crons to win via attrition. Unfortunately they then end up really bad at playing kill points.

As long as you aren't gay for xenos you're fine.

Emperor approves.

Approved.
e.g. Sanguinius, Fulgrim.

Though consider the following:
Being gay is something the eldar would do.

It's the opposite actually. Reanimation benefits larger squads more and 8e is just too lethal to keep small elite units alive.

Implying the imperium isn't alright with copying the eldar as long as you don't admit it.

You have awful taste but ill help you;

Take Yvraine/Yncarne, enjoy your vastly better CE. You lose access to Avatar of Khaine unless you add an auxilliary.

Trying to fully understand the shooting rules in 8th(Just got back into it)

If a unit is closer to a shooter however it's hidden from view, can the shooter shoot at a character who is in the open(But not as close)

>dying race
>being gay

Not sure I like how this Tourney is shaping up.

Astra Militarum
Astra Militarum
Craftworld eldar
Imperial fists
Imperial fists
Sisters
Space wolves

Death Guard
Death Guard
Emperors children
Orks
Tyranids/Cult

Waaay too much power Armour (And heavy bolters)

Also consider the following:
We aren't a bunch of degenerate knife-ears who trap the souls of their friends in crystals.

Yes, the character has to be the closest visible unit.

I'm less salty about it being relatively low-power than I am about it clearly being completely half-assed. Best Forge World is just RG tactics again, they didn't even try to make any of the terrible units and weapons better or more fluffy aside from Dragoons, no Primus HQ, Guard get custom Orders and we don't get custom Canticles, etcetera, etcetera. If FoC releases before Forge World implodes into a vortex of incompetence I'm hoping that'll help some.

(Snip)...A CHARACTER can only be chosen as a target in the Shooting phase if they are the closest *visible* enemy unit to the model that is shooting...(Snip) (PG179)

Fair enough, my sample size must be small, I've only ever had a problem trouncing 'crons when failing to peel the last wound off of some mega mean unit and then watching the whole thing lottery reanimate with its pile of wounds intact ready to vaporize something.

Reanimate being so all or nothing is a big problem with it. If you can't kill a squad it's too strong, but if you can wipe squads it does nothing. They could bring back tomb spyders being able to let them res even if wiped like in 4e, but even that's a bandaid.

+++ Airwing +++
2× Razorwing Jetfighter (Dark Lance Splinter Cannon)
Voidraven Bomber (Dark Scythes Missiles)

+++ Spearhead +++
Haemonculus (Scissorhands Crucible)

3×5 Kabalite Warriors (Blaster)

Lhamean

3× Ravager (Dark Lance Shock Prow)
Tantalus

4× Venoms (Splinter Cannons)

How can i make this list more cunty?

For all the critiques about 7th edition version of RP I still think it did a very good job of working, even if it was not much flavourfoul

Are the craftworld eldar actually Ynarri Warpspider/Reaper spam?

Yeah its Imperial or Csm only right now, all my my friends have switched from their xenos armies to variations of marines and everyone seems to have "an old guard army they never really played".

Doubt it, it's the sole girl at the game, If i recall it's.. Aspects and Harlequins.

Basically canvases for paintjobs.

Sounds awful, GL user. What are you bringing?

I think all Necrons need to be at least viable are just point discounts. Our big problem is that everything is extremely expensive. There are others, like no viable anti-tank in what should be THE antitank faction, but with some discount we should at least be able to work.

The ones that are hurts the most by Ap -1 and have the most trouble punching though 3+ saves.

We also need some more weapon and wargear variety and tesla needs a rework with how many hit penalties there are. It annoys me that night scythes are garbage at AA due to airborne.

What makes necrons more anti tank than say, admech or deldar?

I think the're basing it on the legacy of gauss, when traditionally they didn't have ANY anti tank but that and melta-spyders.

I guess that's sorta what I meant and I just worded it poorly. I feel like the problem is that their viability is tied to a random survivability mechanic that can, when rolled above or below average can quickly butterfly-effect into the game becoming a real stomp one way or another. Perhaps making it more reliable in general, but without cryptek/spyder support you only get to res skeletons that died that turn/multi-wounders don't come back with their full complement? I'm spitballing, but I think shifting the army towards being synergy focused, with RP being buffed contingent on supporting it with stratagems/characters/monsters but nerfed otherwise alongside some shifts to points could do a lot to make them more powerful while curbing the possible issue of playing against powerful necrons becoming an unfun slog.

Stormlord in a Tempestus list? Yay or nay?

>everyone seems to have "an old guard army they never really played".
So did I.
Then I looted the vehicles and gave the guns and hats to the grots.

Gauss was, for most of their life, the iconic Necron mechanic on par with We'll be back, and it meant that even our basic troops could still reliably damage and destroy tanks.

I think it's more like some decades ago in some part of Europe.
Being gay was a thing (not necessarily accepted but not even condemned), but really you were expected to have a family anyway.

My grandpa was gay. Yet he had 5 daughters.

It's already pretty synergy focused for reliability, it should probably just go back to a once off effect instead of every turn and not be so easily bypassed.

was thinking about picking up Carrion Throne on Audible until I saw this scathing review.

>My grandpa was gay.
I see it runs in the family.

How does this look for a 1000 point Tallarn list? Also, is 4 tanks (plus a couple of cardboard-armoured walkers) obnoxious for that points level? Given the "reputation" guard have at the moment, fun for my opponent (while still being decent). So:

>Battalion detachment

Company commander (laspistol & chainsword) - 30
Lord commissar (bolt pistol & power sword) - 55

10 Infantrymen (1 plasmagun, sgt with boltgun & chainsword) - 48

1 Hellhound (inferno cannon, heavy bolter) - 101
1 Devil dog (melta cannon, multimelta) - 113

1 LRBT (BC, lascannon, 2 HB sponsons) - 180

>Outrider detachment

Tank commander (eradicator nova cannon, lascannon, 2 plasma cannon sponsons) - 242

1 Scout sentinel (multilaser) - 45

>1000 points exactly

Plan is to outflank the hellhound & devil dog with the Tallarn stratagem. Sentinels are mainly there to push the 9" no-deep-strike bubble out with their scout move, as have heard that's a useful thing to do in 8th. Tank commander will mainly be ordering itself, hence the plasma cannons - should say already own the 2 russ kits, so the demolisher turrets aren't an option.

Look Ma, no conscripts!

Can anyone share the full mp3 of eye of night?