Exalted General - /exg/

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp

>House Tepet Preview
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?785045-Exalted-Gendered-Language-in-the-Realm
drive.google.com/file/d/0B2mhbBAEFdI-cVdXVjRJZjk1ZVE/view
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1069023-ask-the-devs?p=1148089#post1148089
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How about we discuss Shogunate for a change? It's an unfortunate fact that there isn't really much official material about that era. Have you guys come up with some Shogunate-era fluff of your own? Has anyone ever run a game set in the Shogunate? The only remotely Shogunate-related thing I've used was a ghost of a Dragon-Blooded officer who died with his men during the Balorian Crusade, but continued commanding his unit and holding the position he'd been ordered to hold for centuries after that. That was a one-off character the players dealt with in the same scene he was introduced in, so there wasn't really much to him.

Does this look ok as a modification to 2e familiars? as written was shit.

Rating: What you get
1: most animals, up to about a horse size
2: Impressive animals like Simhata, hybrocs, etc
3: Really big or impressive animal, like a Tyrant Lizard or Yeddim.

Rating: Special Bonuses
+1 dot to Familiar 3 essence pool/bond thingy
+1 dot if the creatures is magical/ beneficially mutated in some way.

I want more shogonate content in general. writers seem to ignore it as "it's not important, you care about solars and they were just dragonbloods"
as it stands they could easily remove the entire shogunate period, shorten exalted's timescale, and jump straight into the realm.
Which is shit.

Screw the first age, I want Shogonate material.

>All fi rewands are breechloaders. The fi redust must be loaded down the front of the barrel

I don't think whitewolf knows how brechloaders work

There was a lot of talk last thread that just because the Realm is matrilineal does not mean it's matriarchal. That's true, but they have also stated they intend for the Realm to be explicitly matriarchal.

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?785045-Exalted-Gendered-Language-in-the-Realm

which is blatantly a change to the setting, as was said in the last thread.

>rpg.net
This was a bad post even for /exg/.

Shepard works or collaborates on EX3. He also posts similar shit on official forums. Just because rpg.net is a piss hole doesn't change the facts.

I remember at least one occasion when Sheppard stated something on the OPP forum only to have Holden, then still a developer, basically say "No, that's bullshit". Sheppard is part of the team, sure, but AFAIK he's an editor, not a writer, and he isn't right about everything.

New devs aren't correcting his shit. And devs also have similar line of thinking.

They're doing this shit, including the whole "Wait 20 years before you nut again" thing specifically to make Dragonblooded women more powerful.

It's really stupid, but there you go. If you think about it, Dragonblooded men are more important than DB women, because - if you really want to get the numbers up - fucking as many women as possible means that there are a lot more possible Exalts, even if they're weaker. Meanwhile, each DB woman is still limited by the basic laws of pregnancy. (And for the optimum result, you want both parents to be Dragonblooded, anyway.)

This is another dumb change, but there you go.

>They're doing this shit, including the whole "Wait 20 years before you nut again" thing specifically to make Dragonblooded women more powerful.
That is bullshit, though. The whole "progenitive Essence" or whatever fits the world of the Exalted just fine, and isn't really a problematic change. It's purpose is, of course, providing additional explanation for the relatively low number of the Dragon-Blooded.

Not really. The original idea that the blood of the Dragons was stretched extremely thing made far more sense.

Can't you all just ignore what you don't like?

No, that leads to a dark place. If you want to actually change what you don't like, you need to bitch about it as much as possible.

Yes, but that wouldn't be fun, so why would we? I mean, I assume most people take part in these discussions because they derive some kind of enjoyment from it.

I ignored shit and thing I don't like for years. I expected things would settle down. But faggots being faggots don't know when to stop and are never content. Now I see stupid stuff everywhere and more frequently. Only reason this stupidity is out there is because some delusional people are doing it for virtual social points and hope for non-existing blowjobs that will never happen.

How about you take your own advice and practice what you preach. Why is it so hard to ignore that they are no gay marriages in Realm, no sjw-agenda and self-insert in some form of entertainment? Just ignore it.

user, you do realize that you have no idea whether user practices what he preaches or not? I mean, it's just a guy tired of people arguing on the threads suggesting that there's an easier way to deal with things. You know literally nothing about his opinion beyond that.

Matrilineal doesn't necessitate matriarchal, but in a society where men and women are functionally identical in terms of skills and abilities matrilineal descent is likely going to cause that society to be slightly matriatchal.

but then hes obviously not ignoring it, so your question answers itself or we'd never know he existed

You also don't know anything about his opinion beyond that. Easiest way to try to shut someone up is to tell him to just ignore stuff he doesn't agree with. Also it is best way because it doesn't reveal your motivation and agenda. If I wanted to appear harmless and sensible I would also use that tactic. Problem is things I ignored it the past came to the point where they aren't a singular thing. They are now quantity of things and aren't easily ignored. I appear like a raving street hobo while he is civilized person with simple "can't we all get along" argument. Also if he doesn't like it here he can go to OPP forums and enjoy that circle jerk where people are more to his liking. People complain on /exg/ and OPP made sure to either silence or ban that kind people.

for every time they say "what is your problem? Why shouldn't there be an XYZ in the game?" you can also make an argument "why should XYZ be put into the game when it wasn't there in the first place?"

What's the best EX3 MA and why is it Single Point Shining in the Void ?

>As to why they didn't act? [regarding first age extremes] They did, and they did so with the aid and backing and urging of the Sidereals. As to why they didn't act sooner, I can't tell you. The Great Curse is like the old saying about the frog in the pot. Put a frog into boiling water, it'll try to jump out. Heat the water up slowly, it'll never notice it's being boiled alive. But the star-frogs did notice, and let the elemental-frogs know, and they killed the sun-frogs who kept cranking up the temperature for their own sick ends.

>as it stands they could easily remove the entire shogunate period, shorten exalted's timescale, and jump straight into the realm.
I tend to forget Shogunate was a thing myself. There's nothing about it other than "a time DB ruled before getting rekt by plague and fey".

>They're doing this shit, including the whole "Wait 20 years before you nut again" thing specifically to make Dragonblooded women more powerful.
But it effects both genders?

Black Claw has best fluff/crunch relationship though.

I honestly wish instead of a unified Realm we had a bunch of warring nation-states in it's place. That would've been way more interesting than just going "Heres the center of Creation. Heres all of this detail on it. Now just ignore it completely. Don't go here because everything is monolithically opposed to you hurr durr and it's on the verge of breaking itself down so you don't even have to do anything but watch it burn and piss on the ashes".

everybody who could have died of the contagen pretty much did right? so the remaining population is immune?

Yes. It killed off everyone not immune to it, it's actually still everywhere. Thats why I always roll my eyes every time some genius who didn't read the fluff tries to bring up "CONTAGION AGAIN!" as a possible plot point. It ranks up there with "Yozi get free" for a "Didn't read shit about Exalted, doesn't know shit, please, stop trying to bring this up we've all been over it a thousand times, it literally cannot happen again ever" sort of thing.

so the locus crusade is gonna go about as well for the autobots as first contact with smallpox did for mezoamerica?

The Realm's not monolithic, though, and while it is almost inevitably heading towards a civil war, one possible outcome of that civil war is the Realm being re-united under one leader.

Holy shit eln old realm lessons outside of Scribd????
drive.google.com/file/d/0B2mhbBAEFdI-cVdXVjRJZjk1ZVE/view

>I honestly wish instead of a unified Realm we had a bunch of warring nation-states in it's place.
Like Hundred Kingdoms?

Makes it fun to ponder how fucked Autobot population will be upon reconnection.

Locust Crusade = War of the Worlds

Technically it should be, but then again, technically shouldn't the Autobots also be bringing their own terrible, terrible diseases to Creation that might ravage the land too?

Less like the Hundred Kingdoms, more like Three Kingdoms period of China where you have a few, relatively stable leaders trying to be the ruler of it all and willing to make lots of alliances and other shit.

Worst part is we ALMOST had such a situation with the Tiger Generals things, but then herp de derp the Empress asploded them all. Worst NPC with Mary-Sue tier plot armor in the setting kills anything interesting long ago in the past, awesome.

>technically shouldn't the Autobots also be bringing their own terrible, terrible diseases to Creation that might ravage the land too?

all native americans brought to the table was syphilis

IIRC that wasn't cannon official, it was one /possible/ outcome of contact with autochthonia mentioned in the 1e splatbook "if your storyteller decides to play it this way"

>The whole "progenitive Essence" or whatever fits the world of the Exalted just fine, and isn't really a problematic change.
Yes it is, how the fuck did the Dragonblooded manage to be the majority of the exalted host with this new stupid limit on their reproduction?

ssssshhhh... user. Don't ask silly questions when they don't have valid answers for you.

D-don't you dare apply sense to our new fluff you CIS shitlord!

By having kids every twenty years or so, and by having a significant portion of these children Exalt, and also by being more numerous to begin with. This is not complicated, user.

>By having kids every twenty years or so
The primordial war must have remarkably non-lethal if raising new troops on a twenty+ year cycle was a viable option

>By having kids every twenty years or so

DB's don't do that. They're usually around 50-100 at the very least before they even consider spitting one kid out.

>and by having a significant portion of these children Exalt

Definitely doesn't happen. The odds of it are pretty shit. The blood is weak.

>and also by being more numerous to begin with

And definitely isn't the case at all, given they specifically had to try and rebuild their numbers after two extinction-level events back to back.

>thing specifically to make Dragonblooded women more powerful.
No.
A) It applies to girl's to. I can go find the quote right now if you want me to
B) It's far more likely they're doing it to stop the whole 'what's to stop my character from making a DB rape camp and making up an army of DB's in like a decade' thing, or the 'why doesn't the realm have six digits of DB's right now seeing as how its perfectly possible for them to do so without this sort of waiting period'

>DB's don't do that. They're usually around 50-100 at the very least before they even consider spitting one kid out.
And after that they have a child every 12-20 years, which Vance stated was the time it takes for the whole progenerative Essence thing to recharge or whatever the right word is. This isn't actually a huge change to the previous editions, where one child every 12 years or so was the averagefor Dragon-Blooded Dynasts.

>Definitely doesn't happen. The odds of it are pretty shit. The blood is weak.
It definitely does happen among the Dynasty. Not everybody Exalts, and it's probably more common to remain mortal than to Exalt. A significant portion of the Dynasty still Exalts.

>And definitely isn't the case at all, given they specifically had to try and rebuild their numbers after two extinction-level events back to back.
When the Exalted were first created, Dragon-Blooded were more numerous than Solars, Lunars or Sidereals. In the First Age and the Shogunate, Dragon-Blooded were more numerous than in the Age of Sorrows. The Great Contagion and the Balorian Crusade killed off most of the Dragon-Blooded, sure, but they never ceased being the most numerous type of Exalted.

>Definitely doesn't happen. The odds of it are pretty shit. The blood is weak.
user was asking what made DB's the most populus in general. It's still likely the case that for the larger portion of the first age, breeding was such that every single DB child exalted.

Of COURSE it's problematic!!!!! The Realm has a cultural bias in favor of women, among its many, many other societal flaws, which OBVIOUSLY could only be part of an Evil Political Agenda that thinks exactly the same way and wants to ATTACK MEN by literally raping their favorite games!!!! How could that NOT be problematic!?!?!?!?!?!?

And yet the Neomah exploit that literally breaks the setting in any way imaginable is still not fixed.

I thought they had an agenda for non-existent genders courageously fighting againt the non-existent gender roles of the Realm?

I'm seriously confused. They are pushing far too many agendas far too quickly. Now they have a feminist agenda too, and a non-binary sexual agenda, and a non-conformist bisexual agenda. Will they ever stop to focus on the game?

Vance stated that creating a child with the help of a neomah still counts as conception, though. That exploit doesn't work.

They are. They're focusing on a game that's about the complex consequences of power of society, of society on individuals, and so on. It's easy to read a hundred and one agendas into any setting that tries to have depth and show consequences.

>setting that tries to have depth and show consequences.
>non-existent genders courageously fighting againt the non-existent gender roles of the Realm

He.

people only make statements like this when they have no actual points. some people make statements like this a lot

>They're focusing on a game that's about the complex consequences of power of society, of society on individuals, and so on.
Shame it's written by powerless, friendless losers then. That game might have been interesting.

this one is needed to make the other one make sense. it's still all the same agenda

Can you elaborate? I can't make sense of your reply and what you are saying.

you can't be a non-existent gender courageously fighting againt the oppressive gender roles of the Realm unless the Relm somehow obtains gender rolls.

expect the pseudophallus of the matriacrhy to grow more turgid, pulsing in time along with the increasing rigidness of it's gender rolls.

soon the realm will make wheel of time's women look sane and balanced as dragonbloods are replaced with aes sedai

otherwise snowflake house's rejection of gender doesn't make sense

>rip chunk off bicep
>balls suddenly stop working

shes gonna turn into a tentacle monster?

t. no actual points

So when are we getting this martial art?

This. But with less exclamation marks and being serious.

>Wait 20 years before you nut again
>and isn't really a problematic change.
It's an extremely problematic.
It turns dragonblooded into a rare resource instead of the footsoldiers in the war against the Primordials.
The point is that there are a lot of them and that they can be replaced but now replacing them is pretty damn hard.

For example if it takes 20 years to be able to make 1 dragonblooded. Say you have a group of 10 male and 10 female dragonblooded and 9 men and one woman get killed in combat it would take a minimum of 80 years (all children are sons and they all mate with one of the remaining women at age 16) to a maximum of 200 years to get back to normal. This is an insanely long time especially in war.

Dragonblooded are now a super rare resource that need to be kept safe and solar/lunar exalts are now the disposable warriors.

Mind you, women are still the more valuable resource because they give birth so most front line dragonblooded soldiers should still be men.

And speaking of gender roles in general the vast majority of people are not exalted so traditional roles should still exist and be the norm. Unless dragonblooded are extremely stupid they aren't going to set a bad example to the general populace (because peasants tend to copy everything nobles do).

Also don't forget high mortality rate where many DB don't even get to live over 100 years because of hazardous life style. DB being only line of defense against everything normal humans can't handle.

Please, bring this shit up on their shitty forums so these retards can see that this fucks the DB levels beyond repair.

No kind of Exalt should be a disposable resource, at least not one to be used lightly. Dragon-Blooded should be officers and elite troops rather than footsoldiers. In other words, most of the things you point out aren't actually problems. I'll also remind you that Dragon-Blooded of the Realm didn't have children all that often in previous editions either. In terms of the Age of Sorrows, this change doesn't actually change much.

I already do, our Exalted is so homebrewed at this point there's barely any of the original system left.

Can I play as speed-based god of fertility who runs around preaching himself, while avoiding every fight?

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1069023-ask-the-devs?p=1148089#post1148089
Some developer clarification about the way marriage works in 3E. I guess all that much hasn't changed after all? It's hard to say for sure before seeing the finished Dragon-Blooded book, but the way Minton describes things here seems pretty reasonable.

>how about we discuss the part of the setting where there were no solars and solar accessories
but why

>Please, bring this shit up on their shitty forums
I don't have an account for their shitty forums but feel free to post it on my behalf because I'm also curious to what they have to say about this retardation.

>Dragon-Blooded should be officers and elite troops rather than footsoldiers.
Dragonblooded were made to be the foot-soldiers in the war against the Primordials. No mortal is going to be able to fight against a Primordial or even their lesser minions.

>should be officers and elite troops
That's fine now but not in a war against the very creators of everything.
It's not because their roles have changed that this isn't what they were supposed to be and they should be able to function as such even if they choose not to.

>Dragon-Blooded of the Realm didn't have children all that often in previous editions
And that's fine. The Realm was at relative peace so they could afford to not have as many kids but making them incapable of doing so when they need to repopulate after a catastrophic war or even natural disaster is retarded and goes against their primary function.

But even if you take all of this away, with this rule it makes repopulating almost impossible, deaths should outnumber births significantly even when taking into account the long lives dragonblooded can live.

But user don't you see that we could handwave it that the dragonblooded are so numerous because they used to be even more numerous?

>Dragonblooded were made to be the foot-soldiers in the war against the Primordials.
No, no they weren't. They were the leaders of mortal armies and always have been, except for like one or two out of place comments in 2e that crept in through the general shit editing of the entire edition
>No mortal is going to be able to fight against a Primordial or even their lesser minions.
The primordial war wasn't a constant squaring off between exalted and the primordials themselves. It was armies of first circle demons (or whatever you want to call the strange servitor races created before they became yoiz) and the various other now extinct races who were loyal to them. And no, mortals have a chance against supernatural things now. They didn't in 2e but thats because 2e was shit, and anything with a mote pool basically auto won against anything without. The current edition is doing away with that and armies buffed up by DB generals fighting against other armies of minor supernatural shit is perfectly acceptable and far less stupid

This is all leaving aside the fact that during the early days gaia still likely made new replacement DB's whole cloth herself rather then making them breed replacements.

>No mortal is going to be able to fight against a Primordial or even their lesser minions.
No mortal is going to be able, or expected, to fight against the Primordials, sure. How well Tiger-Warrior trained mortals led by Dragon-Blooded officers fare against 1CDs or flesh-and-blood races siding with Primordials rather depends on how powerful Dragon-Blooded War Charms are, though.

>And speaking of gender roles in general the vast majority of people are not exalted so traditional roles should still exist and be the norm.
That part is much easier to explain.
For one, in case it wasn't clear by the fact that men and woman get access to the same stats at equal levels, the normal biological differences between men and woman that exist in real life don't exist in creation. This is mostly there because that sort of thing isn't fun if you want to play some invincible sword princess but when you apply it to the rest of the world it has some hefty consequences. That and the most influential historical figure in the past however many thousand years happened to be a female. That and the sorts of things that influence many views today, such as the various monotheistic religions, don't exist in creation either.

Holy shit they are all retarded. They don't know how alliances & political marriages work.

First you need to remember that DB Realm doesn't have same moral values like we do. To make a point kids don't behave like kids. You could imagine they were trained by drill-sergeant. It isn't far from how they are educated by people who surrounded. Very early childish things are removed from their mentality. Also parents don't behave like loving parents. They come from time to time to see how their House's soldier #012941 is processing along and say what errors should be removed from its behavior.

Now keep in mind that in human history every political alliance and marriage was basically exchange of VALUABLE hostages. Family and being blood related meant something. Only reason why you are loyal to your new family is that they pretty much sever your ties with your blood relatives. They are making damn sure that you don't use your position to improve the situation of your blood relatives and actually only work for the good of your new family.

And now they are saying "You know what. You are married and all. But you are still technically part of your parent's house and are not part of ours". This doesn't work. It has opposite effect of what they want. This will make sure people are only looking at their birth House because they are alienated from their spouse's House.

Because, you know, when you lay siege to Heaven itself you will bring human armies.

>And now they are saying "You know what. You are married and all. But you are still technically part of your parent's house and are not part of ours". This doesn't work. It has opposite effect of what they want. This will make sure people are only looking at their birth House because they are alienated from their spouse's House.

Husbands have kept their Hiuse names and loyalty to both Houses has been in since 1e. Try again faggot.

That's the old realm. You know, the time when there were over one million DB's around and the solars were driven three quarters made with hubris. That and we even know from DotFA that the exalted still used mortals, there were whole stateblocks for the different sorts of troops that made up their army.

so does that mean close siblings almost don't exist anymore?

>It turns dragonblooded into a rare resource instead of the footsoldiers in the war against the Primordials.

Good, let's agree to never use the Primordial war to explain any aspect of Exalted again.

Considering 3e core that's what the devs think too.

>same stats at equal levels
Irrelevant, women still give birth. Women are still the protected group and need to be kept away from harm or else the population goes extinct.

>play some invincible sword princess
Exceptions can exist and because of the egalitarian nature of the Realm no one would bat an eye seeing a female exalted fighting but that doesn't change the norm.

>That and the most influential historical figure in the past however many thousand years happened to be a female.
The Empress would not be dumb enough to get her breeding populace killed. So none of that dangerous work or soldiering for the vast majority of female mortals.

>That and the sorts of things that influence many views today
That would be biology Mr. fedora.
Gender roles exist because of the different function of the sexes.Men are expendable so they do the dangerous work, women are not so they do safe work.

>Let's not use the thing exalted were made to do to explain exalted.

>Women are still the protected group and need to be kept away from harm or else the population goes extinct.
In the realm? The place with the armies of elemental demi gods and the orbital super canon? Unless you mean the DB's in specific in which case none of them get 'protected'. Their the realms greatest asset, you NEED them running around, either hunting down the 400+ monstrous demons fighting against the realm, making sure starapsies stay in line, keeping tabs on other threats to the realm, or taking care of the other hundred and one things that oppose the realm.
>That would be biology Mr. fedora.
Biology that explicitly doesn't exist in creation. Hormones don't work the same, there isn't the massive gap in physical potential between the two sexes that there is here on earth. No this isn't something where its true most of the time and the PC's are said to be exceptions, this is true everywhere. And if you don't think that any of the ways the sexes are treated differently comes from the most influential world views in all of history that have held complete dominance for the past two millennia then I've got nothing to say.
Also you're seriously overestimating how much of the difference comes from the fact that woman give birth rather than the difference in physical might.

>Irrelevant, women still give birth. Women are still the protected group and need to be kept away from harm or else the population goes extinct.

Well let's look at this! Why are women the protected class? Giving birth you say? That's pretty important, they're half of the whole creating life thing so that's pretty good. Men are the other half so why are women more valuable?

Perhaps because a single woman has to invest much more time and energy into having a child than a man does. A man just swoops in and blows his load while a woman has to carry the child to term, vulnerable all the while.

But wait, DB women aren't vulnerable! They don't even start to show that they're pregnant until like the 10th or 11th month and it doesn't impact them at all basically until literally the moment of birth.

Ah, but we've got the whole more time investment going on. The number of a women in a population is the gate to population growth. A single man could theoretically impregnate 100 women. However! With this new and exciting change to the way Dragonblood conception works, now both men AND women have to wait 12 to 20 years to have the best chance of Exalting. Which means, women are no longer the bottleneck of reproduction, both men and women are almost equally important. A single male DB would have to wait 12 years between each woman, and then the woman would be at her peak just a year later, which means the ideal sex ratio would be 1:1.

Every Dragonblood lost, male or female, will impact the population growth rate by almost the exact same amount. Which means women are no longer the protected class at all.

>And now they are saying "You know what. You are married and all. But you are still technically part of your parent's house and are not part of ours". This doesn't work. It has opposite effect of what they want. This will make sure people are only looking at their birth House because they are alienated from their spouse's House.
This is how Dynastic marriages have worked since 1E. This is not a fluff change.

They were never a comon thing. As the 1E DB book says: "Children born to the same Dragon-Blooded mother are rarely children at the same time, and so, they don't tend to have particularly close bonds".

>So none of that dangerous work or soldiering for the vast majority of female mortals.
Such a small part of the Realm's population serves in the legions that whether female soldiers exist or not doesn't really have much of an impact on the "breeding populace".

>That would be biology Mr. fedora.
>Gender roles exist because of the different function of the sexes.Men are expendable so they do the dangerous work, women are not so they do safe work.
Few people actually deny the fact that biology influences gender roles. It's not the only thing influencing gender roles, though. It is obvious that history, religion and a ton of other things affect culture as well.

Practically everything you guys have been complaining about on either side of the discussion would be nullified if OPP wasn't managed by idiots. There are massive inconsistencies in the setting and mechanics resulting from not having a single team of writers and developers work on every book together. If you're freelance and sign contracts on a book-here-book-there basis it allows you to abandon ship if the property appears to be going tits up. But if you're obligated to work on the whole fucking line for like a decade then everything has to be stellar because that's your livelihood on the line. The only people who'd agree to that are people who know they're damn good at what they do and won't sweat the risk because there's no risk, they're competent. But then you'd have to pay those people more, because they're solid, and they wouldn't even consider the offer unless your company was known for having respect for division of labor and not jerking your employees around.

Vote not just with your wallets, but your minds. Turn your attention to other RPG publishers and have fun with them instead.

Yes, and that's a good thing.

I'm saying you have things backwards. 2e started from a first principles approach: Okay we have these Yaweh-like Cosmic entities, what tools do the Exalted need to fight them? It created weird lore where everything was explained through the lens of the Primordials or the Primordial War. There were a lot of fans earnestly discussing why Solars had linguistics charms at all (these aren't any good for fighting gods!), that's how bad it got. It refocused the game, Exalted, into being about a piece of backstory that was originally just there to establish the scope of the heroes you were playing.

Instead, what you should do is start from the premise of: There are these wuxia heroes called the Exalted, each kind of Exalt is chosen by a mighty power and incorporates the essence of their patron, and its a fallen age ripe for adventure. Oh, and they originally overthrew the masters of the universe, thats how badass they are. Change the primordials and the primordial war to suit *them*, not the other way around.

What would the Primordial War look like in 3e? Well, you already get hints of it in the lore of Stormcaller, and its not the exalted dying in swarms.

How do I learn exalted.

What homebrew are you using?

By reading the book for the first step.

Anything in particular you want to ask about?

I'm still pissed about the new Exalt types, got tired of bitching about it though. Everyone likes to bitch, it's a universal truth.
It's just as constant as those who enjoy poking bitchers with a sick. Just don't let it become vitriol and we're good.

>Good, let's agree to never use the Primordial war to explain any aspect of Exalted again.

Ffffffffffffucking whyyyyyyyy? Why would you think it's a good idea to ignore the event that created the Great Curse and made the protagonists what they are? Why, in a game intended to tell stories about demigods a la Greco/Roman myth, would you think it's a could idea to ignore a Titanomachy? You don't put an event like the fucking primordial war into the history of the setting and then try to act like it shouldn't influence what the setting is like! That's like ignoring the Armenian Genocide, Turkey's government gets a lot of shit for that. You're remarkably stupid.

He wasn't saying it shouldn't influence the setting, he was saying he it shouldn't influence the mechanics of the Exalted themselves. As said, you shouldn't be designing the competencies around winning the Primordial War but rather what would be cool.

I used to have the Autobots take the slow path, sending out well equipped scouts in the form of Ess 4-5 Alchemicals who all have heavy disguise charms.

>There are massive inconsistencies in the setting and mechanics resulting from not having a single team of writers and developers work on every book together.

Every rpg is developed like this senpai, Palladium is literally the only major publisher whose lead designer playtests everything and everything is done in house. You realize the D&D department of Wizards only had eight employees and all of their adventure modules are written by freelance and contracted developers right?

>But even if you take all of this away, with this rule it makes repopulating almost impossible, deaths should outnumber births significantly even when taking into account the long lives dragonblooded can live.

I wonder if limiting DB breeding is also a Sidereal control plan.

>Biology that explicitly doesn't exist in creation.
Women don't give birth?

>any of the ways the sexes are treated differently comes from the most influential world views in all of history that have held complete dominance for the past two millennia then I've got nothing to say.
So Christianity/Islam/Judaism ruled over every civilization all over the world even before they existed because men doing dangerous work and women doing safe work is pretty much the way humans have worked since the stone age.

>Also you're seriously overestimating how much of the difference comes from the fact that woman give birth rather than the difference in physical might.
No, it's pretty much the main reason why.
Women can hunt just like men especially if you take the use of tools like bows into account and yet hunting has been the man's job in pretty much every culture all over the over the planet.

>Everyone is an exalted
No. Most people are normal humans.
Dragonblooded should not be dumb enough to set an example that makes it's peasant populace go full retard and send it's women off to die.

That and as I've said before this 12-20 year rule is dumb as fuck as it means that dragonblooded can not bounce back from from heavy losses from war or natural disasters. It would take a dragonborn couple 36 to 60 years just to get above replacement level and that's only if all 3 kids exalt.

Welp, I'm a little embarrassed now. I'm sorry for vomiting at him.

>premise : There are these wuxia heroes called the Exalted

You got he hooked

>Change the primordials and the primordial war to suit *them*, not the other way around.

and you lost me