tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-08-17-mogis-control/
deckstats.net/decks/91953/807258-coalition-victory-modern?saved=1&lng=en
mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-96-31-tix-ug-emerge-modern
modernnexus.com/welcome-modern-introduction/
modernnexus.com/?s=beginner's guide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>the thread actually died

>When will they unban eye of Ugin?
When they ban a whole bunch of Eldrazi, which they won't do, so never.
>Playing?
Affinity
>Hating?
Nothing
>Thoughts on the meta?
Gud.

It hit bump limit senpai

>unbanning eye of ugin
Hopefully fucking never
>naya burn
>nothing because I ain't no bitch
>meta is pretty fine imo
>I run 2 deflecting palm mb since my local meta is a lot of gds and e-tron

>When will they unban eye of Ugin?
You misspelled “Ban Eldrazi Temple and all Eldrazi”
>Playing?
Mono W Death&Taxes
>Hating?
Anything with Eldrazi
>Thoughts on the meta?
Is pretty great right now
>Meme
Running 4x GQ 4xTE and 2xFoR so I can lick up the salty tears of Tron AND Blood Moon shitters

is this just a joke or is it quoting some card?

How shit are elves on current modern?
They sound fun and cheap

They got a lot better with the Devoted Druid + Vizier infinite mana combo, though even just a couple Devoted Druids and Ezuri can go infinite.

FoR?

Is there a good creature in red or black that destroys an artifact on ETB? Or can be sacced to destroy one or something?

>Meme tech
I'm running RIP main board, so I decided to toss in some Eternal Scourge for value.

Ingot Chewer.

>Playing?
Affinity, going for Elves soon
>Hating?
Control cancer
>Thoughts on the meta?
It's okay
>Meme tech?
no

That could work

I've been struggling with stalling out the game (blood moon and Lili) and then not being able to close. Goblin Dark Dwellers was a huge help, but it's not quite enough.

Any other spicy tech like this?

I don't really know what your deck does, but if you're using Lili to keep your opponent's hand empty you could use 8-rack tech.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-08-17-mogis-control/

The above list has been tweaked slightly, but it's pretty much the same. Bonfires are now Damnations though

rate my stupid jank
deckstats.net/decks/91953/807258-coalition-victory-modern?saved=1&lng=en

It kinda seems like it's all over the place desu. You should pick a direction for the deck and focus in on it.

What cards would you unban, Veeky Forums?

What cards would you ban?

I would unban:
BBE
Birthing Pod
DRS
Dig Through Time
Eye of Ugin
Green Sun's Zenith
JTMS
Mental Misstep
Preordain (NOT ponder though)
Skullclamp
SFM
Treasure Cruise
Artifact Lands

I would ban:
Back to Nature
Blood Moon
Inkmoth Nexus
Monastery Swiftspear

Artifact Lands

I should add that I play affinity.

i'd ban tripfags

no way.
>Playing?
E-Tron and Brews because i just play FNM
>Hating?
Burn, because it's so one dimensional on how to approach fighting it
>Thoughts on the meta?
Pretty fun. I think the creature power creep has been too much as of late. Need better spells to answer big dudes.
>Meme tech?
Playing G to get access to Ancient Stirrings and Magus of the Candelabra for my E tron deck. Turn 3 World Breakers are scarier than Turn 3 Reality Smashers

Do not respond to tripfags.

>Burn, because it's so one dimensional on how to approach fighting it
I dunno, you can attack Burn from a few angles. E-Tron tends to use Chalice to do it, which isn't how most other decks go about it.

>Playing?
Esper Spirits
>Hating
Knightfall because I don't know how to beat it.
>Thoughts on the meta?
I haven't seen the new Planeswalker rule in action, but has it made things worse, better, or no particular effect?
>Meme tech?
I was thinking about making an Eternal Scourge/Misthollow Griffith deck using hate cards such as Lost Legacy and RIP on myself.

>I haven't seen the new Planeswalker rule in action, but has it made things worse, better, or no particular effect?
It shouldn't really do much of anything. The only time I've ever seen it be an issue before was with the two Lilis.

That's what I'm saying, I just throw down Chalice and hope he doesn't have a Smash to Smithereens.

Just getting into modern. Haven't playtested this one yet. How'd I do for a $25 poorfag deck?

get invisible stalkers

Man I...

>human bogles
ayy

Heroic decks can work if you get a bunch of cantrips from red.

I've been trying to get this to work, but there's no home.

Emerge unscathed

mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-96-31-tix-ug-emerge-modern

I would ban
>all planeswalkers
>tarmagoyf
>all delve creatures
>monastery swiftspear
>all eldrazi

go play standard then

Des is that you?

>not unbanning cloudpost
It's like you want Tron to live or something

A little slow. Aura decks need card draw. I recommend dropping the auras and just going for a Heroic deck or go for good, old fashioned bogles.

It would be better if it wasn't just copypasta.

Every fucking thread.

Field of Ruin from Ixalan

Do not reply to Tripfags

Old modern player here, how good are the Land Destruction Ponza decks right now? With Grixis Shadow and Eldrazi Tron looking like the decks to beat, it seems like a good choice, but I could also be very wrong

>good are the Land Destruction Ponza decks right now
Not very. Ponza doesn't work as well against e-tron as you might think it would.

>Playing?
Mono Black Mid-range
>Hating?
Nothing right now.
Thoughts on the meta?
Fine as is for now
Meme tech?
Lashwrithe, and Lost legacy

Has anyone good resources to start playing modern? Tips? I'm playing kitchen table and sealed since 2 years and I would like to start playing modern. Also, how do mono-white knights perform in the format? I don't mind losing a lot but will I be able to win some games and have fun? I have access to many nice cards and won't bother spending some shekels.

Sad, follow-up, how is DnT right now?

The only viable mono-white deck is Death and Taxes.

modernnexus.com/welcome-modern-introduction/
modernnexus.com/?s=beginner's guide

Decent I think.

Is the mono white build better, or the w/b/c build that splashes eldrazi?

I'm no expert, but when I tested Eldrazi & Taxes it just made me want to play full on Eldrazi. If I were going to play D&T I'd stick to mono-white.

Will opt and sanctuary finally make infect great again?

Probably not. No probe, no go.

>infect
No. Opt and Sanctuary do not fill the role that probe filled. Scry and draw effects aren't going to help a low-creature density deck like Infect against removal.

If Peek can't help it, than neither can Opt. 0 mana "check if the coast is clear" and "draw a card" is quintessential for Infect's competitiveness.

>Not playing Bugz n Thugz

WOTC apologizes for anyone who got offended by this deck name.

That's racist!

>Thugs means black people
The anti-racism crowd are their own worst enemy, but they'll never realise it.

Also the deck is a reference to this.
And as far as I know, thugs nowadays are typically attributed to young hooligans, whether they are black, white, and maybe even latino. It's only "problematic" now because Fox News, whether by coincidence or intent, are using to describe delinquent jerks that happen to be black.

But to get back on-topic, tell me why I should play Bugs n' Thugs.

Play it because it sounds fun. It's just midrange BG infect. Gets to run Thoughtseize as a result, but it's just not as good.

It's really simple user-chan, _____________________fun_________________

Eldrazi version actually counteracts what D&T wants to do. It just tries to play big creatures to get over the hump.

In D&T you're trying to disrupt things, but when you toss the Eldrazi in there, you want to go over things.

It's really pointless to be honest, you don't need to make your mana base even more fragile just to play big eldrazi. Displacer is very useful and can see some play, but I wouldn't bother with the entire Eldrazi package

In what scenario would you play his guy over Finks?

only one: I'm into jank so much that I try to build dinosaurs in modern

none

Why do Eldrazi get to be better in every way than Artifact Creatures with no downsides at all?

in standard

Cool! Thanks!

needing colorless mana is usually a downside, unless you're running tron

artifacts can be run literally everywhere

because they arent artifacts

Lodestone Golem and Metalworker would like to have a word with you

>In your end step I'll Whir of Invention for 2, go get Painter's Servant name red
>Untap, upkeep, draw, float a butt ton of mana, All is Dust

When I play Affinity and get paired up against E-Tron, I don't feel like Eldrazi are better in every way.

Magical Christmas land is a fun place.

I still remain steadfast in my opinion that Affinity should run Painter in the board for Eldrazi matchups.

You stay steadfast all you like. I'm not going to put it in.

>Destroys Eldrazi Temples
>Ancient Stirrings now can't take any cards
>Eldrazi Displacer can't bounce Etched Champion anymore
What's not to like?

It takes up a sideboard slot for matchups I'm already favored in and is a 2 drop. I'd rather drop my Masters and just beat them to death.

>Not dropping dank meme bombs on people
I bet you wouldn't even board in Boil against Scapeshift when you're on Ponza because "muh favoured matchup".

I thought you were memeing me but of course, prismatic omen

I was though. Scapeshift shits the bed against Blood Moon, Omen or not. Boil is needless overkill even against blue variants.

All is Dust is pretty much useless against Affinity. There is also the fact that Affinity is just more aggressive.
I played against E-Tron with UW Spirits and won 2-0. Is that relatively normal or was I just lucky? I do run Ceremonious Rejection and Blessed Alliance as a two-of-each in the sideboard, but in both games while I did have to deal with Tron being on, he failed to draw, or at least chose not to play, Cavern of Souls.

Same boat, my man.

Is there a fun modern reanimator deck?

Obzedat's Vengeance. Obzedat and Flipwalkers are able to circumvent the "exile at end of turn" by exiling themselves temporarily. Also doesn't fold to gravehate.

Grishoalbrand, Vengevine, Dredge, Living End.

>Also doesn't fold to gravehate
Aside from the fact that it does.

There's a bunch of them but they're all pretty glass cannon and can get boring quickly after playing them for awhile.
Grishoalbrand, Vengevine, Dredge, Living End are all the main ones.

am i the only one who sees a v-shaped smily face and giant eye in this art?

Is the the only goblin deck that mediocre 8whack meme deck?

8whack runs pretty much all the non shit Goblins? By calling it mediocre you're just calling Goblins mediocre (which they are).

When I can't draw into scavenging ooze

>Sun Titan
>Lunar Force
>Rule of Law
Why play anything else?

>pretty much all the non shit Goblins
Heh.. not all of them..