Mutants & Masterminds General

Hot Superheroines Edition

First one hit Bump Limit, 2nd one fell to the Abyss, let's hope this one hits bump limit

>What's your setting like?

>What's your favorite Age of Comics to play around in?

>Who's the toughest villain that your GM has thrown at you or you, as GM, have thrown at your players?

>Is Attractive ever useful?

>What Shows/Comics/Games have you shamelessly ripped off for a campaign?

>How hot should female superheroes be?

Other urls found in this thread:

d20herosrd.com/
wolflair.com/index.php?context=hero_lab&page=mutants_=_masterminds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rate my build?

This is the 5th or 6th time i've revised it. I THINK i have done a halfway decent job.

what do y'all think?

Well, one thing's for sure, your defenses aren't garbage anymore. It is kind of hard to tell what's an alternate effect or not in this sheet though...

nothing is an alternate effect, nothing is linked, However Tundra's Shroud is an Alternate form with Armor of Frost, Iceberg Gauntlet, Insulation, and Speed Skating.

Better version of the sheet

How long does it take in hours to understand this setting?

My setting was both realistic and a bit ridiculous. The city the players was in was a nastier version of New Jersey, where smog clouds choked the sky and everyone's backyard had a wind turbine/powerline in it, all to feed the big hungry monster that was their nextdoor neighbour, Metropolis. The main group of heroes were the Ultimates. They were the federal superhero group, who were created to end the chaos and carnage of the "Wild West" years of superheroing, when every state had their own supergroup. However, the backing for the Ultimates had been declining for years, so New Jersey took a chance and recruited a bunch of schmucks who stopped an attack by a gang of supervillains (The PCs).

The modern age is probs my favorite.

The toughest monster was either Mish Mash, who could regenerate and maim you with a touch, Glutton, who was super-tough and could crush you with his fists or Switcheroo, who could dodge/escape players easily and fuck up their battleplans by moving them and her allies around.

Maybe? Being Super Charismatic seems like a decent power.

I ripped off Worm A LOT. I liked the power system, so I pretty much stole it and transplanted it into a more fantastical world.

Unless its their power, not really that hot. In my setting, powers were pretty much handed out randomly, so the chances of them going to supermodels was low. Hell, attractive people are less likely to get powers, because they'd be more likely to have friends and supporters.

Bland and vague generic city.

Silver.

Haven't hit the PCs with it yet, but a PL 14 blob of molten metal with reaction damage and AoEs out the ass. Fuck you, 8 player group!

It's +2/+5 that breaks PL caps. It's incredibly good.

None I'll admit to!

All female superheroes should have Environment 1 (Intense Heat).

Okay, I decided to make my own version of the sheet.

How does this look for you bud?

>8 player group
Yikes, I hope they're all good players at least.

M&M has a default setting, but you can totally throw that out and run your own no problem.

Oh shit I didn't know we were allowed to post villains the heroes never thought. In that case its' a blonde woman dressed like a cheerleader with the power to manipulate kinetic energy in herself and objects she touches, who uses her powers to act like a flying brick. Her name was Splatter, because that's what's left after she punches you.

I wish I had anyone I could really describe as a good player. I really really do.

I like it (you have a license for hero lab I see. Kick ass. Id get one but no cash)

Some Questions;

The Office has Wealth +8 i have no clue where that's coming from?

Is Tundra's Cold an Array?

Tundra's cold is an array, it's pretty much a must-have if you want to do anything with energy projection or...well, just about anything you can think of.

And the Wealth +8 is just some Gamemaster's alternate rules I have turned on.

I was sorta in a situation like that once. Once the bad people left, my gaming experiences have drastically improved. Don't worry, it'll get better, even if you have start anew.

ah, so making The Office Secret 3, Toughness 6. Size Small, Living Space replace that Wealth +8 do the trick and be legal?

Wealth has nothing to do with the Headquarters, I think it's just something that got bumped to the other page. It's basically just an optional use stat that determines how much you can afford by rolling a DC against whatever you're buying.

ah

In a world where superheroes tend to be relatively attractive by normal people standards, Attractive 1/2 is used when you character goes out of their way to point out that they're hot as fuck. It's the sort of thing that stops a room dead when they walk inside. Starfire is an example of a character with Attractive 2.

On paper it shouldn't matter, but generally speaking, most lady heroes are average at worst. It's made to be a point when a female hero is anything below average. No one's going to say Wonder Woman is unattractive since she dresses pretty and has god's blood in her, but her attractiveness isn't one of her selling points.

In other words, superheroes are naturally attractive by normal people standards.
Attractive says you're attractive even by superhero standards, and that's pretty high.

So Ice Blast and Cold Blast have Multiattack on them but whats the rating of the multiattack?

If it's not specified it's probably a full rank one.

so max rank would be the number of the power?

So related to Attractive, how useful are Taunt or Fascinate?

Why the fuck would you wear clothes that emphasize your tits if you mind people looking at your tits?

Fascinate is absurdly good out of combat and useless in combat. Still worthwhile though.
Taunt is good in single-enemy situations if you've spiked your Deception and bad in all other cases.

>Why the fuck would you wear clothes that emphasize your tits if you mind people looking at your tits?
Girl's gotta breathe in those leotards.

Because people stare at them no matter what you wear so the outfit is a metajoke?

So continuing this idea thread, are there any "Super Charisma" powers? Are they useful/any good?

>So continuing this idea thread, are there any "Super Charisma" powers? Are they useful/any good?
M&M doesn't link descriptors to powers. Any effect could theoretically have the "Charisma" descriptor.

Or were you looking for fun things other people had done?

Pardon, doesn't link descriptors to the raw power effects. "Damage" has no descriptor until it makes its way to a sheet.

Anyone got the edit?

>That pic
But the one on the right gives me more of a boner

I was asking about how one would set up "Super Charisma" in M&M but I'm always down for hearing about other people's fun powers.

>Any effect could theoretically have the "Charisma" descriptor.
You could fluff a Ranged Damage power with the "memes" descriptor. Bam, weaponized memes.

Not sure what you mean by "Super Charisma" that wouldn't be covered by a very high Presence score.

Jokes on you, that also means you can make a Nullify Memes effect.

>Nullify Memes with the Memes descriptor
>counter someone mentally projecting shitty frog edits with loss.jpg edits

>Not sure what you mean by "Super Charisma" that wouldn't be covered by a very high Presence score.

Something like that. Would a build around that work? Could you run afflictions based on hypnotising/fascinating your targets?

Totally. Afflictions with hypnosis and similar descriptors, Enhanced Traits for Presence, Deception, Persuasion, Attractive, and more.

ah k cool If I ever get a game this I'll probs run something about this.

And with pic-related as a segue, has anyone ever played a character with the power to shrink?

How would you mechanically pull off a size-control power, anyway?

The, uh, Shrinking and Growth powers?
Read, nigga, read.

Why do her boobs look like the front plate of a cybertronian on the right? Also, why the fuck would you want to take away that fact that she's supposed to be hot? Who the hell wants an ugly superhero?

There's no such thing as 'sexual objectification' because people mostly want to have sex with PEOPLE. Not with objects. Hell, sex with objects isn't called sex, it's called masturbation. Which makes 'sex' and 'object' MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE CONCEPTS.

All this talk about tits and Afflictions...

...and you remember you statted a power that summons an earth elemental monstergirl with tits so big they deal nuclear damage when they clap together on top of trapping enemies in the cleavage.

What the fuck is going on with Starfires legs in that picture?

Tamaranean bs

Nah, the point there is that you're treated like a sex object despite being a person. It's a thing some people do, both male and female, and it feels real bad to be viewed as nothing more than a piece of meat.

Dunno what why people have such a problem with objectifying a fictional character though, in particular one specifically meant to be idealised and sexy. It's literally an object after all.

No one in the part of the world that likes chicks in skimpy outfits does that, aside from some extreme fringe shit (also known as /d/) but, honestly, if they disregard your humanity, you should disregard theirs, instead of getting butthurt about it.

Powers just arrived on the scene 5 years before the game takes place. The police, mayor, and various companies have all had to scramble to adjust to the new way things are. A large association of heroes called "Gods House" has basically determined the way to organize how things should work in relation to powers. Having no better ideas, the law works with them to keep the peace. All official heroes are more or less free to dispense justice as they see fit, as long as they dont go "overboard."

>Who's the toughest villain that your GM has thrown at you or you, as GM, have thrown at your players?

Three Way Tie:
Glass Phantom; A man who can travel in between mirrors and reflective surfaces. Not exactly original, but then again, nothing is. Killed a relatively powerful and beloved NPC pretty early in the game. Players are shitting their pants in fear of the next time they meet him.
Speedway; Motorcycle gang boss who fought the team in a junkyard. He can rearrange and rebuild motor vehicles. Basically a non-fight. Almost killed a PC and made the rest fucking retreat faster than I've ever seen anyone run away ever.
The Spider Siblings; imagine if there were two Spidermans, they were really fancy mafioso types, and were incestuous toward each other. That fight was...interesting.

Basically every anime ever because i'm a huge fucking weeb.

Hot girls should be hot, but it's fie if they're not.

There's a Thunderbolts-style super parole team overseen by Earth's Pillar, a cosmically gifted metahuman. Pillars are linchpins of reality, resilient to damage to the point of being functionally invincible. If some force or circumstance causes one to be harmed, raw chaos magic seeps into our reality, sort of like the Warp but neutral rather than evil. Earth's Pillar is more powerful than most because his status is augmented by natural metahuman genetics.

There's a school for the offspring of metahumans, aliens and other enhanced beings, operated by two reformed villains. The reasoning is they're better equipped to prepare the kids for what villains might do. one of them can make GL style energy constructs, the other can grow her breasts to the size of cars, but explosively fast, with enough force to derail a train and enough durability to withstand a similar impact.

One of the students is the daughter of Earth's Pillar, she sees it as her duty to "fix" the world. Publicly, she claims to have every power imaginable, but in reality she merely has super speed and moderate durability, and the power to absorb and mimic any force directed against her. This gives her the illusion of invincibility and having every power. Her goal is to condition the world into accepting her definitions of good and evil, so her say so is what decides who's a hero and who's a villain.

There's a Hulk-like monster running around, made of cloned metahuman and alien DNA, metal alloy bones inscribed with magic runes, and implanted brain matter from combat veterans and professional fighters. It's not evil, but someone's always trying to capture it to either control or copy it. Another enemy is a Pillar from another universe, but artificially induced rather than natural. The removal of his world's Pillar's status and grafting it onto another caused a chaos intrusion several thousand light years in diameter.

Just skimming the core book: rrr
Concealment: Make it Affects Only Others. Everyone's too busy staring at you to pay attention to your allies.
Deflect: You're so attractive people pull back instead of hitting you. Also applies to Dodge and Parry.
Healing: Why yes they would be glad to stand back up and go fight for you.
Luck Control: Inspire your allies, or distract your enemies.
Mind Reading: The mooks are all too glad to tell you everything they know. And everything they think about you. And awful poetry.
Summon: Get people to fight for you.

The Mecha and Manga splat has feats for forcing others to listen to your social skill checks, ass well as one for "distracting looks," like having a rack/ass/bulge so amazing it's almost hypnotic.

Alright so I'm thinking of maybe starting a game set in a combined DC/Marvel Universe
Anyone have experience playing in DC or Marvel
I know about DC Adventures but have never actually played in the setting

Outside of killing them, how can someone be removed as a threat more or less permanently in this system?

Any number of narrative methods. Ask your GM, or if you are the GM ask yourself "if this were a comic book hero/villain about to be written out, how would they go?"

Not buff enough

I'd just like my players to have at least some options. Doubly so since they'll be villains. The campaign will be starting soon and I fear they'll off all the other local supers in a few sessions and I'll have to resort to bullshit just to keep the game alive.

I don't recall Starfire ever wearing a slingshot bikini.

Starfire dresses sluttier than the animated series user.

This is the sort of thing that generally needs to be done case-by-case. As such, I can't help you without knowing what their target's powers and nature are.

Meta prisons are kind of a staple for superhero settings. Specially designed cells or collars that negate or perfectly counter a meta's abilities.

Pretty much. Cells are built on a case-by-case basis depending on the needs of the prisoner. Magneto, for example, sits in a plastic cube.

It's inspired by comic books. Even killing is hardly certain. An NPC basically cannot be permanently removed unless the GM decides they are permanently removed.

From a mechanical perspective, unless the villain has or can obtain dimensional travel themselves, attacking them with it using the Attack modifier is pretty much can toss them to a place they'll be very unlikely to travel out of.

But like as others said, the GM can literally fiat a villain's return if they so wish. Of course, whether that is a good idea or not depends on how the GM can justify it.

>Not posting the one with exaggerated poster
You had one job, user

How good or bad of an idea would it be to run a one shot involving PL 12 royalty blessed with divine powers having to be exiled to try and stop a civilization-stomping monster specifically hunting for those with said divinity?

You caaaaann. But M&M isn't a system that lends to one shots very well. It's a bit of effort to make a character and you usually end of revising it a lot.

Eh, well, it's very debatable if I'll ever even get to run it, so I guess it's not a major loss.

There are plenty of real-world studies pointing out that attractive people have tons of advantages - they seem more trustworthy, etc. It's reflected in the benefit for having Attractive, and if your GM keeps it in mind during diceless decisions it's a great thing for a social character to have. That and high presence/social skills are borderline mind control. Pair those things with Subtle mental effects...

Check Required: Persuasion/Deception would probably fit with many Afflictions

I'm interested in running a Worm style game.
Is M&M a good system to elumate it?
Does anyone have any stories or tips if I were to?

First time in one of these threads/generals and I am interested in making a T1000 build is it possible with this game?

Easier said than done - especially when the "they" are in a position of power, and no one fucking believes you or cares when you call them on their shit.

Did not mean to quote

It's pretty easy actually. I mean,, it's built for superheroes, and there's a massive variety of powers in the genre.

I mean, the T 1000 is basically a Shapeshifter that has Morph and Insubstanstial: Fluid as power settings for a Variable point pool.

Sure. No Stamina, Immune to Fort and other stuff, bullshit levels of Regeneration, Morph 3(Humanoids) as a baseline, then you get to pick between arraying his stuff or outright buying a variable.

Oh wow this game sounds cool. Are the books buyable online or is it a fan sort of pdf thing like the Un offical TES Pen and Paper game?

Cool beans. I tried looking up a pdf of powers but I can not seem to find them just a sort of overall guide for character creation and power limits.

This is all the M&MM stuff I've been able to find for yourself or any other user interested. Includes most power profiles, gadgets, and the DC character bible.

mega.nz/#!3w40XCTT!rNYWXryC8zs84GlBLy-lTL8tORdAtVZMe1eLbLmjGpM

Here's the srd:
d20herosrd.com/

And here's a character creator (note the the free version doesn't allow you to save, but it includes everything you need to copy and paste onto a blank PDF sheet):
wolflair.com/index.php?context=hero_lab&page=mutants_=_masterminds

alright thanks user(s). Ill start reading and checking stuff out and see if my group wants to give it a shot.

>de-objectifying is essentially making something less attractive

What makes people think unattractive things can't be objectified; I'm much more likely gonna roughly facefuck a crook-eyed butterface than a ballroom beauty?

Are you guys still talking about this?

I have most of the books for 2nd already, is there any reason I'd consider moving to third?

3rd is generally considered to be a cleaner system overall, with better stat representation, rebalanced and streamlined powers, and other doodads. The main reason people would stick to 2nd is for the sheer number of splats available to it.

I do have to admit, the fact the genre splats are more well rounded, and the system feels overall "complete" has me leery of wanting to switch, hell, to be entirely fair, the existence of Warriors and Warlocks alone has me leery of wanting to switch.

I wouldn't switch unless you're willing to do some legwork with conversion and it may be easier to backport the things you want from 3E anyways(free +2/-2 trades without feats, tradeoffs decided not on a character level but on a power/weapon basis). 3E does play faster and smoother, but it lacks a *lot* of stuff from 2E, especially when you include Mecha & Manga, Ultimate Power, and Warriors & Warlocks, and some of the changes suck, like the Autofire nerf. Sure, it looks better for balance at first glance, but the reality is... something different.

M&M might not be the best system for it honestly. M&M lends itself to more DC than Marvel, players can have lots and lots of powers easily.

I ran a Worm-style game in M&M. It's important to make sure players understand the power system - you get powers as a reflection of a trigger event, power level is closer to x-men than Justice league, your powers are unique to you, powers aren't stock superhero powers and tend to be "weird", powers should be combat focused or intended for use in combat, etc. You don't "Power up", your powers stay the same, although you can learn to use them better or improve your own mundane abilities.

If they understand it going in it'll go much smoother than if they go in thinking its a normal superhero game and get surprised.

The way I've always wanted to do this is have a session zero where everyone brainstorms ideas for (fairly narrow) super powers and then you mix them all up, pull them out of a hat, and add them on to PL ~4 regular people. If your defenses aren't capped, or your power doesn't even have direct combat applications, tough. That's how the source material works.

And anything that wasn't drawn by the PCs is fair game for the opposition, so be careful about dropping the full Flying Brick set in there.

That's an interesting way to run it. When I was creating powers with my player;s we didn't even talk about the rules until after we had decided what their powers were. I did give them some input on what their powers would be because not having a say in such a large aspect of their powers would lead to issues, ie "My power sucks I don't want to play this character" but I still had final say and I made sure they understood the kinds of powers they'd be looking at.

WWII-era. The "mystery men" are called on by their country to stay vigilant against fifth columnists and spies and what not
>What's your favorite Age of Comics to play around in?
Golden Age, surprise surprise. Silver is batshit fun by I'm a sucker for 30s-40s settings
Haven't run it yet, but I've created a Nazi-sympathizing actor who uses high charisma and his radio presence to win folks over to supporting the Axis
Yes
All-Star Squadron, the Rocketeer, The Spirit
As hot as everyone else. It's capeshit, everyone is sexy except for when narrative calls for someone to be hideous/scary (The Thing, Dr. Doom, Black Mask)

why PL10 and not PL3?

fuck wasn't meant to reply to you, my dear user

No worries friend

I need some help. I ran a few games with my group who are PL8 to match the theme of young heroes. I planned an encounter with one of my settings high tier villians who was supposed to beat their cocky attitudes to a pulp. They would later face him again after lots of character development and power growth. The whole encounter was supposed to be a humbling experience but through some of the most shocking series rolls I have ever witnessed they managed to turn the fight around and nearly capture him.

At this point I'm conflicted because the villain was supposed to be a major player in the setting but I feel like my players might see him as a joke if I bring him back in. Should I just let my players enjoy the victory or should I try to have them go another round and do what I originally intended.

Also how much should I be putting into my defenses for characters? Should they all be nearly maxed out or only a few at the PL cap?

PCs and big dudes should absolutely be capped, mooks not so much.

You can tell that wasn't drawn by a comic artist.
If it was it would tuck up under the breasts, despite how clothing function. Following down her abs, hugging every single crease like it was literally painted on.

I maxed the hell out of defenses (toughness shifted even!), and I maxed the hell out of offensives too.

Yet, my players still managed to beat a PL 18 foe. It all depends on how you set things up. Use those Reaction attacks, use those AoES! Use those minions!

>Might see him as a joke

"I've taken your measure. You surprised me. Once."

This is where you teach them to fight smart. Have him show up with ways to fuck over their heroes. Have him fight smart. Have him fight dirty.

Teach them that the bad guys are smart people who aren't going to throw the same tactics at them if it didn't work the first time.

Give them their win. Then have the bad guy make a comeback.

Or worse yet, have people think the heroes are stronger than they are because they punched above their weight class.

>>Is Attractive ever useful?
Ask Dick Grayson.

I have no idea why he doesn't have that advantage in his official statline.

I like to think that in his case, it's not the character that has it, but the player, and the GM is probably female.

What guys and girls do have it in their official statlines?

Bruce Wayne?

What's it like to make a magic character like Dr. Fate or Dr. Strange in this setting?

Say I wanted to make a character like Dr. Fate who gets all his powers from the Egyptian sorcerer living in his Helmet or a character like Dr. Strange who makes pacts with astral beings in exchange for spells. How would I do that>